Rate the Last Movie you Saw
-
Sir Duke
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 566
- Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:30 am
- Custom Title: The King of All
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
I was referring to the sequels, not the original.
The king of all, Sir Duke
-
Louise
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 7882
- Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:11 pm
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
I thought the first two were great, certainly scared the crap out of me. The 3rd one was ok, less believable but had some great scares. The 4th one was shit although the very end was terrifying (all them witches).
The new one looks like it'll be as bad as the 4th, but I'll still try and watch it.
The new one looks like it'll be as bad as the 4th, but I'll still try and watch it.
-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
If you talking about the first one then yes, but the rest were shit after the 2nd onePierre wrote:I didn't think Paranormal activity was all that badDeadpool 9 wrote:Really? I haven't seen it, but I'd expect it to be better than Paranormal Activity.make me give the doorway funny looks when lying in bed at night for a while.
-
bratty waifu
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1728
- Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 am
- Custom Title: ★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★
- Location: Heartland Province
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
The Amityville Haunting.
My boyfriend wanted to see it. It was horrible. The people in it weren't the cream of the crop when it comes to acting. They tried to scare the audience with the black screen and random faces popping up every now and then, to no avail. It was way too predictable.
1 / 5 and that's being generous.
My boyfriend wanted to see it. It was horrible. The people in it weren't the cream of the crop when it comes to acting. They tried to scare the audience with the black screen and random faces popping up every now and then, to no avail. It was way too predictable.
1 / 5 and that's being generous.
♡ Facebook ☆ Kidd & Milky Comics ♡
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
-
Sir Duke
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 566
- Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:30 am
- Custom Title: The King of All
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Is that review for the original or the remake?Scuttlebutt wrote:The Amityville Haunting.
My boyfriend wanted to see it. It was horrible. The people in it weren't the cream of the crop when it comes to acting. They tried to scare the audience with the black screen and random faces popping up every now and then, to no avail. It was way too predictable.
1 / 5 and that's being generous.
The king of all, Sir Duke
-
bratty waifu
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1728
- Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 am
- Custom Title: ★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★
- Location: Heartland Province
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Just in case people want to watch it...Deadpool 9 wrote:Is that review for the original or the remake?Scuttlebutt wrote:The Amityville Haunting.
My boyfriend wanted to see it. It was horrible. The people in it weren't the cream of the crop when it comes to acting. They tried to scare the audience with the black screen and random faces popping up every now and then, to no avail. It was way too predictable.
1 / 5 and that's being generous.
Spoiler:
♡ Facebook ☆ Kidd & Milky Comics ♡
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
-
Shtak
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 168
- Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:53 pm
- Custom Title: Don't call me Shirley
- Location: France
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Snake eyes. I gave it a try just out of sheer curiosity, I didn't even kow De Palma directed it before the opening credits
Overrall it was a decent watch, some directing tour de force and decently paced, but kinda spoiled by some clichés and cookie cutter parts, and the fact that the plot and suspense didn't remotely lived up to their huge potential. Still undeserving of the hate it seems to get I'd say. 6.5/10
Overrall it was a decent watch, some directing tour de force and decently paced, but kinda spoiled by some clichés and cookie cutter parts, and the fact that the plot and suspense didn't remotely lived up to their huge potential. Still undeserving of the hate it seems to get I'd say. 6.5/10
-
WaitingforGodot
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 7320
- Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
- Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
- Location: Sweden
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
A horror-thriller-thingie called Would you rather, directed by David Guy Levy. It was decent enough, rather entertaining actually. 3,5/5 perhaps?
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
-
Lord Doitsu
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1070
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 pm
- Custom Title: An Enigma Among Humans
- Location: I'm at soup!
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
The Fairy Tail Movie. It was surprising sad with no real happy ending. For those who don't know, sad things happen all the time. However, when they do they are met with a strong speech and things are still sad but everyone is strengthened by it. In this movie, NO strong speech, No one feels stronger. It just ends with Lucy crying, Natsu holding her, and then it fades to credits. Being a positive guy, I give it 8 Happys out of 10.

-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
*vomits into a bag* eww gross a Fairy Tail MovieBlood_fox5 wrote:The Fairy Tail Movie. It was surprising sad with no real happy ending. For those who don't know, sad things happen all the time. However, when they do they are met with a strong speech and things are still sad but everyone is strengthened by it. In this movie, NO strong speech, No one feels stronger. It just ends with Lucy crying, Natsu holding her, and then it fades to credits. Being a positive guy, I give it 8 Happys out of 10.
-
Lord Doitsu
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1070
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 pm
- Custom Title: An Enigma Among Humans
- Location: I'm at soup!
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Hey now, if you went and mentioned a One Piece movie I would not have said anything negative about it. And for your information I am watching One Piece, and I think it is good, I plan on continuing to watch it. But I still like Fairy Tail better.Fool Bright wrote:*vomits into a bag* eww gross a Fairy Tail MovieBlood_fox5 wrote:The Fairy Tail Movie. It was surprising sad with no real happy ending. For those who don't know, sad things happen all the time. However, when they do they are met with a strong speech and things are still sad but everyone is strengthened by it. In this movie, NO strong speech, No one feels stronger. It just ends with Lucy crying, Natsu holding her, and then it fades to credits. Being a positive guy, I give it 8 Happys out of 10.

-
bratty waifu
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1728
- Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 am
- Custom Title: ★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★
- Location: Heartland Province
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
I despise Fairy Tail with a passion. I find One Piece so much better, but I can't see myself besmirch Fairy Tail to a fan because I wouldn't want it done to something I like. I'll just keep it to myself... and share with Fool Bright.Blood_fox5 wrote:Hey now, if you went and mentioned a One Piece movie I would not have said anything negative about it. And for your information I am watching One Piece, and I think it is good, I plan on continuing to watch it. But I still like Fairy Tail better.Fool Bright wrote:*vomits into a bag* eww gross a Fairy Tail MovieBlood_fox5 wrote:The Fairy Tail Movie. It was surprising sad with no real happy ending. For those who don't know, sad things happen all the time. However, when they do they are met with a strong speech and things are still sad but everyone is strengthened by it. In this movie, NO strong speech, No one feels stronger. It just ends with Lucy crying, Natsu holding her, and then it fades to credits. Being a positive guy, I give it 8 Happys out of 10.
♡ Facebook ☆ Kidd & Milky Comics ♡
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Fairy tail is pretty much a carbon copy of One Piece but with mages, so I find it gross when people compare it to One Piece by saying Fairy Tail is Better. Im entitled to my opinion which is why I said what I said and your entitled to your side of the argument.Blood_fox5 wrote:Hey now, if you went and mentioned a One Piece movie I would not have said anything negative about it. And for your information I am watching One Piece, and I think it is good, I plan on continuing to watch it. But I still like Fairy Tail better.Fool Bright wrote:*vomits into a bag* eww gross a Fairy Tail MovieBlood_fox5 wrote:The Fairy Tail Movie. It was surprising sad with no real happy ending. For those who don't know, sad things happen all the time. However, when they do they are met with a strong speech and things are still sad but everyone is strengthened by it. In this movie, NO strong speech, No one feels stronger. It just ends with Lucy crying, Natsu holding her, and then it fades to credits. Being a positive guy, I give it 8 Happys out of 10.
-
bratty waifu
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1728
- Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 am
- Custom Title: ★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★
- Location: Heartland Province
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Oh my~~ <3Fool Bright wrote: Fairy tail is pretty much a carbon copy of One Piece but with mages, so I find it gross when people compare it to One Piece by saying Fairy Tail is Better. Im entitled to my opinion which is why I said what I said and your entitled to your side of the argument.
♡ Facebook ☆ Kidd & Milky Comics ♡
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
-
Lord Doitsu
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1070
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 pm
- Custom Title: An Enigma Among Humans
- Location: I'm at soup!
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
And you are right to have that opinion. I am not saying Fairy Tail is better (meaning in terms of story) I just like it for my own reasons. One Piece is really good, don't get me wrong, I just like Fairy Tail for my personal reasons more than I lake One Piece for all it has going for it.Fool Bright wrote:Fairy tail is pretty much a carbon copy of One Piece but with mages, so I find it gross when people compare it to One Piece by saying Fairy Tail is Better. Im entitled to my opinion which is why I said what I said and your entitled to your side of the argument.Blood_fox5 wrote:Hey now, if you went and mentioned a One Piece movie I would not have said anything negative about it. And for your information I am watching One Piece, and I think it is good, I plan on continuing to watch it. But I still like Fairy Tail better.Fool Bright wrote:
*vomits into a bag* eww gross a Fairy Tail Movie
Edit: You know what, forget everything I have said. This is war. I love Fairy Tail. You love One Piece. Let this war continue.

-
bratty waifu
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1728
- Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 am
- Custom Title: ★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★
- Location: Heartland Province
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
One Piece > Fairy Tail
Now, let's not get carried away because this isn't a this is better that that battle thread.
_______________
Back on topic....
I saw White: Melody of the Curse
10 / 10
Now, let's not get carried away because this isn't a this is better that that battle thread.
_______________
Back on topic....
I saw White: Melody of the Curse
10 / 10
♡ Facebook ☆ Kidd & Milky Comics ♡
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Blood_fox5 wrote:And you are right to have that opinion. I am not saying Fairy Tail is better (meaning in terms of story) I just like it for my own reasons. One Piece is really good, don't get me wrong, I just like Fairy Tail for my personal reasons more than I lake One Piece for all it has going for it.
Edit: You know what, forget everything I have said. This is war. I love Fairy Tail. You love One Piece. Let this war continue.
HAHA HAHA HAHA! Ho Ho Ho Ho! HA HA HA HA! let the war begin!....tomorrow
-
bratty waifu
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1728
- Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 am
- Custom Title: ★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★
- Location: Heartland Province
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Shut up. ffs. -___-Fool Bright wrote:Blood_fox5 wrote:And you are right to have that opinion. I am not saying Fairy Tail is better (meaning in terms of story) I just like it for my own reasons. One Piece is really good, don't get me wrong, I just like Fairy Tail for my personal reasons more than I lake One Piece for all it has going for it.
Edit: You know what, forget everything I have said. This is war. I love Fairy Tail. You love One Piece. Let this war continue.
HAHA HAHA HAHA! Ho Ho Ho Ho! HA HA HA HA! let the war begin!....tomorrow![]()
♡ Facebook ☆ Kidd & Milky Comics ♡
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
-
bratty waifu
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1728
- Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 am
- Custom Title: ★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★
- Location: Heartland Province
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
*Sorry for the double post*
I just finished watching the 2013 remake of Carrie. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Of course, they changed things to better fit with modern society, (i.e. texting, wardrobe, etc) but it wasn't too bad. I wish she didn't use her hands as much when doing telekinesis, though. Julianne Moore was really good, as well as Chloe.
It had one sex scene, but no nudity. They were covered with a blanket and there was no nudity throughout the movie. That's a shocker. Still showed the pig slaughter scene.... mum and I hit fast forward there.
8.5 / 10
I still prefer the original, but this remake was better than the 2002 remake.
I just finished watching the 2013 remake of Carrie. It wasn't as bad as I thought. Of course, they changed things to better fit with modern society, (i.e. texting, wardrobe, etc) but it wasn't too bad. I wish she didn't use her hands as much when doing telekinesis, though. Julianne Moore was really good, as well as Chloe.
It had one sex scene, but no nudity. They were covered with a blanket and there was no nudity throughout the movie. That's a shocker. Still showed the pig slaughter scene.... mum and I hit fast forward there.
8.5 / 10
I still prefer the original, but this remake was better than the 2002 remake.
♡ Facebook ☆ Kidd & Milky Comics ♡
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 2 9/10
I enjoyed it a lot as well as the first movie.
I enjoyed it a lot as well as the first movie.
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Wait, why is there a sex scene in Carrie? Okay, I haven't watched the movies and only read a synopsis of the book, but I do not remember sex having anything to do with that story. I know that "The Rage", the movie that was so similar to Carrie that people complained, so they hastily slapped 'Carrie 2' as a subtitle on it, probably had sex in it: but that's because the 'villains' were these moronic jocks who kepts Score about which girl they banged.Scuttlebutt wrote:I still prefer the original, but this remake was better than the 2002 remake.
But Carrie? Or this just a sex scene in the movie to have a freaking sex scene?
God I hate those type of scenes. Then again, I hate sex scenes in general.
I think the 'problem' for people with the newest Carrie movie, is the fact that it makes it so that she knows from the start of her telekinesis and actually make her a pyromaniac, although she originally just caused electrical stuff to happen which shortcircuited and caused a fire.
Does it still have this supposed "Jump Scare Ending"? I can't remember...
C-A


-
bratty waifu
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1728
- Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 am
- Custom Title: ★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★
- Location: Heartland Province
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
I think the director was trying to make it more modern to teenagers today. "The Rage" had sex scenes, which were totally unnecessary. I was watching the Carrie remake and boom... sex scene. There weren't any sex scenes in the original Carrie other than John Travolta getting blown in his car.CatMuto wrote:Wait, why is there a sex scene in Carrie? Okay, I haven't watched the movies and only read a synopsis of the book, but I do not remember sex having anything to do with that story. I know that "The Rage", the movie that was so similar to Carrie that people complained, so they hastily slapped 'Carrie 2' as a subtitle on it, probably had sex in it: but that's because the 'villains' were these moronic jocks who kepts Score about which girl they banged.Scuttlebutt wrote:I still prefer the original, but this remake was better than the 2002 remake.
But Carrie? Or this just a sex scene in the movie to have a freaking sex scene?
God I hate those type of scenes. Then again, I hate sex scenes in general.
I think the 'problem' for people with the newest Carrie movie, is the fact that it makes it so that she knows from the start of her telekinesis and actually make her a pyromaniac, although she originally just caused electrical stuff to happen which shortcircuited and caused a fire.
Does it still have this supposed "Jump Scare Ending"? I can't remember...
C-A
Yeah, her telekinesis was WAY too obvious this time around. Sissy just looked at things, Chloe used her hands way too much.
As for the "jump scare", that was removed too. They show Sue Snow (whom is pregnant) in court talking about the ordeal and then visiting Carrie's tombstone in a cemetery which still reads "Carrie White Burns in Hell" and she places a flower next to it. When she walks away, the ground shakes and her tombstone starts cracking. The original shows Sue Snow walking to Carrie's house, which was no longer there, and walking towards a cross that read "Carrie White Burns in Hell", places a flower and an arm grabs her to which Sue wakes up screaming.
They changed to many things to adapt to teens nowadays. It was alright, but some things should have been kept the way they originally were.
♡ Facebook ☆ Kidd & Milky Comics ♡
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Hmm... okay, I'm not a teen anymore - I'm quite glad about that, I feel much better about myself now that I'm in my 20s - so maybe I "don't get it" but even when I was a teen, I saw no point in putting a sex scene into a movie if it had no real purpose.They changed to many things to adapt to teens nowadays. It was alright, but some things should have been kept the way they originally were.
But then, I'll say what I did about the Nostalgia Critic's very angry review of The Shining's TV Series. Stephen King's writing style is very slow, very subtle, where it slowly creeps into your mind and clings to it as you read the story and begins to scare you with other things, not 'just' jump scares. Which is why I think it's very difficult to transfer Stephen King's works into other medium.
C-A
PS: The original blowjob scene was pretty stupid, too. I mean, she was capable of saying a word coherently!


-
bratty waifu
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1728
- Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 am
- Custom Title: ★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★
- Location: Heartland Province
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Perhaps the younger generation.CatMuto wrote:Hmm... okay, I'm not a teen anymore - I'm quite glad about that, I feel much better about myself now that I'm in my 20s - so maybe I "don't get it" but even when I was a teen, I saw no point in putting a sex scene into a movie if it had no real purpose.They changed to many things to adapt to teens nowadays. It was alright, but some things should have been kept the way they originally were.
But then, I'll say what I did about the Nostalgia Critic's very angry review of The Shining's TV Series. Stephen King's writing style is very slow, very subtle, where it slowly creeps into your mind and clings to it as you read the story and begins to scare you with other things, not 'just' jump scares. Which is why I think it's very difficult to transfer Stephen King's works into other medium.
C-A
PS: The original blowjob scene was pretty stupid, too. I mean, she was capable of saying a word coherently!
I agree with that.
Yeah, I couldn't help but laugh at that. She was still able to speak, very clearly at that.
♡ Facebook ☆ Kidd & Milky Comics ♡
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
-
Rnomadrs
- Suspect

- Posts: 23
- Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:55 pm
- Custom Title: Hi
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
The last movie I saw was The Lego Movie.
I'd give it a 9.5/10 because I thought the movie was absolutely hilarious. The only reason why it's not a perfect 10 for me is because I feel like all the funny moments really started to die down near the end, but perhaps that was just because I found the first half so funny.
I'd give it a 9.5/10 because I thought the movie was absolutely hilarious. The only reason why it's not a perfect 10 for me is because I feel like all the funny moments really started to die down near the end, but perhaps that was just because I found the first half so funny.
-
Shao-Mae
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 385
- Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:10 am
- Custom Title: The dwarf geeky panda!
- Location: Where am I?
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs 2
I found the story very childish, but since it is a children movie and I'm so use to Disney and Dreamworks, I don't quite remember what is a real children movie. I fell in love with the models and the animation of Chester V. He moves as if he was an elastic 2D guy, wich I really appreciated (he also look like Ghandi from Clone High so for me it's a plus). Full of lame food pun, which they assume so that make them funny again.
8/10
Blue Jasmine
I was curious about it and I think it is worth an oscar for the main actress. He character is very mess up and she show it in such a subtule way that it look very real. No super breakdown scene (except some which were totally legit). The story was good. Make a chance from the usual hollywoodian scenario. Worth the watch if you don't mind the style where it focus more on the character and their backstory than a series of events.
9/10 (a bit slow to really start)
About the Carrie remake: The main problem with doing a remake is the constant comparison with the original one. So normally the director (but the producer as the last word in america in the real life) decide to do things different and reinvent the wheel. I didn't saw the movie so I just can't compare them, but trying to mordernize the context is good. Showing the telekinesis thing to the viewer is good since we all know the story of Carrie. As for the sex scene, I don't know the context, maybe it was to show that Carrie was an easy prey due to her poor self esteem and some guy used her, or since the actress was good looking they wanted to attract the guys at the cinema like every pther movies.
I found the story very childish, but since it is a children movie and I'm so use to Disney and Dreamworks, I don't quite remember what is a real children movie. I fell in love with the models and the animation of Chester V. He moves as if he was an elastic 2D guy, wich I really appreciated (he also look like Ghandi from Clone High so for me it's a plus). Full of lame food pun, which they assume so that make them funny again.
8/10
Blue Jasmine
I was curious about it and I think it is worth an oscar for the main actress. He character is very mess up and she show it in such a subtule way that it look very real. No super breakdown scene (except some which were totally legit). The story was good. Make a chance from the usual hollywoodian scenario. Worth the watch if you don't mind the style where it focus more on the character and their backstory than a series of events.
9/10 (a bit slow to really start)
About the Carrie remake: The main problem with doing a remake is the constant comparison with the original one. So normally the director (but the producer as the last word in america in the real life) decide to do things different and reinvent the wheel. I didn't saw the movie so I just can't compare them, but trying to mordernize the context is good. Showing the telekinesis thing to the viewer is good since we all know the story of Carrie. As for the sex scene, I don't know the context, maybe it was to show that Carrie was an easy prey due to her poor self esteem and some guy used her, or since the actress was good looking they wanted to attract the guys at the cinema like every pther movies.
Please don't hit me...
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
But that's the problem. Carrie was NOT a pretty girl. She was at least described as homely or a bit pudgey. Fuck Hollywood Homely, I want an "ugly" person on the screen if the original character is supposed to.
C-A
C-A


-
Lord Doitsu
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1070
- Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:30 pm
- Custom Title: An Enigma Among Humans
- Location: I'm at soup!
-
bratty waifu
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1728
- Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 am
- Custom Title: ★ I wanna Yabba Dabba Die ★
- Location: Heartland Province
- Contact:
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
In the remake Carrie wasn't the one that had sex. It was Sue and she later found out (by Carrie) that she was pregnant.Shao-Mae wrote:About the Carrie remake: The main problem with doing a remake is the constant comparison with the original one. So normally the director (but the producer as the last word in america in the real life) decide to do things different and reinvent the wheel. I didn't saw the movie so I just can't compare them, but trying to mordernize the context is good. Showing the telekinesis thing to the viewer is good since we all know the story of Carrie. As for the sex scene, I don't know the context, maybe it was to show that Carrie was an easy prey due to her poor self esteem and some guy used her, or since the actress was good looking they wanted to attract the guys at the cinema like every pther movies.
Yes.Blood_fox5 wrote:Was I the only one that thought of Carrie as an X-men horror story?
♡ Facebook ☆ Kidd & Milky Comics ♡
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
Instagram (18+ Art) ☆ Art Merch ♡
☆ X: @miilkywei ♡ PSN: Saebyeog ☆ Switch: SW-6480-0576-7900 ♡
*HMU if you wanna die or request commissions*
-
Alonso Swift
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 737
- Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 am
- Custom Title: Ace Explorer
- Location: The Yggdrasil Labyrinth
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
I activate the magic card "Thread Reborn!"
...Anyway, last night I got around to watching Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva. And I liked how they transferred the puzzle idea from the games to the movie, though it did get a little 'forced-in' at times. The story was good - got me emotionally invested (though not as deeply as the games... But it's like comparing apples and oranges, really.) And... Ah, geez, I'm no good at trying to critique stuff, who am I kidding?
Overall, I'd put it at 8/10, maybe 8.5. It's a solid movie (one that's even better if you've played the Layton games!) Some parts could've been explained better, such as
But hey. I'm pretty forgiving of that.
As a funny little aside, I had it playing as I did my math homework, and I quickly found myself forgoing my math in favor of the movie.
...Anyway, last night I got around to watching Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva. And I liked how they transferred the puzzle idea from the games to the movie, though it did get a little 'forced-in' at times. The story was good - got me emotionally invested (though not as deeply as the games... But it's like comparing apples and oranges, really.) And... Ah, geez, I'm no good at trying to critique stuff, who am I kidding?
Overall, I'd put it at 8/10, maybe 8.5. It's a solid movie (one that's even better if you've played the Layton games!) Some parts could've been explained better, such as
Spoiler: Pretty much spoils 80% of the plot in one go

Well? Are we going or what?
-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Here's a better conundrum!AlonsoSwift wrote:I activate the magic card "Thread Reborn!"
...Anyway, last night I got around to watching Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva. And I liked how they transferred the puzzle idea from the games to the movie, though it did get a little 'forced-in' at times. The story was good - got me emotionally invested (though not as deeply as the games... But it's like comparing apples and oranges, really.) And... Ah, geez, I'm no good at trying to critique stuff, who am I kidding?![]()
Overall, I'd put it at 8/10, maybe 8.5. It's a solid movie (one that's even better if you've played the Layton games!) Some parts could've been explained better, such as
But hey. I'm pretty forgiving of that.Spoiler: Pretty much spoils 80% of the plot in one goAs a funny little aside, I had it playing as I did my math homework, and I quickly found myself forgoing my math in favor of the movie.
Spoiler: MORE SPOILERS!
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
Alonso Swift
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 737
- Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 am
- Custom Title: Ace Explorer
- Location: The Yggdrasil Labyrinth
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Pierre wrote:Here's a better conundrum!AlonsoSwift wrote:I activate the magic card "Thread Reborn!"
...Anyway, last night I got around to watching Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva. And I liked how they transferred the puzzle idea from the games to the movie, though it did get a little 'forced-in' at times. The story was good - got me emotionally invested (though not as deeply as the games... But it's like comparing apples and oranges, really.) And... Ah, geez, I'm no good at trying to critique stuff, who am I kidding?![]()
Overall, I'd put it at 8/10, maybe 8.5. It's a solid movie (one that's even better if you've played the Layton games!) Some parts could've been explained better, such as
But hey. I'm pretty forgiving of that.Spoiler: Pretty much spoils 80% of the plot in one goAs a funny little aside, I had it playing as I did my math homework, and I quickly found myself forgoing my math in favor of the movie.
Spoiler: MORE SPOILERS!
Spoiler:

Well? Are we going or what?
-
Erulissë
- Suspect

- Posts: 34
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:59 pm
- Location: Númenor... but that's gone.
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Of course he does. xDCoyote wrote:Spoiler: Spoiler-y Opinions
http://panaran.tumblr.com/post/70241503 ... game-smaug

-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
The Lego Movie 9.5/10
-
Sir Duke
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 566
- Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:30 am
- Custom Title: The King of All
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
That movie was awesomeIshimaru Kiyotaka wrote:The Lego Movie 9.5/10
The king of all, Sir Duke
-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Yes it was :D. I loved batman xDDeadpool 9 wrote:That movie was awesomeIshimaru Kiyotaka wrote:The Lego Movie 9.5/10
-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
EVERYTHING (about it) WAS AWESOMEDeadpool 9 wrote:That movie was awesomeIshimaru Kiyotaka wrote:The Lego Movie 9.5/10
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
I just really hope they don't screw up the sequelPierre wrote:EVERYTHING (about it) WAS AWESOMEDeadpool 9 wrote:That movie was awesomeIshimaru Kiyotaka wrote:The Lego Movie 9.5/10
-
Sir Duke
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 566
- Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:30 am
- Custom Title: The King of All
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
We all hope, but I don't think they could make it as good as the original.I just really hope they don't screw up the sequel![]()
You just can't top it.
The king of all, Sir Duke
-
Church Of Sumire
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6446
- Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 am
Re: Rate the Last Movie you Saw
Yea especially since the directors stepped down and new directors are doing the sequel.Deadpool 9 wrote:We all hope, but I don't think they could make it as good as the original.I just really hope they don't screw up the sequel![]()
You just can't top it.
see how it withers before my flower of justice