The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

For threads on Gyakuten Saiban 3
Post Reply
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far).

Post by grim_tales »

Busterella wrote:
Poltergust wrote:
Bolt Storm wrote:I still like Mia's "Well, we know whose milkshake brings the boys to the yard" myself.


My goodness! Did Mia actually say that!? XD


Yes.

ILU, Capcom translation team. <3


That's a reference to the Kellis song isn't it? :D
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
The Sandwich
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4848
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich
Location: The land of Leprechauns and alcoholism.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by The Sandwich »

*claps*

Good boy.
fuck
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by grim_tales »

Thanks :)
The context of that quote disturbs me a bit though, considering the lyrics that follow :o Well, I'll find out soon enough.
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
Yokusa
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 123
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:29 pm
Custom Title: Unprofessional Procrastinator
Location: *insert witty location here*
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Yokusa »

RhythmStraw wrote:from case 3:

:phoenix: : So the particular feature you recognize about the waitress is....her outfit!?
But anyone could wear just such an uniform! Even me!

:udgy: : Mr. Wright! Please spare the court of any further mental anguish from that image.


Nick in a Trés Bien outfit? :wacky-edgy:


i agree with the Judge....


THE MENTAL SCARRING!!!! :beef: :beef: :beef:
Image
This post is now 20% cooler!
User avatar
Psyche-locked
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 261
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:41 pm
Custom Title: My secret? You'll need a magatama!
Location: England!

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Psyche-locked »

Does Godot still say "That's my rule" in the English translation or does he say something else instead?
Hypotenuse Man wrote:The way I envision it is this:

"Mask *jazz hands!* DeMasque."
Win. Just win! :jazzron: :jazzsneeze: :jazzedgy: :Keko-hands:
Check out my Apollo Justice crossword! More to come soon!
The Sandwich
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4848
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich
Location: The land of Leprechauns and alcoholism.
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by The Sandwich »

"That's a rule to live by."
fuck
Happiness Punch!
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1001
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Finlalaland~

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Happiness Punch! »

DarzieP wrote:"That's a rule to live by."


...
...
...
That kicks ASS. Definately has a better ring to it than "that's my rule."

Happi wants her copy moar now.
RyougaSaotome
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 3:23 am
Custom Title: Sore Wa Himitsu Desu

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by RyougaSaotome »

Jeebus Lice, that's a badass line. And I definitely agree that it has a much better ring to it than 'That's my rule'.

Hurry up mail people. >.<;;;
Image
Hiroshi
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:18 pm
Location: Poland

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Hiroshi »

Spoiler: Case 5
Judge's Brother - So where is the witness?
:franny: - He was arrested in the art gallery due to suspicious behavior.
:edgeworth: - Suspicious behavior...?
:franny: - He was found intensely painting something
Judge's Brother: *nods* Indeed, painting a portrait of defendant is not allowed.
:franny: - He painted a devilish woman with evil eyes and a whip
Judge's Brother: Why, he was painting yo--
*WHACK*
:whip: - Anyway, it's time tgo drag this pathetic excuse for an artist before the court
Sebastian Stark
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 565
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:43 pm
Custom Title: The Law 'Shark'

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Sebastian Stark »

...This is gonna sound odd - But is the SPARDA line a reference to something I'm unfamiliar with, or just funny for being there? XD

I'm peeking before I even own the game...Ah, well. XD
Image
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~
Hiroshi
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:18 pm
Location: Poland

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Hiroshi »

Sebastian Stark wrote:...This is gonna sound odd - But is the SPARDA line a reference to something I'm unfamiliar with, or just funny for being there? XD

I'm peeking before I even own the game...Ah, well. XD

It reffers to the "300" movie
http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=EmOH5f1J1Uc
Guess_Who
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:34 pm
Custom Title: SCIENCE!
Location: Texas

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Guess_Who »

EDIT: HAHA DISREGARD THIS, I SUCK COCKS
Sebastian Stark
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 565
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:43 pm
Custom Title: The Law 'Shark'

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Sebastian Stark »

Unlucky me...Youtube is blocked by library Resources. XDD
Image
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~
mario2000
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 858
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:13 pm
Custom Title: Desert rose, why do you live alone?
Location: Fife, WA

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by mario2000 »

Who's this hoser, eh?
Mr. Bear Jew
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4353
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
Custom Title: Idol of Polar Bears
Location: Norcal

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mr. Bear Jew »

DarzieP wrote:"That's a rule to live by."


Also, "That's one of my rules."
Image
E~A
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 675
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:06 am
Custom Title: Novice bimbo
Location: California, USA

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by E~A »

Case 4

Young Egdeworth: I won't be outwitted by this novice bimbo!

Young Mia: Same to you pal.
Busterella
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:30 pm
Custom Title: lolkoala.
Location: NC

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Busterella »

^ EPIC.
THIS IS A SIG.
I draw things.
musouka
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 730
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:36 am
Custom Title: 俺の黄金の魔女

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by musouka »

E~A wrote:Case 4

Young Egdeworth: I won't be outwitted by this novice bimbo!

Young Mia: Same to you pal.


HAHAHA, YES. PERFECT.
Image
Mr. Bear Jew
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4353
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
Custom Title: Idol of Polar Bears
Location: Norcal

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Mr. Bear Jew »

E~A wrote:Case 4

Young Egdeworth: I won't be outwitted by this novice bimbo!

Young Mia: Same to you pal.


Sig'd!
Image
Miles Wright 114
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1167
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 12:24 pm
Custom Title: Put that cookie down!
Location: North East England

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Miles Wright 114 »

here's a video of the 300 joke from the game http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cilEhs1WYks its possibly one of the best jokes I've heard so far :moe-laugh:
Last edited by Miles Wright 114 on Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorneydo
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:32 pm

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by jorneydo »

I dont remenber exactly the quote but its the point.
:bikini: My back its hurting
:franny: Dont worry sister I will give you a vigorous massage when you finish
:edgeworth: With the whip?
Image
Phoenix Edgeworth
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:28 pm
Custom Title: Liu Meng Xuande: Ace Attorney
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Phoenix Edgeworth »

Isn't Sparda also a reference to Dante's father in Devil May Cry? Both games are CAPCOMs anyway so it's a possibility too.
This sig needs to be changed soon...
Miles Wright 114
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1167
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 12:24 pm
Custom Title: Put that cookie down!
Location: North East England

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Miles Wright 114 »

Phoenix Edgeworth wrote:Isn't Sparda also a reference to Dante's father in Devil May Cry? Both games are CAPCOMs anyway so it's a possibility too.

I'd call that a coincidence
Lawliet
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:30 am
Custom Title: L Lawliet
Location: Singapore

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Lawliet »

Phoenix is...
Spoiler: Case 3
Phoenix: So the particular feature you recognize about the waitress is... her outfit!?

Phoenix: But anyone could wear just such an uniform! Even me! *music suddenly stops*

Judge: Mr Wright! Please spare the court of any further mental anguish from that image.

================
*Old man throws seeds at Phoenix*
Phoenix: He's gotta be using some sort of infinite ammo code with that box of seeds...
Mikker
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
Location: Denmark

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mikker »

Letter given to Mask*DeMasque.
...
Actually, it was more like taken.
Image
Mikker
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
Location: Denmark

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mikker »

Larry is just awesome.

Larry: You could learn a few tricks from me, Nick!

Phoenix: ...Yeah? Like what?

Larry: Look at my hair, for example. It points up streight, right?

Larry: But your hair, on the other hand, points backwards.

Larry: That's no good at all, man! It's defeatist! You gotta aim high! For the stars!

Phoenix: (I... I can't find a counter-argument for that...)

His spritework has overgone a very large overhaul. I'll be posting it ASAP, BTW.
Image
SanjiWatsuki
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:24 pm

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by SanjiWatsuki »

Judge: I-I'm a spoon!?
I'm no spoony bard, I'll have you know!
The Aspernator
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:13 pm
Custom Title: Fabulously Proud Max Galactica Fangirl

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by The Aspernator »

:larry2: Heehee, the dialog sounds hysterical. I can't wait to play the game. <3
:pshhh: x :yuusaku: - My Fabulous(ly crack) OTP. <3
Napishtim
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:44 am
Custom Title: Freelance Waller

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Napishtim »

Kat_Aclysm wrote:I have something to share that you may enjoy.

Spoiler: Pedobear? In my Phoenix Wright?
It's more likely thank you think.
Image


BWAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA pedo bear strikes again!
Image
Poltergust
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:26 pm
Custom Title: A Kodac moment.
Location: Yeah, right...

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Poltergust »

^Er, what the heck is that, anyway?
Image

:object:Marquees are fun...:whip:
DSL-69
Donor
Donor
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:44 am
Custom Title: Yeah, I'm totally watching you.

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by DSL-69 »

Pedobear, a 4chan meme that derives its humor by representing pedophilia in a chibi-cute fashion (at least, the original does). The image is pasted on, obviously.
Image
And don't you n00bs forget it! (comic courtesy of Brevity.)
CFZero
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:04 am

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by CFZero »

I have no idea if this has been said but if you insert the GBA copy of GS3, it unlocks everything in both versions, so maybe it will work in the stateside release...
Guess_Who
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:34 pm
Custom Title: SCIENCE!
Location: Texas

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by Guess_Who »

No, that only works on the Japanese mode.

Unless they changed it from the previous two games?
CantFaketheFunk
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2501
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:24 am
Custom Title: So moe for Makoto it's funny.
Location: NC, NJ, MN
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by CantFaketheFunk »

Spoiler: 3-5
presenting Iris' profile to Gumshoe (as Edgey) yields hilarity.

"yadda yadda, she's familiar, is she from an old case?"

:eh?: "Well, everyone knows that you are quite popular with the ladies, sir..."

:gymshoe: "Maybe she's an old girlfriend you dumped somewhere along the way or something...?"

:wacky-edgy: "D-Detective! Where did you hear such nonsense from!?"

:gymshoe: "I didn't hear it from anyone. It's just sorta how I imagine you to be... sir."

:edgeworth: "(...D-Do I really inspire this sort of frothing desire from the female masses?)"




SO.

VERY.

GAY.
Image (Awesome sig art by Axl99!)
Mr. Bear Jew
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4353
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:37 pm
Custom Title: Idol of Polar Bears
Location: Norcal

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mr. Bear Jew »

Maya makes a reference to the Costco warehouse retail club in Case 3.

"It's not like you can just buy a bottle of it at CostMo' for $5."

I just wish Maya and Gumshoe had called Phoenix "Dr. Nick" instead; in a tip of reference to the Simpsons' 'Dr. Nick' character.
Image
Mikker
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm
Custom Title: Struck by a blunt objection
Location: Denmark

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Mikker »

Pearl: Is this Godot really that strong, Nick?

Phoenix: I don't know. I only know him for his reputation.

Atmey: It's not surprising. Most people spend their entire lives idly waiting for his appearence.

:gant: First WfG reference :gant:

I also like how they sorted out his prononiation by having the Judge originally call him 'Gobo'.
Image
grim_tales
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2603
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:18 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION!
Location: St. Albans, England, UK

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by grim_tales »

What does WfG mean? :)
Nick and Maya - Friends and Lovers....
surasshu
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm
Custom Title: ;_;
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by surasshu »

QBnoYouko wrote:
Poltergust wrote:I'm guessing that it's a reference to Dr. Wright from SimCity.
It could be a reference to their own Megaman franchise too. Wasn't Dr. Light called Wright at some point?

I thought it was a Dr. Right/Light reference too. But then, I've never even heard of this Dr. Wright SimCity guy...

:phoenix: In reality, Maya's a spirit medium, and a bit of a shady character.

Nice, Wright, nice! :gant:
Last edited by surasshu on Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sebastian Stark
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 565
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:43 pm
Custom Title: The Law 'Shark'

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREAD)

Post by Sebastian Stark »

WfG = Samual Beckett's 'Waiting for Godot' - which is the inspiration for the name of our favourite Prosecuting Coffee addict. :godot:
Image
~Beware of the Shark - He'll bite!~
surasshu
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:01 pm
Custom Title: ;_;
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Re: The localization is brilliant (so far). (PW3 QUOTE THREA

Post by surasshu »

Oh I really love this little exchange:
(Examine a sign in the basement of the Lordly Tailor)
Spoiler:
:phoenix: It looks like a part of a big signboard. All I can read on it is the "bur".
:maya: Aha! I've got it! Maybe it's supposed to say "Hamburger"!
:nick: Why would anyone write "Hamburger" that big?
:maya: Like, maybe for the "World Hamburger Festival" or something?
:nick: I kinda doubt it.
:maya: Aha! I've got it! Maybe it said, "Spaghetti"!
:nick: ... Why are you talking about food? Oh, wait. That's normal for you.
:phoenix: Anyway, it says "bur". There's no way it could be "Spaghetti".
:maya: Well, maybe it was a typo! It might have said, "Speghetti Festival". What do you think?
:nick-sweat: OK to me... Besides, Spaghetti is the only thing more tangled than your reasoning.

Just about killed me when I saw it the first time. :moe-laugh:

EDIT: Okay, one more quote (can you tell I'm replaying the game?)
When you present Phoenix Wright's profile to Gumshoe during 3-2:
Spoiler:
:gymshoe: Pretty goofy-looking face, if you ask me.
:nick-sweat: ... Hey!
:maya: What are you doing carrying that around with you anyway? It's not like we ever need it.
:phoenix: (She has got a point...)

Gotta love how everybody insults you when you present that. Maya just said Phoenix wasn't very photogenetic when I showed it to her, too. :larry:
Last edited by surasshu on Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply