Detective Conan/Case Closed

Movie, TV, and anime chat.
Ash
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am
Custom Title: 迷探偵

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by Ash »

davech1987 wrote:to the chime that plays when it all clicks in conan's head to the music
コテリン☆
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Hatshinit
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:46 am
Custom Title: DetectiveTohru

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by Hatshinit »

Ash wrote:
davech1987 wrote:to the chime that plays when it all clicks in conan's head to the music
コテリン☆
Indeed... Completely forgot they did that... The anime has some real down time during the 500s or something for me but it has been picking up and I love the atmosphere in some of the current episodes.

The easy case before mystery train is one that I've rewatched multiple times. In the 600s I definitely liked the one hour special with Heiji, it's alot funnier than in the manga.
The anime originals haven't been all that great lately so about that I think it's a good idea that they decide to rerun older episodes most of the time.
User avatar
davech1987
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable
Location: UK

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by davech1987 »

Hatshinit wrote:
Ash wrote:
davech1987 wrote:to the chime that plays when it all clicks in conan's head to the music
コテリン☆
Indeed... Completely forgot they did that... The anime has some real down time during the 500s or something for me but it has been picking up and I love the atmosphere in some of the current episodes.

The easy case before mystery train is one that I've rewatched multiple times. In the 600s I definitely liked the one hour special with Heiji, it's alot funnier than in the manga.
The anime originals haven't been all that great lately so about that I think it's a good idea that they decide to rerun older episodes most of the time.

I remember I think it was in the 600's episode region that instead of showing a clip of he next episode they would show clips (remastered) for an old one , I don't plan to watch anyomre detective conan apart from dvd. Since I don't have the resources to do it often , has the BO plot advanced last I saw was the reveal of Burbon has the BO plot advance much since then ??

Also can anyone tell me what happen to Akai did he turn out to be Subaru and if so how the hell did it all get pulled off ?


thanks
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Shtak
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:53 pm
Custom Title: Don't call me Shirley
Location: France

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by Shtak »

Careful with spoilers :/ some people reading us haven't necessarily watched everything.
CatMuto
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 9918
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by CatMuto »

Also can anyone tell me what happen to Akai did he turn out to be Subaru and if so how the hell did it all get pulled off ?
Spoiler: Spoiler - around Chapter 890
Apparently he has been masquerading as Subaru. But that chapter was also full with other stuff and masquerades, like the Subaru in THAT Chapter was actually Yuusaku dressing up as Subaru, while Akai was in the car with Jodie and the Yuusaku at the award ceremony on the TV was probably his wife playing him...
tl;dr basically, it feels impossible to get a damn straight answer from Aoyama anymore that doesn't open up another box full of questions that won't be answered until way too freaking late.

Seriously, half the stuff he reveals I feel like I have to go back hundreds of chapters to remember who or what the fuck they are talking about again...

C-A
Image
Image
User avatar
davech1987
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable
Location: UK

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by davech1987 »

CatMuto wrote:
Also can anyone tell me what happen to Akai did he turn out to be Subaru and if so how the hell did it all get pulled off ?
Spoiler: Spoiler - around Chapter 890
Apparently he has been masquerading as Subaru. But that chapter was also full with other stuff and masquerades, like the Subaru in THAT Chapter was actually Yuusaku dressing up as Subaru, while Akai was in the car with Jodie and the Yuusaku at the award ceremony on the TV was probably his wife playing him...
tl;dr basically, it feels impossible to get a damn straight answer from Aoyama anymore that doesn't open up another box full of questions that won't be answered until way too freaking late.

Seriously, half the stuff he reveals I feel like I have to go back hundreds of chapters to remember who or what the fuck they are talking about again...

C-A

Part of the reason I gave up too much to remember when it becomes the next major plot point
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
User avatar
davech1987
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable
Location: UK

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by davech1987 »

CatMuto wrote:
Also can anyone tell me what happen to Akai did he turn out to be Subaru and if so how the hell did it all get pulled off ?
Spoiler: Spoiler - around Chapter 890
Apparently he has been masquerading as Subaru. But that chapter was also full with other stuff and masquerades, like the Subaru in THAT Chapter was actually Yuusaku dressing up as Subaru, while Akai was in the car with Jodie and the Yuusaku at the award ceremony on the TV was probably his wife playing him...
tl;dr basically, it feels impossible to get a damn straight answer from Aoyama anymore that doesn't open up another box full of questions that won't be answered until way too freaking late.

Seriously, half the stuff he reveals I feel like I have to go back hundreds of chapters to remember who or what the fuck they are talking about again...

C-A

Part of the reason I gave up too much to remember when it becomes the next major plot point
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
User avatar
davech1987
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable
Location: UK

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by davech1987 »

I read a review a while back for one of the movies and the reviewer discribed Detective Conan as Nancy Drew but instead of it being in book form it is animated ( think it was mainly because of the kids element )
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
Hatshinit
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:46 am
Custom Title: DetectiveTohru

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by Hatshinit »

davech1987 wrote:I read a review a while back for one of the movies and the reviewer discribed Detective Conan as Nancy Drew but instead of it being in book form it is animated ( think it was mainly because of the kids element )
What movie could that be because they seem more like Die Hard movies to me at times.

Private Eye in the Distant Sea is my favourite Conan movie in a long, long time btw.
Ash
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am
Custom Title: 迷探偵

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by Ash »

I thought that Private Eye in the Distant Seas was a good movie, though it felt more like an Aibou film than a Conan film (because of the scriptwriter Sakurai; a bit similar how Phantom of Baker Street felt kinda out of place because of Nozawa Hisashi's script).

I have high expectations for Ijigen no Sniper though! Stories from a friend who saw the film in the theater make the wait for the home release even more difficult!
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Hatshinit
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:46 am
Custom Title: DetectiveTohru

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by Hatshinit »

I must say Makoto is quite the monster, lol! I never expected to see that go down...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNPlMAsyC5A&t=4m40s
Hatshinit
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:46 am
Custom Title: DetectiveTohru

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by Hatshinit »

So Conan got a new ending today, but with the 3 weeks of break for the anime, we won't be seeing the actual animation for the ending itself in a while yet. The song itself feels really fresh. As expected of Mai Kuraki.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x23ub2 ... 0816_music
Ash
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am
Custom Title: 迷探偵

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by Ash »

So, if they were to make a live action version of the Lupin III vs Detective Conan movie...

https://twitter.com/trend_today/status/ ... 48/photo/1
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Hatshinit
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:46 am
Custom Title: DetectiveTohru

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by Hatshinit »

Ash wrote:So, if they were to make a live action version of the Lupin III vs Detective Conan movie...

https://twitter.com/trend_today/status/ ... 48/photo/1
I'd say it probably wouldn't work but the styles would be less different than in the anime form so...
Hatshinit
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:46 am
Custom Title: DetectiveTohru

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by Hatshinit »

So I hear that Magic Kaito manga will continue for 3 chapters, I think that makes it few chapters from getting a volume out unless Gosho starts putting out 30 page chapters for it again?

New anime for MK also announced, made a thread about it here. It's by different studio this time. 24 episodes sounds quite a bit for a 30-33 chapter series.
http://lounge.moviecodec.com/manga/magi ... 12-351471/
Ash
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am
Custom Title: 迷探偵

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by Ash »

Hatshinit wrote:So I hear that Magic Kaito manga will continue for 3 chapters, I think that makes it few chapters from getting a volume out unless Gosho starts putting out 30 page chapters for it again?
The only other story collected yet is the two chapter long Phantom Lady, so assuming the new story will be of normal length too, Aoyama doesn't even have enough to fill half a volume.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Hatshinit
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:46 am
Custom Title: DetectiveTohru

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by Hatshinit »

Ash wrote:
Hatshinit wrote:So I hear that Magic Kaito manga will continue for 3 chapters, I think that makes it few chapters from getting a volume out unless Gosho starts putting out 30 page chapters for it again?
The only other story collected yet is the two chapter long Phantom Lady, so assuming the new story will be of normal length too, Aoyama doesn't even have enough to fill half a volume.
If that's true, I hope he won't get some kind of sudden urge to get a volume out just because of this anime remake/original/whatever.
Ash
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am
Custom Title: 迷探偵

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by Ash »

Oh wait, Magic Kaito chapters are usually longer than Conan, right? Then Aoyama should have a bit more than half a volume. I wouldn't mind a new volume for Magic Kaito, but I doubt he will rush out chapters just to fill out a volume: I remember he had almost enough for volume 4 when he released Golden Eye back in...2002? and it still took him four, five years to do the last two chapters (Dark Knight). The new story is just to cross-promote the new TV series, I think, like how Phantom Lady was done to cross promote the Summer of KID month a couple of years ago.
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Hatshinit
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:46 am
Custom Title: DetectiveTohru

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by Hatshinit »

I think the chapter length varies on how much time he wants to spend writing the chapters, Aoyama seems to either want to do 3 chapter cases for DC or just 1 chapter short stories for Kaito (30-32 pages per or something) for the most part...

I got Magic Kaito volume 1 somewhere but I can't find it right now to confirm, but on net it says that the 1st volume had only 6 chapters so I guess that's about right.
Ash
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am
Custom Title: 迷探偵

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by Ash »

Actually, almost all MK chapters written after Aoyama started with Conan have been 'short' (18? 20? pages. The same as Conan). The long chapters were from MK's serialization / during Yaiba's serialization That's why volume 4 has nine chapters, instead of the six like the first volume (and it's nine, because the first chapter is still a long story). Black Star, Golden Eye and Dark Knight were all 'short', and I think Phantom Lady too, so I guess the new story will be as long as a Conan three chapter story (~60 pages).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Hatshinit
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:46 am
Custom Title: DetectiveTohru

Re: Detective Conan/Case Closed

Post by Hatshinit »

Hmm so it seems... Well hopefully it can still contain a nice short story.
Luckily Aoyama is not one to flood chapters with one panel double spread pages....
Post Reply