With the ending of Ghost Trick I see plenty of room for a sequel! E.g: Kamila stating that Sissel never gets any older (That he may still have ghost tricks!)
Also, I've been thinking. At the end of the game, doesn't the ghost world have a blue tinge for Sissel, rather than a Red one? That's the same colour as Yomiel, which makes sense because Sissel (the cat) was killed in the same was as Yomiel originally was.
This means that, assumably, Sissel now has the ability to manipulate people/corpses rather than inanimate objects, and no longer has the ability to go back in time. With that in mind, if there was a sequel, and if Sissel was the protagonist, it would be dramatically different gameplay-wise.
I think when Missile said his powers were getting weaker over time, it was because he was getting old, since 10 years is a long time for a dog's life span. This explanation didn't really make sense to me since he's already dead, but whatever lol. For Yomiel, 10 years is just time for him to develop his powers since 10 years doesn't really mean much for humans.
As for the ghost tricks, I think it makes sense that Sissel would have Yomiel's powers, after reading Darth's explanation. Just because it's named Ghost Trick doesn't mean that the same game elements have to be in every sequel. For example, the first Ace Attorney game didn't have the Magatama trick, nor Apollo Justice's lie-detecting, nor Edgeworth's logic system, but they're all still accepted as Ace Attorney games. I think Capcom can think of new powers to play around with for a sequel. Who knows if they'd make Sissel the main protagonist again, but I think I can see him as a supporting character.
I was wrong about the aura being blue at the end though, I played it again and it is red, as it was in the rest of the game. It would still make sense for him to have Yomiel's powers, though.
No, it wouldn't. Powers of the Dead are individual, they don't have anything to do with how that person died. Look at Missile: he was killed the first time in the first timeline by a bullet, and he still got the power to switch objects, just like he did in the game.
The powers of the dead could vary from the way the victim was exposed to the radiation. Yomiel died with the very cause of the radiation inside his body, which led to one kind of power, Sissel died in the presence of Yomiel's radioactive body, causing another (some might say weaker version of Yomiel's) power to appear, and Missile died in near the comet, causing the third power. I have nothing to back this up, but who knows why the powers differ..
I was so sad... I was like..."A cat...all that work...and you're a stinky cat..." It's even more sad because I'm allergic to cats. And I was totally in love with Sissel in the body of Yomiel...but whatever, it's cool. I still love the game :D
Jack Lamber wrote:I always thought about it this way:
Spoiler:
The powers of the dead could vary from the way the victim was exposed to the radiation. Yomiel died with the very cause of the radiation inside his body, which led to one kind of power, Sissel died in the presence of Yomiel's radioactive body, causing another (some might say weaker version of Yomiel's) power to appear, and Missile died in near the comet, causing the third power. I have nothing to back this up, but who knows why the powers differ..
That wouldn't work for Missile/Ray. The first time he got his powers from Yomiel's "body", just like Sissel, and he still got the power to switch objects(he tells you during his story).
Darth GW7 wrote:Yomiel said that powers got STRONGER with time...
Also, I've been thinking. At the end of the game, doesn't the ghost world have a blue tinge for Sissel, rather than a Red one? That's the same colour as Yomiel, which makes sense because Sissel (the cat) was killed in the same was as Yomiel originally was.
This means that, assumably, Sissel now has the ability to manipulate people/corpses rather than inanimate objects, and no longer has the ability to go back in time. With that in mind, if there was a sequel, and if Sissel was the protagonist, it would be dramatically different gameplay-wise.
I know, I know, these are famous last words, but I seriously don't see how that would work. Firstly, what aim could he have that would be helped by the ability to manipulate people, and secondly how would they pull it off without the time travel ability? The fun in Ghost Trick is the trial and error! It's probably the only game that is unrepentant about how trial and error is a crucial part of gameplay, but it's also the only game in which it's properly fun! It was really clever how almost every time you screwed badly, it would usually then become obvious to you straight away what you were meant to do, and how you would do it next time. And it added checkpoints to avoid too much repetition. And story-wise, everything seems nicely tied up at the end of the game. I find it one of the most satisfying game endings EVER as it truly defines closure. All question's answered, no plot holes that I can think of (seriously impressive for any story that involves time travel, just look at the Back to the Future trilogy!) and pretty much everyone is happy!
Uh...Sorry to break in randomly but, In the credit roll, you see Beauty and Dandy (The black hearted blue man) blasting off a safe, with 20 KILOgrams of gun powder...But when it bursts, all the money fall on the curry-head guy. SO what exactly happened to them?
aliceaceattorney wrote:Uh...Sorry to break in randomly but, In the credit roll, you see Beauty and Dandy (The black hearted blue man) blasting off a safe, with 20 KILOgrams of gun powder...But when it bursts, all the money fall on the curry-head guy. SO what exactly happened to them?
Uhhh...I guess that was their ride back to their planet...? I have no bloody idea haha
Oh..Uh..I see....Did they um...like DIE? Or...maybe someone else went back to four minutes before their death and..and..OH CRAP! I f33l a ray of cr33tive powerz c0ming 0n! ROFL! (Now...,where was that from?)
aliceaceattorney wrote:Oh..Uh..I see....Did they um...like DIE? Or...maybe someone else went back to four minutes before their death and..and..OH CRAP! I f33l a ray of cr33tive powerz c0ming 0n! ROFL! (Now...,where was that from?)
*RANDOM STUFF-YOU'VE BEEN WARNED*L0L! IM COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS!*Aaa-hheeeem* My best opinion was that only . I can't just think them surviving a blast from TWENTY KILOGRAMS OF GUNPOWDER. TWENTY KILOGRAMS is a lot you know... ( )....(No, I don't why I really put that in... )(I'M COMPLETELY OBLIVIOUS!)SEE WHERE I GOT THAT FROM!
here's how the storyline should go. It is revealed at the end of the game that sissel is now in the same situation as yomiel was. The limbo state. A new form of the gameplay would be the ability to manipulate sissels "corpse" like yomiel did. You retain the abilities of manipulation, phone travel, and 4 minutes before death,. The storyline takes place in the new present, and since the following 4 were there for the final fate change they should retain their memories:yomiel,missle,sissel, and jowd. The foregn country should return. How's that
I just finished the game, and to be honest, my head feels a little heavy due all those plot twists Also final chapter, you kept getting a person out of trouble and then someone else was in danger
Phoenix Fanatic wrote::objection: With the ending of Ghost Trick I see plenty of room for a sequel! E.g: Kamila stating that Sissel never gets any older (That he may still have ghost tricks!)
If you saw that moment when
Spoiler:
Sissel and Lynne reunite at the end, you notice that Sissel has the aura of that meteorite. he got "killed" same way Yomiel got "killed", they just thought he was "unconscious"
that was pretty neat
PhoenixFlower16 wrote:I was so sad... I was like..."A cat...all that work...and you're a stinky cat..." It's even more sad because I'm allergic to cats. And I was totally in love with Sissel in the body of Yomiel...but whatever, it's cool. I still love the game :D
I... kinda feel the same way.
Also
Spoiler:
Missile is the best character
Does anyone have the game's script/dialogue? I would like to have every part with missile, he's funny and adorable
enerccio wrote:But damn, with this kind of an ending, it's hard to see any sequel.
weellll~ I DO see an opportunity for a sequel the blue-skinned people are actually quite popular among the fanbase and there's plenty of oppertunity for character develpment and backstory. And the fact that Sissel now can't die also factors into sequal making material
And I also remember reading somewhere that Capcom's gonna make a sequel if the fans demand one. Not sure where though.
Well, seeing as in the beginning, the assassin getting crushed by the wrecking ball didn't make a bloody mess and instead had him cartoonishly splatted on it, I'd say that the blue people would probably just get burn marks everywhere, also cartoonish. Also, why was there a gigantic money filled vault in the Chicken Kitchen?
I would never have guessed Sissel was a cat - so Lynne did accidentally shoot Sissel after all! :( All that work... and you were just a cat?!? But the real crusher was finding out the truth behind the desk lamp's story - I never would have guessed he was actually poor old Missile :( At the very start then, did Yomiel possess you (when you're really the cat?) I honestly thought the corpse of the guy in red was really ME. I wasnt sure if trusted Yomiel at first - in the part just before you begin Chapter 17 he seems a good guy, but earlier we just saw him being evil manipulating Cabanela.. etc but I did find his story sad and tragic at the end :(
I kinda wanted Sissel to be a person at the end (maybe he would end up with Lynne). It did make me think about the names though which I did notice beforehand - they rhyme - Sissel and Missile - why didnt I make the connection? :D I also wonder how Missile would react to his best friend being a cat all this time - given the accepted animosity between dogs and cats most of the time.
I'd like to see some GT characters in GS5 (or a later AA game) - think about it, Maya is a spirit medium and Sissel is a ghost right?
Hsu: The same thing happened with Ace Attorney. When they originally made the first Ace Attorney, they put everything into it, not really thinking about making it a sequel, not knowing if they could even get a sequel. Same thing for Ghost Trick. If people really want a sequel, if there is really a demand for it, we'd certainly love to create a sequel or whatever down the line. But right now, we're just happy with Ghost Trick having made that game, putting everything into it.
I think he's saying if the demand is there they could make a sequel. I think Sissel's story is over now though, so maybe new characters would be used?
grim_tales wrote:I also wonder how Missile would react to his best friend being a cat all this time - given the accepted animosity between dogs and cats most of the time.
He knows. It doesn't bother him.
Spoiler:
You don't need to use spoiler tabs here, by the way :keiko:
Ghost Trick has got to be one of the best games I've ever played! Such a great story.
Spoiler:
I was very happy to find out that Sissel was really the black cat, because, well, I love cats... especially black ones! And I just thought it was a very clever, cute twist.
When we found out that "Ray" was really old Missile, and heard his story. I admit I teared up a bit...
In Ghost World shot he is blue, which mean he isn't alive, because alive creatures are orange. In fact, he also have this flame and it looks just like he is possessing core in his body. It seems he was hit by Temsik, because he has this radiation in his body. It can be that his cat body is shell, just like Yomiel's body was. However, it seems he don't have Yomiel's powers because:
1. Ghost World is red, not blue, which means he has the same type of powers as earlier.
2. Lynne doesn't have a core - neither orange or blue. Someone with power to manipulate others sees blue cores inside their body.
3. And, obviously he isn't human.
I think he can just as Yomiel at the beggining - manipulate small objects, and apparently small, dead bodies. I think his powers are a little stronger, because he was hit by Temsik and have it inside not only did in its radiation. The clue here is the fact, that Kamila said that he hasn't changed for these ten years and remained a kitten.
In Ghost World shot he is blue, which mean he isn't alive, because alive creatures are orange. In fact, he also have this flame and it looks just like he is possessing core in his body. It seems he was hit by Temsik, because he has this radiation in his body. It can be that his cat body is shell, just like Yomiel's body was. However, it seems he don't have Yomiel's powers because:
1. Ghost World is red, not blue, which means he has the same type of powers as earlier.
2. Lynne doesn't have a core - neither orange or blue. Someone with power to manipulate others sees blue cores inside their body.
3. And, obviously he isn't human.
I think he can just as Yomiel at the beggining - manipulate small objects, and apparently small, dead bodies. I think his powers are a little stronger, because he was hit by Temsik and have it inside not only did in its radiation. The clue here is the fact, that Kamila said that he hasn't changed for these ten years and remained a kitten.
Also, don't forget that in the current timeline, Sissel was killed - and got his powers - ten years ago. We know, both from Yomiel and Missile, that the powers of the dead evolve over time, so he had a good ten years to get into it now.
I've never seen an ending so simultaneously confusing yet emotional. It's nice but weird at times. You definitely need to keep some notes for the ending,because there are a lot of questions it raises whose answers were given way earlier in the game. Still pretty satisfying,even if I got sick of the credits music fast.
AchtungBaby wrote:I have to admit that the ending was complicated and not everything was easy to understand. I really need to replay Ghost Trick sometime.