GS4 Spoiler Discussion

All talk about Gyakuten Saiban 4, Odoroki, the Garyuus, etc, goes in here.
Gerkuman
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:02 am
Custom Title: What is my liiiife?!?
Location: UK

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Gerkuman »

Welcome to CR, and don't be sorry for asking questions here. :)

Spoiler:
Phoenix can get his badge back after he was cleared of the forgery. As for whether if wants to or not, he says he might retake the bar exam but then laughs about it. So it's not known fully if he will become a lawyer again, but the answer appears to be no. He seems happy where he is.
CB007
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:12 am

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by CB007 »

Thanks, you know how it can be on some boards.

The Hobo Phoenix thing was really my main concern with this game, but based on the spoilers I've seen so far, and the flash demo, I'm okay with it now. And I'm dying to play this. I just finished Trials and Tribulations and I'm suffering Ace Attorney withdrawal symptoms.
E~A
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:06 am
Custom Title: Novice bimbo
Location: California, USA

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by E~A »

I just beat Case 1 on the US version...

.. no case art like in the japanese version :(
WhiteElephant
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 631
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:04 pm
Custom Title: Mafia- Serious Business..lol
Location: Somewhere in America c:

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by WhiteElephant »

Look everyone:

Spoiler: Spoiler for 4-2
Wesley Stickler is a junior from Ivy University. Does every Phoenix Wright character that went to college come from there or something XD! (E.g.: Dahlia, Iris (pretending to be Dahlia), Phoenix, Doug Swallow). The only other college we know of is Country U and only Lotta actually came from there.
Image
Random Ace Attorney 'Shipper From Hell approves of Franziska/Adrian >;D
User avatar
Virginie
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:55 am
Custom Title: Prosecutor's Secretary
Location: Berlin Prosecutor's Office
Contact:

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Virginie »

I hope this is the right thread for this (and as I don't want to read spoilers for the further cases I didn't check of someone mentioned it before so sorry):

Who the heck did translate the fourth game? I was a little disappointed when I realized that Kristoph always talks about inconsistencies and not anymore about contradictions.
:larry:

Why did they do that?!
Oldbag: Shush! I'm talking to my dear Edgey-Wedgey right now! Don't interrupt us, gramps!
Judge: Yes, madam.
Edgeworth: No no no, please, by all means interrupt her! Please!
PouchedRat
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 462
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:00 am
Custom Title: I'll ship who I want to :D

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by PouchedRat »

Virginie wrote:I hope this is the right thread for this (and as I don't want to read spoilers for the further cases I didn't check of someone mentioned it before so sorry):

Who the heck did translate the fourth game? I was a little disappointed when I realized that Kristoph always talks about inconsistencies and not anymore about contradictions.
:larry:

Why did they do that?!

Spoiler: not really related. WHERE OH WHERE IS THE THREAD ON references in the game and humor?
I don't know, although I am enjoying it so far. I gigglesnorted at the Judge calling Phoenix "flaming"... oh I'm wicked. and Apollo saying it was his chance to take advantage of Olga, or however he worded it, haha. ORLY? YARLY!
Image
Silver 9
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:25 am
Custom Title: Mmm...grape juice...
Location: Hiding places
Contact:

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Silver 9 »

In other news...
Spoiler: Case 4-2
REVENGE OF THE STEPLADDER!
No, seriously, check out the clinic parking lot and examine the ladder.

I guess some things never do change...
DetectiveTomDamron
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 965
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:35 am

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by DetectiveTomDamron »

I lost it when I saw Phoenix point in the first case and the original music play again. It almost made me cry. Then when I saw Gumshoe I about fainted...um...you dont have to turn on the red light XD

Off Topic: Why...why is it when the topic infers spoilers will be openly discussed people put the spoiler tags anyway.... (yes it does annoy me somehow for some reason)
Image
Mia_Fey
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2182
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:55 am
Custom Title: True love is forever.

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Mia_Fey »

Okay, the game is great, but there are a couple things that have me confused.
Spoiler: 4-1,4-4
First, why was Zak so determined to ruin Phoenix when they played poker? He didn't seem angry and in fact repeatedly said he was grateful to him, besides ruining Phoenix's reputation was going to end up hurting Trucy as both she and Phoenix relied on the money he made there. I just don't get the why behind his actions.
Second, why doesn't Zak show Phoenix the real notebook page in the time before the trial that cost Phoenix his badge (he got it from his mentor the night of the murder so he clearly had it)? Wouldn't have showing it have helped the case (and not to mention protected Phoenix as he would have had two of the same page and realized something was very wrong). I assume that had Zak gotten off, he wouldn't have kept those tricks under wraps, so I have trouble understanding why bringing the fact that he inherited them out a bit early would have done anything but help the situation. It might not have been definitive proof that Zak didn't kill his mentor, but it would certainly show that the meeting had been on good terms (and could have been used to back up the story that he shot the toy which was what he was supposed to do and that is why he got the tricks) and therefore would make it less likely that Zak killed his mentor.
Last edited by Mia_Fey on Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Supporter of Phoenix/Iris, Ron/Dessie, Klavier/Ema, and Apollo/Vera
Fanfics Updated-12/25
Regy Rusty
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1285
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:51 pm
Custom Title: PCHOOO

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Regy Rusty »

Heh. You've already pointed out what I was gonna say Mia. Those two points are one of the only things that have me confused. However there's also...

Spoiler: 4-4
What was up with the "Mason System"? Was it just that Phoenix had recorded all those things and was showing them to the jurists? (That seemed to be what was implied at the end when you are controlling Thalassa). But if so, how could he have recorded the things in the past? And what was with using evidence from the future to break Psyche-Locks in the past? Something didn't quite seem to add up realistically there...


Oh! Another interesting thing (not a confusing one though):

Spoiler: 4-3
A step-ladder finally played an important role in a case!!!
Allan's Aokage
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:14 pm
Custom Title: Four is Death
Location: Wales. That little place next to England.

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Allan's Aokage »

Spoiler: Regy Rusty's answer
Firstly;

The hobo hat button has a camera in it.

Secondly; I assume that the jurist's don't see the Locks - we just see them because we're seeing it from Feenie's POV, and the jurist's from the camera POV. So they see Phoenix destroying their lies.
General Luigi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 4215
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm
Custom Title: In Justice We Trust
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by General Luigi »

Gerkuman wrote:
Spoiler:
Phoenix can get his badge back after he was cleared of the forgery. As for whether if wants to or not, he says he might retake the bar exam but then laughs about it. So it's not known fully if he will become a lawyer again, but the answer appears to be no. He seems happy where he is.


Spoiler:
Who knows? Not to be blindly optimistic, but the mere fact that he mentioned the Bar Exam does present the possibility that the Phoenix will be reborn.
I'm not denying your logic, though; I'm simply pointing out that it's not the only way to look at it. I'm guessing that at the least, a lot of fans (including myself) would appreciate it. Failing that, I certainly wouldn't mind the return of some other prosecutors in future games. I just couldn't warm up to Klavier--probably due to my bias against rock music.
Image
I'll always love you, Max.
Gwiffen
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 593
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:48 am
Contact:

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Gwiffen »

Regy Rusty wrote:
Spoiler: 4-4
What was up with the "Mason System"? Was it just that Phoenix had recorded all those things and was showing them to the jurists? (That seemed to be what was implied at the end when you are controlling Thalassa). But if so, how could he have recorded the things in the past? And what was with using evidence from the future to break Psyche-Locks in the past? Something didn't quite seem to add up realistically there...

Spoiler: 4-4
Yeah, I don't get that either. MASON is in all caps, so it probably stands for something? It was the MASON system in the Japanese version too, I believe.


And there's just so much I want to say about this game since I've played it through, but it's probably too much for me to write in one sitting. I can honestly say though, that I have a new favorite game in the series! :odoroki:
Image
Ayasato-chan
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 892
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:08 am
Custom Title: Magical isn't it?
Location: In ur sig

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Ayasato-chan »

I'm in the middle of the Mason System right now, Can't wait for the end.

Oh yeah:

From 4-3:

Spoiler: Yay!!!
AA 400: Red Badger Guitar, Yay!!! the return of the Badger!
Retired from the RP Section

Image
OtakuHat
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:23 am
Custom Title: OtakuHat Data

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by OtakuHat »

haha oh man this game just brings back so much memories...lol
Spoiler:
We got the constant step ladders/ladders lol and "poison coffee" and the typical girl use guy to get rich case and oh man...
I think we need to list things thats similar to the GS1-3 cases that are in these cases. -sighs- i was hoping to see more charas though...sunshine stadium is soo popular in this game =T :godot: <-- YOU BETTER NOT BE DEAD NOW!
Takuthehedgehog
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:26 pm
Custom Title: The P was for pie! Hyuck hyuck hyuck!

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Takuthehedgehog »

Quick question about Phoenix's Hat.

Spoiler: Case 4
I know the button on it is actually a spy camera, but when is it explained how he got it? His profile on Court Records says he had Ema make it for him, but I don't remember that being said. When exactly is it explained?
Image
Mikenno
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:47 pm
Custom Title: ..Bradleh?
Location: Portland, OR, USA
Contact:

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Mikenno »

Takuthehedgehog wrote:Quick question about Phoenix's Hat.

Spoiler: Case 4
I know the button on it is actually a spy camera, but when is it explained how he got it? His profile on Court Records says he had Ema make it for him, but I don't remember that being said. When exactly is it explained?


I think it's more of a self-explainatory situation. The button belonged to Ema when Phoenix first met her. (It's on her coat.) It can be assumed that Ema whipped it up for him.

Unless I also missed where that was said, but I just beat the game a half hour before replying to this. XD

Spoiler: 4-4
What -I- want to know is where the Hell Kristoph's scar came from and why was that so god damned epic?
Allan's Aokage
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:14 pm
Custom Title: Four is Death
Location: Wales. That little place next to England.

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Allan's Aokage »

Mikenno wrote:
Spoiler: 4-4
What -I- want to know is where the Hell Kristoph's scar came from and why was that so god damned epic?

Never said for both.
BigFish
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:19 pm
Contact:

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by BigFish »

Spoiler: 4-4
I thought the MASON system was a time traveling thing. All I could think of was: Phoenix Wright: Time Traveling Hobo! :hobohodo2:


Something I'm wondering now, though, is...
Spoiler: 4-4
What happens when you press the 'Guilty' button at the end!? :ack:
Regy Rusty
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1285
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:51 pm
Custom Title: PCHOOO

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Regy Rusty »

BigFish wrote:
Spoiler: 4-4
What happens when you press the 'Guilty' button at the end!? :ack:


Spoiler: 4-4 ending
Why, it's Apollo Justice's "bad ending" of course! Though it's more of a 1-5 bad ending than a 2-4 one, if you know what I mean. If you'd like more details, I'd be happy to tell you exactly what happens.
BigFish
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:19 pm
Contact:

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by BigFish »

Spoiler: 4-4
Okay, tell me. I want to know now. :edgy:
Regy Rusty
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1285
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:51 pm
Custom Title: PCHOOO

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Regy Rusty »

Spoiler: 4-4 end
The result is a hung jury, so a mistrial is declared and a new trial date is set. However, that night Vera Misham dies from the poison and the case is left unsolved forever. The end.
BigFish
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:19 pm
Contact:

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by BigFish »

Spoiler: 4-4
:beef: That's a really sad ending...
Writer Awakened
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1520
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:59 am
Custom Title: Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!
Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Writer Awakened »

Spoiler: 4-4
When Vera recovers from the poison, doesn't the narration (I forget if it's Apollo or Phoenix) say "Then a miracle happened." or something like that? XD!
Ayasato-chan
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 892
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:08 am
Custom Title: Magical isn't it?
Location: In ur sig

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Ayasato-chan »

I'll play it again, and tell you.
Retired from the RP Section

Image
wassamattawityucca
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:27 pm
Custom Title: Layton v. GS and GS5 fever!

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by wassamattawityucca »

>_> I've always wondered.....
During the whole MASON system thing, couldn't Phoenix have looked more... presentable?

Poor jurists has to see him is is old sweatshirt and beanie. I'm surprised they couldn't whip up something more professional looking? :eh?:
ImageJoin the Project!
Engaged to R. Bond, Daughter to Donald Serrot and Sklarvv, and sister of Clarounette, GavinnerRock, and PhoenixFire in the CR Family Tree RP
Image
Lord Seth
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 131
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:31 am

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Lord Seth »

Spoiler: 4-4 and 2-4
Was I the only one tremendously disappointed by how anticlimactic case 4-4 was? In all the previous final cases, it was an uphill battle and when you managed to barely emerge victorious, it felt satisfactory. Here you barely even begin to chip away at Kristoph when suddenly it's "Well, you don't have to do anymore, it's in the hands of the jurors!" I really felt you didn't earn that freakout on Kristoph's part. And I felt it was lame they made the final question something as pathetically easy as guilty/not guilty. It makes me pine for something like 2-4, where even if it was easy to figure out what to do at the end (at least in my opinion), it didn't verge on being as easy as "what's one plus one?" and the traditional "freakout" (in this case, Engarde) felt like you really earned it.
mario2000
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 858
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:13 pm
Custom Title: Desert rose, why do you live alone?
Location: Fife, WA

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by mario2000 »

>_> I've always wondered.....
During the whole MASON system thing, couldn't Phoenix have looked more... presentable?

Poor jurists has to see him is is old sweatshirt and beanie. I'm surprised they couldn't whip up something more professional looking?

LOFL, well, now that you point it out, it is pretty funny.
Writer Awakened
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1520
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:59 am
Custom Title: Writer Awakened need Klavi avatar BADLY!
Location: In a place where Klavilami, Klavilana, and Sassyhobo run free and Klavier slowdances with Iris

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Writer Awakened »

Lord Seth wrote:
Spoiler: 4-4 and 2-4
Was I the only one tremendously disappointed by how anticlimactic case 4-4 was? In all the previous final cases, it was an uphill battle and when you managed to barely emerge victorious, it felt satisfactory. Here you barely even begin to chip away at Kristoph when suddenly it's "Well, you don't have to do anymore, it's in the hands of the jurors!" I really felt you didn't earn that freakout on Kristoph's part. And I felt it was lame they made the final question something as pathetically easy as guilty/not guilty. It makes me pine for something like 2-4, where even if it was easy to figure out what to do at the end (at least in my opinion), it didn't verge on being as easy as "what's one plus one?" and the traditional "freakout" (in this case, Engarde) felt like you really earned it.


Yeah, the anti-climax was one of the big reasons that AA4 was one of my least favorites. Case 1 was good in that regard, but in both 4-2 and 4-3 it was way too easy to corner the murderer (not to mention we know it's Daryan by the end of the first day in 4-3!)

And yes, 4-4 was very disappointing, especially since Kristoph was already in prison for life after killing Zak. And again, it was far too easy to get him to cave in. The decision in 2-4 was much more dramatic because at that point you (as the player) don't know what to do. In 4-4, it's pretty obvious what the "right" thing to do.
Bruce Goldberg
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:16 am
Custom Title: Weeeeeee!!!!!
Location: Back to making donuts and slides everywhere...

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Bruce Goldberg »

Mia_Fey wrote:Okay, the game is great, but there are a couple things that have me confused.
Spoiler: 4-1,4-4
First, why was Zak so determined to ruin Phoenix when they played poker? He didn't seem angry and in fact repeatedly said he was grateful to him, besides ruining Phoenix's reputation was going to end up hurting Trucy as both she and Phoenix relied on the money he made there. I just don't get the why behind his actions.
Second, why doesn't Zak show Phoenix the real notebook page in the time before the trial that cost Phoenix his badge (he got it from his mentor the night of the murder so he clearly had it)? Wouldn't have showing it have helped the case (and not to mention protected Phoenix as he would have had two of the same page and realized something was very wrong). I assume that had Zak gotten off, he wouldn't have kept those tricks under wraps, so I have trouble understanding why bringing the fact that he inherited them out a bit early would have done anything but help the situation. It might not have been definitive proof that Zak didn't kill his mentor, but it would certainly show that the meeting had been on good terms (and could have been used to back up the story that he shot the toy which was what he was supposed to do and that is why he got the tricks) and therefore would make it less likely that Zak killed his mentor.


Okay...after playing it again and gathering my thoughts, here's what I thought.

Spoiler: Zak's actions
1) I'm assuming that when he said this, this was when they met at the Borsch Bowl Club. I suppose it's a front for any customer that happened to hear them out as you really don't want to talk about stuff that isn't supposed to be talked. After all, why would you turn up to the Borsch Bowl Club and not get a meal? Defeat the infamous poker face, of course.

2) Remember what Zak said when he revealed to Phoenix? He said that he didn't want to reveal the page in protection of Valant. If he did reveal the page, then the suspicion on who murdered Magnifi would almost certainly fall on Valant as he had a legitimate motive for murder. Plus he did say that he couldn't reveal this page as it could also be used against another trial. But I've already blabbed enough.
LordQuadros
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:32 am
Custom Title: King of Braves

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by LordQuadros »

Mia_Fey wrote:Okay, the game is great, but there are a couple things that have me confused.
Spoiler: 4-1,4-4
First, why was Zak so determined to ruin Phoenix when they played poker? He didn't seem angry and in fact repeatedly said he was grateful to him, besides ruining Phoenix's reputation was going to end up hurting Trucy as both she and Phoenix relied on the money he made there. I just don't get the why behind his actions.
Second, why doesn't Zak show Phoenix the real notebook page in the time before the trial that cost Phoenix his badge (he got it from his mentor the night of the murder so he clearly had it)? Wouldn't have showing it have helped the case (and not to mention protected Phoenix as he would have had two of the same page and realized something was very wrong). I assume that had Zak gotten off, he wouldn't have kept those tricks under wraps, so I have trouble understanding why bringing the fact that he inherited them out a bit early would have done anything but help the situation. It might not have been definitive proof that Zak didn't kill his mentor, but it would certainly show that the meeting had been on good terms (and could have been used to back up the story that he shot the toy which was what he was supposed to do and that is why he got the tricks) and therefore would make it less likely that Zak killed his mentor.


Spoiler: 4-4
During the MASON System sequence, if you present something to Zak outside the psyche-lock breaking (I think it was the locket), he says that enough is enough, and despite all Phoenix has done for him, he can't stand losing a game of poker (Or something along those lines). There is the possibility that he's just so petty that he'd stoop to that level. Wouldn't really be too shocking. After all, Kristoph came across as a fairly nice guy at first.
Teej
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:03 am
Custom Title: Model A

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Teej »

Spoiler: 4-4
The ending for AA4 was actually one of my favorites in the series. Gavin is positive he has finally, and completely, beaten Phoenix, and Apollo is know 100% sure he has lost due to lack of evidence. When the jury system is announced again, it really feels great to see Gavin finally get what he deserves through means of Phoenix's attempt to fix the law system....the same system that took his badge away 7 years prior. Great ending IMO.
Image
X Gamer 66
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:01 am
Custom Title: Don't touch that canned cheese

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by X Gamer 66 »

Game was really awesome. It seemed overall easier than the other three PW games, tough.

A few things kinda bugged me though:
Spoiler: Entire game
-Where the hell are all the past characters? Why aren't Maya and Pearl with Phoenix anymore? Where's Edgeworth? Did Franziska go back to Germany or reside in the US? What happened to Larry? I can understand that they may have all drifted away after 7 years, but they didn't explain any of it.

I guess Maya would've gone back to Kurain to become the new master and Pearl would've gone with her. I don't know about the others though.

I don't mind their absences, I just wish they'd add a few extra lines of dialog to explain where they are know. Or at least say something like "What happened to [x person]? It's a mystery." The fact that they didn't even acknowledge their existence was a bit disappointing. They aren't even seen/mentioned in the flashback trial, so their disappearances must have been soon after T&T.

Hopefully some of these characters are re-met/explained in GS5.

-Lana Skye. After Ema's return i was sure there'd be a dramatic reunion of some sort :V

-Also, this one's not that major, but this is the first PW game Mrs. Oldbag didn't appear in at all. :<

-One more, this was a graphical thing. They should've completely redone Klavier's sprites for the flashback case. He was huge :S Though I'm not at all surprised they didn't. It was a rather brief appearance and most people aren't that picky. >>;


Still, the game was great.
DetectiveTomDamron
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 965
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:35 am

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by DetectiveTomDamron »

I cant believe the miracle never happen returns XD I just clicked guilty and found out what happens then my exact words were WOW! Holy crap! oh and Kristoph= Goku XD
Image
DakTuh
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:57 am
Custom Title: HoBo

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by DakTuh »

X Gamer 66 wrote:Game was really awesome. It seemed overall easier than the other three PW games, tough.

A few things kinda bugged me though:
Spoiler: Entire game
-Where the hell are all the past characters? Why aren't Maya and Pearl with Phoenix anymore? Where's Edgeworth? Did Franziska go back to Germany or reside in the US? What happened to Larry? I can understand that they may have all drifted away after 7 years, but they didn't explain any of it.

I guess Maya would've gone back to Kurain to become the new master and Pearl would've gone with her. I don't know about the others though.

I don't mind their absences, I just wish they'd add a few extra lines of dialog to explain where they are know. Or at least say something like "What happened to [x person]? It's a mystery." The fact that they didn't even acknowledge their existence was a bit disappointing. They aren't even seen/mentioned in the flashback trial, so their disappearances must have been soon after T&T.

Hopefully some of these characters are re-met/explained in GS5.

-Lana Skye. After Ema's return i was sure there'd be a dramatic reunion of some sort :V

-Also, this one's not that major, but this is the first PW game Mrs. Oldbag didn't appear in at all. :<

-One more, this was a graphical thing. They should've completely redone Klavier's sprites for the flashback case. He was huge :S Though I'm not at all surprised they didn't. It was a rather brief appearance and most people aren't that picky. >>;


Still, the game was great.


I'm sure that some of the older characters will come back in GS5.

Spoiler: 4-2
And remember that old lady in front of the park during 4-2 who was swindling money from officers? She sure felt like Oldbag....lol. >>;
Aevitas
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 829
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:30 am
Location: somewhere in La-La Land
Contact:

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Aevitas »

DakTuh wrote:
X Gamer 66 wrote:Game was really awesome. It seemed overall easier than the other three PW games, tough.

A few things kinda bugged me though:
Spoiler: Entire game
-Where the hell are all the past characters? Why aren't Maya and Pearl with Phoenix anymore? Where's Edgeworth? Did Franziska go back to Germany or reside in the US? What happened to Larry? I can understand that they may have all drifted away after 7 years, but they didn't explain any of it.

I guess Maya would've gone back to Kurain to become the new master and Pearl would've gone with her. I don't know about the others though.

I don't mind their absences, I just wish they'd add a few extra lines of dialog to explain where they are know. Or at least say something like "What happened to [x person]? It's a mystery." The fact that they didn't even acknowledge their existence was a bit disappointing. They aren't even seen/mentioned in the flashback trial, so their disappearances must have been soon after T&T.

Hopefully some of these characters are re-met/explained in GS5.

-Lana Skye. After Ema's return i was sure there'd be a dramatic reunion of some sort :V

-Also, this one's not that major, but this is the first PW game Mrs. Oldbag didn't appear in at all. :<

-One more, this was a graphical thing. They should've completely redone Klavier's sprites for the flashback case. He was huge :S Though I'm not at all surprised they didn't. It was a rather brief appearance and most people aren't that picky. >>;


Still, the game was great.


I'm sure that some of the older characters will come back in GS5.

Spoiler: 4-2
And remember that old lady in front of the park during 4-2 who was swindling money from officers? She sure felt like Oldbag....lol. >>;


Agreed. And I thought that was Oldbag too... or would have been. xD

I mentioned this in another thread, but did anyone else think of another certain villain when Kristoph screamed, "WRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTTTT"? :chinami:

And wow, the Blue Badger got really popular in this game. Cameos everywhere! More cameos than the PW characters even! :larry:
tuntis
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:12 am

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by tuntis »

Spoiler: 4-4
Does anybody else think the "Jury system" was a hasty decision (seeing that "they're in another room" and no graphics were made for them) to allow "not guilty" without decisive evidence?
Insert fangirl-ish signature here full of Photoshop glamour.
Gerkuman
Admin
Admin
Posts: 2504
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:02 am
Custom Title: What is my liiiife?!?
Location: UK

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Gerkuman »

Actually it's pretty easy for a verdict of not guilty to be made. You see, the burden of proof is usually on the prosecution, not the defence; if there is ANY REASON for you to doubt that they commited the crime, then you should vote not guilty. The prosecutors have to prove beyond all possible doubt that the defendant did it, or they lose.

Of course, the old system put all the burden of proof on the the defence, but in 4-4...
Spoiler: Sorta Spoilery
Nick tells us that if we think that there is a possibility someone else did it, then we should vote not guilty.
arimnaes
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:32 pm
Custom Title: Morally Objectionable
Location: The Court of Public Opinion

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by arimnaes »

Can someone explain the stepladder reference to me? I don't remember anything about stepladders in the first three games...
Allan's Aokage
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:14 pm
Custom Title: Four is Death
Location: Wales. That little place next to England.

Re: GS4 Spoiler Discussion

Post by Allan's Aokage »

arimnaes wrote:Can someone explain the stepladder reference to me? I don't remember anything about stepladders in the first three games...

1-3, Studio One.

Investigate the stepladder in there.
Post Reply