Favourite Thing about AAI?

Come Gumshoe, the game, 'Ace Attorney Investigations', is afoot.
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Pierre »

Well I'm sure we've all got our own little things...

This game seems to operate under completely different methods than the other games and so there must be something each of us likes best about this unique and fascinating game. Be it Edgeworth another character or simply the fact they all get cute little sprites of themselves I'd like to hear what you like BEST about it.

Please if spoilers need mentioned make sure you use appropriate tabs.

For me....though it may be rather 'morbid' in a way. I like it best how there are so many unique 'penalty scripts'. With the previous games it has always been a set three per character. However with so many witnesses and members of law enforcement giving testimony there are so many different methods of punishing Miles for when his logic goes awry. I always loved these bits because they are especially comedic so it pleases me to see so many in one game (though hopefully not too many at once).
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
DecisiveYoshi
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:48 am
Custom Title: Don't eat the evidence!

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by DecisiveYoshi »

I enjoy how well everything flows together from investigation phases to arguments and confrontations. It feels much more intuitive than the set in stone system that the other games use.

I'll admit that I was skeptical about Edgeworth getting his own game, it just felt like it would end up being a fanservice game. I have to admit though, that I rather enjoy Edgeworth as a main protagonist. I love his snippy remarks and inner thought processes a lot more than I did Phoenix.

I also love the Logic system, it's nice to get the general ideas around a case and connect them to find out more for the investigation. It makes the whole investigation feel more intuitive since you aren't just relying on people and evidence, but your own thoughts as well.
Awesome signature and avatar done by bibliomaniac!
Image
QBnoYouko
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:30 am
Location: SF
Contact:

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by QBnoYouko »

I love how there's always some easter egg included in every episode of the game, be it character cameos or references. But as for the game itself, I really enjoyed how the cases were all connected in some way and was part of a major plot altogether. I also gotta say, Logic system is awesome.
Image
Storm Parakaitz
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:18 am
Custom Title: I wanna study YOUR beauty
Location: Everywhere.
Contact:

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Storm Parakaitz »

My favourite thing?

Tyrell Badd.
Yaragorm
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4993
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:26 am
Custom Title: Oh boy oh boy oh boy!
Location: CA

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Yaragorm »

Cammy Meele is my favorite thing about this game.

That and the Announce the Truth theme.
Image
Life's a Happy Song when there's someone by your side to sing along!
bonjourpanda
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:40 am
Custom Title: Asian
Location: Somewhere in Canada

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by bonjourpanda »

My favourite thing? Edgeworth, hahah.
I like the game's format more. I like investigating and the Logic thing too. The music is one of the best in the series and I like the characters.

Oh, and Tyrell Badd. I love his theme song.
I love Shi-Long Lang too.
Image
I ship Phoenix and Edgeworth and Phoenix and Iris.
Ben Credable (PI)
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 713
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:24 pm
Custom Title: The Potatoe's NOT a lie!! *cheers*
Location: Having fun in the land of potatoes! (Ahh! Potatobadger!)

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Ben Credable (PI) »

Many things, such as the logic system and great music. Not to mention.

Spoiler: Possible spoiler?
We see that Edgey is a secret Steel Samurai otaku.
bonjourpanda
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:40 am
Custom Title: Asian
Location: Somewhere in Canada

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by bonjourpanda »

Ben Credable (PI) wrote:Many things, such as the logic system and great music. Not to mention.

Spoiler: Possible spoiler?
We see that Edgey is a secret Steel Samurai otaku.


Made me lol. It's cute! Especially all the quotes he has in the last case towards the Butz.
Image
I ship Phoenix and Edgeworth and Phoenix and Iris.
Storm Parakaitz
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 581
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:18 am
Custom Title: I wanna study YOUR beauty
Location: Everywhere.
Contact:

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Storm Parakaitz »

bonjourpanda wrote:I like the game's format more. I like investigating and the Logic thing too. The music is one of the best in the series and I like the characters.

Oh, and Tyrell Badd. I love his theme song.
I love Shi-Long Lang too.

Dude you totally read my thoughts, every one of them
GigaHand
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:44 pm
Custom Title: ALL GLORY TO... SOMETHING
Location: Not in a courtroom, that's where.

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by GigaHand »

I couldn't decide which of the games' soundtracks was my favorite until AAI blew them all away. Outside that, my favorite thing was the Yatagarasu. Move over, Mask*DeMasque, we got a new awesome thief.

:accordion-head: WHY DON'T YOU LOVE MEEEEEEEEE?

EDIT: Ooh, I also loved when young Kay blew her nose on Edgey's cravat! Hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing for a while.
Image
Lisabasil1959
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 784
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:46 pm
Custom Title: Machine on the Inside
Location: Blue Screens Inc.

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Lisabasil1959 »

I like it because it's Capcom's apology for Apollo Justice.
ImageImage
Yew is an expert in playing tag!
Zairal
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:48 am
Custom Title: ♡ ♡ ♡

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Zairal »

Well, of course....

the LAWgic.

*badum-dum TSHHH*
More art like my avatar at http://jellyprince.com~~
Badskull
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:56 pm
Custom Title: No

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Badskull »

Lisabasil1959 wrote:I like it because it's Capcom's apology for Apollo Justice.


Haha, yes. =)
Pierre
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 14363
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
Location: Scotland

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Pierre »

Lisabasil1959 wrote:I like it because it's Capcom's apology for Apollo Justice.


Tch! AJ wasn't that bad.

That said AAI is like one giant mass of cameos where AJ had very few.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
Image
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
MezcaMorii
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 138
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 9:26 pm
Custom Title: 9300 is OVER 9000 SPARTANS!
Location: Jake Marshall's Homeland

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by MezcaMorii »

Gotta say, I loved it very much! :edgy: It'd probably be easier to list the things I didn't like because there was so much that I enjoyed.

I felt that Kay was an excellent heir to the spunky teen girl assistant crown. She seemed to have more character development devoid of her main quirk of thievery. The game also seemed more believable than the previous games, which I liked as well. And of course, the mini-sprites were glorious! My personal favorite was Gumshoe's "EEK!" sprite. All we need is a flashback case with some clapping Gant mini-sprites and I'll be set for life! And let's not forget the references to past games... those were fun too!

Spoiler:
I also liked how all five cases were connected to the smuggling ring, and how we learned more and more about the truth of each case the further we continued into the game. Though now I'm curious to know Calisto's true identity
Image
Acey Enn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1149
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:08 am
Custom Title: The Robert Downey Jr. Of Cookies
Location: Charismaville
Contact:

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Acey Enn »

I honestly can't think of anything major that I DON'T love about this game (I'm not quite finished yet). I think it's probably the funniest game in the series (in my opinion), which I love, and Kay is a solid addition to the cast. I also like how all the cases--all of them--are tied together by a common thread. While this does apply to most of the AA games, save for JFA, it seems especially true in this one.

The cameos also made me happy. For some reason, the Sal Manella cameo made me laugh hysterically, and seeing Phoenix, Maya, and Pearl in a boat together made me squee (Maya finally got the boat ride she wanted in 1-4!).

And I must agree with GigaHand on the cravat-as-a-hankerchief thing. I love how Edgey has a spare. XD
Image
WARNING: My dA may contain swearing, bad fanart, and gratuitous lesbianism.
BTW, GIVE GUMSHOE SOME GODDAMN MONEY, BITCHES
Mia Shoe
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:24 pm
Custom Title: A mean lean loving machine
Location: In your dreams

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Mia Shoe »

Five things that make this game complete genius!
1. Logic the only thing I was kinda good at 2+2=4 horay!
2. Gumshoe mass stalking desires.... :hotti:
3. Rou cause he's the cutest badass you'll ever meat
4. Kay cause she's the cutest thief you'll ever meet plus her friendship with Gummy makes me smile.
5. Edgeworth's little sound effects every time he(I) failed.
Currently thinking up an genius siggy ...
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Going for Miles »

I've only played 2 and ½ cases but so far, aside from the obvious thing; getting to play as Edgeworth (even though he is a bit too stuck up sometimes in this game) my favourite thing would have to be the walking, as I'm disproportionately amused by having Edgeworth walk back and forth in silly manners such as circling around Gumshoe, walking through Kay, walking straight ahead as far as possible so I can watch his ass and his swaying torso, getting close to Gumshoe, tapping the arrow several times to make him stumble across the scene and so on. And of course, bringing in those walking-figures also made this possible, which I found hilarious: (case 2)
Spoiler:
Image
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
NinjaMonkey
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2257
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:34 pm
Custom Title: Surf's Up!
Location: The gloomiest place on earth (i.e. the UK)

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by NinjaMonkey »

I liked the way investigation parts are handled in this game (I'm one of the few people who like both the investigation and cross examining parts of AA equally), being able to control Edgeworth, the Logic segments, the soundtrack, having a decent "final boss" (since AJ's was pathetic), the contrast between Kay and Edgeworth, having Bratziska as a partner and the overall character design.
Damarus
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:44 pm
Custom Title: Logic ~ The Way To The Truth
Location: H.P.'s Office, Room 1202, Portugal

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Damarus »

The Logic mode and the Soundtrack. Not to mention the way you carry out the investigations, they're well made.
ImageImageImage


Get away from my Miles, you old windbag!
Sligneris
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Sligneris »

Logic feature and AAI investigations.
 
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by WaitingforGodot »

I haven't played it all yet, I'm on case 4, but there are several things I enjoy a lot, such as seeing Edgeworth and the von Karmas interact, Calisto Yew, Badd, the music, everyone treating Miles like a kid in case 4, as well as his reactions to it...
And there are a lot of funny lines as well.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Cravat of Doom
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 am
Custom Title: earthlings on fire
Location: Hazakura Temple

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Cravat of Doom »

Spoiler:
when it ended
I'm just kidding-- I do like it despite my complaints. I liked the ability to walk around the crime scene. I don't think it would work as well for the regular series, but it was fun and refreshing in this game. The music was really good, too. And the ability to play Edgeworth's "first" trial was interesting and definitely my favourite case in the game.

Lots of Gumshoe, too. :)
ImageImageImage
...and there's fifteen feet of pure white snow
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by WaitingforGodot »

Kay coming out of nowhere kicking Miles cracked me up for some reason. Perhaps because people coming out of nowhere kicking others often amuses me. Like the time Matt Engarde did that to me.
Cravat of Doom wrote:
And the ability to play Edgeworth's "first" trial was interesting and definitely my favourite case in the game.

Lots of Gumshoe, too. :)
Yes, I liked those aspects as well!
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Going for Miles »

The possibilities are infinite with those mini-sprites. For example I found Edgeworth sliding down a pole hilarious.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by WaitingforGodot »

GoingforMiles wrote:The possibilities are infinite with those mini-sprites. For example I found Edgeworth sliding down a pole hilarious.
That's true. The mini-sprites look so damn awkward as well, it's amusing.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Going for Miles »

Especially one time in AAI2 when several people arrives from an elevator and then they just startturning around a bit, all at the same time. Like, hello. Awkward.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Kashtara
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Kashtara »

The logic system and the cameos were pretty cool. But the thing I found hilarious was when
Spoiler:
Lang got Franzy's whip
User avatar
davech1987
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:20 am
Custom Title: OBJECTION.I object that is objectionable
Location: UK

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by davech1987 »

It is small but one thing i really like is when edgeworth in doing the logic near the end of a case and it has the music play and flashes back to the parts that lead him to that point it always looks cool I think eg in case 2
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth- Sherlock Holmes
kurainkun
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:32 pm
Custom Title: Kurain Fey! Lolness, behold~!

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by kurainkun »

Da moosic! And Edgey of course! :pearl:
Kurain Fey! Spirit Medium at Law!
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by WaitingforGodot »

Oh, I really love seeing Franziska and Edgeworth working together. Franziska as his "superior" in case 5 is... cute. :acro:

And and and the relationship between Gumshoe and Kay. It's wonderful, they make the cutest pals.

Also, concerning the (good) music, I absolutely adore Two Embassies ~ The Countries of the Butterfly and the Flower, definitely one of my favourite tunes, not only in that game, but in all of AA.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
User avatar
GentlemanGamer
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm
Custom Title: A Seeker of Truth
Location: Canada

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by GentlemanGamer »

I found being in Edgey's shoes for a whole game was a refreshing change of pace. His straight-laced attitude, confidence and intelligence made him feel like a more capable protagonist -sorry Phoenix, but you can sometimes be a dunce :phoenix: -as well as a more interesting one, if only because he was outside of the normal AA protagonist mold. Plus he's one of my favorite characters in the series (in the top 5, at least... though I'm not sure where :ron: ), so that helped to :edgey:

Beyond that, I enjoyed a lot about the game: I liked it's unique flow, a lot of the new characters (Kay Faraday, Shi-Long Lang, Callisto Yew, etc), a lot of the returning ones, the killer soundtrack and the overarching plot. That said, the one thing that bothered me plot wise was ...
Spoiler: AAI Case 5 Climax
The last part of the game, during the climax with Alba; I REALIZE he's an ambassador and a tough opponent, but the fact the game kept repeating the 'saved at the last second' thing and had some character come forward with some 'case-breaking' piece of evidence felt... frusturating. I mean,it was nice finally defeating that SOB and his breakdown made the whole thing feel worth it, but don't tell me that that couldn't have been done better, because it clearly could've been
aside from that, it was a stellar title, and I can't wait till the sequel is fully translated :phoenix:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Alonso Swift
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 am
Custom Title: Ace Explorer
Location: The Yggdrasil Labyrinth

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Alonso Swift »

GentlemanGamer wrote:I found being in Edgey's shoes for a whole game was a refreshing change of pace. His straight-laced attitude, confidence and intelligence made him feel like a more capable protagonist -sorry Phoenix, but you can sometimes be a dunce :phoenix: -as well as a more interesting one, if only because he was outside of the normal AA protagonist mold. Plus he's one of my favorite characters in the series (in the top 5, at least... though I'm not sure where :ron: ), so that helped to :edgey:

Beyond that, I enjoyed a lot about the game: I liked it's unique flow, a lot of the new characters (Kay Faraday, Shi-Long Lang, Callisto Yew, etc), a lot of the returning ones, the killer soundtrack and the overarching plot. That said, the one thing that bothered me plot wise was ...
Spoiler: AAI Case 5 Climax
The last part of the game, during the climax with Alba; I REALIZE he's an ambassador and a tough opponent, but the fact the game kept repeating the 'saved at the last second' thing and had some character come forward with some 'case-breaking' piece of evidence felt... frusturating. I mean,it was nice finally defeating that SOB and his breakdown made the whole thing feel worth it, but don't tell me that that couldn't have been done better, because it clearly could've been
aside from that, it was a stellar title, and I can't wait till the sequel is fully translated :phoenix:
I just beat AAI yesterday, and that was my thought exactly.
Spoiler:
I think Alba drew the whole thing out to ridiculous lengths. I think, after the whole 'ex-ambassador' thing came in, they should've hauled his ass off to the detention center. But instead, we got, like, 4 more testimonies that were basically "But you don't have definitive proof, therefore you've lost your entire argument!"
...Then again, that's most AA villains. But they don't draw things out like Alba did.
Other than that, yeah, awesome game!
Image
Well? Are we going or what?
User avatar
GentlemanGamer
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm
Custom Title: A Seeker of Truth
Location: Canada

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by GentlemanGamer »

AlonsoSwift wrote: I just beat AAI yesterday, and that was my thought exactly.
Spoiler:
I think Alba drew the whole thing out to ridiculous lengths. I think, after the whole 'ex-ambassador' thing came in, they should've hauled his ass off to the detention center. But instead, we got, like, 4 more testimonies that were basically "But you don't have definitive proof, therefore you've lost your entire argument!"
...Then again, that's most AA villains. But they don't draw things out like Alba did.
Other than that, yeah, awesome game!
Glad you agree :phoenix: If it wasn't for that fly in the ointment, the game would've been near perfect as far as Ace Attorney games go. But ce la vie; such is life :jake: But then again, as you said, this happens with almost every other villain;no matter HOW well constructed and persuasive your evidence is, if you don't have 'definitive' proof, you lose. It doesn't matter if the case against the defendant doesn't hold up as well anymore and it's circumstancial either way; if you can't build a flawless case, they get away. Not that I mind this TERRIBLY -I mean, we always get them in the end, don't we? :trucy: And I suppose there wouldn't be as much suspense if this rule wasn't in place- but it is a leap of logic that is prevalent throughout the series :ron:

Anyhoo, this makes it sound like have something against AAI and Ace Attorneu in general, so moving on; yeah, great game, great game :phoenix: I've heard from people who've played the full of the sequel that apparently it's the better of the two. I don't speak Japanese and thus am waiting for the fan translation to be finished ; how do you think it'll compare :maya: The first game is so good and really makes the investigation angle WORK; I'm not sure what to expect from the second :trucy: Your thoughts? :ron:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Alonso Swift
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 am
Custom Title: Ace Explorer
Location: The Yggdrasil Labyrinth

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Alonso Swift »

GentlemanGamer wrote:Anyhoo, this makes it sound like have something against AAI and Ace Attorneu in general, so moving on; yeah, great game, great game :phoenix: I've heard from people who've played the full of the sequel that apparently it's the better of the two. I don't speak Japanese and thus am waiting for the fan translation to be finished ; how do you think it'll compare :maya: The first game is so good and really makes the investigation angle WORK; I'm not sure what to expect from the second :trucy: Your thoughts? :ron:
Well, I think the first order of business is to make sure the fan translation is still happening (from what I hear, they're still stalled on only having 2 cases). But apart from that, I'm generally feeling positive about it. I thought it was cool seeing Ace Attorney characters outside of the typical 'investigation-trial' format, and while I'm no expert, I think the game's mechanics worked pretty well.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that the first one has given me a good outlook for the second, as soon as we can get the rest translated.
Image
Well? Are we going or what?
User avatar
GentlemanGamer
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm
Custom Title: A Seeker of Truth
Location: Canada

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by GentlemanGamer »

AlonsoSwift wrote: Well, I think the first order of business is to make sure the fan translation is still happening (from what I hear, they're still stalled on only having 2 cases). But apart from that, I'm generally feeling positive about it. I thought it was cool seeing Ace Attorney characters outside of the typical 'investigation-trial' format, and while I'm no expert, I think the game's mechanics worked pretty well.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that the first one has given me a good outlook for the second, as soon as we can get the rest translated.
I actually have an account on the old CR forums, and I check back there periodically to see how they're doing; that's the place they use to confer with each other about the progress of the game, which parts they've completed, etc. From what I can tell they're still making headway, though I don't know what the current 'status' is of each case. I think they said though that they plan to have a release sometime later this year, hopefully by summer time if we're lucky :phoenix:

And back to AAI... yeah, the mechanics WERE pretty good :phoenix: I liked how it flowed from 'confrontations' (a.k.a cross-examinations) to investigations and back again with relative ease, giving it a very unique structure as far as AA games are concerned :phoenix:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
Alonso Swift
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 737
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:04 am
Custom Title: Ace Explorer
Location: The Yggdrasil Labyrinth

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by Alonso Swift »

GentlemanGamer wrote:
AlonsoSwift wrote: Well, I think the first order of business is to make sure the fan translation is still happening (from what I hear, they're still stalled on only having 2 cases). But apart from that, I'm generally feeling positive about it. I thought it was cool seeing Ace Attorney characters outside of the typical 'investigation-trial' format, and while I'm no expert, I think the game's mechanics worked pretty well.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that the first one has given me a good outlook for the second, as soon as we can get the rest translated.
I actually have an account on the old CR forums, and I check back there periodically to see how they're doing; that's the place they use to confer with each other about the progress of the game, which parts they've completed, etc. From what I can tell they're still making headway, though I don't know what the current 'status' is of each case. I think they said though that they plan to have a release sometime later this year, hopefully by summer time if we're lucky :phoenix:
So, they've been working in secret?
I suppose, that way they don't have to worry about as many people spamming them with 'OMG wen iz teh releas?'

...I can't believe I just made myself type that horribly :yogi:
Image
Well? Are we going or what?
User avatar
GentlemanGamer
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm
Custom Title: A Seeker of Truth
Location: Canada

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by GentlemanGamer »

AlonsoSwift wrote: So, they've been working in secret?
I suppose, that way they don't have to worry about as many people spamming them with 'OMG wen iz teh releas?'

...I can't believe I just made myself type that horribly :yogi:
It's okay, I'm not judging :trucy: Anyways, it isn't a COMPLETELY secret forum- one of the mods posted a link to it in the main AAI2 thread a while back- but yeah, for all intents and purposes it's been cut off from the 'normal' CR. I think it's probably so their work can get done efficiently without people spamming 'OMG wen iz teh releas?', or 'Status Update? Status Update? STATUS UPDATE?!' and bothering the lot of them, like you said :phoenix: They do post occasionally within that forum to give a progress report, but on the whole they try not to make too many posts regarding that or the projected release date; they've said a few times that they're avoiding doing so to save us disappointment if they're not able to make it. :ron: I know all this because I've applied a couple times for a role in development to no avail, but through the process have learned a bit about their inner workings through my trawlings :trucy:


In any case, to make a long story short they're still keeping at it, which definitely is good news for the rest of us :trucy:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
User avatar
GentlemanGamer
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 329
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 pm
Custom Title: A Seeker of Truth
Location: Canada

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by GentlemanGamer »

GentlemanGamer wrote:
AlonsoSwift wrote: So, they've been working in secret?
I suppose, that way they don't have to worry about as many people spamming them with 'OMG wen iz teh releas?'

...I can't believe I just made myself type that horribly :yogi:
It's okay, I'm not judging :trucy: Anyways, it isn't a COMPLETELY secret forum- one of the mods posted a link to it in the main AAI2 thread a while back- but yeah, for all intents and purposes it's been cut off from the 'normal' CR. I think it's probably so their work can get done efficiently without people spamming 'OMG wen iz teh releas?', or 'Status Update? Status Update? STATUS UPDATE?!' and bothering the lot of them, like you said :phoenix: They do post occasionally within that forum to give a progress report, but on the whole they try not to make too many posts regarding that or the projected release date; they've said a few times that they're avoiding doing so to save us disappointment if they're not able to make it. :ron: I know all this because I've applied a couple times for a role in development to no avail, but through the process have learned a bit about their inner workings through my trawlings :trucy:


In any case, to make a long story short they're still keeping at it, which definitely is good news for the rest of us :trucy:
I find it ironic how on the same day I post this, we get our next AAI2 patch :trucy:
"No one can change the past. The only thing we can do is strive to make up for our mistakes. Why must we make up for our mistakes, you ask? Because in so doing... we can find the way back to our path. And once we've found our path, we can move on from our past mistakes toward a brighter future."- Phoenix Wright
jrdngdwn
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:14 am
Custom Title: I strive to find the truth!
Location: In court

Re: Favourite Thing about AAI?

Post by jrdngdwn »

What was my favorite thing about it was the great story. It had an amazing story that spread over 5 episodes, instead of 1 different story per episode. It was big and complicated, unlike a 1-episode story with not as much time to construct a complicated story.
Image
I have obtained a new achievement-typing the letter c gives the Court Records website.
Post Reply