"I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

It took 6 years, but the fifth main Ace Attorney game has arrived! Dust off your attorney's badges and chat Dual Destinies here.
Post Reply
User avatar
TheIdioteque
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:11 am
Location: Alabama

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by TheIdioteque »

Ash wrote:
ADA McCoy wrote:2. Does Ema Skye appear in the game at all? Please do not give any story details; Just a "yes or no" would be great.
Spoiler:
No
3. Does Fransiska Von karma appear in the game at all? Please do not give any story details; Just a "yes" or "no" would be great.
Spoiler:
No
Gold wrote:
Spoiler: Lategame spoilers(?)
Does an older Maya shows up, other than the flashback ?
Spoiler:
No
Flying walrus wrote:Lastly, how long is the game? If you could post your exact playtime
Spoiler:
18 hours
AmethystnoHoshi wrote:Also
Spoiler:
what is the deal about Apollo and Phoenix splitting up?
Spoiler:
Apollo's on the trail of something that kinda forces him to leave the agency[/vague]
Thane wrote:Someone has to ask this:
Spoiler: About Apollo Justice
Does Apollo find out that he and Trucy are related or who his mother is? Does he realize Phoenix kept that information from him?
Spoiler:
No
ATeaAtLaw wrote:1) Does Gumshoe appear in the game? Or is he referenced?
Spoiler:
No
2) What case does Edgeworth play in? Just the case number will do, no details please.
Spoiler:
5
3) Any reference to Kay or any of the AAI gang, including Franziska?
Spoiler:
No
5) Is Mia channelled at any point?
Spoiler:
No
6) Is Iris referenced in the game?
Spoiler:
No
8) Does Larry appear in the game? Or is he referenced?
Spoiler:
No
[/quote]
Spoiler:
I hate to say it, but all those no's have made my anticipation for the game go down a bit. :/
Blademaster_Orca
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:06 am
Custom Title: Master of sharp things!
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Blademaster_Orca »

TheIdioteque wrote:I hate to say it, but all those no's have made my anticipation for the game go down a bit. :/[/spoiler]
Why does that have to be the case? Just because certain characters don't return doesn't mean the game is any lesser because of it.
Image
Voodoo Lady
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:42 am
Custom Title: Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy
Location: USA

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Voodoo Lady »

Are there any characters in this game who weren't revealed in the pre-release material, and if so, are there pics of them?
Voodoo Sprites
I do some graphics for Conflict of Interest.
GyakutenGodot
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:36 pm
Custom Title: Godot's the Man

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by GyakutenGodot »

Voodoo Lady wrote:Are there any characters in this game who weren't revealed in the pre-release material, and if so, are there pics of them?
Correct me if Im wrong but do you mean, "Are there any returning characters in this game who weren't revealed in the pre-release material."
I mean clearly there are other characters in the game...
Image
icer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2197
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by icer »

Spoiler: About Apollo Justice
Does Apollo find out that he and Trucy are related or who his mother is? Does he realize Phoenix kept that information from him?
Spoiler: A
No
Spoiler: Regarding that?
Does the game itself mention Apollo and Trucy are related, like Phoenix knows or something?
Q: So what was the detail of this 'promise/reason' they kept mentioning about 'why' Phoenix returned to court?
Image
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]
Voodoo Lady
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:42 am
Custom Title: Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy
Location: USA

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Voodoo Lady »

GyakutenGodot wrote:
Voodoo Lady wrote:Are there any characters in this game who weren't revealed in the pre-release material, and if so, are there pics of them?
Correct me if Im wrong but do you mean, "Are there any returning characters in this game who weren't revealed in the pre-release material."
I mean clearly there are other characters in the game...
I couldn't care less about the returning characters. I'd like to know if there are any new characters that weren't in the promotional material.
Voodoo Sprites
I do some graphics for Conflict of Interest.
DonteTheDA
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:12 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by DonteTheDA »

Voodoo Lady wrote:
GyakutenGodot wrote:
Voodoo Lady wrote:Are there any characters in this game who weren't revealed in the pre-release material, and if so, are there pics of them?
Correct me if Im wrong but do you mean, "Are there any returning characters in this game who weren't revealed in the pre-release material."
I mean clearly there are other characters in the game...
I couldn't care less about the returning characters. I'd like to know if there are any new characters that weren't in the promotional material.
Oh, yeah, there's tons, actually.
Popo-Licious
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:33 am
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Popo-Licious »

Klavier question! :kyouya:
Spoiler:
Does Klavier appear outside of Case 3 at all?
User avatar
TheIdioteque
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:11 am
Location: Alabama

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by TheIdioteque »

Blademaster_Orca wrote:
TheIdioteque wrote:
Spoiler:
I hate to say it, but all those no's have made my anticipation for the game go down a bit. :/
Spoiler:
Why does that have to be the case? Just because certain characters don't return doesn't mean the game is any lesser because of it.
You might wanna put a spoiler tag on your post (and my quote as well). Don't wanna piss off anyone who doesn't want spoilers.
Spoiler:
I guess it's just disappointed for me personally, because I was looking forward to seeing some of those characters return. As far as Ema goes, I wouldn't be so disappointed if they hadn't have made her such a prominent character in GS4. Now a year later she all of a sudden disappears without a trace? Hell, even Gumshoe made an appearance in GS4 in a flashback. We haven't seem hide or hair of him since (aside from his appearances in GK1 and GK2). For a guy who was so prominent in Phoenix's early cases, not to mention being close to Edgeworth, it seems odd for him to just figuratively disappear into thin air. At the very least, they could have Edgeworth mention that he's been promoted or something, which is why he's no longer detective for Phoenix's cases. I mean, the guy has to be doing something police-related still, right? Make no mistake, I'm still forward to the game and I'm sure I will still enjoy it very much (I never said my anticipation is gone completely, just gone down a bit), but the lack of such prominent characters as Maya, Ema, and Gumshoe is very disappointing (not to mention not even a reference to Apollo and Trucy's bloodline).
icer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2197
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by icer »

So when is this game set in the timeline (each case) and how much time do the game's events cover?
Spoiler:
Oct. 7-9, 2026 was supposed to be 4-4. By that time it was more than '7 years ago' since the 'disbarring', getting closer to 8.

I've heard 5-1 is on 'December 18' (year?)

The game promos keeps talking about '8 years ago' but as I said this doesn't imply it's a year after GS4 as GS4 took place over so much time.
---
TheIdioteque wrote:
Blademaster_Orca wrote:
Spoiler:
Why does that have to be the case? Just because certain characters don't return doesn't mean the game is any lesser because of it.
Spoiler:
I guess it's just disappointed for me personally, because I was looking forward to seeing some of those characters return. As far as Ema goes, I wouldn't be so disappointed if they hadn't have made her such a prominent character in GS4. Now a year later she all of a sudden disappears without a trace? Hell, even Gumshoe made an appearance in GS4 in a flashback. We haven't seem hide or hair of him since (aside from his appearances in GK1 and GK2). For a guy who was so prominent in Phoenix's early cases, not to mention being close to Edgeworth, it seems odd for him to just figuratively disappear into thin air. At the very least, they could have Edgeworth mention that he's been promoted or something, which is why he's no longer detective for Phoenix's cases. I mean, the guy has to be doing something police-related still, right? Make no mistake, I'm still forward to the game and I'm sure I will still enjoy it very much (I never said my anticipation is gone completely, just gone down a bit), but the lack of such prominent characters as Maya, Ema, and Gumshoe is very disappointing (not to mention not even a reference to Apollo and Trucy's bloodline).
Spoiler:
I don't understand why some people don't see that other people want the characterisations and plot lines from past games continued, and there's psychological discord when they aren't. It detracts from the game. They should either just start afresh with a new cast, or make the most superficial attempts at continuity. Like mentioned above, there's no need for Ema to be shown, but there can be some vague mention she left to be a scientist or something.

It does detract from the game, because it's recognised that in general people LIKE continuity with characters they had a past history with in these types of games. It's considered good writing practice for these types of games, as a little research will tell you. Not to mention crucial plotlines like Trucy and Apollo being related (or for that matter the jury, it's like 'what was the point of playing the previous game anyway'?)
Image
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]
Ash
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am
Custom Title: 迷探偵

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Ash »

icer wrote:Q: So what was the detail of this 'promise/reason' they kept mentioning about 'why' Phoenix returned to court?
Last case spoilers
Spoiler:
Edgeworth had asked Phoenix to come back and help him get Jin out of jail in order to put a stop to 'dark times of the law' (because it was the case that got Phoenix disbarred, and Jin's case that set things off
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
linkenski
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1637
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm
Custom Title: "I'm so sick of Khura'in!"
Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by linkenski »

About the returning characters stuff, my reason for wanting is the fear of the Ace Attorney series going completely astray from what we used to love about it. It's like with most anime. You keep watching it and they start forgetting the original cast the more you get into the series and then you look back at the first episodes and you're suddently reminded of what you used to like about it and when you look back at the new stuff you realise it's not nearly as great.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
Lusankya
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1047
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: Germany

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Lusankya »

"AAI sucked because they brought back too many known characters!"
"AA5 sucked because they didn't bring back enough known characters!"

Image
Akurossu
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Spain

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Akurossu »

Another opinion on the length of the game, not really spoilers I'd say:
Spoiler:
Call me slow, but I just finished case 2 and I'm already 11 hours in, so depending on the person the game might feel longer?
Ash
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am
Custom Title: 迷探偵

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Ash »

Akurossu wrote:Another opinion on the duration of the game, not really spoilers I'd say:
Spoiler:
Call me slow, but I just finished case 2 and I'm already 11 hours in, so depending on the person the game might feel longer?
Spoiler:
Well, yeah, playing times always vary. Some might have more troubles with the court trials, some might not read as fast (as for many, Japanese is probably not their first language). I had no troubles at all with the trials, and even though it's not my first language, I can read Japanese pretty fast, so I think that my 18 hours is on the lower side of the spectrum.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Lusankya
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1047
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: Germany

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Lusankya »

Btw. Ash did you present all the evidence to all the characters? I wonder if every single peace of evidence has a unique dialogue, when you present it?
Ash
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am
Custom Title: 迷探偵

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Ash »

I didn't present all evidence to everyone, but it was pretty much the same as always: some evidence give you 'real' reactions, while most only a generic one.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Akurossu
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:49 pm
Location: Spain

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Akurossu »

Ash wrote:
Akurossu wrote:Another opinion on the duration of the game, not really spoilers I'd say:
Spoiler:
Call me slow, but I just finished case 2 and I'm already 11 hours in, so depending on the person the game might feel longer?
Spoiler:
Well, yeah, playing times always vary. Some might have more troubles with the court trials, some might not read as fast (as for many, Japanese is probably not their first language). I had no troubles at all with the trials, and even though it's not my first language, I can read Japanese pretty fast, so I think that my 18 hours is on the lower side of the spectrum.
Some case 2 spoilers, non-specific but an overall impression:
Spoiler:
Yeah, though I think I've been particularly slow during case 2 myself... Because the explanation of the events changed so many times that for every new sentence I had to stop and try to reconstruct the entire case in my mind again in order not to get lost. So it did feel a bit slow for me, but I liked the plottwists.
Also, I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but there's no Examine button? You can only examine those areas where they specifically tell you "let's investigate here"? That's been a big disappointment...
Thane
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 970
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Thane »

Lusankya wrote:"AAI sucked because they brought back too many known characters!"
"AA5 sucked because they didn't bring back enough known characters!"

Image
I feel like I should voice my opinion against this.

Bringing back too many characters for the sake of fan service or playing on nostalgia is bad. Ema Skye's appearance in AAI, for instance, was horrendous.

However, not even mentioning certain characters in a game that is popular in no small part due to its characters is equally bad. Apollo Justice ends with the revelation of his and Trucy's connection, and it's not even brought up in this game? That's just confusing, and the game has thus lost a chance at a potentially interesting subplot.
Image
icer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2197
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by icer »

Lusankya wrote:"AAI sucked because they brought back too many known characters!"
"AA5 sucked because they didn't bring back enough known characters!"
AAI sucked because they brought back unimportant characters (every character of the day from every case), and only used them in short superficial cameos.

The point is that important characters should return, and have meaningful interactions or character development (even if they're short). Not just be a tool to deliver something and leave. (or be even more pointless.)

The GK team seem to lack in this department. Either the cameo is useless to start with, or it seems to be no different to the writers than finding some piece of evidence on the ground 'interaction with a character to advance plot'.

Anyway:

QUESTION:

Do we finally get to break black psyche locks now?
Spoiler:
I know they're in the game. Does Pearl upgrade the magatama or something? (This might explain why we no longer take damage...?) Do they get explained anyway?
Image
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]
Ash
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am
Custom Title: 迷探偵

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Ash »

icer wrote:
Spoiler:
I know they're in the game. Does Pearl upgrade the magatama or something? (This might explain why we no longer take damage...?) Do they get explained anyway?
Spoiler:
They get broken, but not as a gameplay mechanic. They are explained in more detail, as in, how they differ from red locks, by Pearl though (who actually looked up the locks in the Kurain records, apparently)
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Whooop
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 9:12 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Whooop »

How much " You are the best thing ever, Phoenix/Athena" are we getting from this game and from the fandom?
Voodoo Lady
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:42 am
Custom Title: Boogy-oogy-oogy-oogy
Location: USA

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Voodoo Lady »

Oh, also-- I want to know if my hunch is right.
Spoiler: 5-2 sort of
Is Phineas Filch Apollo's father? Or related to Apollo in any meaningful way?
Voodoo Sprites
I do some graphics for Conflict of Interest.
User avatar
TheIdioteque
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:11 am
Location: Alabama

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by TheIdioteque »

Thane wrote:
Lusankya wrote:"AAI sucked because they brought back too many known characters!"
"AA5 sucked because they didn't bring back enough known characters!"

Image
I feel like I should voice my opinion against this.

Bringing back too many characters for the sake of fan service or playing on nostalgia is bad. Ema Skye's appearance in AAI, for instance, was horrendous.

However, not even mentioning certain characters in a game that is popular in no small part due to its characters is equally bad. Apollo Justice ends with the revelation of his and Trucy's connection, and it's not even brought up in this game? That's just confusing, and the game has thus lost a chance at a potentially interesting subplot.
Spoiler:
This, and what icer said. I don't think it's necessary to bring back EVERY minor character such as Tyrell Badd and Iris, but if they're not going to continue using the more important supporting characters such as Ema Skye or Dick Gumshoe (characters that have actually had significant roles in more than one game), they should at least come up with a storyline reason for why they no longer appear. In most TV series, if an important character or a supporting character no longer appears on the show, the writers typically will "write" them out of the show. Basically, they give them a storyline reasoning for why that character no longer appears. It essentially gives them closure so fans don't wonder why that particular character no longer appears (usually, the character will move away or have something important going on in their lives), not to mention that it gives the writers the option to bring the character back in future episodes if desired.

Like, for example, when Bobby Fulbright shows up, Apollo could ask "Where's Ema? I figured she'd be the detective on this case?" and Fulbright could tell him that she finally got a job as a forensic scientist. That's it. Ema's character would be written out of the game, and writers could always have her make an appearance in future titles if they wanted (but she would no longer be an 'important character'). With Ema being such a big part of GS4, it just feels lazy on the writers' part for not even mentioning her in this game. Gumshoe was detective for Phoenix's cases for 3 years (and was even detective during his final case before he got disbarred), and now all of a sudden he's just disappeared? Come on now. Like I said before, Edgeworth could simply mention that Gumshoe got promoted and is no longer working cases anymore (or maybe he quit the force, got married to Maggey Byrde and started a family). Again, Gumshoe would be written out of the story and it would no longer be 'mandatory' for his character to appear. Hell, even a mention of Larry Butz, who's been a close friend to both Phoenix and Edgeworth, would have been sufficient.

Franziska is different, because I feel like her story got closure in T&T (plus she does appear in the AAI games) and she is one of the few characters I feel doesn't need to be brought back or any sort of explanation. I suppose if there is ever a AAI3, she could return due to her relationship to Edgeworth, but her storyline with Phoenix is essentially done. She no longer harbors a grudge against Phoenix, and I feel like they did a good job of writing her out of Phoenix's story. Maya's story is done as well, but with her it's different because she was such a big part of Phoenix's life during GS 1-3. At least she does get a mention though. Though I have to admit, with as many passionate fans wanting to see Maya's return, the fact that she doesn't appear is kind of a dick move on the writers' part. You have to wonder if Pearl appearing is supposed to be compensation for Maya's absence.

And as far as the storylines regarding Apollo's and Trucy's kinship and the Jurist system basically being abandoned, well I'm sorry but that's just bad writing. Period. The staff should be ashamed of themselves for completely forgetting about important storylines from the previous game. Imagine if JFA continued on with no mention of Edgeworth's character development in GS1 and he just went back to being the evil prosecutor he was in the first game. Or if T&T had continued on without any mention of Pearl whatsoever. It just feels incredibly lazy on the writers' part.

Don't get me wrong though, despite my initial frustrations of the writers, I still intend on buying the game and playing it when it's finally released in the U.S. I just fear that with characters apparently disappearing into thin air and major storylines being completely forgotten about, that the overall plot is going to be very lazily written and not up to par with previous games. Anyways, I'm done ranting and I will no longer derail this thread anymore. PM me if you want to discuss it further.
User avatar
TheIdioteque
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:11 am
Location: Alabama

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by TheIdioteque »

Spoiler:
I just thought of a quick question. Does the game ever explain why Apollo wears that blue coat after he is injured?
GyakutenGodot
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:36 pm
Custom Title: Godot's the Man

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by GyakutenGodot »

Ash wrote:
icer wrote:
Spoiler:
I know they're in the game. Does Pearl upgrade the magatama or something? (This might explain why we no longer take damage...?) Do they get explained anyway?
Spoiler:
They get broken, but not as a gameplay mechanic. They are explained in more detail, as in, how they differ from red locks, by Pearl though (who actually looked up the locks in the Kurain records, apparently)
Spoiler: Response to question above and GS4 spoilers
Thats awesome news! I figure they would just abandon that plot thread, like they apparently did with everything else from the previous games in GS5. Question: No real specifics but do we actually get to break Kristoph's black physic locks, or just black physic locks in general?
Image
D-Man
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:05 am
Custom Title: Nice name, isn't it?
Location: Oklahoma

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by D-Man »

Voodoo Lady wrote:Oh, also-- I want to know if my hunch is right.
Spoiler: 5-2 sort of
Is Phineas Filch Apollo's father? Or related to Apollo in any meaningful way?
Spoiler:
Not in the slightest.
TheIdioteque wrote:
Spoiler:
I just thought of a quick question. Does the game ever explain why Apollo wears that blue coat after he is injured?
Spoiler:
It's the coat that his best friend used to wear. His best friend is the victim of Case 4.
PSN: Davidgui | Wii U Username: D-Man218
GyakutenGodot
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:36 pm
Custom Title: Godot's the Man

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by GyakutenGodot »

D-Man wrote:
TheIdioteque wrote:
Spoiler:
I just thought of a quick question. Does the game ever explain why Apollo wears that blue coat after he is injured?
Spoiler:
It's the coat that his best friend used to wear. His best friend is the victim of Case 4.
You should probably mark spoilers that you answered the question and gave an explanation. He may have only been looking for a yes or no.
Image
plsontaesung
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:39 pm
Custom Title: Paul Sohn

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by plsontaesung »

Voodoo Lady wrote:Oh, also-- I want to know if my hunch is right.
Spoiler: 5-2 sort of
Is Phineas Filch Apollo's father? Or related to Apollo in any meaningful way?
Spoiler:
No, he just stole Apollo's bracelet. In fact he filches things.
I'm Korean, I beg your apology for my horrible english grammer.
AnsweringNOW
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:19 pm
Custom Title: I wish I WERE the best.

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by AnsweringNOW »

Spoiler:
For the first three cases, are these all the new characters, not counting any new prosecutors?

Case 1:
Juniper Woods
Ted Tonate
Hozumi Kaku

Case 2:
Ginji Kyuubi
Phineas Filch
Jinxie Tenma
Deemon Tenma
Shuuichi Biyouin

Case 3:
Chishio Atsui
Constance Courte
Myriam Scuttlebutt
Rei Shizuya
Shinji Ichiro
User avatar
TheIdioteque
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:11 am
Location: Alabama

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by TheIdioteque »

GyakutenGodot wrote:
D-Man wrote:
TheIdioteque wrote:
Spoiler:
I just thought of a quick question. Does the game ever explain why Apollo wears that blue coat after he is injured?
Spoiler:
It's the coat that his best friend used to wear. His best friend is the victim of Case 4.
You should probably mark spoilers that you answered the question and gave an explanation. He may have only been looking for a yes or no.
It's fine. I really don't mind spoilers so it's all good. :)
Calisto Yew
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:52 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Calisto Yew »

Spoiler: Case 5-3
Does Athena have her own objection theme or are the remixes of 2004 and 2007 the only ones?
DonteTheDA
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:12 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by DonteTheDA »

Calisto Yew wrote:
Spoiler: Case 5-3
Does Athena have her own objection theme or are the remixes of 2004 and 2007 the only ones?
Spoiler:
She has her own objection theme.
ApolloGrimoire
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:16 pm
Custom Title: Seasoned Animator

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by ApolloGrimoire »

Does Lamiroir make an appearance or mention?
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter
DonteTheDA
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:12 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by DonteTheDA »

ApolloAvalon wrote:Does Lamiroir make an appearance or mention?
Spoiler:
Mention, yes. Appearance... kind of. Ehehehehe...
GyakutenGodot
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:36 pm
Custom Title: Godot's the Man

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by GyakutenGodot »

I still havent gotten an answer to the question of is there a flashback case in the respect that its a case that happend years or months ago. I dont mean like...
Spoiler: GS5, pre release knowledge
How Case 2 and 3 take place before case 1
If not is there at least an old case mentioned. Just yes or no to both questions, no specifics.
Image
icer
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2197
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:20 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by icer »

Ash wrote:
Spoiler: psyche locks
They get broken, but not as a gameplay mechanic. They are explained in more detail, as in, how they differ from red locks, by Pearl though (who actually looked up the locks in the Kurain records, apparently)
Thanks. Could you tell me what they do mean, kind of?
Spoiler: could be a big one
I know Athena has them, so it can't just be because 'people are evil'
Also, at the end of case 2
Spoiler:
people are talking about an 'anonymous letter' that 'might' have been sent by Maya. Is this true (eg. that it probably would have been Maya) and what is it about?
Image
LOL parody sig trend. Phoenix/Maya Day is Sept 5!
[ Read my fanfics! =) | Phoenix/Maya 'Evidence' List ]
ApolloGrimoire
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:16 pm
Custom Title: Seasoned Animator

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by ApolloGrimoire »

Spoiler:
I know that other part.
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter
Ash
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am
Custom Title: 迷探偵

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Ash »

GyakutenGodot wrote:I still havent gotten an answer to the question of is there a flashback case in the respect that its a case that happend years or months ago. I dont mean like...
Spoiler: GS5, pre release knowledge
How Case 2 and 3 take place before case 1
If not is there at least an old case mentioned. Just yes or no to both questions, no specifics.
Spoiler:
Yes
icer wrote:Thanks. Could you tell me what they do mean, kind of?
Spoiler: could be a big one
I know Athena has them, so it can't just be because 'people are evil'
Spoiler:
Red locks are when someone consciously tries to hide a secret, so....
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Porygon
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:40 am

Re: "I just want to know one thing" - Dual Destinies Edition

Post by Porygon »

I'm not sure if this has been asked since pretty basic questions are under spoiler tags but I think this is the most important of all of them

IS WENDY OLDBAG IN THE GAME?

Please be alive Wendy ;_;
Post Reply