Page 1 of 4

Backburner's sprites

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:23 pm
by Backburner26
Hey guys! I'm just posting here to show you guys some sprites that I have been working on and would like to know your opinions.
Spoiler: prison chief
Image
Spoiler: Marx Mann
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image
Spoiler: Stranger
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image
Spoiler: Charles Silver-tongue
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler: front wolfgang
Image
Spoiler: Sum old man defendant
Image
Spoiler: New characters that I am working on:
Image
Spoiler: George Mutee
Image
*He has no talking animations because he is medically mute, Meaning when he talks no noise will form.*
Spoiler: Francis Planque
Image
Spoiler: CJ redone
Image
My entry to the dessert themed Comp on AAO
Spoiler: The entry
Image
Basically I based my entry on one of my favorate new deserts that I have every weekend, or whenever I can, Which is a Chocolate buiscuit with cream (Ice or whipped, either is good) with butterscotch syrup. Yum!
Requests:
ApolloRocks:
Spoiler: sprite sheet
Image
Spoiler: Animations
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image
ImageImage
Image
Strawbs2Bananas:
Spoiler: Robin Newman objecting
ImageImage
dellenXlawyer
Spoiler: Narahodo
Image
Timecraked
Spoiler: Barnham
Image
Image Image
Updates:
Added new sprite sheet and updated front wolfgangs sheet. Will get to posting the animated sprites hopefully soon. 3/12/2014 UK date and time at 1:38am
Spoiler: 17/11/2014 Uk format, 10:22am
*Added two new sprite sheets, one of up coming characters i'm making. Posted *
Spoiler: Update 9/11/2014 UK time.
*All sprite sheets updated exept from "sum old man defendant". Posted 9/11/2014 22:37pm. Date and time in UK format.*
Updates: Added more poses and tilts to the sprites including updating alot of the shading, I hope they look ok.

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:59 am
by Shadowsleuth
A marked improvement-- These sprites are a LOT easier on the eyes. However, they're still all too static and flat. They don't have much in the way of life or animation; just a few moved arms here and there and slight expression changes. I think it'd be worth experimenting with some more animated characters to create more dynamic movements and designs. The poses are all basically the same, so a bit of variety, even something as simple as a slight turn, would do wonders for livening up the character.

Of this batch, I'd say Witnesses 1 & 2 are your most interesting designs. They're still pretty clear frankensprites, but they have the most interesting designs that beg a lot of questions, such as "who is this guy? Why is he wearing that? Is he gonna be friend or foe?" Stuff like that.

Sprites I suggest checking out for "motion" and "pose", would be characters like Ron DeLite, Klavier Gavin, Kristoph Gavin (who's all about conveying his personality from behind a single pose), and pretty much anyone from AAI and AAI2.

Good luck!

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:05 am
by Backburner26
Thanks! Witness 1 and 2 were both designs I quickly sketched out on the bus on my way to collage to do games, media and animation. After the first trimester I will be in lessons on sprite animations so that would help, also thanks on the tips. look forward to hearing from you and others later.
:Kristoph:

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:47 pm
by Backburner26
Just a quick update, the sprite sheets have been updated.

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:33 pm
by Mary Faraday
I'm not a big expert on sprites, so I only can give you my optinion on this. I think the witness-sprites look very interesting, they clearly spread out this interesting-feeling. As for the other sprites, they seem a bit boring to me, rather flat and without any interest. This is only my optinion though! I think the witnesses are the only good sprites made, but the others look great too!

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:25 am
by Backburner26
Ok, Updated the title post with two new sprite sheets, one containing 5 charactrs that I will be working ok sometime when Im not working on other projects. Tell me what you think as I am always liking feedback.

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:40 am
by Backburner26
Hey guys, just uploaded a new sprite sheet and updated one, all updates and posts shall be in the OP.

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:02 am
by lx1.ica
Backburner26 wrote:Hey guys! I'm just posting here to show you guys some sprites that I have been working on and would like to know your opinions.
Spoiler: prison chief
Image
Spoiler: Executioner bloke
Image
Spoiler: Witness 1
Image
Spoiler: Witness 2
Image
Spoiler: Front wolfgang
Image
Spoiler: Sum old man defendant
Image
Spoiler: New characters that I am working on:
Image
Spoiler: George Mutee
Image
*He has no talking animations because he is medically mute, Meaning when he talks no noise will form.*
Spoiler: Francis Planque
Image
Updates:
Added new sprite sheet and updated front wolfgangs sheet. Will get to posting the animated sprites hopefully soon. 3/12/2014 UK date and time at 1:38am
Spoiler: 17/11/2014 Uk format, 10:22am
*Added two new sprite sheets, one of up coming characters i'm making. Posted *
Spoiler: Update 9/11/2014 UK time.
*All sprite sheets updated exept from "sum old man defendant". Posted 9/11/2014 22:37pm. Date and time in UK format.*
Updates: Added more poses and tilts to the sprites including updating alot of the shading, I hope they look ok.
Liked the Francis Planque concept, also the fact he has a hook for hand, kinda cool detail.

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:43 am
by Backburner26
Thanks bro, Your sprites look great too!

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:21 pm
by Backburner26
Re done the sprites for CJ.
Here:
Image

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:28 pm
by Backburner26
Updated the OP

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:08 pm
by Backburner26
Hey guys, I would just like to announce that I am now doing requests, either request them on the request page or this post and Ill see what I can do.

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:47 am
by Backburner26
Updated the requests part of my sprites to add the new sprites for ApolloRocks

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:59 pm
by Backburner26
Hey guys, just finished animating some of my sheets, ill be posting more as the night goes on. here ya go. Ill also be updating the OP too.

Charles Silver-tongue
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Stranger
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image

Marx Mann
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:51 pm
by Backburner26
Naruhodo spritesheet, Used Mijimaru's Naruhodo sprite as a base, He gave permission.
Image
will be adding to it.

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:20 am
by SuperAj3
Here are the animations.
Great work!
ImageImage
I just cleaned up some lines a little. :sillytrucy:

Added them to the album. (And I added his defense band to the animation too.

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:03 am
by Backburner26
Thanks! They look great!

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:55 pm
by Backburner26
ok, updating the naruhodo sprite sheet, Mij, do you think you could clean up the sprite a little? Im not too good at tracing whole bodies.
Image

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:33 pm
by SuperAj3
You did the desks-lam one too! :basil:
I'd started that one and left it for today to finish XD

The hair and the collar looks great!
I have some tips. If your program can do this, hold the shift key, and just click at each point and it will draw a straight line between them. This can help neaten up lines.
Also try to touch sprites up once you think they're done. This way you can see the image as a whole, and get better at learning what parts you find harder to detail.

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:06 pm
by dellenXlawyer
Actually this is not a desk slam sprite it's hand on desk sprite since it doesnt show the desk being slammed

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:10 am
by Backburner26
So I got bored and decided to make an older wolfgang, what do you think?
Image

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:57 pm
by lx1.ica
Backburner26 wrote:So I got bored and decided to make an older wolfgang, what do you think?
Image
i think the hair must have changed its color since he aged, i think a fantastic 4 kinda hair like the top is the same and the bottom is white-ish.
Spoiler:
Image

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:34 pm
by SuperAj3
lx1.ica wrote:
Backburner26 wrote:So I got bored and decided to make an older wolfgang, what do you think?
Image
i think the hair must have changed its color since he aged, i think a fantastic 4 kinda hair like the top is the same and the bottom is white-ish.
Spoiler:
Image
Hair can be dyed, so I don't think that's the best indicator for age. :sillytrucy:

I think it looks good! Maybe a bit more light on the face, there's too much shadow (wrinkles are kinda hard to shade though :ron: )

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:01 am
by Backburner26
I decided to add a bit more shading, I hope that improved it a little.
Image

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:06 am
by SuperAj3
Yup, there's a noticeable difference! :basil:
Now his face looks much better!

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:10 am
by Backburner26
I dont know weather anyone noticed but I fixed the shading on his body too, Personally i thought it made his chest look too far down.

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:01 am
by SilverGS
The face and the tweaked shading are much better !
But I have a problem with the outlines of the suit : They're brighter than they should be. Also, the shading around the tie seems pillow-shaded and therefore weird. You should fix these, that kind of details really makes sprites look "clean" ^^

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:14 pm
by Backburner26
Ok i darkened up the outlines and fixed up the tie, any better?
Image

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:36 pm
by lx1.ica
is that a scar?

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:42 pm
by Mileswright
looks good. Although, I'm not a fan of your wolfgang sprites, it still looks good.

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:27 pm
by Backburner26
lx1.ica wrote:is that a scar?
Yeah it is, its from one of his previous cases in Germany when he was attacked during an investigation of a German restaurant.

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:49 am
by Backburner26
Hey guys, just posting 2 minis I made for wolfgang. The one with the black t shirt is his work/court attire and the red t shirt is his casual attire.
Image Image

Also I updated the front wolfgang sprite sheet.
Spoiler: front wolfgang
Image
EDIT:
Here is a sprite sheet I have been adding to every hour and then. The origional sprite used was created by Nocturnal_Swinger so credit goes to her for the sprite.
Image

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:59 am
by dellenXlawyer
The sprite seems nice but if u used lamiror's poses it would have been better

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:06 pm
by Backburner26
I'll probably do that later on when I get to the point where I HAVE to work on it, as most of the sprites I post on this thread im using for a fan game.

also I made a Wolfgang smiley. I'm just finding all these old files that I have.
Image

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:34 pm
by Backburner26
I changed the angry pose a tad bit. hopefully it looks ok.
Image

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:53 am
by Mileswright
You used edgeworths face? Maybe :meekins:

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:10 pm
by dellenXlawyer
Mileswright wrote:You used edgeworths face? Maybe :meekins:
I think he did :gregory:

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:44 pm
by Mileswright
Hey backburner, thx for making the oldman defendant sheet, I referenced it to draw one of my in-process sprites.

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:54 pm
by Backburner26
No probs, I mainly used von karmas head and miles's body

Re: Backburner's sprites

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:19 pm
by Backburner26
Hey guys, I made a co counsil sprite for wolfgang. I mainly used the AAI sprites then de-colourised them.
ImageImage