Some notes about using my sprites :
- Obviously, credit is mandatory
- Permission is required, except for sprites that are labelled free to use. For these, no need to ask permission. ^^
- If you use my sprites, I'd like if you could send me a link to where you used them. I like to see how people can use them !
- No hotlinking.
- I only take requests posted in the request topic, if I feel I'm able to do them
All sprites in this section are free to use. Each character has its own spoiler tag.
Spoiler: Winston Payne
Trilogy Era :
Front sprites :
Close-up sprites :
3-1 appearance :
Front sprites :
Close-up sprites :
Spoiler: Kristoph Gavin
Young Kristoph as a DA :
Spoiler: Mia Fey
Old Mia as a DA :
The sprites below were made by SuperAj3, I only animated them. If you use them, credit him as well.
Spoiler: Manfred Von Karma
Spoiler: Herman Crab
Front sprites :
Spoiler: Athena Cykes - Spoilers
The following sprites were animated by SuperAj3, in order to keep them consistent with the rest of the whole spriteset.
Spoiler: Ryuunosuke Naruhodo (DGS)
The following sprites were made using CE53's DGS rips and the pallette of SuperAj3's Ryuunosuke sprites.
Spoiler: Kazuma Asõgi (DGS)
Front sprites :
The following OCs are free to use.
Spoiler: Brian Stewart
Spoiler: Vergil Silas
The following OCs are for my fangame, and therefore not free for use.
Spoiler: Alexandre Faith
Front sprite :
Civilian outfit :
Spoiler: Ethan Black
Spoiler: F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Dr Stewart
Spoiler: Borderlands
Claptrap
Spoiler: Umineko - Battler Ushiromiya
NOTE : This sprite set is free to use.
Spoiler:
Made for the Luck o' the Irish contest on AAO. Finished in 2nd place.
Made for the Sound of Music contest on AAO. Finished in 3rd place.
The prosecutor badges used were made by MercurialSK.
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:12 pm
by Backburner26
Sweet! Great sprites man, Cant wait to see more from ya.
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:06 pm
by SuperAj3
Yay! A new spriter joins the boards! That Captain Falcon sprite is seriously incredible! Great work!
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:08 am
by SilverGS
Thanks guys !
WIP of my next OC for my fangame, prosecutor Black. Head isn't quite consistent between front and prosecutor sprite but I'm still working on it.
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:31 am
by SuperAj3
SilverGS wrote:Thanks guys !
WIP of my next OC for my fangame, prosecutor Black. Head isn't quite consistent between front and prosecutor sprite but I'm still working on it.
Looking good so far! The front face gives off a menacing feeling.
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:25 pm
by Backburner26
Looks great, do you have a name for him yet?
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:12 am
by SilverGS
Not really, I only have the last name Black at the moment... But I have a lot of time to think about a name, because he won't appear until a while in the fangame (If I ever manage to release it XD). Thanks anyways !
Have some other sprites :
A lot of people have probably already made that kind of sprite, but here's my version of Young Manfred
One of my favourite characters from DD, Herman Crab. Still in progress, but I'll do a full set, just don't expect it to come fast.
The head of another crossover sprite in progress, this time it's Samus Aran from Metroid.
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:01 am
by Ropfa
Ropfa likes these sprites.
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:07 am
by SuperAj3
OK your sprites are looking incredible!
Love your spriting style too!
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:50 pm
by Backburner26
Lookin good. Your a natural!
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:21 am
by lx1.ica
SilverGS wrote:
Hello everyone, and welcome to my sprite topic ! I do most of these for fangames, and want to improve my spriting skills, so advice is greatly appreciated !
Some notes about using my sprites :
- Credit is, of course, mandatory
- Permission is needed, except for sprites labelled free to use
Spoiler:
In order : Herman Crab from DD, a prosecutor for my fangame, and a scratch sprite of Samus Aran from the Metroid franchise.
Spoiler:
Brian Stewart
Spoiler:
STATUS : Finished Free to use.
My entry for the "Bright Age of the Law" contest on AAO.
Graham Silver
Spoiler:
STATUS : Unfinished, but have no interest in finishing it for now Free to use.
Spoiler:
Was just messing with some sprites and this was the result. Free to use.
My entry for the "Sound of Music" contest on AAO, when you had to do a sprite based on a music. This one is based on the song Phoenix by Daft Punk. Finished in 3rd place.
"How about a magic trick ?" Unfinished sprite of Shaco, one of my favourite champions from League of Legends. Free to use.
"Show me your moves !" Because Captain Falcon is my favourite Nintendo character, I tried to do a sprite based on him. It came out pretty nicely imo ^^
Blade (A friend of mine and member of AAO) - Catherine Idea
Spoiler:
NOTE :Usable only by him
I first did it by scratch :
But I couldn't see that sprite anymore because it looked so amateur-ish when compared with my latest sprites, so I totally redid it :
I like your sprite concept for prosecutor Black also the scar is a curious detail.
Good work. hope to see more sprites in the future.
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:35 pm
by Mayu Igiyooki
I like your spriting style, Silver. But what about completing Young Manfred's Sprite?
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:31 pm
by SilverGS
You mean doing a whole spriteset of Young Manfred ? Already planned to do that, but I'm working on my fangame so I'll do it later. ^^
Anyways, did another young version of an AA character. This time, here's young Kristoph :
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:06 pm
by ShiroForever
SilverGS wrote:You mean doing a whole spriteset of Young Manfred ? Already planned to do that, but I'm working on my fangame so I'll do it later. ^^
Anyways, did another young version of an AA character. This time, here's young Kristoph :
Woah! Looks awesome How about a young gumshoe
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:44 pm
by Mayu Igiyooki
SilverGS wrote:You mean doing a whole spriteset of Young Manfred ? Already planned to do that, but I'm working on my fangame so I'll do it later. ^^
Anyways, did another young version of an AA character. This time, here's young Kristoph :
Wait. Is that Defense Attorney Kristoph Gavin! He looks younger! Well, almost. Looks pretty nice, though. But do complete that young Freddy's sprite. There are some people whom wants to create a fangame about the prosecutor being Manfred von Karma.
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:51 am
by SuperAj3
Ace Pointer wrote:Wait. Is that Defense Attorney Kristoph Gavin! He looks younger! Well, almost. Looks pretty nice, though. But do complete that young Freddy's sprite. There are some people whom wants to create a fangame about the prosecutor being Manfred von Karma.
LOL He said it was a Young Kristoff in his post. It's a nice clean edit! I like it a lot!
Also I'm sure I've seen someone on AAO make a set of young Manfred sprites. If you really need them maybe look there?
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:35 pm
by SilverGS
Finally managed to finish the first sprite of Dr. Crab !
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:47 pm
by Backburner26
Damn thats nice! Are you doing the other poses or just that one?
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:11 pm
by SilverGS
I thought I already said it, but I'm going to do all his poses by using Mijumaru's iOS rips (big thanks to you for ripping the DD "sprites' by the way, mate !) It will take a while, though.
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:18 pm
by Backburner26
Sweet, cant wait to see more from ya.
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:56 pm
by SilverGS
Made the second pose of Dr. Crab.
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:32 pm
by SuperAj3
Wow! These Crab sprites are looking incredible! Really nice detailing you do on your sprites!
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:26 am
by mercurialSK
I'm really liking how you're using the antialiasing shade to make the illusion of gradients in the Crab sprites. That effect is one of my favourites XD
Is he meant to be angry in the latest two? That looks like there's an anger mark there in his hair but it's hard to see and I'm not sure if it's shadow in the hair...
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:29 am
by SilverGS
mercurialSK wrote:Is he meant to be angry in the latest two? That looks like there's an anger mark there in his hair but it's hard to see and I'm not sure if it's shadow in the hair...
Yes, that was meant to be an anger mark, but I see why you can mistake it for a shadow. I tweaked it a little, that should look better :
______________
Update time : I made a paper-reading sprite for Young Kristoph this morning :
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:00 pm
by Backburner26
They look really good silver!
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:23 pm
by SilverGS
Thanks ^^
Those will be the last sprites I'll post until a while, because my university exams are approaching. First, I animated the sprite made by Mijumaru of DA Old Mia :
Then, here's my entry for the current contest on AAO : "Luck O' the Irish". It's based on a Leprechaun.
And finally, some sprites I'll work on after my exams :
Extremely WIP zoom sprite for Old Mia (Zooms are just awful to edit btw X_X), Objection sprite for Young Kristoph, and some OC.
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:00 pm
by mercurialSK
SilverGS wrote:
mercurialSK wrote:Is he meant to be angry in the latest two? That looks like there's an anger mark there in his hair but it's hard to see and I'm not sure if it's shadow in the hair...
Yes, that was meant to be an anger mark, but I see why you can mistake it for a shadow. I tweaked it a little, that should look better :
Huh. I see the colour change, but maybe consider moving it some? Mostly because that's the location where the penguin is, so if the sprites are used in a game it could look like the penguin just buried itself there, I mean.
Good luck on your exams XD
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:33 pm
by AnastasiaGavin
once th ekristoph section is finished may i use those sprites on google in hangouts and posts? I play a kristoph account
Re: Silver's Sprites
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:09 pm
by SilverGS
mercurialSK wrote:
SilverGS wrote:
mercurialSK wrote:Is he meant to be angry in the latest two? That looks like there's an anger mark there in his hair but it's hard to see and I'm not sure if it's shadow in the hair...
Yes, that was meant to be an anger mark, but I see why you can mistake it for a shadow. I tweaked it a little, that should look better :
Huh. I see the colour change, but maybe consider moving it some? Mostly because that's the location where the penguin is, so if the sprites are used in a game it could look like the penguin just buried itself there, I mean.
Well, in-game the anger mark is exactly at that location so I don't really think that's a big problem. Still, I may do a "start-up animation" so that the transition from one sprite to this one doesn't look weird.
AnastasiaGavin wrote:once th ekristoph section is finished may i use those sprites on google in hangouts and posts? I play a kristoph account
As long as you follow the conditions on the first post, go ahead and use them !
____________
Update time : I've updated the front post :
- Conditions for using my sprites are more clear
- Added the "Crossover sprites" and "Contests sprites" sections
- Updated the banners for each section
- Added a note to each sprite / sprite set. That way, it's easy to see what sprites are free to use
And here's some more sprites :
Objection sprite for Young Kristoph. I think it came out pretty well.
Two more poses for Old DA Mia. I totally didn't do these because the zoom sprite is so hard to do
Front sprite of Akbey Hicks from AAI-2.
Hobo Phoenix with his jacket. This was inspired by concept art, and I tried a different style on this one.
Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:17 pm
by jmkrebs30
Old DA Mia is looking pretty good! Keep it up!
Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)
Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:48 pm
by SuperAj3
These are all looking really great! I can't wait to see the rest of the Old Mia DA as well!
Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:15 pm
by TheDoctor
I'm glad that Older!Mia is being worked on. It really fits her much better for the role I'm giving her in Shattered Glass.
Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)
Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:41 am
by SuperAj3
I was looking at the Older Mia sprites, and looking at this one, I noticed you didn't change her belt.
Her belt is different in the older sprites It's more of a clip, rather than a buckle you thread the belt through.
Other than that they look great! Keep up the good work!
Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)
Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:03 pm
by SilverGS
Nice catch, I totally forgot about the belt
I placed the sprites on the defence benches and the belt isn't visible. So I'll change it at some point, but after the set is finished ^^
Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:18 am
by Mayu Igiyooki
It took you a long time to create the other poses of DA Old Mia, Right? They look nice though...
Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)
Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:46 am
by SuperAj3
Ace Pointer wrote:It took you a long time to create the other poses of DA Old Mia, Right? They look nice though...
He took over from me a week ago. I take the blame for the time gap.
Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)
Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:32 am
by SilverGS
Credit MercurialSK as well for the Athena sprite used in this.
And a quick tutorial for doing that kind of fades, if people are interested (at least one XD). For this one, we'll do the same image as above, but with Klavier instead of Athena.
Spoiler:
NOTE : I'm using paint.NET, so some options may have different names depending on the software you use.
Open your software, and put your sprite and a background on two separate layers. A background isn't necessary for doing that, but it helps to see if you did the fade right.
Step 1 : Making the character sprite white
First of all, you'll need to make your sprite entirely white. An easy way to do it is to go to "Hue/Saturation" and increase the "Lightness" to the maximum.
Step 2 : Prepare the fade effect
Now that your sprite is white, select it using the "Magic Wand" tool. After that, you'll have to create a new layer, but be sure to keep the selection. You'll get something like this :
(Don't be afraid of that window "Calques" next to the image : It's the french equivalent for layers !)
Normally, at this point, you have a background as your first layer, your white sprite in the second, and you just created a third one.
Now, we'll go to the "colors" :
You can select two colors in this window. For the primary one, pick whatever you want, but for the secondary, be sure that "Opacity - Alpha" is set to 0, like in the image above !
When you did all of that, it's time to do your fade !
Step 3 : Making the fade
Before you do the fade, uncheck the layer with your white sprite (the second one). Otherwise you won't see the fade you've done.
Now, you just have to use the "Gradient" tool on your third layer. With the selection you made earlier, your gradient will take the shape of the sprite !
(You should get something like this)
Finally, I messed a little bit with opacity and the feather effect and this is the end result :
I hope it's understandable, it's not the easiest thing for me to explain (especially since I'm not a native english speaker)
Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)
Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:14 am
by mercurialSK
Here's an anti-aliased version of the silhouette if you'd like it :)
Nice tutorial. Would the Sharpen filter help with the fuzz that comes from blurring/feathering?
Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)
Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:48 am
by SuperAj3
Thanks for making this! I was thinking more of how you edited out the other character's silhouettes, but I noticed you scratched the background as well! (silly me)
Now any one making a fancase who wants their HUD to have a custom character can now work out how to make the effect! This will be very useful!
Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)
Posted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:20 am
by SilverGS
mercurialSK wrote:Would the Sharpen filter help with the fuzz that comes from blurring/feathering?
I'm sure it could, I'll mess with it to see if it's possible to get a cleaner result ^^ (Thanks for providing an anti-aliased silhouette btw, I'll revamp the original image using it !)
SuperAj3 wrote:Thanks for making this! I was thinking more of how you edited out the other character's silhouettes, but I noticed you scratched the background as well! (silly me)
Actually, I didn't scratch the background : It's the AJ defense bench with minor edits x)