Hello, welcome to my sprite page. I'm updating this, as I want people to be able to use these sprites without anyone needing to contact me, seeing as I haven't been on here in like, years. I'm fine with anyone who wants to use these sprites, the only thing I ask is to credit any of the original creators of any edits I've made to the sprites, as well as myself.
I'd also like to apologize for being silent for like, three years, I've just been kinda busy with school, work, and everything else. It's not clear if I'm going to actually re-master any of these sprites one day, but feel free to do whatever you'd like with them.
anyways, without further ado, here are the sprites:
[spoiler="Poketest/Lorenai Trainer Sprites](Professor Cherry Woods) (A Player's Character, based on Esteban from the Suite Life of Zack and Cody) (Another Player Character, this one being an Amnesiac Trainer) (Player Character with a Mysterious Past, coat based on Robin From Fire Emblem.) (last Player Character, just a unique-ish trainer design)[/spoiler]
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:36 am
by SuperAj3
Awesome work! It's cool you learned to animate so quickly! Amazing work!
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:25 am
by Mayu Igiyooki
You should've tried linking ALL the sprites here, buddy.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:48 am
by SuperAj3
Ace Pointer wrote:You should've tried linking ALL the sprites here, buddy.
LOL Don't be rude, it's better than nothing!
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:55 pm
by Mayu Igiyooki
Me. Rude. I said this 'cause Mercurial has posted at least two sprites then a link to the album. So I thought he should also do the same thing so the audience can see how the sprites look before we look at the complete album?
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:30 pm
by SuperAj3
Ace Pointer wrote:Me. Rude. I said this 'cause Mercurial has posted at least two sprites then a link to the album. So I thought he should also do the same thing so the audience can see how the sprites look before we look at the complete album?
I should probably give some context, This is his first time animating, so the fact he got this many done is good! Sorry, that's just how it came across. He's also still new so maybe he hasn't seen Merc's works yet?
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:25 am
by ThatoneJimmy
I would have done the air quotes, but i had stuff to do, and my power was out for a full week.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:29 am
by ThatoneJimmy
other than that, I am working on the other sprites right now. I'll add them soon, hopefully
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:37 am
by ThatoneJimmy
Ace Pointer wrote:Me. Rude. I said this 'cause Mercurial has posted at least two sprites then a link to the album. So I thought he should also do the same thing so the audience can see how the sprites look before we look at the complete album?
fixed it.
I hope you don't mind, It isn't easy doing the sweaty sprites or the air quote ones, so i figured the ones i already had would do for now, then i could just add those in later. sorry for the inconvenience.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:35 pm
by AJtheprogrammer
What's with the graphic bits randomly appearing?
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:01 pm
by Mayu Igiyooki
AJtheprogrammer wrote:What's with the graphic bits randomly appearing?
I think that's supposed to be some sort of a Glitching Error that probably happened during the animating session...
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:21 pm
by ThatoneJimmy
Ok, I'm going to try to finish what raijin started and make some blackquill sprites myself. wish me luck.
In other news, I may need a better sprite editing program than ms paint. any recommendations?
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:39 pm
by TheDoctor
Paint.net is a good free option, as is GIMP, but I find paint.net a little bit easier to use.
Since paint.net isn't the name of the website though (strange, I know), here's the link to the site.
Thank you, this is much better than Ms Paint. I've already started working on the spritesheet, and I'm liking how it's coming out so far. thanks for the reccomendation.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:38 am
by jmkrebs30
Good luck with those Blackquill sprites.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:03 am
by SuperAj3
Good luck with Blackquill's sprites! A good place to start is to get references of his poses from in-game screenshots. find walkthroughs, or use miiverse to screenshot the poses (If you have the game on 3DS) or else just screenshot like normal on iOS.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:52 am
by Mayu Igiyooki
Oooh, I really wanna see some Prosecutor Blackquill sprites. Good luck making it, mac!
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:39 am
by ThatoneJimmy
Ok, I have made some progress on the sprites. keep in mind that this isn't quite finished yet, so There will be updates.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:16 am
by Mayu Igiyooki
Ehm, you forgot to show the sprite on your post. The post above me, I mean.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:34 am
by jmkrebs30
Check his first post.
Nice work so far, Jimmy. Looking great!
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:12 am
by ThatoneJimmy
You Know what? I decided to finish the sheet. The sheet includes blackquill post DD and During The original trilogy. yes, I know i literally just updated it, but I worked pretty fast on the rest. edit: I'm not gonna do taka, someone else can edit the sprites to add taka, as long as they ask first.
Spoiler: Spoiler alert
I was not finished at that moment, for I had forgotten to do one thing...
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:14 pm
by Mayu Igiyooki
Awesome Blackquill Sprites!
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:24 pm
by ThatoneJimmy
I realized an inconsistency in the sprites, so I'm going to fix the sheet. Edit: fixed.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:51 pm
by SuperAj3
Great work so far! Still a little more neatening in the outlining and the hands, but otherwise you're doing well! If you're tracing over a reference, take your time getting the outline in as much detail as possible. Then begin colouring.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:11 am
by ThatoneJimmy
I fixed the ears and hands, if that's what you were talking about.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:27 am
by SuperAj3
ThatoneJimmy wrote:I fixed the ears and hands, if that's what you were talking about.
Hands are still lacking the definitions and some shading. Also the hair is shaded in clumps rather than in strokes (to make it look hair-like) I can try to edit a frame to show you what I mean?
Don't worry, you're doing really well with these so far! It's such an awesome thing you're doing making these!
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:09 am
by ThatoneJimmy
hmm... I guess i could use a better example, so i could make the sprites better.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:39 am
by SuperAj3
I started redrawing a pose from scratch, I've done the harder parts (Like the hand and hair) all for you, but others not so much:
feel free to use this as a base and fill in the blanks!
Just to note, look at the details and compare to yours. For example in the hand's outlining, your one made it look like his fingers were a bit too short, but they're just half closed, and so the detail in the outlines as well as the shading help fix that problem. Other things like the chin shape and arm as well.
Hopefully this will help you with improving! I admire your drive to make these!
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:10 am
by ThatoneJimmy
Thank you for the advice and the example. I'll get these new sprites to you guys asap.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:12 am
by SuperAj3
ThatoneJimmy wrote:Thank you for the advice and the example. I'll get these new sprites to you guys asap.
Take your time! The more time you spend on it, the better the result!
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:23 am
by ThatoneJimmy
I guess you're right. I've been in a rush to get these done, so i can get them done before summer ends.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:05 am
by ThatoneJimmy
Quick Announcement: I might do some more edits after blackquill, of course.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:59 am
by ThatoneJimmy
Ok, Blackquill's sprites are done (well, the sheet, at least). I'll upload the young blackquill sprites separately, but they're just edits of these anyways. enjoy the sprites.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:27 am
by SuperAj3
Great work! I understand all the hard work you need to put into making a sheet!
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:53 am
by ThatoneJimmy
Blackquill Animations are finished! If you want to edit them, contact me, and I'll give you permission.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:38 am
by ThatoneJimmy
Added The edit of udgey's thinking line with raijin's DD Phoenix. I'm not sure if you have to give udgey credit, but I know that you probably should just to be safe.
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:32 am
by UdgeyWudgey
ThatoneJimmy wrote:Added The edit of udgey's thinking line with raijin's DD Phoenix. I'm not sure if you have to give udgey credit, but I know that you probably should just to be safe.
Nah, that's fine! I'm not so hard on credit, but thanks for it! :D
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:27 pm
by Oliver
ThatoneJimmy wrote:Quick Announcement: I might do some older Larry Butz sprites as well as some Godot edits after blackquill, of course.
If you're going to say Guess Who then don't spoil it! You just ruined my day. I hope you're happy. totally not a joke
Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites
Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:23 am
by ThatoneJimmy
sorry.
I fixed it now, if that makes up for it. Yes, I know it was a joke.