Board index » General » Trial Minutes

Page 1 of 8[ 308 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

AAI2 Translation: Case 1+2 Patch ReleasedTopic%20Title

元・超会社員級の管理人

It's been a long hard road, and there's more still to come, but the ever-persistent Gyakuten Kenji 2 fan translation team has made its first release! The patch covers cases 1 and 2 of the game.

For a full status update, including how to help finish the patch, please see the post at the old C-R forums; registration is required. You can also check out the full readme here.

To play the game, you must have a clean ROM of Gyakuten Kenji 2 (C-R will not provide this). I'll let project leader Auryn explain the rest:

Auryn wrote:
Remember to keep a copy of the clean ROM for future patches (we have yet to decide if we will make a progressive patch or you will always need to use a clean ROM.
For this patch we offer you 2 patch formats:
BEAT: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/893/
Xdelta: http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

For Xdelta, choose the Xdelta download link, decompress the patch, run Xdelta UI, select your ROM, select the patch, then "Patch" when you finish, play it on emu or transfer to your micro SD card.

And a few words on bugs and feedback:
Auryn wrote:
5) Known issues
a) One issue affecting your gameplay are the voice command (when you screem "Hold it" or "Objection" to your NDS), they seem broken.

b) A second issue is that when you load a savegame, it's possible that you will get an empty text box.
Don't be scared, the next text will show up as usual.
If you are on a cross examination, you can go forward and back and you will get the missing text.

At the moment there are no other known issues.

Please report any problems you encounter when playing the game.

6) Feedback
Your feedback, corrections, suggestions etc... are naturally welcome.
When posting corrections / typos / text overflows, please be clear on where it happens and if possible with a screenshot.
If you have problems like freezes, glitches or messed up screens, please specify what configuration you are playing with:
emu/flashcard, version, OS and naturally where it happens.
You can give feedback on the thread where you downloaded this patch (on RHDN or GBATEMP) or per EMAIL: patch.feedback@gmail.com

Credits to everyone who's helped out with the project:
Auryn wrote:
Well the list here is long...very long, I hope I have not forgotten anybody (no special order):

Hacking/format discovery: Hackerdelaplaque, jjjewel, Henke37 and myself.

Tools: Hackerdelaplaque (Sprite and Text Studio), Henke37 (GKTool) and Whivel (AceFontII).

Translation: BigKlingy, Choky, N-Forza, Tanaka Houji, Runebearer, FinalClipX, Jin and Bad Player.

Localization / Text Insertion: Fatalfeline, Mrichston, Redjiggly, Junebug493, 6Toushiro9, Mracy, Gerkuman, Paladia, Jacunni, missyquints, Rollingball, Aleister, Jorpho, Ginko, Etherealblade, ChaosArgate, black imperator, Gameleon, j00m, mujie, Wolverfrog and SuperAj3.

Voice editing/ Voice Insertion / Voice Actors: HanOnimous, Sempermania, Katya-Edgeworth, Sonicshadows, Byronic Hero, Negihyga90, Inverseman, Tivanenk, Zergrinch, PVHD, Crazed Ninjia, SLeon, Spario the endernerd (Wario), Fusionmaster, iViking, , MSAnemanja2/super saiyan, AJS, Bii and Wellington2K

Graphics Editing / Graphics Insertion: Mrichston, Secretmonster, Jinnai, Hamster, Percei, 6Toushiro9 and myself.

Cake Movie: Wellington2K and Mrichston

Testing / Debugging: Mrichston, Hackerdelaplaque, Choky, DarkSonic22, Rollingball, Henke37, Plastic Wright, Xalusc, Shiro9, Accord, FinalClipX, Hanonimous and myself.

A thanks to DeMatador, Tateyuki Shigaraki and Henke37 because those are the people that tried to start this project back in April 2011 even if they didn't know much about ROM hacking and a special thanks to the first 2 for letting me take over (involuntarily) the head of this project. Being at the head of such a big project and big group is equaly an honor as an hard work.
Some other people that didn't work directly on the project but still was around for decisions or supports:
Permafry_42, Lusankya and all that helped in anyway (example all those people that helped choose the names of the characters in the game).

Thanks to all the people that supported us in this project since the beginning (or later on) and thanks to all the fan that gave us the energy to continue this work.
Naturally thanks to Capcom for making the game.

In rememberence of the passed away "Sato Sarushiro" (AKA "Katherene"). She was a big fan of GK2 and sadly she will never play the english version.

And finally, the patch:

BEAT Download links:
BEAT Patch from MEGA
BEAT Patch from Filetrip

Xdelta Download links:
Xdelta Patch from MEGA
Xdelta Patch from Filetrip

Let's give a big hand to the team - they've been working hard these past few years, and with an official AAI2 release all but impossible at this point, they're letting everyone who can't speak Japanese get a shot at this missing piece of the Ace Attorney puzzle. Well done!
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:
If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Re: AAI2 Translation: Case 1+2 Patch ReleasedTopic%20Title

What is my liiiife?!?

I'd like to add that not only will CR not provide a Rom, no links are to be posted either.

I mean, you have google for goodness sake. :P

OMFG Image about time they finally released the patch for case 1 and 2

Nice name, isn't it?

Great to hear! I really respect everyone in the translation team for making this possible. I will definitely get this once I import AAI2, I mean Prosecutor's Path. :jake:
PSN: Davidgui | Wii U Username: D-Man218

Heh heh.

HOLY SH---

Congrats on getting the first release out, guys! And good luck with the rest of it!

Now, to figure out how the heck to get a clean ROM...
So I finally grew a brain and remembered to give myself a signature... Whoopee.
Snackoos IRL. They are delicious and are covered in real chocolate. #so-grateful-I'm-Filipino

Excuse me if I contradict myself. I do that.

I wish I WERE the best.

Ah, how nice. Can't wait to give AAI2 (it's more clear than Prosecutor's Path, where people would think it's a fangame or something) a try once and for all.

Dracarys!

This thread...

Fate Testarossa

It's happening. It's finally happening.

Glad to see that you guys fixed the text-buffer bug and all that.

Fate is made by クロス

Did the patch :sparkly-maggey: works on Desmume mac :grossburg:

Ok, I know you guys won't link to the rom, but if I find one, does it have to be played on PC? or can I put it on my 3DS somehow? Will I need a device like an R4 or something? Would this work if I imported the game? and If so, how do I get the patch on my 3Ds. Sorry if this isn't the place to ask these questions.

Thank you very much, team! I can't wait to play it!

did anyone one patch it and had a issue about it going black after case 1 opening?

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

A big thanks to everyone who contributed and supported this project!

Btw, what's a "clean" ROM?
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

Programmer

A clean rom means a plain old not at all modified copy of the game.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

Levi x Tide detergent OTP

Crap.
"Girl, shut up and drink my spiked coffee." - Godot AckermanImage

1000% Knight

Congratz on getting this done and released guys!
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Straight-up offering ROMs is a no-no.

N3OPHYT3 L3G1SL4C3R4TOR

Thank you to everyone who made this possible!! I am so excited. My birthday is only 8 days away so I consider this an early birthday gift, and the best best beeest one of all time. Just in time for my 23rd, I get to spend time with Miles. Cries of jubilation aren't enough.

(´Д`)y~~ get out

Great, great work from everyone involved!

For what it's worth, the patch has worked pretty much flawlessly so far on my R4i Gold 3DS. I'm only maybe a bit less than halfway through Turnabout Target, but I haven't run into any glitches or freezes or anything. Very nice stuff.

The Trusty Nudal!

I'd really like to give a big thanks for everyone who worked hard to make this possible!
Signature and Avatar by the wonderful Midnight Jasper! Check out her graphics, you will be impressed!
Check out my sprites!
Creator of Leon Prinze Ace Attorney - Final Judgment (Sprites by Ceres)

Text of Steel!

This is real, this is happening, and the world is a good place right now! All of my YES! Major props to the translation team. You're all bros and a half for doing this

Wonderful news, indeed! I sincerely thank the team who made it possible for us non Japanese speaking folk to play this game. I have one question, though. Do the new characters have their old japanese names, or were they given translated ones?

Blah!

InfamousStepladder wrote:
Wonderful news, indeed! I sincerely thank the team who made it possible for us non Japanese speaking folk to play this game. I have one question, though. Do the new characters have their old japanese names, or were they given translated ones?

The new characters have the standard punny English localized names. I can at least confirm this with the reporter character in the first case, and I'm pretty sure this applies to everyone else.

Racing through the sky like a Missile

Downloaded. Geebus, with this out now, will I have to include GK2 in my long list of Japanese-English game comparisons for my project? Hm, well, I'd need the full patch for that, but it doesn't seem like it's going to be too long from now. Speaking of which, I should probably get to it soon. I've had a long enough break.

...I didn't intend any self-advertisting, by the way.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com

blahmoomoo wrote:
InfamousStepladder wrote:

The new characters have the standard punny English localized names. I can at least confirm this with the reporter character in the first case, and I'm pretty sure this applies to everyone else.

Awesome. I'm interested to see what there names will be. I'll have to remind myself to play this the next chance I get.

Call me Kass.

How do I get this patch to work on a Mac? I can't open any of the patches, nor xDelta or Beat.

Blah!

nwghibli wrote:
How do I get this patch to work on a Mac? I can't open any of the patches, nor xDelta or Beat.

I suggest using a program like this one. I can't say anything about it because I have Windows, but it does come from the same website that has the XDelta and Beat GUI programs that were suggested.

Call me Kass.

Spoiler:
blahmoomoo wrote:
nwghibli wrote:

I suggest using a program like this one. I can't say anything about it because I have Windows, but it does come from the same website that has the XDelta and Beat GUI programs that were suggested.

I have it, but it won't open the xDelta or beat patches. Unless I'm misunderstanding this and I get the patch from somewhere else?

Call me Kass.

nwghibli wrote:
Spoiler:
blahmoomoo wrote:
nwghibli wrote:

I have it, but it won't open the xDelta or beat patches. Unless I'm misunderstanding this and I get the patch from somewhere else?

GOT IT /facepalm

Art Person

THIS IS AWESOME!
(They used my box art on the old forums too! I feel so professional :keiko: :maya: )

Time Paradox

gallowsCalibrator wrote:
Thank you to everyone who made this possible!! I am so excited. My birthday is only 8 days away so I consider this an early birthday gift, and the best best beeest one of all time. Just in time for my 23rd, I get to spend time with Miles. Cries of jubilation aren't enough.

Congrats, we were born the same day ! :D

Regarding the patch, I will play it asap, many thanks for everyone who made it possible !

Objection!

Location: a curiously above ground underground laboratory in western Kentucky

Can someone PM me an English script of case 2 so I can play through the case on my DS?
Sailorneorune, shamelessly waving her big Phoenix Wright flag around since 2006.

Programmer

You don't want the script. You want the patch.
Currently working on a redesign of cr.net itself! Come talk to me about it on Discord!

@SuperAj3: It's a tribute to the people that have supported and helped out how they could for so longtime :)

@mac users: sorry i forgot about you, I will try to compensate this evening when i back home with some link to tools and emus.

New Generation

I can't be the only one unable to properly do this, right? :yogi: It keeps crashing my rom regardless of patch or not. And whatever Im doing with the patch (I tried both methods) is unsuccessful.

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

Is it me, or is the game running way too slowly? The text speed is slow... Gumshoe's theme is really slow... bug report, I guess?

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

Last edited by jaydrick0620 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Art Person

Fuchur wrote:
@SuperAj3: It's a tribute to the people that have supported and helped out how they could for so longtime :)

@mac users: sorry i forgot about you, I will try to compensate this evening when i back home with some link to tools and emus.

Thanks! I'm enjoying every minute of the translation, and I'm amazed by the level of quality! It must've been so hard to get those description boxes for the organizer working!

I guess we can all safely say... "Screw Dual Destinies... We have Prosecutor's Path to fill the void! :jazzedgy: "

jaydrick0620 wrote:
I keep getting "Rom-image has crashed"... Damn. I patched it and everything

Lumine wrote:
I can't be the only one unable to properly do this, right? :yogi: It keeps crashing my rom regardless of patch or not. And whatever Im doing with the patch (I tried both methods) is unsuccessful.

Could you be more specific?

wilddrawfour.tumblr.com

Edited. Downloaded DeSmuMe. It's fine, but kind of slow...

HERE COME DAT SPIRIT MEDIUM!

To whomeever did this: THANKS. Really great job. Keep up the excellent work.
Page 1 of 8 [ 308 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » General » Trial Minutes