Page 2 of 3
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ Bluecorp!
Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:27 pm
by mercurialSK
...Yeah, I'm not going to make it. That's what happens when you fall into redesign XD
There's a bunch of cool entries though. Neat turnout for a first comp here :)
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ Bluecorp!
Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 1:09 pm
by SuperAj3
Sorry Merc, maybe next comp?
Other than that VOTING IS NOW OPEN! COME ONE COME ALL! THE FIRST SPRITE COMP VOTING WILL COMMENCE!

Voting will run for the next 2 weeks, and remember, you can't vote for yourself!

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ Bluecorp!
Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 5:38 pm
by ApolloRocks23
SuperAj3 wrote:Sorry Merc, maybe next comp?
Other than that VOTING IS NOW OPEN! COME ONE COME ALL! THE FIRST SPRITE COMP VOTING WILL COMMENCE!

Voting will run for the next 2 weeks, and remember, you can't vote for yourself!

Woo Hoo! First comp. voting!
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:43 pm
by milaza
ooh okay, I'll vote for Hesseldahl's (4) sprite! Because she looks really elegant and it does actually look like it would be from an AA game!
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:11 am
by Nearavex
Voting for #4!
I must say, there's some real improvement in Hesseldahl's works - this one looks really amazing.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 1:36 am
by ShiroForever
I really like the Maggey bluecorp outfit! I'll vote for #
3 
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 8:45 am
by Mayu Igiyooki
I vote for
4! Hesshie's sprite looks beautiful!
Question: How come you didn't participated on your very own competition?

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:24 am
by SuperAj3
Ace Pointer wrote:Question: How come you didn't participated on your very own competition?

Rules for hosts wrote:You CANNOT enter if you are hosting, but you can vote.
I made the Edgeworth in April's outfit as my example of what people could do.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:29 am
by Hesseldahl
I'm voting for
3.
I really like it!

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 6:52 am
by Splodey_Goat
One more vote for Hesseldahl.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:56 am
by Ropfa
Hesseldahl for me
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:40 pm
by Backburner26
I vote 5, He looks badass
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Wed May 06, 2015 2:14 am
by Mr. Onizuka
I vote Hesseldahl. Besides it looking awesome, it's a full sheet! Amazing work!
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:42 pm
by Mayu Igiyooki
I wonder how many votes Hesshie has got lately. (Probably 5-7) No love for Spoldey_Goat.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Fri May 08, 2015 10:18 pm
by Hesseldahl
6 exactly.
Dont' worry spoldey, I'm sure one day you will get a lot of votes if you keep practicing.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:56 am
by Splodey_Goat
Hesseldahl wrote:6 exactly.
Dont' worry spoldey, I'm sure one day you will get a lot of votes if you keep practicing.

Oh, definitely, I jumped the gun. I'm not feeling bad about anything cause everybody else here definitely deserves the love their getting

. Happy to get to say I submitted the first contest sprite but next month I won't jump in so quick and submit something that might actually be able to compete '.';
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 5:09 am
by SuperAj3
Splodey_Goat wrote:Hesseldahl wrote:6 exactly.
Dont' worry spoldey, I'm sure one day you will get a lot of votes if you keep practicing.

Oh, definitely, I jumped the gun. I'm not feeling bad about anything cause everybody else here definitely deserves the love their getting

. Happy to get to say I submitted the first contest sprite but next month I won't jump in so quick and submit something that might actually be able to compete '.';
You made history being the first ever entry into the monthly sprite comps! That's an achievement!

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 6:53 am
by Mayu Igiyooki
I thought Spoldey_Goat was unhappy that he isn't getting any votes. Oh, and Mij, you're right in that spot that Spoldey got the achievement of being the first entry in the competition.
By the way, if double-voting was allowed, I'd vote for milaza as well. His sprite looks pretty cute. But I sincerely doubt it. (I think people can only vote one spriter, I guess.)

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:03 am
by SuperAj3
Ace Pointer wrote:I thought Spoldey_Goat was unhappy that he isn't getting any votes. Oh, and Mij, you're right in that spot that Spoldey got the achievement of being the first entry in the competition.
By the way, if double-voting was allowed, I'd vote for milaza as well. His sprite looks pretty cute. But I sincerely doubt it. (I think people can only vote one spriter, I guess.)

AAO allows you to vote for 2 people, but our spriting community here is a lot smaller, and we only had 5 entrants, so I thought 1 vote per person would work. I am seeing it is a little unfair, but it's too late now. (To be honest, hosting this I've come to like all the entries! I'm waiting until the last day to cast my vote because I'm mentally deliberating who should get a vote XD)
Maybe next comp we could have 2 votes per person, (depending on how many votes/voters there are) Or maybe in the last 3 days I can open it to a 2nd vote per person? Like "Turnabout voting" XD

(That might make things uneven, but I'll hear your opinions on this before acting).
Also, it's only 6 more days until voting closes. I've been keeping a tally, but I'll wait until the end to share the results!
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:48 am
by Mayu Igiyooki
@SuperAj3: Hmm... A User voting 2 Spriters could be great in the next competition.
Other than that, ♫
iittt'ss voottee couuuuunnnnnnttttttiiiiiiinnnnnnggggg tttiiiiimmmmmeeeee! ♫
Vote Counter wrote:
Spoldey_Goat = 0
SilverGS = 0
milaza = 2
Hesseldahl = 6
Ropfa = 1
Although the voting session didn't ended, this is the total amount of votes now. Hmm... I think I should count the total amount of votes too when the last day to vote a spriter comes. Would be pretty interesting. Especially if Mij plans to write down a Vote Counting "thing" in the first post in this thread...

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:05 am
by SuperAj3
Thanks Ace, but I didn't mention the counter just to keep the suspense.
I've been writing it all down myself, so provided people don't change their vote, what I've written is accurate. I will recount again after votes close just incase.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:47 pm
by Backburner26
When do the votes finish Mij?
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:52 pm
by Mayu Igiyooki
Backburner26 wrote:When do the votes finish Mij?
16 or 17 May.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 7:47 pm
by Mayu Igiyooki
Even though, Hesshie's sprite being very simple here gets all the love for some very odd reason.
Even from me.
JAZZ TIME!

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:15 am
by SuperAj3
Backburner26 wrote:When do the votes finish Mij?
Tomorrow's (16th) the last day for voting.
I might as well throw my vote in now, before it's too late

(I really wanted everyone to get at least 1 vote

)
I couldn't pick who I should vote for, because every entry I loved because I was happy people wanted to participate, so I asked my mum
Her favourite was
2, so there's my vote XD
Also, next comp, everyone can vote for 2 of their favourites. I see now why that's the case on AAO, will update the rules after voting closes.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:40 am
by Mayu Igiyooki
SuperAj3 wrote:Backburner26 wrote:When do the votes finish Mij?
Tomorrow's (16th) the last day for voting.
I might as well throw my vote in now, before it's too late

(I really wanted everyone to get at least 1 vote

)
In case you don't know, Spoldey_Goat didn't got any votes.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:47 am
by Pierre
Vote: Number 4
(Closely followed by number 1)
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:47 am
by SuperAj3
Ace Pointer wrote:SuperAj3 wrote:Backburner26 wrote:When do the votes finish Mij?
Tomorrow's (16th) the last day for voting.
I might as well throw my vote in now, before it's too late

(I really wanted everyone to get at least 1 vote

)
In case you don't know, Spoldey_Goat didn't got any votes.

He could still get one (I hope). I'm giving honorary mentions for being our first ever entrant

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ VOTING!
Posted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:41 pm
by SuperAj3
Notice: TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO VOTE
By the end of the day voting will close and I'll begin tallying the scores.
EDIT: Still a few more hours to vote, folks! ATM It's about 15 to 6(pm) here, and I'll close them at Midnight.(So about 15 hours after this was initially posted)
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ LAST DAY!
Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 9:50 pm
by SuperAj3
Voting is closed! Results will be up shortly!
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:59 am
by Mayu Igiyooki
Behold! First ever triple post!!!
Sorry... I really had to go there! XD Anyway... Looking forward to see the winner of today's competition.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:05 am
by SuperAj3
LOL Announcements warranted it

Congrats again to Hessehl for winning! I look forward to the next comp! I can't wait to see what theme he picks!
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:34 am
by Mayu Igiyooki
I knew Hesshie would be the winner after some days of the vote.
I guess it's time to lock the thread.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:04 am
by SuperAj3
Ace Pointer wrote:I knew Hesshie would be the winner after some days of the vote.
I guess it's time to lock the thread.

Don't jump the gun just yet. I'll signal this thread's closure when Hessehl knows he's won and when he starts the next one.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:57 pm
by Hesseldahl
I want to thank everyone for their votes!
I couldn't win this without you guys.
And don't worry about the next competition, I'm still organizing it.
Here's a small teaser about the new theme...

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:01 am
by SuperAj3
Congrats Hessehl! I look forward to what you're working on!
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 6:55 am
by milaza
:0 congrats to hessel! looking forward to the next one~
EDIT: waitwaitwait hold on, are we not reusing this thread?
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:18 am
by Mayu Igiyooki
No, milaza. We won't be reusing the thread. There is a primary reason why.
Other than that, Congratulations, Hessel!

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 10:09 am
by SuperAj3
milaza wrote::0 congrats to hessel! looking forward to the next one~
EDIT: waitwaitwait hold on, are we not reusing this thread?
I was going to let the winner host the next one, so they can do so when they're ready. Things like counting votes can get clunky if it's all in one thread. If we had a polling service here we could easily use the one thread, but this way winners can make and edit their own threads and the previous one will be sent to the archives.
I want to wait until Hessehl makes his thread and has copied and pasted the rules so that they're not lost. Then this thread will be locked.
Re: Monthly Spriting Competition! Apr-May '15 ~ RESULTS!
Posted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:39 am
by TheDoctor
Hesseldahl wrote:I want to thank everyone for their votes!
I couldn't win this without you guys.
And don't worry about the next competition, I'm still organizing it.
Here's a small teaser about the new theme...

What? No Dia de los Muertos theme like you said in the Luck o' the Irish competition? I am disappoint. lol, jk.