Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
-
L~A
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1109
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
If you wanted to see what the game looks like... in-game, I just found two new videos.
>> http://portables.p-nintendo.com/news/N-1064076199.html
The graphic style is pretty good, but I couldn't say so for the music (it's obviously not Satoshi Okubo's work... is it? :s), and for the sounds (which are pretty annoying in my opinion...).
>> http://portables.p-nintendo.com/news/N-1064076199.html
The graphic style is pretty good, but I couldn't say so for the music (it's obviously not Satoshi Okubo's work... is it? :s), and for the sounds (which are pretty annoying in my opinion...).
Last edited by L~A on Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.



-
Bolt Storm
- Admin

- Posts: 3303
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm
- Custom Title: 元・超会社員級の管理人
- Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
It's out in Japan now, though I haven't heard any reviews.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!
Wooster wrote:If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
-
Marche Tobaye
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
- Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
- Location: Sweden
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
When exactly was it released?
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
-
Rov
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3035
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 12:44 pm
- Custom Title: AKA Dr. Bokchoy
- Location: Ontario, Canada
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
It was released on December 10th. Still aren't any reviews, or even a Wikipedia article, though.
-
L~A
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1109
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Good news!
We finally have a release date for the game, at least in the US!
American DS will get the game on the 30th or March! As for Europe, we still don't know... Personally, I DO hope Play-Asia will get the game soon enough, so I can pre-order it :p
And one more thing... we have a new trailer, in English this time. But don't forget... beware your past
(And this time, it's an official trailer... not like with HD's one, a few days ago :p)
We finally have a release date for the game, at least in the US!
American DS will get the game on the 30th or March! As for Europe, we still don't know... Personally, I DO hope Play-Asia will get the game soon enough, so I can pre-order it :p
And one more thing... we have a new trailer, in English this time. But don't forget... beware your past

(And this time, it's an official trailer... not like with HD's one, a few days ago :p)



-
Wooster
- Admin

- Posts: 3449
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
- Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
*Sets aside large wads of cash for CiNG*

Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
-
Marche Tobaye
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
- Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
- Location: Sweden
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Hrmm, maybe I will import it.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
-
L~A
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1109
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Wooster wrote:*Sets aside large wads of cash for CiNG*
Ah ah, exact same thing here.
I really hope Play-Asia will get it eventually, because even though Amazon.com does ship it to France, it would cost almost twice the original price to do so =__=



-
L~A
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1109
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Sorry, for the double-post but... Again is finally available for pre-order on Play-Asia!
For all people not living in the US, or Europeans not wishing to wait for months before the European release (it hasn't even been formerly announced yet...), you'll find the game here!
Here Cing, some more cash for ya guys.
And looking at the pictures on PA, it really makes me think of a 'live-action' version of Hotel Dusk, well, sort of...
I really can't wait for that game. Hopefully, I'll be done with AAI by the time the game is released :)
For all people not living in the US, or Europeans not wishing to wait for months before the European release (it hasn't even been formerly announced yet...), you'll find the game here!
Here Cing, some more cash for ya guys.
And looking at the pictures on PA, it really makes me think of a 'live-action' version of Hotel Dusk, well, sort of...
I really can't wait for that game. Hopefully, I'll be done with AAI by the time the game is released :)



-
Marche Tobaye
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
- Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
- Location: Sweden
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Thanks for suggesting Play-Asia, L~A, I'll try it out.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
-
Hybori
- Suspect

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:12 am
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
L~A wrote:Sorry, for the double-post but... Again is finally available for pre-order on Play-Asia!
For all people not living in the US, or Europeans not wishing to wait for months before the European release (it hasn't even been formerly announced yet...), you'll find the game here!
Here Cing, some more cash for ya guys.
And looking at the pictures on PA, it really makes me think of a 'live-action' version of Hotel Dusk, well, sort of...
I really can't wait for that game. Hopefully, I'll be done with AAI by the time the game is released :)
I used to like Play-Asia but now they want me to comfirmed about the Creditcard thingy. And I don't have a printer.

-
L~A
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1109
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
To confirm what? I've never had any trouble ordering from Play-Asia with my credit card, and I've never been asked to print anything...
Still, Play-Asia do support the 'Verified by Visa' thingy (dunno what it's called for Mastercards), but 1) it's not mandatory, 2) you don't need to print anything, really...
I've already bought quite a lot of games/CD/DVD from them, and it's really been great :)
Still, Play-Asia do support the 'Verified by Visa' thingy (dunno what it's called for Mastercards), but 1) it's not mandatory, 2) you don't need to print anything, really...
Thanks for suggesting Play-Asia, L~A, I'll try it out.
I've already bought quite a lot of games/CD/DVD from them, and it's really been great :)



-
laurexlicious
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 90
- Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:43 pm
- Custom Title: Sushi will kill you!
- Location: The Netherlands
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Only five days to go! 

-
Wooster
- Admin

- Posts: 3449
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
- Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Bit late, but I finally put my preorder in on Amazon. (And for Ghost Trick)

Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
-
Bad Player
- Moderators

- Posts: 6932
- Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm
- Custom Title: 1000% Knight
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
I actually wasn't sure about getting this, considering how there hasn't been much news about it... But I gotta show my love and support for CiNG!! I'm actually kinda glad I forgot about it, as now I don't have to go through such a huge length of time waiting for it to come out 


Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
-
L~A
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1109
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Wooster wrote:Bit late, but I finally put my preorder in on Amazon. (And for Ghost Trick)
Ah ah, well, it was very close, as in a few hours, you wouldn't have been able to do so.
I'm so glad the game is released tomorrow in the US... I'm counting on you to tell us your first impressions on the game, without spoiling us of course :)
Personally, I really hope to receive my copy from Play-Asia as quickly as I did for AAI (that is, 7 days from the day it was shipped). I tried looking on Amazon.com to pre-order it (before it was available on PA), and it looks like they finally take orders from oversea... but the shipping fees are simply abusive... it would have cost me about twice the price of the game!
As for Ghost Trick, does Amazon.com have a release date? Strangely enough, PA says 'September 2010'... it's been there for quite a while, though, so I'm not sure what to think about this, especially since PA is usually pretty up-to-date, as far as release dates are concerned.
Unfortunately, they don't take pre-orders yet... I do hope we won't have to wait too long for it.
I actually wasn't sure about getting this, considering how there hasn't been much news about it... But I gotta show my love and support for CiNG!! I'm actually kinda glad I forgot about it, as now I don't have to go through such a huge length of time waiting for it to come out
And that's why it's pretty like it will make a flop... I mean, I've never hoped to be wrong about something sooo badly (especially since Cing's bankrupt), but...
I guess it's ok, Again is released tomorrow, it's not the right time to be depressed




-
Wooster
- Admin

- Posts: 3449
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
- Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
L~A wrote:Wooster wrote:Bit late, but I finally put my preorder in on Amazon. (And for Ghost Trick)
Ah ah, well, it was very close, as in a few hours, you wouldn't have been able to do so.
I'm so glad the game is released tomorrow in the US... I'm counting on you to tell us your first impressions on the game, without spoiling us of course :)
Personally, I really hope to receive my copy from Play-Asia as quickly as I did for AAI (that is, 7 days from the day it was shipped). I tried looking on Amazon.com to pre-order it (before it was available on PA), and it looks like they finally take orders from oversea... but the shipping fees are simply abusive... it would have cost me about twice the price of the game!![]()
As for Ghost Trick, does Amazon.com have a release date? Strangely enough, PA says 'September 2010'... it's been there for quite a while, though, so I'm not sure what to think about this, especially since PA is usually pretty up-to-date, as far as release dates are concerned.
Unfortunately, they don't take pre-orders yet... I do hope we won't have to wait too long for it.I actually wasn't sure about getting this, considering how there hasn't been much news about it... But I gotta show my love and support for CiNG!! I'm actually kinda glad I forgot about it, as now I don't have to go through such a huge length of time waiting for it to come out
And that's why it's pretty like it will make a flop... I mean, I've never hoped to be wrong about something sooo badly (especially since Cing's bankrupt), but...
I guess it's ok, Again is released tomorrow, it's not the right time to be depressed
Haha, I may be a CiNG fan, but I'm also a compulsive cheapskate. So I got the least expensive shipping. I'm not due to get my copy of Again until April 5th. But knowing CiNG, I'll have plenty to gloat about. =)
Mmm, according to Amazon, Ghost Trick's due out September 28th. I'm not saying that release date is the most credible thing out there, but if I'm planning on buying it anyways; might as well pre-order it, even this early.
Yeah, Again is setup for disappointing sales without any review time. Hopefully we can 'turnabout' that forecast.

Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
-
L~A
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1109
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
6 days to receive the game with Amazon? Waouh, that's a lot... in France, you usually get it 3 days after you've placed the order (sometimes more because of week-ends of course), and that's the cheapest shipping method. Unless you have a 'super-very economical shipping method' in the US?
And I'm quite like you actually, always taking the cheapest shipping. Mind you, with PA, I don't have much choice, since the other shipping methods are soooo expensive... and you get to pay for customs fees too. And I don't want to repeat the "fiasco" of the Japanese GS Artbook... (I had to pay 21€ of custom fees: 3€ of VTA, and... 18€ of 'set-up fees'. Come on, seriously =_=)
I'm trying to see if I'm not going to buy a second copy, for a friend... Think, I can convince another one to buy it, though I doubt it would change anything. But I really want to help Cing...
And I'm quite like you actually, always taking the cheapest shipping. Mind you, with PA, I don't have much choice, since the other shipping methods are soooo expensive... and you get to pay for customs fees too. And I don't want to repeat the "fiasco" of the Japanese GS Artbook... (I had to pay 21€ of custom fees: 3€ of VTA, and... 18€ of 'set-up fees'. Come on, seriously =_=)
Yeah, Again is setup for disappointing sales without any review time. Hopefully we can 'turnabout' that forecast.
I'm trying to see if I'm not going to buy a second copy, for a friend... Think, I can convince another one to buy it, though I doubt it would change anything. But I really want to help Cing...



-
Wooster
- Admin

- Posts: 3449
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
- Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Close, but our cornily named freebie shipping is called "Super Saver Shipping". I get to totally forgo the shipping cost in exchange for a later release date, a general minimum of an additional 5 days waiting. Could've gotten it in the 2-3 day shipping, but for an additional $4 or so. Granted, the fee is somewhat trivial, but it's not like I've got a deadline to play the game. (That's not however saying that I won't be chewing on my fingers in anticipation the whole time though).
I'll be trying to get my friends on LJ to try the game out, but I think I'd be doing a better job there if I actually got to play the game first.
I'll be trying to get my friends on LJ to try the game out, but I think I'd be doing a better job there if I actually got to play the game first.

Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
-
Bad Player
- Moderators

- Posts: 6932
- Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm
- Custom Title: 1000% Knight
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Just pre-ordered it. Super Saving Shipping ftw!
We will have an April 5th Again party :3
(Although I've found that I actually get stuff from Amazon a lot quicker; I've had stuff come in two days with super saving shipping xD)
We will have an April 5th Again party :3
(Although I've found that I actually get stuff from Amazon a lot quicker; I've had stuff come in two days with super saving shipping xD)

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
-
L~A
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1109
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Wooster wrote:Could've gotten it in the 2-3 day shipping, but for an additional $4 or so.
What the...? The 2-3 day shipping is free on Amazon.fr! Maybe it's because the US are a much more larger country (or a union of states to be more precise), si maybe that's why it's more expensive?



-
Marche Tobaye
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2434
- Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
- Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
- Location: Sweden
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
So, how is the game?
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
-
L~A
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1109
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Man, I forgot it was to be released today =_=
I was so focused on tomorrow's exam, I forgot Again was released today in the US... (though yesterday I was all 'OMFGWTZZORGL, Again is released tomorrow!') Play-Asia doesn't seem to have it right now, though I think they should by tomorrow... hope I'll wake up, and see a nice little email telling me the game has just been shipped, and should arrive in my nice little letter box next week, so that hopefully, I'll have time to play it during the holidays, or at least, to finish it before the final exams, in Early May.
Oh, I can't wait to play this game... even though I was quite skeptical when I first saw it, I... well, I'm sure I'll enjoy it :)
And oh, ALL HAIL CING!
Edit: waouh... 'Usually ships in 2 to 4 weeks' on Amazon.com... looks like they don't have many copies in stock... Only #637 in Video-games, and #24 in Video Games > Nintendo DS > Adventure.
Come on everyone, show Cing some love, will ya?
I was so focused on tomorrow's exam, I forgot Again was released today in the US... (though yesterday I was all 'OMFGWTZZORGL, Again is released tomorrow!') Play-Asia doesn't seem to have it right now, though I think they should by tomorrow... hope I'll wake up, and see a nice little email telling me the game has just been shipped, and should arrive in my nice little letter box next week, so that hopefully, I'll have time to play it during the holidays, or at least, to finish it before the final exams, in Early May.
Oh, I can't wait to play this game... even though I was quite skeptical when I first saw it, I... well, I'm sure I'll enjoy it :)
And oh, ALL HAIL CING!
Edit: waouh... 'Usually ships in 2 to 4 weeks' on Amazon.com... looks like they don't have many copies in stock... Only #637 in Video-games, and #24 in Video Games > Nintendo DS > Adventure.
Come on everyone, show Cing some love, will ya?




-
Wooster
- Admin

- Posts: 3449
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
- Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
I trust you'll be willing to give us those first impressions; I can't wait to see what CiNG has done.

Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
-
Wooster
- Admin

- Posts: 3449
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
- Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Just learned a couple of interesting things today.
First, there's a USA Again website. I'll be ripping it when I get to school tomorrow; technically I should be prepping for my Java test tomorrow.
http://www.againmystery.com/againmystery/index.html
Second, there's a series of Again eBooks.
http://www.myebook.com/index.php?option=ebook&id=29612
Strangely, it's web based, so you can't download and put it in your Kindle or eReader of choice. And it's flash on top of it. May decide to rip that too.
First, there's a USA Again website. I'll be ripping it when I get to school tomorrow; technically I should be prepping for my Java test tomorrow.
http://www.againmystery.com/againmystery/index.html
Second, there's a series of Again eBooks.
http://www.myebook.com/index.php?option=ebook&id=29612
Strangely, it's web based, so you can't download and put it in your Kindle or eReader of choice. And it's flash on top of it. May decide to rip that too.

Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
-
L~A
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1109
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Spoiler:
But the site looks kinda cool. I'm really intrigued by those 'ebooks'... aren't they some sort of script of the game?
Or a brand new 'novel' based on the game? I didn't hear about such a thing about the Japanese website... is it an US-only things, or what? Anyway, I'm really looking forward to your rip!
By the way, I'm quite worried that Play-Asia still doesn't have the game in stock yet... especially since Amazon.com itself doesn't seem to have that many copies...



-
ashogo
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 130
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Thanks for the links Wooster. Website is sort of interesting, was that a new trailer? The ebook seems like it was just part of the game script, complete with music cues and branching dialogue trees.
L~A, you have to wait a bit for the background of the text to appear on the character page for some reason. Becomes readable then.
I'm still holding out on this game because I'm not too sure on the spot-the-differences gameplay and new art style. I'll look forward to people's impressions.
L~A, you have to wait a bit for the background of the text to appear on the character page for some reason. Becomes readable then.
I'm still holding out on this game because I'm not too sure on the spot-the-differences gameplay and new art style. I'll look forward to people's impressions.
-
L~A
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1109
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
No, the trailer on the website isn't a new one, but the video is. And I think you're right about the ebook. I thought it would've been quite surprising if they had written an ebook especially for the US release... and what's more, made it free...
And yeah, I know about the background, it just never appeared the first time I visited the website... so weird.
And Play-Asia finally has the game in stock! But it's shipped in 5-15 days, which means they don't have many copies in stock either... oh, no I'm sure I'll never get it before the end of the holidays....
Edit:
Ah! Maybe that's why my order wasn't shipped yesterday...?
And yeah, I know about the background, it just never appeared the first time I visited the website... so weird.
And Play-Asia finally has the game in stock! But it's shipped in 5-15 days, which means they don't have many copies in stock either... oh, no I'm sure I'll never get it before the end of the holidays....

Edit:
Play-Asia.com had the annual stock count today - all in-stock orders from today will be shipped tomorrow (April 1)!
Ah! Maybe that's why my order wasn't shipped yesterday...?



-
Jesswee
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 429
- Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:21 am
- Custom Title: Hate is Bad :(
- Location: La la land~
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
The game should arrive in my mailbox sometime next week :3

-
L~A
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1109
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Yeah, same for me. The game was shipped yesterday, what a nice thing to see when coming back home than reading that email :)
I really hope I receive it before the end of next week, so I can have enough time to savour it like Hell during the "holidays"...
Have your copy shipped yet, Wooster?
And oh, I know I've already said that in Trial Minutes, but I really love the new banner. And I dunno why, but the actors have kinda grew on me, especially the two main protagonists.
I really hope I receive it before the end of next week, so I can have enough time to savour it like Hell during the "holidays"...
Have your copy shipped yet, Wooster?
And oh, I know I've already said that in Trial Minutes, but I really love the new banner. And I dunno why, but the actors have kinda grew on me, especially the two main protagonists.



-
Wooster
- Admin

- Posts: 3449
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
- Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
L~A wrote:Yeah, same for me. The game was shipped yesterday, what a nice thing to see when coming back home than reading that email :)
I really hope I receive it before the end of next week, so I can have enough time to savour it like Hell during the "holidays"...
Have your copy shipped yet, Wooster?
And oh, I know I've already said that in Trial Minutes, but I really love the new banner. And I dunno why, but the actors have kinda grew on me, especially the two main protagonists.
Mine just says Shipping by April 5th. So yeah, that's not even the delivery date.
Haha, and that's the power of marketing. See something often and long enough and you're attached.

Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
-
ashogo
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 130
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
well, I've found some less-than-stellar impressions:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa ... c=54146979
Spoiler: "wall o' text"
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa ... c=54146979
-
L~A
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1109
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Yeah, that's not surprising the translation isn't too good, it looks like Tecmo did it themselves, and frankly, I don't trust anyone but Nintendo to do great translations of Cings games. But that's the problem of translation... A great translation takes a freaking lot of time, and an even more aweful freaking lot of money. But I'm not that worried. I knew the translation wouldn't be as good as other Cing's games :)
As for the game itself, I never expected it to be like HD personally, I mean, the art style chosen made it pretty clear from the very beginning.
I'm really looking forward to read the credits in the booklet... I want to know who made what (especially the music).
As for the game itself, I never expected it to be like HD personally, I mean, the art style chosen made it pretty clear from the very beginning.
I'm really looking forward to read the credits in the booklet... I want to know who made what (especially the music).



-
Hybori
- Suspect

- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:12 am
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
ashogo wrote:well, I've found some less-than-stellar impressions:Spoiler: "wall o' text"
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa ... c=54146979
Graaaaaaah!?
I'd thought I finally found another good Novel Based Game.. But I guess I was wrong..
There's like, totally less Novel Base games for the DS. ( Yes, I like Novel Based type of games) I thought this game was gonna be awesome since it was semi made by Cing...And there's Tecimo.
Oh well, time to see if Last Windows will be out in US anytime soon..
Oh and ack, I just ordered Again: Eye of Providence in CR. Maybe I'll like it..Who knows

-
L~A
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1109
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
No, the game is entirely developped by Cing, Tecmo is just the editor... and hence, they had to translate the game in the US.
I know they said the game would be released in Europe, but highly doubt it ever will, especially since the game is doomed to have awful (and justified?) sales.
Personally, I'll wait to have the game in my hands before making any kind of judgement :)
I know they said the game would be released in Europe, but highly doubt it ever will, especially since the game is doomed to have awful (and justified?) sales.
Personally, I'll wait to have the game in my hands before making any kind of judgement :)



-
Wooster
- Admin

- Posts: 3449
- Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
- Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
- Location: Connecticut
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Man, that looks like it could be a recipe for major embarrassment if the review is true. I'd feel bad if I were to promote a game that really didn't keep up with the hight standards I've held CiNG to all this time. But one thing I'm unsure on, is the game itself supposed to be bad or is the story telling mediocre? I read a lot so I can deal with a low story to gaming ratio, but if the story itself is bad then eep.
Anyways, my copy has shipped. I'll get mine on Thursday. CiNG don't let me down.
Anyways, my copy has shipped. I'll get mine on Thursday. CiNG don't let me down.

Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
-
L~A
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1109
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
I read a lot so I can deal with a low story to gaming ratio,
Same here; That's probably why I enjoyed Another Code: R so much, whereas a lot of people complained it was too boring, with all the text... I mean, that's precisely the point of the game, all those dialogues. To be able to watch the different personalities of the different characters come to light, see them changing while interacting with them, etc... that's what makes Another Code: R such a great game, especially since the characters are really well written.
What kinda worries me about Again is not so much the story, but rather the translation. Even the greatest story can sound really dull if the translation is bad, or not ambitious enough...
It would be really weird for Cing to completely 'f*ck up' a game like this. Especially since they had a year more to develop the game (which was supposed to be released in 2009, remember?).
Anyways, my copy has shipped. I'll get mine on Thursday. CiNG don't let me down.
Ah ah, guess I'll have to rely on you to have first-had impressions.
Found another review, by Nintendo Power (the only one I could find! Come on, the game is gonna make the greatest flop ever seen in gaming history ;__;)
.Still, they're a fresh new twist that really make use of the DS hardware and, along with a good story/dialog, make picking up Again an open-and-shut case for budding crime-solvers with a taste for the unusual. (70/100)



-
OniXera
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 389
- Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 5:44 am
- Custom Title: Criticus Maximus
- Location: Australia
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Hm, I'm glad I didn't put that pre-order down then. I had originally considered it, but as the previews and stuff started rolling in, I reconsidered locking in my $50 (lolAustralia).
If these reviews are surely true, I'll probably only buy the game now if I have some spare cash on me and I see it in stock somewhere, like EB Games.
If these reviews are surely true, I'll probably only buy the game now if I have some spare cash on me and I see it in stock somewhere, like EB Games.
-
Bad Player
- Moderators

- Posts: 6932
- Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:06 pm
- Custom Title: 1000% Knight
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
lol'd when that review mentioned expected a good sequel to Hotel Dusk. I'm expected a good sequel to HD in LW :P
Anyway, I'm hoping the game will be good, but even if it isn't... As long as it's bearable, and it shows support to CiNG (and help us get LW), I'm cool with it :) I don't mind lots of dialogue... If I did, I wouldn't be here, on a Hotel Dusk section of a Phoenix Wright forum xD
(And even if it does totally suck, I'm pretty good at just accepting things :P)
Also, I'm supposed to get my copy on Wednesday. Take that, Wooster!!
Anyway, I'm hoping the game will be good, but even if it isn't... As long as it's bearable, and it shows support to CiNG (and help us get LW), I'm cool with it :) I don't mind lots of dialogue... If I did, I wouldn't be here, on a Hotel Dusk section of a Phoenix Wright forum xD
(And even if it does totally suck, I'm pretty good at just accepting things :P)
Also, I'm supposed to get my copy on Wednesday. Take that, Wooster!!

Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!
-
L~A
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1109
- Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
- Contact:
Re: Another game by CiNG - Again: Eye of Providence
Also, I'm supposed to get my copy on Wednesday. Take that, Wooster!!
Hum.... he's supposed to receive his copy on Thursday... just realised it would be, normally, the same day as me!
But I wouldn't be surprised if he receives it on Wednesday. I've always received my amazon orders one day before the one indicated in the ETA.
And I don't think the game will 'suck'... not as good as people with extremely high expectations did, that's for sure, but I don't think it will suck at all. I mean, when I read some reviews for Another Code: R, and compare them to how much I loved that game... I know I shouldn't worry too much.





