Page 2 of 2

Re: An update to our NSFW policy

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:25 pm
by Bad Player
I just noticed this announcement now (best mod ever, amirite?), and I'm not going to comment on an opt-in 18+ sub-forum (I don't know how these forum do-hickeys work, I don't know if it's actually possible for us), but just one small thing I want to clear up, that was brought up at the beginning:

The announcement has actually been a long time coming. Us mods have been concerned about NSFW content for a while now, and while we've been discussing it, we didn't get around to actually doing anything about it... for no real reason. That was not cool on our part, and it wasn't really fair to you guys to leave the rules about something a certain group of users were concerned about in an undefined limbo for so long. So when the "NSFW 18+" thread was made, we realized we needed to make a public decision already--and so we did. So this announcement is indeed a reaction to that thread, but it's not meant to be "antagonistic."

Re: An update to our NSFW policy

Posted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:11 pm
by E.D.Revolution
From a technical point of view, yeah it's possible to create an opt-in only forum where once you click on that link, you are essentially given an EULA that you know what the hell you're getting yourself into. Only administrators can create a forum, set up the restrictions, and put up preventative warnings. Moderators will not be able to do any of that stuff, only things moderators already do. So only Bolt Storm can do this.

Whether such forum is made is up to Bolt Storm and the mods. :simon:

Re: An update to our NSFW policy

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:59 am
by randomly_ren09
I'm not really into NSFW stuff, but I only restrict it to my otp fanfics. I'm still a bit disgusted to NSFW drawings though. :yogi:

Re: An update to our NSFW policy

Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:51 am
by DistortedSylveon
I do believe NSFW content should be allowed to be dropped anywhere, but I think putting it off into clearly marked areas and into PM's where agreed upon should be adequate in managing NSFW content. I don't think adding any extra code to the site really needs to be implemented. Want to look at NSFW artwork of any kind? Just go find where it where it is marked for that specific purpose. And if you want to share your sex life feel free to shoot a PM to whomever expresses an interest in being your audience.

Re: An update to our NSFW policy

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:49 pm
by Mileswright
My opinion is that this course of action is correct, if you want to share your NSFW pictures, go do it on a forum, think of the children on here, I once meant a twelve year old. The internet is already dangerous enough, but now your making this forum NSFW by posting or talking about something that's NSFW, thus really what it comes down to is decency.
Ask yourself before posting something NSFW, Will this help the forum, would I care if some random person came across it? If you had little brothers and sisters, would you want them to come across this. Think of the young people on the forum, before posting something NSFW.

Re: An update to our NSFW policy

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:48 pm
by Mileswright
CatMuto wrote: And I agree with Pierre. If a younger user sees an 18+ NSFW thread and clicks on it, that's their own fault. If it's clearly marked for people of a certain age, entering said area is of their own free will and action. I might understand a parent getting huffed up because such a thread has no "Extra Lock Mechanic" to prevent users from just entering, but that isn't always possible. I don't think this forum has such a function...? Besides, a parent can't blame the internet for showing their kids inappropriate stuff for their age, it's the parents fault for not watching out what the kid browses.

C-A
I agree partially, but if they've checked the site their on, and like me, thought there was nothing wrong with it, they tend not to watch as much, plus theirs nothing NSFW in Ace attorney, so why would their be NSFW on a forum for it.
So yes its partially their fault, but it can also be the forum fault, if the forum does have NSFW it should clearly state when you become a member, that their is NSFW discussions on here. Or when you enter a thread a pop up stating their is NSFW on here.
Plus not every kid knows what NSFW means. Plus, if possible, the parents should put blocks for inappropriate things.
so yes, Its mainly the parents fault, but the forum could be better at helping the parent, instead of sneaking up on the parent.

Re: An update to our NSFW policy

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:58 pm
by CatMuto
plus theirs nothing NSFW in Ace attorney
It's a law game that frequently shows corpses, blood and even contains characters sprites like Cammy and her boobs. Just because it isn't a direct depiction of sex does not mean it's Safe For Work. And I stand by it, it's the parents' responsibility, period. If you don't want your kid checking potentially NSFW stuff out on the internet, don't let your kid have access to internet.

C-A

Re: An update to our NSFW policy

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:16 pm
by Mileswright
CatMuto wrote:
plus theirs nothing NSFW in Ace attorney
It's a law game that frequently shows corpses, blood and even contains characters sprites like Cammy and her boobs. Just because it isn't a direct depiction of sex does not mean it's Safe For Work. And I stand by it, it's the parents' responsibility, period. If you don't want your kid checking potentially NSFW stuff out on the internet, don't let your kid have access to internet.

C-A
CatMuto they never show bare boobs, naked bodies, and its not that gory, its mostly just blood. TSFW, I can see how people would say its NSFW, but really it comes down to the person. Plus the whole forum is about ace attorney.

Re: An update to our NSFW policy

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:54 pm
by CatMuto
Mileswright wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
plus theirs nothing NSFW in Ace attorney
It's a law game that frequently shows corpses, blood and even contains characters sprites like Cammy and her boobs. Just because it isn't a direct depiction of sex does not mean it's Safe For Work. And I stand by it, it's the parents' responsibility, period. If you don't want your kid checking potentially NSFW stuff out on the internet, don't let your kid have access to internet.

C-A
CatMuto they never show bare boobs, naked bodies, and its not that gory, its mostly just blood. TSFW, I can see how people would say its NSFW, but really it comes down to the person. Plus the whole forum is about ace attorney.
It shows semi-nudity, has innuendoes and it contains blood. There are people out there who think that stuff is a no no for kids. It's about as graphic as Detective Conan, and even that at times can go into the Not Okay category. (Like the first chapter depicting someone's decapitation and the blood splurting out of the body was censored on Japanese TV)

Also, far as I see, Court Records isn't just about AA, it also has a Layton and other sections, including the activity of the random conversation topic.

C-A

Re: An update to our NSFW policy

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:30 am
by DoMaya
>no 18+ stuff
>mfw I post like a 12 year old anyways.

Image

Re: An update to our NSFW policy

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:31 pm
by Turnabout_Lawman
I'm just now catching this in July 2015, but I definitely think I was guilty of violating this between 2013-2014 with some of my fan animation. My bad. Is proper tagging just putting "[NSFW]" in front of the title or something more?

нажмите tripscan официальный

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2026 3:15 am
by Sammieothek
нажмите здесь трипскан ссылка