Page 3 of 47

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:11 pm
by Wrestlemania
......

I'm not 100% sure who that is supposed to be. I think it's someone, but I'm not positive... Payne?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:19 pm
by Marshmello
Yaaaaaaaay! :keiko: Wrestlemania wins the prize! ... right?

Anyway, I just remembered a sort of funny resemblance...
Spoiler: Maggey/Magi
Image
Their names sound the same and everything :-P
Magi is a character in the manga/anime .Hack//Legend of the Twilight.


EDIT: I'm having way too much fun with this...
Spoiler: April May/L'Amour
Image
Caveat: This image will give you seizures.
L'Amour is a cousin in the Playstation 2 game We Love Katamari.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:41 pm
by Wocky Kitaki
Wrestlemania wrote:......

I'm not 100% sure who that is supposed to be. I think it's someone, but I'm not positive... Payne?


Correct. Here's a better comparison


Spoiler: Saving space
Image <- Notice the thing resembling a japanese defense attourney badge. Also, the 2nd man to the right of him's eyes frighten me for some reason.

or maybe even Image


BTW, When I first saw Viola, I was reminded of Sadako Image


joeonamission wrote:I'm not sure why but this guy reminds me of Apollo http://www.gatorzone.com/basketball/men ... ayer_id=16

his smile scares me more than the man's eyes.......If Someone combined the Japanese man's eyes with that guy's smile, It would be scarier than any horror movie in existance

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:22 pm
by dabn
Sadako is Samara's japanese virsion?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:30 pm
by Wocky Kitaki
dabn wrote:Sadako is Samara's japanese virsion?


Pretty much. Ringu is better than the American film though, IMHO.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:53 pm
by Wrestlemania
I was torn between it being Payne or Bruno Cadaverini. I don't know why, but it somehow reminded me of Bruno...

Can someone put some white sunglasses on 'im?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:54 pm
by Marshmello
... I have no idea what you just said, dabn.

Anywho, hurray for Psychonauts!

I personally think that Bruce Goodman is something between the Milkman and a G-Man:
Spoiler: Goodman/Milkman/G-Men
Sorry for the crappy images... there are ZERO good screenshots of either of them. And Boyd's mind is my favourite level :larry:

Psychonauts is a brilliant platform game for the PC, Xbox, and Playstation 2. Buy it. Tim Schaefer rules. :godot:

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:25 am
by Komachi
I found this one from another GS forum. The guy who posted it on the website says it came from a Japanese TV serial "Police women". And finally, the murder weapon was found in the head of the mascot.

Spoiler: Blue Badger
ImageImage

They really looks like the Blue Badger, right?Image

(PS:the slogan on the mascots "交通安全教室" means "traffic safety class")

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:54 am
by Marshmello
:gant: I lol'd so hard at that one! Hahahaha!

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:55 am
by Rov
:beef:
IT DOES! IT LOOKS LIKE THE BLUE BADGER! IT EVEN HAS THE HEAD-DANGLY-THINGY!!!

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:11 am
by Super Judge Bro.
:ack:

That DOES almost look like it. Holy crap!

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:52 am
by Sh1n1 ZE FIER
:aiga: and Kurtis, from Disgaea. =D

Spoiler: Might Contain Spoilers?
I've never actually played the game, but I kind of want to just for the sake of seeing this guy. XD; He's a little too angry-looking to be Luksey, but all the same.

Image

Image

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:53 am
by Super Judge Bro.
Sh1n1 ZE FIER wrote::aiga: and Kurtis, from Disgaea. =D


We now have proof that Luke has a brother. :O

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:47 am
by burpboy
Marshmello wrote:... I have no idea what you just said, dabn.

Anywho, hurray for Psychonauts!

I personally think that Bruce Goodman is something between the Milkman and a G-Man:
Sorry for the crappy images... there are ZERO good screenshots of either of them. And Boyd's mind is my favourite level :larry:

Psychonauts is a brilliant platform game for the PC, Xbox, and Playstation 2. Buy it. Tim Schaefer rules. :godot:


Psychonauts is a pretty amazing game, played through it atleast twice now, Tim Schaefer needs to make another equally, if not more, hilarious game soon. Id love it if he came back to the Monkey Island series.

The classic, "Hey look! It's a three-headed monkey!" line is brilliant. If anyone here hasn't played any of the Monkey Island games, I highly recommend you do so.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:30 pm
by Wocky Kitaki
burpboy wrote: The classic, "Hey look! It's a three-headed monkey!" line is brilliant. If anyone here hasn't played any of the Monkey Island games, I highly recommend you do so.


Monkey Island= One of the best (If not THE BEST) Point-and-Click game for the PC.

Also has anyone else thought Andore back in the original Final Fight looked like a pissed off Will Powers?

Spoiler: Space Saving
Image

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:57 pm
by kaitouX
Takita wrote:
burpboy wrote: The classic, "Hey look! It's a three-headed monkey!" line is brilliant. If anyone here hasn't played any of the Monkey Island games, I highly recommend you do so.


Monkey Island= One of the best (If not THE BEST) Point-and-Click game for the PC.

Also has anyone else thought Andore back in the original Final Fight looked like a pissed off Will Powers?

Spoiler: Space Saving
Image


That guy punching him look a bit like Jack Hammer to me. o.o

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:31 pm
by Marshmello
burpboy wrote:Psychonauts is a pretty amazing game, played through it atleast twice now, Tim Schaefer needs to make another equally, if not more, hilarious game soon. Id love it if he came back to the Monkey Island series.

The classic, "Hey look! It's a three-headed monkey!" line is brilliant. If anyone here hasn't played any of the Monkey Island games, I highly recommend you do so.


Yay :redd: Here I thought I was the only person on the planet who'd heard of Psychonauts! I feel warm and fuzzy inside now :edgy:

Right now Double Fine is working on Brutal Legend ('Brutal' should have two dots over it) for the Xbox360 and PS3. It's about some dude (voiced by Jack Black) getting sucked into a heavy metal fantasy world. I'm not a fan of heavy metal, but the game itself looks like it's made of awesome.

Ooh... now I need to find some parellels between Monkey Island and PW... and maybe even Grim Fandango...

Are there any three-headed characters in Phoenix Wright?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:47 pm
by Wrestlemania
Bruto Cadaverini reminded me of The Undertaker... just a little.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:55 am
by Marshmello
Found another one: Sig Curtis looks strikingly similar to the 'mentor' design in the original concept sketches.

Spoiler: Sig/'Mentor'
ImageImage

Sig Curtis is a character in the anime/manga Fullmetal Alchemist.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:17 am
by Millini
Or a younger Gant.

:hair:

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:52 am
by Gordon Frohman
:ben: Pee-Wee Herman

:javado: Yamcha from DBZ

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:00 am
by Hakuro de Killer
Marshmello wrote:Yaaaaaaaay! :keiko: Wrestlemania wins the prize! ... right?

Anyway, I just remembered a sort of funny resemblance...
Spoiler: Maggey/Magi
Image
Their names sound the same and everything :-P
Magi is a character in the manga/anime .Hack//Legend of the Twilight.


WOAH!!!! You know of the sheer amazingness that is .hack// !? WOOHOO, I'M NOT ALONE AFTER ALL!!! ^_^

If I remember correctly, Magi is Kamui's assistant, right? I don't remember which episodes she was in since I haven't seen that series of .hack// in well over a year...

Wait a minute...

KOMIYAN THE THIRD IS RON'S TRUE LOOKALIKE!

Unfortunately, I can't find a good pic, but here's the face!

Image

This character is also from .hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet. While the hair may be different, it is definitely a Ron DeLite lookalike under there!

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:13 am
by Wrestlemania
Ryuuichi Naruhodou wrote::ben: Pee-Wee Herman


It suits the man well... plays with puppets, is trying to get married to a 16 year old girl........

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:26 pm
by Wocky Kitaki
Suihou wrote:
Takita wrote:
burpboy wrote: The classic, "Hey look! It's a three-headed monkey!" line is brilliant. If anyone here hasn't played any of the Monkey Island games, I highly recommend you do so.


Monkey Island= One of the best (If not THE BEST) Point-and-Click game for the PC.

Also has anyone else thought Andore back in the original Final Fight looked like a pissed off Will Powers?

Spoiler: Space Saving
Image


That guy punching him look a bit like Jack Hammer to me. o.o


You mean Cody? I really don't see much of a resemblence.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:34 pm
by Marshmello
Hakuro de Killer wrote:WOAH!!!! You know of the sheer amazingness that is .hack// !? WOOHOO, I'M NOT ALONE AFTER ALL!!! ^_^

If I remember correctly, Magi is Kamui's assistant, right? I don't remember which episodes she was in since I haven't seen that series of .hack// in well over a year...

.Hack// rules :godot: But the Legend of the Twilight anime didn't actually have an ending, which kinda pissed me off.

And yes, Magi is Kamui's assistant. I don't know exactly what episodes she's in, but she's a super minor character. Her name is stated like twice. She just appears in the background a lot, and then
Spoiler: Legend of the Twilight spoilerage
she 'dies'. Then Kamui is sad.
I wish she had a better part in the story, she's cute.

Speaking of Kamui, she reminds me a lot of someone but I can't figure out who it is she reminds me of. Does anyone know?
Spoiler: Kamui/?
ImageImage

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:55 pm
by Arruruerie
Psychonauts is among the best games ever... I'm partial to Black Velvetopia, myself.

Okay. Random anime characters who bring PW to mind, whether in appearance or personality...

:yuusaku: Ritsu Sohma from Fruits Basket. O yes.

This is from a game, but...
:adrian: Jolene from Paper Mario. They're very alike... Blonde bespectacled manager women who seem cold and businesslike and who hate their bosses. In the right enviroment, they're extremely nice, and everything they do is for a certain someone they care about who was screwed over by their boss.
That or a blonde Nanao Ise from Bleach.

:wellington: Yumi Ayasegawa from Bleach. *crawls off to die*

And I'm very sorry if anyone wants to hurt me for this...

Image

...I just threw this together. For extra Iago-needs-to-die, we have...

Image

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:16 am
by Hakuro de Killer
IagotheParrot wrote:Psychonauts is among the best games ever.

Okay. Random anime characters who bring PW to mind, whether in appearance or personality...

:yuusaku: Ritsu Sohma from Phoenix Wright. O yes.

This is from a game, but...
:adrian: Jolene from Paper Mario. They're very alike... Blonde bespectacled manager women who seem cold and businesslike and who hate their bosses. In the right enviroment, they're extremely nice, and everything they do is for a certain someone they care about who was screwed over by their boss.

:wellington: Yumi Ayasegawa from Bleach. *crawls off to die*

And I'm very sorry if anyone wants to hurt me for this...

Image


1. Who is Ritsu...? I don't recall any Ritsu in PW unless you typed phoenix wright instead of something else...

2. I totally agree with this. Apparently, every single professional woman with glasses and a book looks like Adrian Andrews for some odd reason... is she the representation of a stereotype...?

3. I didn't pick up on it, but wow! I didn't even think of that!

4. AHH!! THE GIN/GANT MONSTER THING!! IT BURNS!! THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!! RUn AWAY IZURU! RUN FAR, FAR AWAAAAY!!

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:21 am
by Arruruerie
Ah, whoops! I meant Fruits Basket. X_X I keep making dumb mistakes today. Thanks for pointing that out.

I KNOW RIGHT? There are too many people who look like Adrian.

And glad ya agree on those. X3

YES, IZURU, RUN FOR THE HILLS! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! BEFORE YOUR CAPTAIN FORCES YOU TO SWIM WITH HIM AND THEN DRESS LIKE LANA SKYE!

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:05 am
by Somestickguy
IagotheParrot wrote:This is from a game, but...
:adrian: Jolene from Paper Mario. They're very alike... Blonde bespectacled manager women who seem cold and businesslike and who hate their bosses. In the right enviroment, they're extremely nice, and everything they do is for a certain someone they care about who was screwed over by their boss.


I knew it.

I knew Adrian reminded me of someone, the moment I saw her. Thank you for putting the pieces together. :butzthumbs:

Man, I need to play me some Paper Mario now. Genius game.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:12 am
by Arruruerie
My pleasure! *Edgeworth-bow*

Yes. Go do that. Because Paper Mario is a winful game.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:16 am
by mario2000
Spoiler:
. :enguard: = Image

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:44 am
by Wrestlemania
.....

Sorry, I don't find that as clear as the others...

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:45 am
by mario2000
You're kidding, right?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:47 am
by Wrestlemania
He has 3 things:

Glass
Slicked-back hair
Dark Stare


That's all.

And no, a brown leather jacket doesn't count as a similarity.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:49 am
by Hakuro de Killer
mario2000 wrote:
Spoiler:
. :enguard: = Image


Very impressive find! Who is that?

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:50 am
by Wrestlemania
*sighs*

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:50 am
by mario2000
Wrestlemania wrote:He has 3 things:

Glass
Slicked-back hair
Dark Stare


That's all.

And no, a brown leather jacket doesn't count as a similarity.

ok fine how bout this

Spoiler:
Image


And that's Hannibal Lecter from the movie Hannibal Rising.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:51 am
by Wrestlemania
........

Give him a gloved hand and you got a deal.

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:38 am
by Murira
Hmmm...

:morgan:

Spoiler: "Saviiiing space"
Mistress Ching from Pirates? Ahaha.

Image

Re: GS/PW Look-a-likes

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:43 am
by KHF
Do I really need to say it for this one?
Spoiler: Koiworth
Image
And yes I DO realize it's intentional, but none the less...