(07/07/16 UPDATE) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

For sprite comics (PW-related only)
Post Reply
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Double-Update 23/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:
Oliver wrote:
DefenceLawyer wrote:I don't want to add 'do not kidnap children' right under 'do not sexually harass Patch' in the Civil post rules :basil:

You just want to get rid of me, I understand...

Lol Lol.

No u :gant:
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: (Double-Update 23/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by DefenceLawyer »

Oliver wrote:
DefenceLawyer wrote:I don't want to add 'do not kidnap children' right under 'do not sexually harass Patch' in the Civil post rules :basil:

You just want to get rid of me, I understand...


You amuse us, Oliver.

But at the same time, a lot of rules are needed to make sure that this post isn't flagged by a government agency :basil:

Edit: Also, I just noticed: you're a prosecutor already? It took me three years to become a prosecutor haha
Sig.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Double-Update 23/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

Hey, come on, I can just...get rid of the agency. :edgey:
Cesar Zero
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:06 pm
Location: Dominican Republic

Re: (Double-Update 23/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Cesar Zero »

Oliver wrote:
Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Good. If you have an Imgur Acc, you can delete anyone anytime. Otherwise, you can delete only once.

I thought Cesar was like a grumpy grandfather or something, with less sense of humor at all. Weird.

He captures children to make comments and then make himself look funny and cool.
I know because he...he...d-did it to me...


W-what?! I can't let you both say this kind of stuff...first of all, I am not a grumpy old man, I actually act around 15 despite being so old...besides, I don't kidnap children to make posts, I kidnap all sort of people for all sorts of purposes. And I only kidnapped you because you where going to tell the government about you-know-what...you had to be stopped somehow.

...ok I'll stop now before this gets any more off-topic...anyone remembers what this thread is about?
Signature loading, please wait...
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Update 24/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

Something about barbie dolls, I believe.
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: (Update 24/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by DefenceLawyer »

Some guy with a goatee. Can't remember his name.. Nice bloke. A bit self-entitled..

(Update, folks :basil: Loving the banter.)
Sig.
AJtheprogrammer
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:01 am
Custom Title: Lunackt
Location: anywhere.
Contact:

Re: (Update 24/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by AJtheprogrammer »

I'm in love with this series right now. Listening to music while reading these sprite comics are hell good.
It's funny that Batman makes a cameo in the sprite comics. That's very creative.
If all of them are happy, then I shall be happy too.

The end of nonsense is near.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Update 24/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

AJtheprogrammer wrote:I'm in love with this series right now. Listening to music while reading these sprite comics are hell good.
It's funny that Batman makes a cameo in the sprite comics. That's very creative.

It's not a cameo,
Spoiler: HOLY CRAP! SUPER MEGA SPOILER FOR EVERYTHING EVER IN HISTORY!
Robert Civil is actually Batman.
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: (Update 24/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

I disapprove.
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: (Update 24/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by DefenceLawyer »

AJtheprogrammer wrote:I'm in love with this series right now. Listening to music while reading these sprite comics are hell good.
It's funny that Batman makes a cameo in the sprite comics. That's very creative.


Thanks :will: I'm really glad you're having some fun with them! They're pretty fun to make. Ever since I was a kid, I've always wanted to write mystery stories and this gives me a platform to deliver some mystery to people.

I'm working on case 3 as case 2 is released. I'm only about a fifth of the way through it, but it might be read for when its time to start.

Looks like you're all stuck with me for a little while longer :basil:

Oliver wrote:
Spoiler:
Civil is Batman


HOW DID YOU KNOW?! Well, that is the story I wanted to tell ruined..

Patch wrote:I disapprove.


I DISAPPROVE.... Of.... Your face...

Spoiler:
I take that back. I don't want Patch to hire ceaser to kidnap me.
Sig.
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: (Update 24/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

Patch wrote:I disapprove.


I DISAPPROVE.... Of.... Your face...

Spoiler:
I take that back. I don't want Patch to hire ceaser to kidnap me.


:that-b-word:
Spoiler:
Or even worse, hire Dogen or something.


...Whoa, 1971th Post. I can't believe I made a special post. :gant:
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: (Update 24/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by DefenceLawyer »

Patch wrote:
Patch wrote:I disapprove.


I DISAPPROVE.... Of.... Your face...

Spoiler:
I take that back. I don't want Patch to hire ceaser to kidnap me.


:that-b-word:
Spoiler:
Or even worse, hire Dogen or something.


...Whoa, 1971th Post. I can't believe I made a special post. :gant:


Spoiler:
I never understood how a blind assassin works...


Congrats, Patch! I'm still trying to become an Ace Attorney. Have been trying since 2009 :basil:
Sig.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Update 24/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

DefenceLawyer wrote:
Oliver wrote:
Spoiler:
Civil is Batman


HOW DID YOU KNOW?! Well, that is the story I wanted to tell ruined..

Oh crap! I'm sorry... :sadshoe:
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: (Update 26/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by DefenceLawyer »

We have ourselves another update, folks!

Been pretty good with these daily updates so far...

Let's try and keep that up :basil:
Sig.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Update 26/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

Holy crud, I'm dumb...
I only just noticed that his name is Gatewater :bellboy:
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: (Update 26/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by DefenceLawyer »

Oliver wrote:Holy crud, I'm dumb...
I only just noticed that his name is Gatewater :bellboy:


*puts head in hands*

It's addressed in case 3, where we will be spending quite a bit of time in the Gatewater hotel! :bellboy:

(Spoilers!)
Sig.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Update 26/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

DefenceLawyer wrote:
Oliver wrote:Holy crud, I'm dumb...
I only just noticed that his name is Gatewater :bellboy:


*puts head in hands*

It's addressed in case 3, where we will be spending quite a bit of time in the Gatewater hotel! :bellboy:

(Spoilers!)

If the bellboy doesn't appear you will DIE
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: (Update 26/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by DefenceLawyer »

Oliver wrote:
DefenceLawyer wrote:
Oliver wrote:Holy crud, I'm dumb...
I only just noticed that his name is Gatewater :bellboy:


*puts head in hands*

It's addressed in case 3, where we will be spending quite a bit of time in the Gatewater hotel! :bellboy:

(Spoilers!)

If the bellboy doesn't appear you will DIE


I'm seeing what I can do. Right now its difficult, but I'm trying to switch some things around.

Civil may just meet the bellboy... Which would make him the first AA crossover character! (Since the judge and Payne don't count.)
Sig.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Update 26/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

At least you remembered they don't count.
The bellboy is the sexiest character in AA
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: (Update 26/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

Thought you wouldn't update. It was 4:00 AM here and you still haven't. Usually, you do it within then.
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: (Update 26/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by DefenceLawyer »

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Thought you wouldn't update. It was 4:00 AM here and you still haven't. Usually, you do it within then.


It was a Friday night! :basil: I'm usually back home by midnight, but didn't get back till past one/two AM last night.

When I get back to uni in a week or so, the updates will be a lot more sporadic.

I'm going to try and stick to the daily schedule, but that day's comic may not go up till later on the next day.

Hopefully the change won't be too noticeable and will be easy to adjust to :will:

We've still got
Spoiler: Don't read if you don't want to know how many comics are left of this case
47 days
left of this case, after all!
Sig.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Update 26/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

It's Friday over there? Heh...
I know what you were doing on the night of the crime which is updating the comic later than usual...
Image
(Up to this point I've been bluffing...
But now I can crack out that one piece of evidence conjecture!)

You had to have been...
>Playing Soccer
>Going to a petting zoo
>Partying
Image
Clearly you were partying!
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: (Update 26/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by DefenceLawyer »

Oliver wrote:It's Friday over there? Heh...
I know what you were doing on the night of the crime which is updating the comic later than usual...
Image
(Up to this point I've been bluffing...
But now I can crack out that one piece of evidence conjecture!)

You had to have been...
>Playing Soccer
>Going to a petting zoo
>Partying
Image
Clearly you were partying!


Image
You made an error, Mr Phoenix Wright!

Image
Granted, there was partying...

Image
But you failed to realise that it was a party... In a petting zoo.

Image
AND IT IS CALLED "FOOTBALL" NOT "SOCCER." FOOLISH FOOL.
Sig.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Update 26/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

Image
W-W-WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!
Image
(Aha! I've got it...)
Prosecutor von Karma...
Image
You were spending time with the defendant, and therefore!
YOU ARE AN ACCOMPLICE!
Image
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: (Update 26/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by DefenceLawyer »

Image
WHAT IS THIS? MY DAUGHTER WAS OUT LATE WITH A SPRITE-COMIC MAKER AND ALCOHOL?!

Image
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

Image
On account of Miss VonKarma being tazered to death, the court rules Defence Lawyer...

GUILTY
Sig.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Update 26/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

*confetti starts falling*
Image
Eheh...it actually worked!

Well that was fun. :yogi:
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: (Update 27/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by DefenceLawyer »

I think that should be made into an extra :acro: haha

Update, folks!
Sig.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Update 27/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

DefenceLawyer wrote:I think that should be made into an extra :acro: haha

Update, folks!

Oh that'd be glorious.
Take a picture of yourself, make it into a sprite, and we're all set.
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: (Update 27/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

Alright, this one had some problems. First of all, a grammaritical error at the third strip of the comic. It should've been "part and parcel of this case". Sorry, my inner Grammar Nazi couldn't stop.

Next is the 15th strip of this comic. "We ran his fingerprints"? Is it even possible for one to run in a fingerprint? That's extremely impossible. Again, another Grammar Mistake. You really should perform a spell check or revise the comic once after you finished making.

It would've been better if the sentence was like "We ran through his fingerprints." Yes, that's better. AAI references lol.

Sorry. I wasn't completely amused. Today had errors. Two, actually. Pardon me for suddenly 'judging' your comic. I meant to write a review of today's comic. And I did...

-Patchy
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Update 27/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

It's not judging, it's simply criticism. And you will get a suitable punishment for it.
*readies fire*
Anywho, I suppose I may as well join in on criticizing today's issue.
It would sound better if you said "Because he didn't appear in our database, we can assume he's an illegal immigrant" instead of "He didn't appear on any of our databases, so we can presume he's an illegal immigrant"
And I think it'd sound better if you said "The defendant killed him" instead of "The suspect killed him"
And the part about the victim having no identification might sound better if it were, "We were unable to find anything to identify the victim"
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: (Update 27/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by DefenceLawyer »

Patchouli Knowledge wrote:Alright, this one had some problems. First of all, a grammaritical error at the third strip of the comic. It should've been "part and parcel of this case". Sorry, my inner Grammar Nazi couldn't stop.

Next is the 15th strip of this comic. "We ran his fingerprints"? Is it even possible for one to run in a fingerprint? That's extremely impossible. Again, another Grammar Mistake. You really should perform a spell check or revise the comic once after you finished making.

It would've been better if the sentence was like "We ran through his fingerprints." Yes, that's better. AAI references lol.

Sorry. I wasn't completely amused. Today had errors. Two, actually. Pardon me for suddenly 'judging' your comic. I meant to write a review of today's comic. And I did...

-Patchy


Oliver wrote:It's not judging, it's simply criticism. And you will get a suitable punishment for it.
*readies fire*
Anywho, I suppose I may as well join in on criticizing today's issue.
It would sound better if you said "Because he didn't appear in our database, we can assume he's an illegal immigrant" instead of "He didn't appear on any of our databases, so we can presume he's an illegal immigrant"
And I think it'd sound better if you said "The defendant killed him" instead of "The suspect killed him"
And the part about the victim having no identification might sound better if it were, "We were unable to find anything to identify the victim"


Let's play the "guess who was half asleep" game! :basil:

Thanks guys, I am opening the file now and will run over it :will:
Sig.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Update 27/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

How dare you get tired? This is INEXCUSABLE!
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: (Update 27/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by DefenceLawyer »

Oliver wrote:How dare you get tired? This is INEXCUSABLE!


Oliver, I am NOT going on trial again! :basil: *whispers* Franny, grab the whip. I have a court case coming up next month...

I've fixed it and put a new version up. There was another grammatical error in terms of a misplaced 'that' and some other things which didn't feel right as well.

I appreciate you guys pointing the bits and pieces out, as I'm only human at the end of the day. Sometimes the comic will be lazily put together to meet the daily update, especially if I am exhausted, but I'll always strive to do my best.

I guess the rest of you guys have Patch and Oliver to thank for picking up my slack today :basil:

Thanks again guys!
Sig.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Update 27/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

This is excellent...I'm getting credit for something my robot did!
And you're welcome. I'll be seeing you in court next week. *bows*
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: (Update 27/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by DefenceLawyer »

In fact, as a way of apology, I have an extra for you guys.

It's a bit of a weird one, but I thought that you guys might enjoy it.

Go check the first page! :will:
Sig.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Extra-Update 27/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

W-What was that...?
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: (Extra-Update 27/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by DefenceLawyer »

Oliver wrote:W-What was that...?


I went for weird and trippy.

I tried to do an extra with Civil's mother, but whilst I was making the sprite, I used Victoria's as a placeholder.

Seeing Victoria speak as Civil's mother made me chuckle, so.. This weird thing was born :basil:
Sig.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Extra-Update 27/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

DefenceLawyer wrote:
Oliver wrote:W-What was that...?


I went for weird and trippy.

I tried to do an extra with Civil's mother, but whilst I was making the sprite, I used Victoria's as a placeholder.

Seeing Victoria speak as Civil's mother made me chuckle, so.. This weird thing was born :basil:

...Where's the extra of your trial?
DefenceLawyer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1014
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:30 pm

Re: (Extra-Update 27/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by DefenceLawyer »

Oliver wrote:
DefenceLawyer wrote:
Oliver wrote:W-What was that...?


I went for weird and trippy.

I tried to do an extra with Civil's mother, but whilst I was making the sprite, I used Victoria's as a placeholder.

Seeing Victoria speak as Civil's mother made me chuckle, so.. This weird thing was born :basil:

...Where's the extra of your trial?


It'll happen eventually.
Sig.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: (Extra-Update 27/09/15) Robert Civil: Ace Attorney

Post by Oliver »

Eventually? EVENTUALLY?! Unacceptable. :edgeworth:
Post Reply