Page 1 of 1
The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:05 pm
by zachariah Von-Karma
!WELCOME!
This is a thread for every ones favourite dancing law enforcer: Inspector Cabanella
this guy is soooo awesome its unreal, he's like a combination of PW's Godot and Damon Gant mixed in a blender with a dash of Michael Jackson.
His constant suave attitude mixed with the infectiously slick dancing is truly hilarious, as well as the weirdly wonderful dialogue and even his damn catchy theme with its jazzy disco tune all equal a truly bizarre yet easily recognizable character that you cant help but enjoy.
but what do you think about him, and why do you like him?
Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:40 pm
by P.B. Crudstache
Of course, the dance!

the way he talks is funny, too.
Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:29 am
by Pierre
Love him because of his style....and because he can have one of the funniest deaths in the whole thing.
Though I'd always felt he was more Elvis than M.J. with the hair and the white coat and dance moves.
Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:36 am
by Church Of Sumire
I wish i had a bedset of Cabanela

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 8:27 pm
by Going for Miles
He got on my nerves quite a lot of the time, but nevertheless a fun guy. Love his dancing, and when he was serious, he was absolutely awesome.
Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:04 pm
by WaitingforGodot
First I thought he seemed shady! That smoooooth dance moves were a bit too smooth... I never disliked him, I just found him shady, but he grew on me... I love him.
Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:54 pm
by Lucy
He has my second favourite theme in the whole game, behind Lynne's theme.
Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:57 pm
by venser
Yea, his theme music is pretty epic... makes you want to do the Cabanela walk.

I also really liked Lynne's theme as well as Jowd's.
Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:10 pm
by Going for Miles
Oh, Jowd's theme is the best :D:D
Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:39 pm
by Lucy
I can't remember Jowd's theme. I need to look it up now!
EDIT: I couldn't find it. :/ Do you think someone could give me a link please?

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:16 am
by Going for Miles
Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:35 pm
by WaitingforGodot
My love for Cabanela is juuust on the edge of platonic/non-platonic, and frankly; it scares me.

Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:56 pm
by Lucy
Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:43 pm
by Yash K. Productions
Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:21 am
by WaitingforGodot
Ah, but really... He's my favourite. Thinking about the game almost a year after playing it, he's the one that makes me the happiest when I think about the characters. I just adore Cabanela.
And him being shot in the head with the helmet, being and looking deader than dead can be, apparenly never stops being hilarious in my opinion. Makes me wish I made that mistake myself, catching myself off guard by the borrowed DS, instead of just hearing about it and seeing a video. Sigh. The gift that keeps on giving. My humor is (not always) top-notch.
Edit: Eh, what the hell was that about platonic-non-platonic last August? Seems like I crushed on Cabanela. I don't remember writing that, I don't remember feeling that. Whatever.
Whatever.
Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:43 pm
by Southern Corn
Frankly,I love the guy. One of my favourite characters and even though I got a few wounds trying to dance like him,he's still a cool person.
Though
Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:24 pm
by Apollo4Justice
Considerinf how much power the Minister of Justice has in this universe over legal punishments, I wouldn't call it a stretch that he pardoned Cabanela, since the Minister knows exactly what otherworldly things can happen.
Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:07 pm
by TurtleCat
Cabanela had a great character - it was so easy to suspect him of being THE MASTERMIND which made the twists so perfect.
I've written some "Black-coat" Cabanela and I have to say, what I love about that, is how UTTERLY THREATENING his speech pattern becomes when he's evil. It's a delight to write.
Re: The Lanky law-man in the white coat *M.J incarnate*
Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:04 am
by MBr
Nothing like him, baby!
I gotta play this game again. His theme is my favourite music of GT’s soundtrack.