Page 1 of 68

Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:23 pm
by Johnny Rotan
Kind of hard for me to come up with a good title for this thread. But what this is, is a place to post real life things, such as the name of a buisness or something that look like they have a Phoenix Wright or Apolo Justice connection.

For example. The plastic tray plant i work at just got some used bakery trays in (to grind up and reuse the plastic in new trays). While i was throwing them into the grinder yesterday i saw some that were owned by:

Perfection Bakeries

Didn't know the Von Karma family had a bakery :franny: :karma:

And this one which almost made me choke on my pop in the break room at work a few months ago. I was reading a copy of a Kansas City buisness journal, and under the "new buisnesses" list was this:

Maya's Cellphone Inc.

Do they have the Steel Samurai ring tone? :maya:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:33 pm
by Szabu

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:35 pm
by Johnny Rotan


HA! So he does have one! :godot:

If there's allready stuff like this posted in other threads link it here so the're all in one place.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:56 pm
by Scarf
I've seen a few of these XD
My mom works with plants&flowers and the like, and one time she brought home "Wright" brand pots. :phoenix:

Another time I was going make-up shopping with my mom and I saw "Gant's Hydratants." Needless to say, I took a picture of it. :gant:

I've also observed that my friend's dad looks a lot like Zak Gramarye and my other friend's mom looks like Dee Vasquez, if that counts.

EDIT: I got another one today. I was in Japanese class and our sensei was talking about a movie he saw. The movies title? Tanpopo. It's about Ramen, apparently.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:06 pm
by Prosecutor Manella
Image

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:09 pm
by PxE
I was once in Northern Ireland on the way to Giant's Causeway,and I saw a place called Apollo Pizza.
On the same trip,I was sitting behind someone wearing a jacket,and on the neck of it,it said "Gant"

That's all I can think of.

Edit:OH,OH,also,in Dublin,there's a Phoenix park.If that's worth anything. :keiko:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:17 pm
by Storm Parakaitz
Prosecutor Manella wrote:Image

I want to be the person that lives on that corner. XD

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:25 pm
by Pearl the Barrister
My Favorite:
Apollo's Hair Salon.
It does exist.
Sadly, I didn't have the guts to ask for the Herr Forehead hairstyle.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:39 am
by Annalise S
I've seen Edgeworth Avenue.
I wish I could've taken a photograph...

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:42 am
by Burninator
i have an edgeworth street and a hawthorne avenue in my neighborhood

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:30 am
by Miss Twister
Annalise S wrote:I've seen Edgeworth Avenue.
I wish I could've taken a photograph...

I saw one once, too.
Spoiler: Saving space
Image

(I hate my camera. >_< )

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:46 am
by fatalfeline
My friend said there's a Wright Law Offices in my city. XD

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:50 am
by Johnny Rotan
fatalfeline wrote:My friend said there's a Wright Law Offices in my city. XD


Oh god that'd be the ultimate one. PHOTO! :edgy:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:14 am
by Fraulein
Last year my friend Desiree went out with a guy named Ron. I was like OMGWTF~

They broke up, though. :sadshoe:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:33 pm
by Pearl the Barrister
In my city there's a WayneWright Law Offices.
:payne: :phoenix:

Plus, in Houston there's an Apollo Street, an Edgeworth Street, a Dahlia Street, and a Marshall Street.

In Dayton, Ohio, there's an Acro Court and a Meekins Street in Elizabeth City, NC.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:13 pm
by fatalfeline
...Meekins Street?
That's epic right there. :gant-clap:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:27 pm
by Lunaria42
Pearl the Barrister wrote:In my city there's a WayneWright Law Offices.
:payne: :phoenix:

Plus, in Houston there's an Apollo Street, an Edgeworth Street, a Dahlia Street, and a Marshall Street.


Really, now I'm going to have to go out and search for these to take pictures. What parts of Houston are they in?

I had a student named Maya, but she was nothing like our favorite spirit medium in training. Next monday I'm substituting for a teacher named Wright.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:17 am
by Waiting For Godot
Pearl the Barrister wrote:In my city there's a WayneWright Law Offices.
:payne: :phoenix:

Plus, in Houston there's an Apollo Street, an Edgeworth Street, a Dahlia Street, and a Marshall Street.

In Dayton, Ohio, there's an Acro Court and a Meekins Street in Elizabeth City, NC.


Those are easy. Find a Klavier Street, and THEN talk to me. :gant:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:30 am
by Pearl the Barrister
Waiting For Godot wrote:
Pearl the Barrister wrote:In my city there's a WayneWright Law Offices.
:payne: :phoenix:

Plus, in Houston there's an Apollo Street, an Edgeworth Street, a Dahlia Street, and a Marshall Street.

In Dayton, Ohio, there's an Acro Court and a Meekins Street in Elizabeth City, NC.


Those are easy. Find a Klavier Street, and THEN talk to me. :gant:



Got it.

Klavierstraat in Duiven, Netherlands.

Lunaria42 wrote:Really, now I'm going to have to go out and search for these to take pictures. What parts of Houston are they in?


Apollo Street is to the Northwest of Loop 610, between Highway 290 and I-45.

Edgeworth Street- Right off Aldine Westfield Road, between Hardy Toll Road and Hwy 59.

Dahlia Street- Right off Lawndale, between I-45 and Loop 610. Near the Jackson Cemetery. :chinami: Southwest area of Loop 610.

Marshall Street- Near Downtown, between Hwy 59 and I-10. Inside Loop 610. Right off Westheimer.

(There's also a Marshall Street in Deer Park, Pasadena, and San Antonio.)

On my street, someone had work on their house done by Dunn-Wright Remodeling (I was tempted to scratch the DUNN out on the sign on their front lawn and write PHOENIX.)
There's also a Fey home improvements in Universal City.

And of course, there are two people I know named Diego and Mia.
:meekins:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:43 am
by Lunaria42
Pearl the Barrister wrote:(There's also a Marshall Street in Deer Park, Pasadena, and San Antonio.)


I live in Pasadena so I'll look for the one there and Deer Park first. The others will have to wait until I get some free time and more gas money.

Thanks for sharing.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:20 am
by Johnny Rotan
Pearl the Barrister wrote:
Dahlia Street- Right off Lawndale, between I-45 and Loop 610. Near the Jackson Cemetery. :chinami: Southwest area of Loop 610.



OH SHIT :beef: Near a cemetery? I don't think i'd go near there on halloween (or during the night period :chinami: )

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:23 am
by Lunaria42
Johnny Rotan wrote:
Pearl the Barrister wrote:
Dahlia Street- Right off Lawndale, between I-45 and Loop 610. Near the Jackson Cemetery. :chinami: Southwest area of Loop 610.



OH SHIT :beef: Near a cemetery? I don't think i'd go near there on halloween (or during the night period :chinami: )


Especially in that part of town. Although, I think my grandpa is buried in that cemetary. I guess I can use this as good excuse to visit him? It has been nearly ten years since his passing. :sadshoe:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:50 am
by moonfall
For the trim on my Franziska costume, I used....


Wright's bias tape.


Should have taken a picture.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:13 pm
by yabadab
Pearl the Barrister wrote:
Got it.

Klavierstraat in Duiven, Netherlands.



Great! I'm going to look for that one, if I'm correct, I live nearby that town!

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:24 pm
by Johnny Rotan
moonfall wrote:For the trim on my Franziska costume, I used....


Wright's bias tape.


Should have taken a picture.


No doubt you mean this:

Image

I knew the're was a package of the stuff floating arround here somewhere :phoenix: .

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:31 am
by Annalise S
Something else:

There are ten Wright Law Offices in California.

And I think (damn the vagueness of Google Maps) there's one Fey Law Office also in California.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:36 am
by Acroma v2.0
I saw a couple of nail polish bottles in a store with colors called "Dahlia" and "Iris."

They were right next to each other, too.

If I could figure out how to get pictures of my phone to my computer, I'd show you guys.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:43 am
by Lunaria42
Acroma v2.0 wrote:I saw a couple of nail polish bottles in a store with colors called "Dahlia" and "Iris."

They were right next to each other, too.

If I could figure out how to get pictures of my phone to my computer, I'd show you guys.


Some providers have an online site where you can upload your pictures from your phone.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:32 am
by Johnny Rotan
Acroma v2.0 wrote:I saw a couple of nail polish bottles in a store with colors called "Dahlia" and "Iris."

They were right next to each other, too.

If I could figure out how to get pictures of my phone to my computer, I'd show you guys.


If you see one called "Kristoph" or has "atro" in the name i wouldn't even touch the bottle :garyuu:

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:37 am
by CockatriceWright
One of our favorite clothes-shopping places is a store called A.J. Wright. No, the name isn't the only reason why I like it; they also have good prices, and that's why my mom likes it. XD

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:06 am
by Godot-Fangirl
this is an aromatherapy oil

ImageImage

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:09 am
by Johnny Rotan
CockatriceWright wrote:One of our favorite clothes-shopping places is a store called A.J. Wright. No, the name isn't the only reason why I like it; they also have good prices, and that's why my mom likes it. XD



Image
Simple but fits.

At Godot Fangirl's pic:
:beef: :nick-sweat:
Oh god. That's in the top 5 there
:chef: Z'ere. Oh. oui, oui, Z'at feels good!
:ack: Urgh! M-my eyes! MY EYES!

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:50 pm
by Pickens
Pearl the Barrister wrote:In my city there's a WayneWright Law Offices.
:payne: :phoenix:

Plus, in Houston there's an Apollo Street, an Edgeworth Street, a Dahlia Street, and a Marshall Street.

In Dayton, Ohio, there's an Acro Court and a Meekins Street in Elizabeth City, NC.


There's an Edgeworth Street in Greensboro, NC as well.

Also, cousins recently got a dog named "Phoenix" after the Elon College Mascot. When I heard I immediately thought "OH SWEET, I COULD BE RELATED TO MANFRED VON KARMA!" but then I realized I knew who their Grandparents were and my hopes were crushed. But I still don't know about Great Grandparents, so the possibility is still there. Well, other than the fact that he's a fictional character and all.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:15 pm
by Acroma v2.0
Johnny Rotan wrote:
Acroma v2.0 wrote:I saw a couple of nail polish bottles in a store with colors called "Dahlia" and "Iris."

They were right next to each other, too.

If I could figure out how to get pictures of my phone to my computer, I'd show you guys.


Spoiler:
If you see one called "Kristoph" or has "atro" in the name i wouldn't even touch the bottle :garyuu:


Well, that's a given. Anyway, I managed to get the picture onto my computer, so... here it is.

Spoiler: Saving space :that-b-word: :ayame:
Image

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:32 pm
by Salutation Here
There was a novelist who came up in a book I was reading today called Maria Edgeworth.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:27 pm
by Shadow Style
I've seen a meekins courthouse on a vacation to Tennessee it was a dinner and a show.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:41 pm
by Det. Bloom
There's a boy in my class whose last name is Wright.

My Japanese teacher's son's name is Phoenix. He also said, that, if the baby were born a girl, he and his wife would name it Mia.

I was like... omg. I squealed, actually.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:42 pm
by DramaticaXIV2
Detective Bloom wrote:There's a boy in my class whose last name is Wright.

My Japanese teacher's son's name is Phoenix. He also said, that, if the baby were born a girl, he and his wife would name it Mia.

I was like... omg. I squealed, actually.


You are:

NORMAL

Should I be in that position, well...

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:11 pm
by Prosecutor Manella
Three people in my year.

Diego.

Mia.

Dahlia.

Diego dumped Dahlia to go out with Mia.

To prove this, I will go and get my Yearbook, and take shots.

Re: Unintentional GS connections in real life.

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:47 pm
by fatalfeline
Acroma v2.0 wrote:
Spoiler: Saving space :that-b-word: :ayame:
Image


Hey! Those almost match the color of their clothes!

ImageImage

Aren't I right...?