The Final Fantasy franchise
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
I was more making a joke how every time I see Gabranth in Dissidia, it's always that full on metal suit of armor where I can't see if he has any hair...
C-A
C-A


-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Awww Cat c'mon, don't live up to stereotypes...CatMuto wrote:I was more making a joke how every time I see Gabranth in Dissidia, it's always that full on metal suit of armor where I can't see if he has any hair...
C-A
Be a German with a GOOD sense of humour.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Considering I'm half-German and I am known for having a very bizzare sense of humor, I ain' living up to any stereotype.
C-A
C-A


-
Anthony
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 am
- Custom Title: d
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Spoiler: LOVELESS
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
-
Anthony
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 am
- Custom Title: d
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Why do you hate it?
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
As I said, it's total crap. Also, it's a bit difficult to not either get sick and tired of this poem or at least begin to hate it when you play Crisis Core and every one of Genesis' damn appearance is preceeded (and ends, usually!) on him reciting this poem over and over.Anthony wrote:Why do you hate it?
C-A


-
tiger_festival
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1706
- Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm
- Custom Title: I've felt worse.
- Location: I'm at soup.
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Wait wait wait. The fan translation kept "bomb ring"? Even the SNES version kept it ambiguous by calling it "Package", and later translations used "Carnelian Signet", but the item was originally called "bomb ring"?CatMuto wrote:I only recorded the first part up to now, just after the events after the Mist Cave. (Come on... BOMB ring... put it together)


"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Well only two videos in and I'm already stuck in the dumb water cave thingy. And random battles KEEP INCONSISTENTLY INTERRUPTING my exploration of trying to find where the damn eight-beast is. (Whether it has 8 legs or 8 heads or what not) ARGH! I need that stupid code, I can't stand playing this game with random encounters...
edit
I found a code that stops random battles. Joy!
C-A
edit
I found a code that stops random battles. Joy!
C-A


-
dullahan1
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6664
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm
- Custom Title: Do you see the black one...or the white?
- Location: IN SPACE!
- Contact:
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
You're playing FFIV? I really don't recall the dungeons being real difficult, though I've played the game a lot so that's probably why. As for the encounter rate, I don't think it's really TOO bad. FF2, I feel, had the worst encounter rate in the series. Every. Few. Steps.CatMuto wrote:Well only two videos in and I'm already stuck in the dumb water cave thingy. And random battles KEEP INCONSISTENTLY INTERRUPTING my exploration of trying to find where the damn eight-beast is. (Whether it has 8 legs or 8 heads or what not) ARGH! I need that stupid code, I can't stand playing this game with random encounters...
edit
I found a code that stops random battles. Joy!
C-A
If you're where I think you are, the dungeon is pretty straight forward. The only dungeon in FF4 that I think would give people a rough time would be the last one, considering all the secret passages you have to take and the higher encounter rate with cheap enemies.
By the way, what version are you playing?
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:I feel the samePierre wrote:Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Easytype on the Super Nintendo. And I found the problem. Apparently when the game tells me "just below this giant waterfall", it means I have to go up, to the overworld and through the other door to where the waterfall is. And not go... well, DOWN where I guess the term would indicate in terms of direction.
So I got past that and just saved Rosa. Joy.
C-A
So I got past that and just saved Rosa. Joy.
C-A


-
dullahan1
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6664
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm
- Custom Title: Do you see the black one...or the white?
- Location: IN SPACE!
- Contact:
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Ah... yeah. The SNES translation is pretty bad.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:I feel the samePierre wrote:Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)
-
Anthony
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 am
- Custom Title: d
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
I like the DS version because of the VAs 
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Well this seems more a fan translation than an official one. (I play IV and not II, you silly Americans. Stupid non-localizing idiots.)dullahan1 wrote:Ah... yeah. The SNES translation is pretty bad.
I know that whoever voices Japanese Cecil does a good job, I mean I know him from Dissidia although I can't remember his name right now. But it lags too much on my PC. And hell will I play with English voices. Liam O'Brien already pissed me the fuck off as Kain in Dissidia 012, his voices bugs me as Caius in XIII-2 and LR, I will not listen to him anymore in IV.I like the DS version because of the VAs
C-A


-
dullahan1
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6664
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm
- Custom Title: Do you see the black one...or the white?
- Location: IN SPACE!
- Contact:
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Well, I will say in America's defense, they did have a whole translation of FFII ready to go, but by then, the NES was pretty much all forgotten. I think they went the whole FFII and FFIII route for the SNES because they didn't want people wondering what happened to FF2, FF3, and FF5. Granted, it still confused a lot of people I'm sure when FF7 came out. I suppose Nintendo just didn't want to explain the missing games to us Amercians and gave that burden to Sony instead.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:I feel the samePierre wrote:Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Gilbert SUCKS! He's a total pansy and fails as a damn party member and sucks and... Goddammit, because of him I died! Why did you guys not leave him in damn Fabul!? Why did you have to go back because Mr Pansy Bard here fucking tripped over his own goddamn legs, huh? He was already a damn corpse at the time...!
C-A
C-A


-
Anthony
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 am
- Custom Title: d
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
But he is the voice of Gaara in Naruto and the voice of Ukitake in Bleach o.oCatMuto wrote: I know that whoever voices Japanese Cecil does a good job, I mean I know him from Dissidia although I can't remember his name right now. But it lags too much on my PC. And hell will I play with English voices. Liam O'Brien already pissed me the fuck off as Kain in Dissidia 012, his voices bugs me as Caius in XIII-2 and LR, I will not listen to him anymore in IV.
C-A
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
#1 - I don't watch either of those, especially not in English.Anthony wrote:But he is the voice of Gaara in Naruto and the voice of Ukitake in Bleach o.oCatMuto wrote: I know that whoever voices Japanese Cecil does a good job, I mean I know him from Dissidia although I can't remember his name right now. But it lags too much on my PC. And hell will I play with English voices. Liam O'Brien already pissed me the fuck off as Kain in Dissidia 012, his voices bugs me as Caius in XIII-2 and LR, I will not listen to him anymore in IV.
C-A
#2 - I still hate his fucking voice.
C-A


-
tiger_festival
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1706
- Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm
- Custom Title: I've felt worse.
- Location: I'm at soup.
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Yeah, that was the majority reaction to Gilbert. Hell, for a while the Quirky Bard trope was known as Spoony Bard, just because he was that useless. He got somewhat better in later versions of FF4, and in the GBA version, he could become quite a force to be reckoned with during the end-game (spoilers behind this link). Supposedly, he gets a lot better in The After Years, but I haven't even touched that in a while.CatMuto wrote:Gilbert SUCKS! He's a total pansy and fails as a damn party member and sucks and... Goddammit, because of him I died! Why did you guys not leave him in damn Fabul!? Why did you have to go back because Mr Pansy Bard here fucking tripped over his own goddamn legs, huh? He was already a damn corpse at the time...!
C-A

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
I don't care. I want him to die... and now I gotta redo everything from the last savestate cause that I had to rescue that asshole and got killed. Fucking whimp. He shoulda died instead of Anna. She has pink hair, and as I've learned over various games and anime Pink Hair = Strong. She has the balls that Gilly lacks.
C-A
C-A


-
tiger_festival
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1706
- Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm
- Custom Title: I've felt worse.
- Location: I'm at soup.
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Just do what I did.
Step 1: Click this link.
Step 2: Click on 2:12.
Step 3: It's your life, why am I telling you what to do?
--
You know, I'm 50+ hours into FF12, and I think Vaan just summed up his entire character in one line.
Step 1: Click this link.
Step 2: Click on 2:12.
--
You know, I'm 50+ hours into FF12, and I think Vaan just summed up his entire character in one line.
Spoiler:

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Yeah I heard it was originally meant to be Ashe and Basch that led the game but when Japan cried out for a young male pretty boy hero Vaan answered.
Also by Gilbert I assume you mean Edward? He isn't great but they realised at least and tried to buff him. His ability to use an item on the whole party is pretty sweet.
Also by Gilbert I assume you mean Edward? He isn't great but they realised at least and tried to buff him. His ability to use an item on the whole party is pretty sweet.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
Anthony
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 am
- Custom Title: d
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
"Pray
Saviour
Dream
Child of Prayer
Forever and ever
Bring us peace"
Hymn Of Fayth english translation.
Saviour
Dream
Child of Prayer
Forever and ever
Bring us peace"
Hymn Of Fayth english translation.
-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Thanks Anthony I'd always been kind of curious about it.Anthony wrote:"Pray
Saviour
Dream
Child of Prayer
Forever and ever
Bring us peace"
Hymn Of Fayth english translation.
Though I think it's disappointing the lyrics turned out to be kinda plain.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
dullahan1
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6664
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm
- Custom Title: Do you see the black one...or the white?
- Location: IN SPACE!
- Contact:
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
What's funny is in FFIV remakes where you can use any character in the late game, Edward becomes a lethal joke character.
All in all though, he is pretty terrible. My favorite part in the game is when Cecil slaps him and even little Rydia who lost everything shows more backbone than him. Edward bashing is fun.
I do find he's quite better in The After Years as far as his characterization goes, but that game's not as good as FFIV...
All in all though, he is pretty terrible. My favorite part in the game is when Cecil slaps him and even little Rydia who lost everything shows more backbone than him. Edward bashing is fun.
I do find he's quite better in The After Years as far as his characterization goes, but that game's not as good as FFIV...
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:I feel the samePierre wrote:Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)
-
Anthony
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 am
- Custom Title: d
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
I think The Al Bhed did the song as well right before they blow up Home.
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Yes Edward. No idea what's with this name change.Pierre wrote:Yeah I heard it was originally meant to be Ashe and Basch that led the game but when Japan cried out for a young male pretty boy hero Vaan answered.
Also by Gilbert I assume you mean Edward? He isn't great but they realised at least and tried to buff him. His ability to use an item on the whole party is pretty sweet.
Also, why the hell COULDN'T they keep Asche as the main character? So she's a chick, so freaking what? She's still hot. And wears a miniskirt. Isn't that already two big necessities for being a female main character? Why would Japan bitch about that? She's freaking hot.
I personally found it more fun to check the Japanese lyrics, then read them from Top to Bottom.Hymn Of Fayth english translation.
Yes they did. And Wakka was a total asshole about it, calling blasphemous.I think The Al Bhed did the song as well right before they blow up Home.
What a GREAT character he was, wasn't he?
C-A


-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
R-Really? Seems a little shallow for me I'd hope Square would realise folks are trying to move past that and have respectable female characters for their own merits.Also, why the hell COULDN'T they keep Asche as the main character? So she's a chick, so freaking what? She's still hot. And wears a miniskirt. Isn't that already two big necessities for being a female main character? Why would Japan bitch about that? She's freaking hot.
Also even if it is Asch I'd say she's still sort of boring. Though don't get it wrong, she is basically the main character for all Vaan actually does in the game compared to what she does. Same way that FFX is basically Yuna's story but as it's told from Tidus' perspective he's the main character.
Yes they did. And Wakka was a total asshole about it, calling blasphemous.
What a GREAT character he was, wasn't he?![]()
Then Rikku snapped at him and he felt all bad about it. I figure heathens or not seeing your home blown up in front of you is enough to make him feel sympathetic towards the Al Bhed.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
FF IV lied to me. That battle against Dark Knight Cecile as Paladin Cecil (which, in my opinion, happens so early on, it kinda feels like it's lacking the impact it's supposed to have), I keep getting told "If you're a real Paladin, you'll sheathe your sword and take it" and while I did talk about how that somehow makes no sense, I decided why not give it a try and do as a videogame tells me to.
Game Over.
Last time I listen to a videogame telling me anything...
C-A
Game Over.
Last time I listen to a videogame telling me anything...
C-A


-
tiger_festival
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1706
- Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm
- Custom Title: I've felt worse.
- Location: I'm at soup.
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Did you try defending? Because you were supposed to defend. Not wait. Basically, you defend as the Dark Knight consumes its own HP using Darkness.CatMuto wrote:FF IV lied to me. That battle against Dark Knight Cecile as Paladin Cecil (which, in my opinion, happens so early on, it kinda feels like it's lacking the impact it's supposed to have), I keep getting told "If you're a real Paladin, you'll sheathe your sword and take it" and while I did talk about how that somehow makes no sense, I decided why not give it a try and do as a videogame tells me to.
Game Over.
Last time I listen to a videogame telling me anything...
C-A

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
I was told the same thing by my husband about 10 minutes ago. Wouldn't it be easier to just hit Dark Knight anyway?
C-A
C-A


-
Anthony
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 am
- Custom Title: d
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Nope if you attack it its gonna be a game over or you are in for one HELL of a battle.
-
tiger_festival
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1706
- Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm
- Custom Title: I've felt worse.
- Location: I'm at soup.
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
CatMuto wrote:I was told the same thing by my husband about 10 minutes ago. Wouldn't it be easier to just hit Dark Knight anyway?
C-A
Spoiler: Short answer

"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Ugh. Boring. And stupid. Especially if I'm told stuff like how I'm supposed to cast my past away, end it myself and what not, I'd expect it means "STAB YOUR PAST SELF REPEATEDLY!"
C-A
C-A


-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Further symbolism: As to why not attacking wouldn't work. A knight's duty isn't inaction, it's to protect and defend that which is important.sumguy28 wrote:CatMuto wrote:I was told the same thing by my husband about 10 minutes ago. Wouldn't it be easier to just hit Dark Knight anyway?
C-ALonger answer, the Dark Knight dying from his own Darkness is a representation of what would have become of Cecil had he chose not to become a Paladin.Spoiler: Short answer
Man I don't think I've heard of anyone failing that battle
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
dullahan1
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6664
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm
- Custom Title: Do you see the black one...or the white?
- Location: IN SPACE!
- Contact:
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
My first playthrough of FFIV, I did go in attacking Dark Cecil. I didn't pay attention to the defending dialogue at the time. I somehow won, but it took an eternity. Second playthrough when I figured out that I just needed to defend and the battle was only about 2 minutes, if that, I was there slapping myself for how dumb I was my first playthrough.
But yeah, the battle isn't mean to be won by attacking. If you somehow get lucky and can manage to survive that route though, it'll take forever. It's probably the easiest battle in FFIV outside the scripted battles and the ones in the beginning. Just defend and heal.
But yeah, the battle isn't mean to be won by attacking. If you somehow get lucky and can manage to survive that route though, it'll take forever. It's probably the easiest battle in FFIV outside the scripted battles and the ones in the beginning. Just defend and heal.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:I feel the samePierre wrote:Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)
-
Anthony
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 am
- Custom Title: d
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
I would use cheats.... not like the INF HP and INF MP. I mean like Item cheats for like Blue fang White fang and Red fang because I like those 3 items. xD
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
You guuys... Palum and Polum.... Guuuuys.... that's so emotionallllll.....
C-A
C-A


-
Rubia Ryu the Royal
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6180
- Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
- Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
- Location: LA, Japanifornia
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Whew, finally got a chance to return to my FF7 challenge run. I've now added the Lv1 Materia rule to the list and while my levels aren't the lowest they could be, I'm still doing a low-level run anyway. Most of the monsters at Mt. Corel and the Gold Saucer area can kill me no matter what I do. The hunt for Hi-Potions has never been more frustrating. And thanks to the Jenova battle earlier, I'm running very low on Phoenix Downs. In hindsight, I probably could have pulled that battle off better, but it would have taken me quite some resets before I could get the ideal setup.
No, forget that. I'm still pissed off at the Speed Square coaster. It took me ages to get it down, and I still had to resort to save states and slow motion to pull off a score over 5000. One thing I realized, though, is that the Jap ver actually allows the Zeppelin blimp propellers to be targetable. I was able to snatch up an extra several hundred points in a split second of holding down my laser. I just stink at all these mini-games.
Thinking about it, is anyone interested in a list of mistranslations from this game and their more accurate meanings? I can think of a few instances from the top of my head already so far.
Edit: Oh, yeah. Poor Dyne. In his last ditch effort to fire off a Molotov Cocktail at his source of frustrations before his final collapse, Barret dodges it. Not to mention, this wasn't his only dodge during the battle. Yeesh, that never happened in my previous regular runs where I was at a much higher level.
Edit 2: Acquired all Enemy Skills up to first visit to Gongaga. Since I'm so low-leveled, Beta was a nightmare to fetch. I could have gotten Big Guard beforehand, but that would have taken extra re-routing I didn't need. Besides, Lunatic High, some lucky Dice strikes, and a little cautious play was all that was needed. As for Aqualung, there's no other way around it besides using Big Guard, but it became so easy to get as a result.
I decided to add a note to the "No Purchases" rule: Gold Saucer activities do not count, as the Chocobo races are the only other way for me to acquire Hero Drinks, and everything else gives items I won't need or use. However, I may eventually need to make an exception for Chocobo breeding, if I'm ever going to have a need for any of those special cave materia. For now, though, I'm avoiding Chocobos altogether.
No, forget that. I'm still pissed off at the Speed Square coaster. It took me ages to get it down, and I still had to resort to save states and slow motion to pull off a score over 5000. One thing I realized, though, is that the Jap ver actually allows the Zeppelin blimp propellers to be targetable. I was able to snatch up an extra several hundred points in a split second of holding down my laser. I just stink at all these mini-games.
Thinking about it, is anyone interested in a list of mistranslations from this game and their more accurate meanings? I can think of a few instances from the top of my head already so far.
Edit: Oh, yeah. Poor Dyne. In his last ditch effort to fire off a Molotov Cocktail at his source of frustrations before his final collapse, Barret dodges it. Not to mention, this wasn't his only dodge during the battle. Yeesh, that never happened in my previous regular runs where I was at a much higher level.
Edit 2: Acquired all Enemy Skills up to first visit to Gongaga. Since I'm so low-leveled, Beta was a nightmare to fetch. I could have gotten Big Guard beforehand, but that would have taken extra re-routing I didn't need. Besides, Lunatic High, some lucky Dice strikes, and a little cautious play was all that was needed. As for Aqualung, there's no other way around it besides using Big Guard, but it became so easy to get as a result.
I decided to add a note to the "No Purchases" rule: Gold Saucer activities do not count, as the Chocobo races are the only other way for me to acquire Hero Drinks, and everything else gives items I won't need or use. However, I may eventually need to make an exception for Chocobo breeding, if I'm ever going to have a need for any of those special cave materia. For now, though, I'm avoiding Chocobos altogether.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.
AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
-
CatMuto
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 9918
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm
Re: The Final Fantasy franchise
Okay, so, I'm reading VGR's own recap of IV Easytype (yes, sumguy, I am, it's what I do) - and I actually learn things about the game! I had no freaking clue why Tellah had a Remember option in his menu during battle and he only used Fire or so when I used it. Oh! Turns out this comes from the actual/first version of the game where he had spells but "forgot" them and wasn't able to use them unless he used Remember (or Recall) which used a random one.
THANKS for keeping that stupid option in the game, Square. What, removing the spells to begin with is A-Okay, I have nothing against that, but taking out the remember option is just too much work?
Also, learned that Gilbert/Edward's freaking Medicine ability is basically taking one of "my" potions and using it on the whole party. Hence it didn't work at times for me. Good freaking job, Gilly. Sure you might say one tiny, cheap potion healing the entire party is actually good as long as you have stock... I would agree to that if the healing didn't seem to SUCK in this game.
Cure 4 barely heals 300ish HP per person if I use it on everyone. Considering this is Cure FOUR, one step above Cure 3, which I knew in the earlier FF games to be the top so it generally healed 600ish HP or so, if not healed 999 HP per person on party use, seems kinda pointless.
C-A
PS: Yes, Tellah died. I still think that scene had more of an emotional impact on me than Aerith's death.
THANKS for keeping that stupid option in the game, Square. What, removing the spells to begin with is A-Okay, I have nothing against that, but taking out the remember option is just too much work?
Also, learned that Gilbert/Edward's freaking Medicine ability is basically taking one of "my" potions and using it on the whole party. Hence it didn't work at times for me. Good freaking job, Gilly. Sure you might say one tiny, cheap potion healing the entire party is actually good as long as you have stock... I would agree to that if the healing didn't seem to SUCK in this game.
Cure 4 barely heals 300ish HP per person if I use it on everyone. Considering this is Cure FOUR, one step above Cure 3, which I knew in the earlier FF games to be the top so it generally healed 600ish HP or so, if not healed 999 HP per person on party use, seems kinda pointless.
C-A
PS: Yes, Tellah died. I still think that scene had more of an emotional impact on me than Aerith's death.



