Sprites (and such), by SK

For rips or edits of PW:AA / GS game sprites and related art.
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - Happy Friday the 13th

Post by mercurialSK »

iKiwed wrote:I like Prosecutor Justice!
I like revenges!
But sorry for the question.
In Dual Destinies We understood what is his base pose (with crossed arms).
Why don't You draw him with crossed arms? Maybe not like a base pose, but maybe like when He is confident or angry.
Sorry for my English.
Thank you! Heh, don't worry about asking.

Funny story, actually, I'm pretty sure I planned for him to have a crossed arms pose. I remember thinking about it clearly, a remake because the DD pose makes no logical sense. But when I look through my list of sketches it's either been cut or mysteriously disappeared... One of his bench sprites is crossed arms, but that's it...

There's not much I can modify at this point, but I'll put it on my list of things to do and see if there's still time remaining.
Scent wrote:His crossed-arms pose while smiling back is also a nod to Kristoph Gavin. Other than that, I would also recommend making two sets of animated sprites: one silent and another one talking.
I'd do that, but I'm currently planning a set of 13 blink/talk sprites (+2 animations) as it is, so won't doing that clog up the page?
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Sligneris
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - Happy Friday the 13th

Post by Sligneris »

Why DD pose doesn't make sense?
 
Scent
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:14 pm
Custom Title: Apollon Flame

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - Happy Friday the 13th

Post by Scent »

mercurialSK wrote: I'd do that, but I'm currently planning a set of 13 blink/talk sprites (+2 animations) as it is, so won't doing that clog up the page?
Haha, yeah, good point. :udgey:
A King
in name
alone...
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - Happy Friday the 13th

Post by mercurialSK »

Sligneris wrote:Why DD pose doesn't make sense?
Spoiler: Rant incoming
It's not natural to cross arms with the left arm beneath if there's a massive chunky bracelet on the left wrist. As a consequence, the right wrist looks painfully bent. Even though it's all anatomically correct, it would look better if it was right-over-left and be more natural.

I wouldn't have as much of an issue about this if it was just jacket Apollo "hiding" the bracelet to symbol how the bandages affect his ability, but normal Apollo folds his arms like that as well. Furthermore, official art Apollo has him crossing his arms right-over-left. (Jacket Apollo does, at least. Apollo's AJ bench sprite doesn't but right-over-left at that angle doesn't look as powerful visually.) There's no real reason to break DD consistency because the DD Apollo art has it right-over-left whilst his sprite is left-over-right.

I do have more issues about his sprite like how suit Apollo's torso is different from jacket Apollo's but that's something I'm okay with letting go.
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by mercurialSK »

First attempt at a sidebench sprite. This took much longer than usual, even without animation. Why so detailed, man?
Spoiler: DD character spoiler
Image
15/12/13: RIP, Clay Terran. (31 colours)

Visors are so much fun. On the other hand, gloves are not.
I don't want to think about that silver trim on his coat again for a while.
Prosecutor Justice is somewhere around v2.6 at the moment (still not satisfied with shading), I'll update him when I stop changing everything.
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Scent
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:14 pm
Custom Title: Apollon Flame

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by Scent »

mercurialSK wrote:First attempt at a sidebench sprite. This took much longer than usual, even without animation. Why so detailed, man?
Spoiler: DD character spoiler
Image
15/12/13: RIP, Clay Terran. (31 colours)

Visors are so much fun. On the other hand, gloves are not.
I don't want to think about that silver trim on his coat again for a while.
Prosecutor Justice is somewhere around v2.6 at the moment (still not satisfied with shading), I'll update him when I stop changing everything.
Clay: Nice! Although Sky's iteration looks more like something from DD style, yours look more like the pre-DD 3D models styles. :]

Prosecutor Justice: lol the downside of being an artist: wanting to change everything xD
A King
in name
alone...
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by mercurialSK »

Pre-DD 3D models? I'm not sure I get what you mean.
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Sligneris
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by Sligneris »

Image

Something like that, I think.
 
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by mercurialSK »

Hmm. I still don't really understand. I was trying to go for more pre-DD co-counsel instead of DD though, which is why it's a left-facing sprite.

...Yeah, I don't see it.
(Also it's not cropped right, oops. I'll upload a correct version later. Getting sloppy...)
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
skycompass
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:15 pm
Custom Title: In justice we trust!
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by skycompass »

Ooooo, nice Clay sprite! He's a bitch to draw, isn't he? And I like the updates you made to your Prosecutor Justice sprites. I'm a bit busy right now so I'll comment with crits later :>
Image
Click on Kamila to go to my Sprite Thread!
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by mercurialSK »

Thank you! Clay is mostly frustrating to clean actually since AA sprites are so big, I don't know how I want to anti-alias those stripes at all. I'll probably do it differently next time. So much detail - and so many colours to limit! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaangh...

Heh, no need to rush, my perfectionism can't be switched off so the "updated" Prosecutor Justice sprites aren't actually updated at all at this point. I have a lot of difficulty with discarding my own style in order to draw in an AA way... mainly in proportions and shading. :sadshoe: I appreciate that you're considering leaving some, so thanks again.
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Scent
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:14 pm
Custom Title: Apollon Flame

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by Scent »

What I meant to say is that Sky's coloring makes him look like a 3D model, yours makes him look like a sprite.
A King
in name
alone...
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by mercurialSK »

Ah. Okay. I wonder if that's a good thing.

Actually, the differences are as interesting as there are many... Front sprite/side sprites aside. Maybe the most striking is the contrast of blue/purple hues. I would post them side-by-side but I haven't asked- what I did learn was that my whites are surprisingly dark.

Improved version with better whites, cropped properly:
Image
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
BonnyMono
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 508
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm
Custom Title: GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by BonnyMono »

Is there a possibility that you're doing Bench sprites for Prosecutor Justice?
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
Scent
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:14 pm
Custom Title: Apollon Flame

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by Scent »

BonnyMono wrote:Is there a possibility that you're doing Bench sprites for Prosecutor Justice?
I think he's said so, but since he's constantly remaking them, it's gonna take A LOT of time. xD
A King
in name
alone...
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by mercurialSK »

BonnyMono wrote:Is there a possibility that you're doing Bench sprites for Prosecutor Justice?
Yeah, I am. Er,
Scent wrote:I think he's said so, but since he's constantly remaking them, it's gonna take A LOT of time. xD
^ that. Heh, I want to say that's not true, but it is. I don't want to think about the number of revisions since my last update right now...

The good news is that my main troubles come from the fact that it's a spriteset, so I have extra expectations of myself -cursed perfectionism- but I've figured out a workflow that will help me identify problems during the sketching/blocking stages instead of later on. I've also done a bench study so I don't decide halfway that they're not consistent enough with the AA style and decide to start over. That'll be part of my next update of complete v.(hopefully)final front sprites in the next day or so.

@BonnyMono
Why? Did you want to use them for something?
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Scent
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:14 pm
Custom Title: Apollon Flame

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by Scent »

Is that drawing of Prosecutor Justice supposed to look feminine? Because it does. :yogi:
A King
in name
alone...
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by mercurialSK »

Scent wrote:Is that drawing of Prosecutor Justice supposed to look feminine? Because it does. :yogi:
Well, my girlfriend drew it for me when I was starting to get frustrated a while ago and her style is very "pretty boy", so yeah. It looks mildly more guy-like in the full version. Mildly.

I like looking at her work, though. :pearl-blush: She got me into art.
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Louise
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7882
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by Louise »

mercurialSK wrote:First attempt at a sidebench sprite. This took much longer than usual, even without animation. Why so detailed, man?
Spoiler: DD character spoiler
Image
15/12/13: RIP, Clay Terran. (31 colours)

Visors are so much fun. On the other hand, gloves are not.
I don't want to think about that silver trim on his coat again for a while.
It's so beautiful :larry:

All your sprites are sooo good. That little Athena is amazing.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage
Image
BonnyMono
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 508
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm
Custom Title: GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by BonnyMono »

mercurialSK wrote: @BonnyMono
Why? Did you want to use them for something?
Nope, I was just curious if the possibility exists. (I would never ask anyone for sprites.)
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
Scent
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:14 pm
Custom Title: Apollon Flame

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by Scent »

BonnyMono wrote:
mercurialSK wrote: @BonnyMono
Why? Did you want to use them for something?
Nope, I was just curious if the possibility exists. (I would never ask anyone for sprites.)
Image
A King
in name
alone...
Sligneris
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by Sligneris »

To me, it doesn't look like side-bench. More like something crushed him from both sides... <_< Or like a cardboard version of Clay that could stand at the front of Space Center...? I don't know. It just doesn't sit right with me.
 
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by mercurialSK »

Louise wrote:It's so beautiful :larry:

All your sprites are sooo good. That little Athena is amazing.
Thank you! :payne:
Sligneris wrote:To me, it doesn't look like side-bench. More like something crushed him from both sides... <_< Or like a cardboard version of Clay that could stand at the front of Space Center...? I don't know. It just doesn't sit right with me.
You're right. Crushed is a good way to put it. It's a construction problem, I thought I was compensating for the jacket... yeah, it's not right.

I have plans for remaking (or scrapping) the Pearl sprite after I finish the Prosecutor Justice bench set, I guess I'll be adding that sidebench to those plans as well.
BonnyMono wrote: Nope, I was just curious if the possibility exists. (I would never ask anyone for sprites.)
Heh, fair enough. Prefer to just make/edit everything on your own?
Scent wrote:Image
:coffee:
Oh my god, man. I don't even know what to say.
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
BonnyMono
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 508
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:17 pm
Custom Title: GETCH'ER SCIENTIFIC STUFF READY

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by BonnyMono »

Scent wrote:
BonnyMono wrote:
mercurialSK wrote: @BonnyMono
Why? Did you want to use them for something?
Nope, I was just curious if the possibility exists. (I would never ask anyone for sprites.)
Image
Lacks multiple U's. :grey:

@SK: Asking for someone else to sprite-edit for you is missing the fun, ain't it? :will:
"Oh holy father, holy Brother, holy master... My sacred mission is at last complete. With these two hands, mankind is saved. I am your will made flesh. In your name, I give thanks."
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/12: "You're fine!" editio

Post by mercurialSK »

BonnyMono wrote:@SK: Asking for someone else to sprite-edit for you is missing the fun, ain't it? :will:
Fair enough. In that case, would you mind if I critiqued?

--
Finally updating wrote:- [Prosecutor Justice] Prosecutor Justice front sprite set v.hopefullyfinal
Spoiler: This is a cut
Sprite sheet (Front sprites, 30 colours).

Preview gifs (click for larger size):
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
The second last one should not actually loop but continue immediately to the last.
- [Spriting Observations] My bench sprite study has been added.
I'm still not 100% happy... but I have to seriously stop and move the hell on.
Special thanks go to the impromptu "moral support crew" consisting of my girlfriend and her best friend (I don't actually know how that happened) and Scent for helping with feedback on the initial sprites. I think I've got the style down now.
Thanks also go to iKiwed for reminding me about the crossed-arms pose, that ended up replacing something that didn't really work. (Even after my rant, it's right-over-left. Against myself I can't win.)

I'm currently experimenting with a new workflow for making sprite sets, and will post my findings once I am finished as well.
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Scent
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:14 pm
Custom Title: Apollon Flame

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 27/12: Pros. Justice Front S

Post by Scent »

Overall, the sprites are great and have been excellently polished, nice job there. Now unto an individual critic:
Image
This one is OK.
Image
I, personally, don't like the shades' shading, but the shine works it up (and it's more of a personal opinion).
Image
This one's awesome.
Image
This one's also good.
Image
Another good one.
Image
I'm curious: what's with crunching his fingers? :yogi:
Image
This one is pure EXCELLENCY! Reminds me of when Kristoph adjusts his glasses. :kristoph:
Image
This one is OK, too.
A King
in name
alone...
Sligneris
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 27/12: Pros. Justice Front S

Post by Sligneris »

He somehow reminds me of concept Bobby.
 
Louise
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7882
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 27/12: Pros. Justice Front S

Post by Louise »

Scent wrote:
Image
This one's awesome.
I agree, you've done such a good job with your prosecutor Justice, SK!!
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage
Image
Scent
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:14 pm
Custom Title: Apollon Flame

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 27/12: Pros. Justice Front S

Post by Scent »

Louise wrote:
Scent wrote:
Image
This one's awesome.
I agree, you've done such a good job with your prosecutor Justice, SK!!
Although the bracelet doesn't resemble much, it still looks cool.
A King
in name
alone...
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 27/12: Pros. Justice Front S

Post by mercurialSK »

Scent wrote:I, personally, don't like the shades' shading, but the shine works it up (and it's more of a personal opinion).
Hmm. That's the main sprite I'm not happy with and I don't know why. I tampered with that sprite a lot, but I can't get it right, I might have to redo it completely. I referenced off Machi for the shades and the glint's supposed to hide his eyes, I'm just hoping that maybe leaving it for a while and coming back will help solve the problem.
Scent wrote:I'm curious: what's with crunching his fingers? :yogi:
The idea was something like this:
Image
Scent wrote:This one is pure EXCELLENCY! Reminds me of when Kristoph adjusts his glasses. :kristoph:
I'm glad. It's actually the third remake of that sprite. I spent a lot of time with each individual frame and getting the light sources right.

Thanks for that individual critique.
Sligneris wrote:He somehow reminds me of concept Bobby.
Well, one of his original designs had a whitish-grey suit, a red shirt and a blue tie with top hair spikes horizontal...
Louise wrote:I agree, you've done such a good job with your prosecutor Justice, SK!!
Heh, thank you! Talk frames are the bane of my life...
Scent wrote:Although the bracelet doesn't resemble much, it still looks cool.
I can't actually draw his bracelet. Heh. I'm going to see if I can get it to look right in the bench sprites, and if I can I'll edit the front sprites again. Leaving it the way it is now for internal consistency.
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Scent
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:14 pm
Custom Title: Apollon Flame

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 27/12: Pros. Justice Front S

Post by Scent »

Hmm. That's the main sprite I'm not happy with and I don't know why. I tampered with that sprite a lot, but I can't get it right, I might have to redo it completely. I referenced off Machi for the shades and the glint's supposed to hide his eyes, I'm just hoping that maybe leaving it for a while and coming back will help solve the problem.
Your problem here is like I said: the shade's shading. Machi's shades have, like, three layers of shading, yours have (I think) only one, which is why he looks bland.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/efClnc3.gif[//img]
Hmm... is he acting nervous or something? Like being shy to show his eyes?
I can't actually draw his bracelet. Heh. I'm going to see if I can get it to look right in the bench sprites, and if I can I'll edit the front sprites again. Leaving it the way it is now for internal consistency.
The problem is that it's too cluttered and has a darker yellow than the actual bracelet.
A King
in name
alone...
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 27/12: Pros. Justice Front S

Post by mercurialSK »

Scent wrote:Your problem here is like I said: the shade's shading. Machi's shades have, like, three layers of shading, yours have (I think) only one, which is why he looks bland.
...Oh. Okay. I'm...not sure how I missed that. The pixels are actually supposed to make it appear as if there are two, not one, though. Weird.
Image Added a third shade. Better?
Scent wrote:Hmm... is he acting nervous or something? Like being shy to show his eyes?
This "Prosecutor Justice" concept is based off the idea that he becomes really cynical and stops smiling, so that's kind of like a "defrosting" back to his actual self after five years again (after removing the badge and hiding behind sunglasses). I was trying to play with light sources like how Kristoph's sprites are strangely lit until this happens...It's sort of similar to Lana smiling too, but is the combination kind of weird for AA? :meekins:
Scent wrote:The problem is that it's too cluttered and has a darker yellow than the actual bracelet.
Too cluttered, or too detailed?
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Scent
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:14 pm
Custom Title: Apollon Flame

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 27/12: Pros. Justice Front S

Post by Scent »

mercurialSK wrote:
Scent wrote:The problem is that it's too cluttered and has a darker yellow than the actual bracelet.
Too cluttered, or too detailed?
lol both: it has so many details it looks cluttered xD
A King
in name
alone...
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK

Post by mercurialSK »

Minor-ish update with no real new sprites so no title.

Entry submitted, here's the final version of the Prosecutor Justice front sprites. Special thanks to Scent, again, for being awesome.
Spoiler: Copy-pasted from the opening post
Image Sprite sheets: Complete | Front only | Bench only

Preview gifs:
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
There have been a lot of changes, but only a few are noticeable. His front-facing sprite has been redrawn, the badge has been redrawn, and being able to draw the bracelet is something that still eludes me. His collar, lapels and suit have been reshaded and he also uses palette v6 (which isn't fantastic either, but will do), and the rest of the changes are pixel-level.
I give up on his bracelet. That thing has been through too much already.

Bench sprites are done but they're a secret for now. Heh heh. In the meantime, I've added a bunch of badges that can be used.
Image
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Auraion
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1316
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:07 am
Custom Title: FINE
Location: Not Here
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK

Post by Auraion »

These sprites are amazing. I really look forward to more of your work.
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK

Post by mercurialSK »

Auraion wrote:These sprites are amazing. I really look forward to more of your work.
Thank you! :phoenix: I hope to produce more and continue improving in the future.

--

I wandered down to AAO some days ago and ended up inspired to sprite for their current contest, a fantasy theme.

Image
Dragonslayer Blackquill, saving princesses since 2020. (30 colours)

The armour on his right arm is sorcerously imbued with special energy that allows him to pierce a dragon's thick scales. The sorcerous energy is why his hair is partially silver. He rides a Gryphon called Taka.

I was going to animate him drawing the sword but I accidentally merged my layers. :sadshoe:
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 14/1: Dragonslayer Blackquil

Post by SuperAj3 »

That looks incredible!
I can totally picture Blackquill wearing something like that! And the way you sprited it looks great!
Louise
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7882
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK

Post by Louise »

mercurialSK wrote: I wandered down to AAO some days ago and ended up inspired to sprite for their current contest, a fantasy theme.

Image
Dragonslayer Blackquill, saving princesses since 2020. (30 colours)
My god, that is amazing :viola:
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage
Image
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK

Post by mercurialSK »

SuperAj3 wrote:That looks incredible!
I can totally picture Blackquill wearing something like that! And the way you sprited it looks great!
Louise wrote:My god, that is amazing :viola:
Thank you! I still can't help but feel like something's off, though...

--

I'm on holiday and don't have anything better to do other than sprite all day, so I thought I'd try my hand at more Apollo sprites until I learn how to draw that stupid bracelet. It's something I refuse to let beat me. :dahlia:

ImageImage | Larger
(29 colours)

These poses are obviously referenced off flipped DD poses. Which means no bracelet. I feel as if I'm going to end up spriting Apollo for the rest of my life.

He's been made more similar to GS4 Apollo, but retains the DD maturity because he's 23 and not 15 (or a rookie).
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
Dylanduck
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:07 pm
Custom Title: One truth always prevails

Re: Sprites (and such), by SK - 15/1: Apollo Co-Counsel (1/6

Post by Dylanduck »

This is a awesome sprite of Apollo bench sprites you made and good luck with drawing the bracelet.
Im part of the website Wolfduck Studios check it out if you get the chance you won't regret it. http://wolfduckstudios.com/
Post Reply