Page 4 of 47

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:22 am
by The Sezza
Spoiler: MEDIC!
Image
Image
Image

I swear the medic from team fortress 2 is like, his estranged father or something. seriously.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:57 pm
by Marshmello
Haha I just watched the trailers for Team Fortress 2 like an hour ago. I'm not into shooters, but damn that game looks funny!

KHF wrote:Do I really need to say it for this one?
Spoiler: Koiworth
Image
And yes I DO realize it's intentional, but none the less...

... Whossat? :gumshoe: Edgey was intentionally based off of some random anime character without my knowledge? Blasphemy! :grey:

It kind of goes without saying, but please cite where characters are from when you post.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:04 pm
by Wrestlemania
I believe that's from Pokemon, but I'm not certain.

The animation certainly resembles their style though.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:19 pm
by Aevitas
Isn't that from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? o.O They had a whole detective episode where they parodied the PW animations at least.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:22 pm
by Wrestlemania
Meh. might be...

It's funny when PW is parodied.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:29 pm
by espeoradar
I don't know...but my brother says his German lecturer at university looks like a blond :phoenix:

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:55 pm
by Rov
Aevitas wrote:Isn't that from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya? o.O They had a whole detective episode where they parodied the PW animations at least.
Yes.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:01 pm
by Wrestlemania
Wow...

looks like Pokemon quality still.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:10 pm
by Rov
It's probably just the low res of the player.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:28 pm
by Wrestlemania
I guess so......

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:46 pm
by kaitouX
Yes, it's bad player quality; looks like that person got if from YouTube, at least for me. "Melancholy of..." has really nice graphic, way better than Pokemon. :3

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:21 pm
by vonFiedler
I was watching Big O for the first time in god knows how long, when suddenly;

Image

Phoenix Wright anyone?

Anyways, I noticed alot of the animation style was similiar, but none of the characters were looks alikes (except De Killer and the Butler, to an extent). But then the police officer character was talking to Roger, and he said pal. Gotta love that.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:41 am
by Gwiffen
:yuusaku: That level 1 blue team guy from Ouendan 2?

Image

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:20 pm
by Wrestlemania
One of the "Original" Hotti's reminded me of Yoda.

This one:

Spoiler: Hoda?
Image

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:34 pm
by RazeTora
Well, once in Religion class, I had to watch a B-movie called "The Braniacs.com" and there was this digital talking head this kid would talk through on computer and TV screens and stuff like that, I think his name was Mr. Chips or something.
But he bore a striking resemblance to Redd White.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:55 pm
by Donald Serrot
RazeTora wrote:Well, once in Religion class, I had to watch a B-movie called "The Braniacs.com" and there was this digital talking head this kid would talk through on computer and TV screens and stuff like that, I think his name was Mr. Chips or something.
But he bore a striking resemblance to Redd White.

I have that movie. I'll have to take a picture sometime.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:01 pm
by DreamDelight
The Sezza wrote:
Spoiler: MEDIC!
Image
Image
Image

I swear the medic from team fortress 2 is like, his estranged father or something. seriously.


HOOOOOLY CRAP.

CAN'T UNSEE, WILL NEVER UNSEE, FOREVER.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:55 am
by KayeBitchery
vonFiedler wrote:I was watching Big O for the first time in god knows how long, when suddenly;

Image

Phoenix Wright anyone?

Anyways, I noticed alot of the animation style was similiar, but none of the characters were looks alikes (except De Killer and the Butler, to an extent). But then the police officer character was talking to Roger, and he said pal. Gotta love that.

HOLY SH-

I want to watch Big O based soley on this now!

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:43 pm
by Watatata~!
*doesn't comprehend on how the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya style is similar to Pokemon* Like, Kyoto Animation has the shiniest shading with really smooth animation. (about 50 frames per second ftw?!)

Full parody for anyone wondering~

Or this for the lulz. (the translation is correct)

Heck the parody became so popular, a doujin game of this anime was made in the exact same Gyakuten Saiban style. Like there's two of them made right now and they are free to download if you search hard enough. Of course, no English translation.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:18 pm
by Marshmello
I've never actually watched the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but now I must! :cody: ... tomorrow.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:41 am
by Wrestlemania
Image

She always reminded me of Penny Nichols. Maybe it's the glasses.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:32 am
by kaitouX
Spoiler: space saving
Image
Image

These pesky Polish newspapers.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:10 pm
by Wrestlemania
Not bad! But.... can you maybe reverse the image so the upper one is horizontally reversed?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:48 pm
by kaitouX
Um, you mean like that?:

Spoiler:
Image

Image

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:50 pm
by Wrestlemania
THERE we go!

Helloooooooo mirror!

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:52 pm
by kaitouX
It's not mirror, sir. It's the FUTURE.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:02 pm
by Wrestlemania
........

Edgeworth will be a bald polish guy?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:08 pm
by kaitouX
Maybe not Polish, but he will be bald.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:35 pm
by WhiteElephant
Payne as Ted from Scrubs (if Ted had glasses of course ;3)
And I will be shot for the next one.

Spoiler: Dr. Grey as...
Image
LEWIS BLACK!
Not exact look a likes mind you, but very similar personalities I think XD!!

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:36 pm
by Balrog
Is there ANY similarities other then the glasses? at all?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:36 pm
by Donald Serrot
WhiteElephant wrote:Payne as Ted from Scrubs (if Ted had glasses of course ;3)
And I will be shot for the next one.

Spoiler: Dr. Grey as...
Image
LEWIS BLACK!
Not exact look a likes mind you, but very similar personalities I think XD!!

Pics?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:41 pm
by WhiteElephant
Image
And as Scrubs fans know Ted is an attorney for the hospital~ Not a very good one either.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:42 pm
by Balrog
WhiteElephant wrote:Image
And as Scrubs fans know Ted is was an attorney for the hospital~ Not a very good one either.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:43 pm
by WhiteElephant
Balrog wrote:Is there ANY similarities other then the glasses? at all?

Image
Angry face is angry XD?~

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:44 pm
by Balrog
WhiteElephant wrote:
Balrog wrote:Is there ANY similarities other then the glasses? at all?

Image
Angry face is angry XD?~


... Still doesn't look like him >>

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:11 am
by Sister White
There's a popular Taiwanese emoticon series called "Onion Club". It's got a number of emoticons (also where I got my avator from) that remind me of certain PW characters...

Source for all: Onion Club English Version

Spoiler: saving some space?
Image IS THIS NOT OBVIOUS??? Edgeworth and Manfred Von Karma's finger point gesture, if you haven't figured...

Image = :tea:

Image reminds me a teeny bit of Iris

Image = :butzthumbs:

Image = :pearly: when she cries

Image = :redd: or :welly:

Image = :maya-shock:

Image = :regina:

Image = :scratch: without the face scratch

Image = :hotti:


Okay fine so they're animated figures, not real people...still fun though =P

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:13 am
by Wrestlemania
Why did the "shining eyes" one look like Regina and not :larry: ?

And the Wellington/Redd one? Id's choose Redd.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:19 am
by Sister White
Wrestlemania wrote:Why did the "shining eyes" one look like Regina and not :larry: ?

And the Wellington/Redd one? Id's choose Redd.


It could be :larry: I suppose, it just somehow reminded me of :regina: right away when I saw it =P

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:27 am
by Wrestlemania
Hmm... Maybe Maggey Byrde?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:31 am
by Sister White
Image can pertain to different characters. Heck, it could even be be :wendy: ...Edgey poooooooooo!