Page 2 of 8
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:55 am
by Pandora2191
Oh yes, Oldbag was REALLY annoying too.
I mean, seriously, APPEARING IN TWO CASES?!?! One is fine enough, thank you.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:16 am
by Essa_L_M.E
Lance Amano and at first Rhoda. I grew to like her at the end.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:25 am
by PhoenixFlower16
Personally, I thought Miss Cammy Meele was really really annoying...
At first, I really didn't like Rhoda but she turned out okay.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:51 pm
by klzzzp
At first, I kinda liked Kay, but I grew to hate her. A lot.
Her quirks were bearable in the 3rd case, but in the 5th, it almost felt like her entire script was made of:
"I saw a suspicious person enter here!"
"I'm the Yatagarasu!"
"Let's catch Yew!"
And at Yew's arrest... ugh. Once you find she did it my thoughts were:
"Well, I saw this coming. Wait... LANG TAKE HER DOWN! Kay's talking... why are you walking towards her?! Remember what happened last time? TAKE HER DOWN - oh, good job Kay. Now you're going to die."
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:03 pm
by Cravat of Doom
klzzzp wrote:At first, I kinda liked Kay, but I grew to hate her. A lot.
Her quirks were bearable in the 3rd case, but in the 5th, it almost felt like her entire script was made of:
"I saw a suspicious person enter here!"
"I'm the Yatagarasu!"
"Let's catch Yew!"
THIS. Gah, I hated that character. Such a freaking annoyance. But I suppose that's what you get after recycling the same character type four times. It's like a dog throwing up a good character, eating it again, and doing that three more times. The result is Kay Faraday. I just have her in my signature because she looks cool.
Mike Meekins. I've always hated him, and his appearance in Apollo Justice made me want to scream. But seeing him
again in AAI really pissed me off.
Rhoda was alright, but she was overshadowed by Cammy. Portsman was forgettable.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:14 am
by jahzara777
Calisto Yew- mainly for her laugh
Oldbag- Twice in the same game it was a nightmare. When I met her in PW:AA I thought
I hope I don't see her again then in PW:JFA I was like
No why won't you die 
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:49 am
by Coffee Prosecutor
HOW could I forget Meekins
He was plain GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Period
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:03 am
by Optimus Prime
I'm going with Oldbag, too.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:39 pm
by Steel Samurai
Cravat of Doom wrote:klzzzp wrote:At first, I kinda liked Kay, but I grew to hate her. A lot.
Her quirks were bearable in the 3rd case, but in the 5th, it almost felt like her entire script was made of:
"I saw a suspicious person enter here!"
"I'm the Yatagarasu!"
"Let's catch Yew!"
THIS. Gah, I hated that character. Such a freaking annoyance. But I suppose that's what you get after recycling the same character type four times. It's like a dog throwing up a good character, eating it again, and doing that three more times. The result is Kay Faraday. I just have her in my signature because she looks cool.
Exactly, why couldn't they bear with Gumshoe and Franziska?
-SS
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:31 am
by Essa_L_M.E
I guess I've never really likes Meekins. He was pretty annoying in the games he's in but I can deal. He got really annoying in AAI but I don't think I can ever really hate him, y'know? He's cute. XDD
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:10 pm
by K. Riley
Portsman and his jacket. SERIOUSLY.
Also, Cammy and Lance.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:47 pm
by Primal
I don't think any character in the game annoyed me, not even the antagonists. Although I was kind of annoyed that Yew was also Shih-na. :< I was hoping they were seperate people, although that moment when Shih-na started laughing was funny. I also thought that when she broke-down, it was neat. :O She made this laugh that was saturated with the spirit of Lang<sharp teeth, and all that other stuff. She must have been around Lang for many years to have gotten those traits.>
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:35 pm
by Denn1s
Both Amano's and definately Lauren Paups. She was even worse than huge earlobes and Jacques 'I can put my jacket on 5 times in 1 second' Portsman.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:28 am
by Franziska's Whip
I really did NOT like Kay. I'm sick of the whole "energetic teenager" sidekick, they don't have to be carbon copies of each other to be interesting assistants. Plus her sprites pissed me off for some reason. I think it was that smiling sprite, she just looks so dumb. :/
Also: ALBA. I was trying to finish the game before I went to bed because it was like three and it kept going ON AND ON AND ON. Just let me finish the damn game, Jesus.
And I hated Lang at first, but he made up for it in the last case so I like him now :3
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:04 am
by OriginalBubs
Franziska's Whip wrote:I really did NOT like Kay. I'm sick of the whole "energetic teenager" sidekick, they don't have to be carbon copies of each other to be interesting assistants. Plus her sprites pissed me off for some reason. I think it was that smiling sprite, she just looks so dumb. :/
Also: ALBA. I was trying to finish the game before I went to bed because it was like three and it kept going ON AND ON AND ON. Just let me finish the damn game, Jesus.
And I hated Lang at first, but he made up for it in the last case so I like him now :3
Seconded. All of it.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:11 am
by Icarus
If Kay was a straight-up Maya clone, she would have been a bit boring (cause she'd be, like, the third one), but she wouldn't be terrible.
The problem is that while Maya has a semblance of maturity, Kay doesn't. Yeah, lots of crappy things happen to Maya, but none of them are really her fault (being kidnapped, being framed for murder, almost being murdered), those are all stuff that other people did to her. When crappy things happen to Kay, it's usually because Kay was an idiot and did something really boneheaded, like running after a known murderer into a burning building or loudly announce that she loves stealing things in front of Interpol agents and prosecutors.
Also, Kay should be prosecuted for stealing Gumshoe's screen time.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:14 am
by Franziska's Whip
Icarus wrote:If Kay was a straight-up Maya clone, she would have been a bit boring (cause she'd be, like, the third one), but she wouldn't be terrible.
The problem is that while Maya has a semblance of maturity, Kay doesn't. Yeah, lots of crappy things happen to Maya, but none of them are really her fault (being kidnapped, being framed for murder, almost being murdered), those are all stuff that other people did to her. When crappy things happen to Kay, it's usually because Kay was an idiot and did something really boneheaded, like running after a known murderer into a burning building or loudly announce that she loves stealing things in front of Interpol agents and prosecutors.
Also, Kay should be prosecuted for stealing Gumshoe's screen time.
Agreed. Kay is a reckless idiot, no doubt about it. Why do you look so surprised that you have a gun held to your head? You ran straight towards her knowing she was a remorseless murderer, didn't you?
Yeah, that's another thing that bothered me. She's onscreen for like half the game once you meet her. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU AND HOW MUCH YOU HATE YEW. GIVE ME MORE GUMSHOE, DAMMIT.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:41 pm
by GyaKuten
Why does everyone hate Oldbag!?
I like her! She's funny and I had to LOL how Edgeworth reacts when he saw her!
I was kinda disappointed that she didn't use her

The only person I really hated was

!!!
In my opinion he's just annoying, in AA, in T&T and in AAI!
... But after all, it's my opinion.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:25 pm
by jahzara777
GyaKuten wrote:Why does everyone hate Oldbag!?
I like her! She's funny and I had to LOL how Edgeworth reacts when he saw her!
I was kinda disappointed that she didn't use her

The only person I really hated was

!!!
In my opinion he's just annoying, in AA, in T&T and in AAI!
... But after all, it's my opinion.
No she isn't funny... she is annoy as hell and obsessed with Edgeworth when it's obvious he hates her and wish she gets lock up in insane asylum and toss the key. I agree Larry could be annoy but at least he doesn't talk a million words per second and is freaking stalker.

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:20 pm
by becky88888

- OMG when that proto badger came out of the passage way I was flipped out!
oh, and Yew sounds like a guy...

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:46 am
by theprosecutor
offecior meekins was really anoying,also so was larry and old bag.why out of all the chars did they bring back these ones XD
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:35 am
by LovelyLarxene
becky88888 wrote:oh, and Yew sounds like a guy...

YES!! *jumps for joy* I'm not the only one who thinks that!!

theprosecutor wrote:offecior meekins was really anoying,also so was larry and old bag.why out of all the chars did they bring back these ones XD
Larry I didn't really mind, seeing as he is an old friend of Edgey's, but otherwise I agree. I really was hoping to see Ron DeLite in some capacity since
. I really wanted to see Phoenix actually appear in the game (besides a crappy Easter egg). It would've been cool to actually see the Gavinners too, since Klavier would be becoming a prosecutor around the time of the game.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:56 am
by GyaKuten
jahzarra777 wrote:No she isn't funny... she is annoy as hell and obsessed with Edgeworth when it's obvious he hates her and wish she gets lock up in insane asylum and toss the key.
But that is why I think she's funny!
But I already said
GyaKuten wrote:... But after all, it's my opinion.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:38 pm
by Steel Samurai
They could have used so many interesting characters... But they used the ones they already had used as returning charas...
= LAME
-SS
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:13 pm
by Aurontsubaki
Wesley Stickler was definitely an annoyance to me.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:31 pm
by Coffee Prosecutor
Aurontsubaki wrote:Wesley Stickler was definitely an annoyance to me.
He was never in GK O_o
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:36 pm
by TheWrightWay
I love Ema, but the fact that she was useless in the third case really bugs me. All she did was just appear for some reason, spray something and that was it. Oh well... at least she was hot.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:51 am
by Aurontsubaki
Coffee Prosecutor wrote:Aurontsubaki wrote:Wesley Stickler was definitely an annoyance to me.
He was never in GK O_o
My apologies. I mean't Jacques Portman & Callisto Yew were definitely an annoyance to me.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:08 am
by Coffee Prosecutor
I bet I mentioned this once but Yew sounds like a robot
Hey we could ship her with Lisa Basil

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:58 am
by Auste
Just to be safe, I'm still using spoiler tags.
About Kay - because I'm biased (she's my favorite AAI-only character), I'll say that she IS reckless and can be really stubborn, but not annoying. A little grating at times, but I think she should've had more screen time to flesh out her character more. Just so we can see that there's more to her than meets the eye.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:28 pm
by jahzara777
Auste wrote:Just to be safe, I'm still using spoiler tags.
About Kay - because I'm biased (she's my favorite AAI-only character), I'll say that she IS reckless and can be really stubborn, but not annoying. A little grating at times, but I think she should've had more screen time to flesh out her character more. Just so we can see that there's more to her than meets the eye.
Hurray someone who agrees with me.

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:49 pm
by Phoenix Minamimoto
I thought that AAI had many memorable characters, but I simply can't stand Zinc LeBlanc! That guy had such an irritating personality! That case would have been so much better if he turned out to be the killer.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:47 pm
by Coffee Prosecutor
Phoenix Minamimoto wrote:I thought that AAI had many memorable characters, but I simply can't stand Zinc LeBlanc! That guy had such an irritating personality! That case would have been so much better if he turned out to be the killer.
so you dislike irritating or confusing people?
Uhuh. . .

Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:19 am
by Dawn
*points at a person in a line-up* Definitely the Windy Old Hag. LeBlanc was okay... but HER? That's way too much.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:13 pm
by WitcheyMarina
Jaques Portsman = First, his name. I wanted Dennis Raquet. =( And second, OHMYGOD would someone burn his bloody jacket already?! That animation annoys me! What is the point of doing that?! Is he trying to be the next karate/kung fu kid?! JACKIE CHAN WILL NOT APPROVE. >=(
Cammy Meele = One word: slut.
Zinc Lablanc = I was hoping that the logic button would throw him out the window. =(
Lance Amano = You. Whiny. Brat. I seriously wish someone had punched this guy. Where's Redd White when you need him?
Calisto Yew = *Shoots self dead*
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:02 pm
by Crusty Radiator
I think the worst character was Wendy Oldbag, I hate her since the first game. It's normal she's in the game of Edgeworth but, see her one time was enough... Except her, I didn't really notice any annoying character, maybe the Amanos, but they were a lot more bearable that Oldbag.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:44 pm
by antonis
Everyone after case two really got on my tits.
Kay-Stupid annoying unrealistic Mary-sue
Ema-the same
Lang-Oh stop fucking exaggerating, theres counterfeit money in every country and it dosen't fuck up the economy half as bad as you say also stop trying to be cool!
Gumshoe- NO SHE DIDN'T FUCKING STEAL YOUR FUCKING JOB YOUR A DETECTIVE IT IS YOUR JOB TO INVESTIGATE WITH EDGEWORTH TELL THE LITTLE BITCH TO FUCK OFF!
Larry/Oldbag- Morons.
The judge-Your an idiot!
Well sorry about the rage but that game had some of the stupidest characterizations I have ever come across.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:42 pm
by Robo-Aly
Most of the characters were pretty annoying, now that I think back.... Well gee, that's a sign of a great game, eh? :P
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:01 am
by MelancholyV
I lurve Kay.
But I think Oldbag was the worst, as always. Every time she arrived in the game part of my soul died.
In a close second are Yew, Lance, Lauren, and surprisingly, Ema. She just... got on my nerves. I can't explain why.
Re: The Stupidest/Most Annoying/Stupidest Characters in GK (p.s)
Posted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:50 am
by CrimsonBlaze
Oldbag. Just... Oldbag. The second time I saw her I was just like
Aside from her, Yew and LeBlanc TOTALLY pissed me off! She had the most annoying laugh, and he just kept going on and on about his movie and his art, which got really old, really fast...