You shouldn't be thanking us for liking this, we should be thanking you for making it.
(07/07/16 UPDATE) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: (Update 19/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
You shouldn't be thanking us for liking this, we should be thanking you for making it.
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: (Update 19/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Oliver wrote:What do you mean? We all hate this comic...

-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: (Update 19/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Oliver wrote:What do you mean? We all hate this comic...Congratulations, this is the final comic strip of Robert Civil: Ace Attorney. No more comic strips will be released. In fact, the spinoff fanfiction, Rachel Rushton will neither be finished too. Both are now hereby declared cancelled due to sever hatred. Thank you very much. End of discussion.
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: (Update 19/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Oliver wrote:Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Oliver wrote:What do you mean? We all hate this comic...Congratulations, this is the final comic strip of Robert Civil: Ace Attorney. No more comic strips will be released. In fact, the spinoff fanfiction, Rachel Rushton will neither be finished too. Both are now hereby declared cancelled due to sever hatred. Thank you very much. End of discussion.So the comic's finally over? Awesome!

-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: (Update 19/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
*banned from boards...again*-
DefenceLawyer
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm
Re: (Update 19/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Well... That was a beautiful conversation.
Why am I not surprised at all that you've been banned, Oliver?
What was the crime committed to the mod gods?
Oliver wrote:Wow, thanks for this, DefenceLawyer!*banned from boards...again*
Why am I not surprised at all that you've been banned, Oliver?
What was the crime committed to the mod gods?Sig.
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: (Update 19/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
DefenceLawyer wrote:Well... That was a beautiful conversation.Oliver wrote:Wow, thanks for this, DefenceLawyer!*banned from boards...again*
Why am I not surprised at all that you've been banned, Oliver?What was the crime committed to the mod gods?
*breaks in* Sorry, I seem to have been banned...I believe it was for killing everyone at NSA? Or was it accidentally setting fire to the website? I forget...
-
DefenceLawyer
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm
Re: (Update 19/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Oliver wrote:DefenceLawyer wrote:Well... That was a beautiful conversation.Oliver wrote:Wow, thanks for this, DefenceLawyer!*banned from boards...again*
Why am I not surprised at all that you've been banned, Oliver?What was the crime committed to the mod gods?
*breaks in* Sorry, I seem to have been banned...I believe it was for killing everyone at NSA? Or was it accidentally setting fire to the website? I forget...
Crazy dude.
Currently doing some scripting on case 3. The plot points are all there, its just filling the gaps in between now.
Sig.
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: (Update 19/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
You finished Case 2 in a jiffy? I can't believe this.

-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: (Update 19/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Patchouli Knowledge wrote:You finished Case 2 in a jiffy? I can't believe this.
He was probably planning Case 2 whilst making Case 1 into the comic..
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: (Update 20/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Couldn't sleep, so I was having some Rachels while reading this comic. There's an error in the strip where Detective Gatewater gives you the "Lost" Sign. The rain effect should not be in there, since that permanently removes the enjoyment of 2D-ness. Besides, it's an error to me.

-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: (Update 20/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Couldn't sleep, so I was having some Rachels while reading this comic. There's an error in the strip where Detective Gatewater gives you the "Lost" Sign. The rain effect should not be in there, since that permanently removes the enjoyment of 2D-ness. Besides, it's an error to me.
Finally, you learned that Rachel is potato chips. It only took you 50 years.
-
Cesar Zero
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 715
- Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:06 pm
- Location: Dominican Republic
Re: (Update 19/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Oliver wrote:You shouldn't be thanking us for liking this, we should be thanking you for making it.
I'm feeling lazy right now so I will just say I agree with this.
Signature loading, please wait...
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: (Update 19/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
cesar26100 wrote:Oliver wrote:You shouldn't be thanking us for liking this, we should be thanking you for making it.
I'm feeling lazy right now so I will just say I agree with this.Wait, I deleted the wrong part of the quote, it was the striked-out line I agree with.
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: (Update 20/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Oliver wrote:cesar26100 wrote:Oliver wrote:You shouldn't be thanking us for liking this, we should be thanking you for making it.
I'm feeling lazy right now so I will just say I agree with this.Wait, I deleted the wrong part of the quote, it was the striked-out line I agree with.Shhh...I'm pretending to like his comic...

-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: (Update 20/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

-
DefenceLawyer
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm
Re: (Update 19/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Oliver wrote:Patchouli Knowledge wrote:You finished Case 2 in a jiffy? I can't believe this.This is why he should quit the comic
He was probably planning Case 2 whilst making Case 1 into the comic..
I'm trying to get as much work done before I return to uni in October. Oliver is right, I was planning out case 2 whilst case 1 was ongoing and I'm hoping to continue that process.
Plus, I have a bit of back-catalogue of these comics anyway. I update daily and usually make about three of these a day. I haven't made a new one for a couple of days now (gotta get back to it) because I've been doing a lot of scripting for the series in general.
Basically, in order to deliver a decent overall story for the series, I've gotta do an awful lot of planning
That's my advice to those considering making their own sprite comics (come on, one of you guys have gotta give it a try! Please?) just make sure that you plan out a story you want to tell before you start uploading comics. That is what has saved me a lot of work. But at the same time, don't try and plan every case. You just want a basic storyline. If you plan out every case, then it feels like work. If you are making a case whilst also scripting the next one, then it is hella fun. You get much more enjoyment out of it.
Also, update, folks!
Sig.
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: (Update 20/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Oliver wrote:I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE! I blame DefenceLawyer for that.
Oliver, sometimes ago wrote:No u.

-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: (Update 20/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Oliver wrote:I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE! I blame DefenceLawyer for that.Oliver, sometimes ago wrote:No u.
Fuck me, you! I mean...Err...
-
DefenceLawyer
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm
Re: (Update 20/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Oliver wrote:Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Couldn't sleep, so I was having some Rachels while reading this comic. There's an error in the strip where Detective Gatewater gives you the "Lost" Sign. The rain effect should not be in there, since that permanently removes the enjoyment of 2D-ness. Besides, it's an error to me.
Finally, you learned that Rachel is potato chips. It only took you 50 years.
(Sorry, I started writing the previous post and it took me so long that these comics were here :')
Patch, I will look into that tomorrow and see if I can do anything to make it better. (There's no guarantee I'll be able to fix it though, but I will have a go.)
You guys are awesome
It is now canon: Rachel is potato chips.
Sig.
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: (Update 20/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
DefenceLawyer wrote:Oliver wrote:Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Couldn't sleep, so I was having some Rachels while reading this comic. There's an error in the strip where Detective Gatewater gives you the "Lost" Sign. The rain effect should not be in there, since that permanently removes the enjoyment of 2D-ness. Besides, it's an error to me.
Finally, you learned that Rachel is potato chips. It only took you 50 years.
(Sorry, I started writing the previous post and it took me so long that these comics were here :')
Patch, I will look into that tomorrow and see if I can do anything to make it better. (There's no guarantee I'll be able to fix it though, but I will have a go.)
You guys are awesome![]()
It is now canon: Rachel is potato chips.
It was always canon.

-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: (Update 20/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Oliver wrote:Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Oliver wrote:I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE! I blame DefenceLawyer for that.Oliver, sometimes ago wrote:No u.
Fuck me, you! I mean...Err...
Wait, did you just made a sexual remark or something?

Last edited by Mayu Igiyooki on Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-
DefenceLawyer
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm
Re: (Update 20/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Oliver wrote:Fuck me, you! I mean...Err...
Wait, did you just made a sexual remark or something?
I hope not.. Sexual harassment of Patch is illegal on this post.
It is in the small print of the comic!!
Sig.
-
Cesar Zero
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 715
- Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:06 pm
- Location: Dominican Republic
Re: (Update 20/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Oliver wrote:Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Oliver wrote:I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE! I blame DefenceLawyer for that.Oliver, sometimes ago wrote:No u.
Fuck me, you! I mean...Err...
Signature loading, please wait...
-
DefenceLawyer
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: (Update 21/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
J-Just forget my last post... 

-
DefenceLawyer
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm
Re: (Update 22/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Update folks, but its worth mentioning that there was an issue with my image hosting site (no idea why that it) so the link isn't the same as usual.
I'll fix it when possible.
I'll fix it when possible.
Sig.
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: (Update 22/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
That image in the latest issue...it just looks so funny. And it sounds like Scrappy Doo... And then there's just the anime and... 

-
DefenceLawyer
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm
Re: (Update 22/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Oliver wrote:That image in the latest issue...it just looks so funny. And it sounds like Scrappy Doo... And then there's just the anime and...
Glad you got a chuckle out of it, mate
The trial starts tomorrow. I hope that you all enjoyed my first attempt at a Robert-and-Rachel investigation phase!

Sig.
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: (Update 22/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
DefenceLawyer wrote:Oliver wrote:That image in the latest issue...it just looks so funny. And it sounds like Scrappy Doo... And then there's just the anime and...
Glad you got a chuckle out of it, mate![]()
The trial starts tomorrow. I hope that you all enjoyed my first attempt at a Robert-and-Rachel investigation phase!
Rachel's translator got more screentime than Rachel. 0/10
-
DefenceLawyer
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm
Re: (Update 22/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Oliver wrote:DefenceLawyer wrote:Oliver wrote:That image in the latest issue...it just looks so funny. And it sounds like Scrappy Doo... And then there's just the anime and...
Glad you got a chuckle out of it, mate![]()
The trial starts tomorrow. I hope that you all enjoyed my first attempt at a Robert-and-Rachel investigation phase!
Rachel's translator got more screentime than Rachel. 0/10
I'm just gonna leave this here.
Spoiler:
(Noo.. It is not a bribe..)
Sig.
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: (Update 22/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Is that her new official art? It's beautiful! 

-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: (Update 22/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Try using Imgur or CtrlV.In for image posting. Careful though, if you post on CtrlV.In, you'll need to note down the image link; or you'll lose it forever.
Anyways, time to see the Pizza Woman, Potato Chips and the Javado Brownie in court. Defending some mechanic.
Anyways, time to see the Pizza Woman, Potato Chips and the Javado Brownie in court. Defending some mechanic.

-
Cesar Zero
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 715
- Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:06 pm
- Location: Dominican Republic
Re: (Update 22/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
The investigation was a bit shorter than expected, but I guess that makes sense considering it's the first investigation and it's not in game format. Still, that was very interesting ending...wonder what will happen in the next part. Maybe Civil will have amnesia so that he is "conveniently" unable to explain what's up between him and the prosecutor xD.
Signature loading, please wait...
-
DefenceLawyer
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm
Re: (Update 22/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Patch wrote:Try using Imgur or CtrlV.In for image posting. Careful though, if you post on CtrlV.In, you'll need to note down the image link; or you'll lose it forever.
Decided to go with Imgur!
thanks!cesar26100 wrote:The investigation was a bit shorter than expected, but I guess that makes sense considering it's the first investigation and it's not in game format. Still, that was very interesting ending...wonder what will happen in the next part. Maybe Civil will have amnesia so that he is "conveniently" unable to explain what's up between him and the prosecutor xD.
Sounds like a good idea, but nonetheless, it is just brushed off for the time being
And the first investigation phase of case 3 will be about the same size!
I think that about twenty comics per phase is a solid amount, you see. Its not too long winded as for people to lose interest yet it gives me enough room to tell my tale.
I guess it all depends on the events at the time, I guess.
Double update, folks!
Sig.
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: (Double-Update 23/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Good. If you have an Imgur Acc, you can delete anyone anytime. Otherwise, you can delete only once.
I thought Cesar was like a grumpy grandfather or something, with less sense of humor at all. Weird.
I thought Cesar was like a grumpy grandfather or something, with less sense of humor at all. Weird.

-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: (Double-Update 23/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Good. If you have an Imgur Acc, you can delete anyone anytime. Otherwise, you can delete only once.
I thought Cesar was like a grumpy grandfather or something, with less sense of humor at all. Weird.
He captures children to make comments and then make himself look funny and cool.
I know because he...he...d-did it to me...
-
DefenceLawyer
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm
Re: (Double-Update 23/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
I don't want to add 'do not kidnap children' right under 'do not sexually harass Patch' in the Civil post rules 

Sig.
-
Oliver
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2453
- Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
- Custom Title: Great Revival
- Location: Location
Re: (Double-Update 23/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
DefenceLawyer wrote:I don't want to add 'do not kidnap children' right under 'do not sexually harass Patch' in the Civil post rules
You just want to get rid of me, I understand...
-
Mayu Igiyooki
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2216
- Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
- Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
- Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
- Contact:
Re: (Double-Update 23/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney
Oliver wrote:DefenceLawyer wrote:I don't want to add 'do not kidnap children' right under 'do not sexually harass Patch' in the Civil post rules
You just want to get rid of me, I understand...
Lol Lol.
