Page 1 of 1

WINNER! Monthly Spriting Comp: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:02 am
by SuperAj3
(To clarify this is NOT the official spriting competition held by CR, and is a local monthly competition with no prizes. Sorry)

~From December to January...
It's Holiday Pics! ~

Image

WINNER!
Lida_Rose:
Image
~ The Contestants:
Spoiler: 1. TheDoctor
Image
Spoiler: 2. Hesseldahl
Image
"First christmas with Trucy"
(Individual sprites:)
Image
Spoiler: 3. Ropfa
Image
Cody is in his Christmas-themed outfit and being stuffed into a bag by Krampus in order to be carried off to hell for being on the naughty list.
Original sprite
Image
Spoiler: 4. ThatOneJimmy
Image
Christmas at Eldoon's
No Backdrop:
Image
Spoiler: 5. Lida_Rose
Image
__________
Spoiler: Original Post:
So the time has come and now entries have closed for the official CR competition... :sadshoe: (Good luck to all who entered! :basil: ) But that doesn't mean there can be no more friendly competition! :will:


This month it's Holiday time! With a twist! Using the template provided below (or your own custom border!), you will need to make a custom sprite of a currently existing character or an OC and put them in a Christmas/New Years/Celebratory holiday themed photo!
Image
To Summarise:
  • You can sprite 1 or more character!
  • You only need to submit 1 scene and can either use that photo border as a template or create your own photo border!
  • You need to either make a Christmas/New Years/Celebratory holiday themed outfit for a pre-existing AA character OR Create your own OC with a Christmas/New Years/Celebratory holiday themed outfit OR mix both an OC and a current character in the same photo!
  • You need to present your entry as a photo of a scene!
  • Backgrounds behind your sprite are OPTIONAL. You don't have to draw one and you're not penalised using one from in-game. However if you want to make your own background feel free!
  • Please don't use Larry's Santa sprites. That's cheating :hotti:
Entry Period: December 1st - January 21st (EXTENDED!)
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and most importantly, Happy Spriting! :basil:
_______________
RULES:
Spoiler: Rules *PLEASE READ*
  • Each month a new topic will be picked (by the previous month's winner)
  • To enter, just post your entry here
  • Stick to the theme! (This one's obvious) but make sure you enter something relevant to the theme picked
  • ONE entry per person. You can submit one character/sprite design and it can be as little as a single frame, or as large as a full set! Up to you
  • NO USING OTHER FAN SPRITES. Even with permission, we want to see your own creative works. Editing official sprites is OK though.
  • Be creative! Simple recolours are not allowed. At least 2 character sprites edited together with a unique colour palette counts as an original sprite. Also drawing custom outfits/costumes from scratch for existing sprites is also acceptable.
    Example:
    Acceptable:
    ImageImage
    (Custom drawn costume, or a splice of 2 or more official characters, with a unique palette)

    Unacceptable:
    ImageImage
    (Basic recolour of official sprite, or minimal editing of official sprites)
  • Please create an entirely new sprite for the competition. If you made a character you think really suits the theme, then you can still edit that sprite into a new one for the competition.
  • Both AA and AAI styled sprites are acceptable, except if the task specifies one or the other.
  • You get 2 weeks to vote after submissions close. This way people have time to look at the entries and vote.
  • Voting will be done after submissions have closed and, as CR has no polling system, all you need to do is post a comment saying your favourite.
  • You can vote for 2 of your favourite choices.
  • You are NOT allowed to vote for yourself.
  • You can use sprites/characters/poses from any RELEASED Ace Attorney game. This includes GK2, DD and PLvsAA. NOT DGS just yet! (Wait until CR officially allows DGS spoilers before using those characters)
  • You can edit your sprite and resubmit it as many times before the cut off date (preferably by editing your original entry post). These can only be minor edits to your existing entry though like fixing some messiness or anatomy, no brand new sprites that you've made. Have confidence in the first entry you make!
RULES FOR HOSTS:
Spoiler: Rules *PLEASE READ*
  • Make sure you pick a topic that hasn't been done before (Unless it's been over a year since it's been done)
  • Make sure you COPY the rules into your posts to notify everyone!
  • Name your topic as "Monthly Spriting Competition! - Insert genre/topic here"
  • You have creative freedom with selecting topics, provided the entries are in the AA style of sprites. Ideas like a 2 person team collab, or situations like "Twins" where 2 characters are in the 1 sprite are also allowed as potential topics.
  • For clarity's sake, make a quick sprite as an example of what you're expecting from contestants, and post it in the OP)
  • YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF COLLECTING VOTES! Unfortunately, CR doesn't have a polling system, and so votes will have to be through individual comments (to prevent people voting multiple times, we will stick to posting alone)
  • Once the voting is closed, it is up to you announce the results (1st, 2nd and 3rd place), and the winner.
  • You can take as long as you want to start up the next competition thread. If you don't want to be the one running it, you can let 2nd place be in charge.
  • You CANNOT enter if you are hosting, but you can vote.
  • If 2-4 entries receive equal votes, announce those who tied, and hold a tie breaker voting between those. If 5+ to/or every entry ties, the host can pick the winner.
  • If a tie breaker ends with another tie, all those tied win, and they decide the next host amongst themselves.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:58 pm
by TheDoctor
First!

Image

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:53 am
by SuperAj3
Awesome! First entry in already! :basil:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:27 am
by Hesseldahl
Guess who was trying to be the first entry?
Image
I call this " First christmas with Trucy"
Also here are the new sprites that I did:
Image

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:25 pm
by SuperAj3
I love it! I'll add them up now! :basil:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:00 pm
by SilverGS
Gosh Hessehl this is so adorable, great job man !

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:30 am
by Hesseldahl
Thanks Silver!

Hope to see an entry from you. :hotti:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:06 am
by jmkrebs30
D'awww!! That is so cute! :will:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:17 am
by Hesseldahl
¡Gracias!
It makes me so happy people are liking my entry :edgey:
But don't you people forget to give some love to TheDoctor entry's too.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:36 am
by ThatoneJimmy
Quick question: Does the entry have to fit on a ds screen?

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:50 am
by SuperAj3
ThatoneJimmy wrote:Quick question: Does the entry have to fit on a ds screen?
I think it's OK if it's larger, as long as it's still a photo and you make a custom sprite it's fine! :basil:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:52 am
by SuperAj3
Jus' a little bump. About just over a week to get an entry in!

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:56 am
by ohzaru97
I want to ask one thing...can I entry with fan characters?I mean,you know,for example my OC and his assistant,I read the rules,but I didn't find if I can do that or not,It's only for know :trucy:

PD:wait,I only have a week to post it?!?! :beef: well...I think I want to die :grey: xD

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:57 am
by SuperAj3
ohzaru97 wrote:I want to ask one thing...can I entry with fan characters?I mean,you know,for example my OC and his assistant,I read the rules,but I didn't find if I can do that or not,It's only for know :trucy:

PD:wait,I only have a week to post it?!?! :beef: well...I think I want to die :grey: xD
Yeah of course! I did say in the rules it can be official characters or OC's! :will:
You need to either make a Christmas/New Years/Celebratory holiday themed outfit for a pre-existing AA character OR Create your own OC with a Christmas/New Years/Celebratory holiday themed outfit OR mix both an OC and a current character in the same photo!

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:04 am
by ohzaru97
Oh...really?I didn't see it,I'm too tired,sry :larry:

I'll try my best!! :edgey:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:05 am
by SuperAj3
Good luck! :basil:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:36 am
by SuperAj3
Because of the lack of entries I'm extending the entry date until January 21st. That's 3 more weeks! (And by then I'll be back from my holiday).

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:33 pm
by SuperAj3
*cough* *cough* 11 more days! *cough* *cough* #NotSubtleReminder

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:00 pm
by Ropfa
I'd really like to make something for this one! Unfortunately, due to the holidays and working on Conflict of Interest, I don't think I'll have time to do anything. If I have any time before I go on vacation next week, I might possibly quickly slap something together, but no promises.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:47 pm
by SuperAj3
Fair enough, (I should really check out what you've done so far in Conflict of Interest! I haven't checked in a while!)
I just bumped the thread in case anyone forgot about it XD

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:17 am
by Ropfa
So, I decided to slap something together over the past two days, since I had a bit of time after work.

So, here's seasons greetings from Cody Hackins...
Spoiler:
Here he is in his Christmas-themed outfit of being stuffed into a bag by Krampus in order to be carried off to hell for being on the naughty list.

Image

Original sprite

Image

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:52 am
by SuperAj3
XD Even though I said no using Larry's Santa sprites I'll accept it because we've had such low numbers. Thanks for still getting an entry in! Much appreciated!

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:42 am
by ThatoneJimmy
I made mine, even though it's just a slight edit/recolor. I title this:
Spoiler: Christmas at Eldoon's
Image
Spoiler: Now with no Noodle Stand
Image
Apollo's hat is as tall as his hair, for anyone who was wondering why I made his hat like that.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:22 am
by SuperAj3
XD 2nd entry to break a rule, but seeing as I allowed Ropfa's I'll allow this.

Just remember everyone to read the rules for future events. Minimal edits aren't that unique and so try to put more into any edits to make them unique.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:36 pm
by ThatoneJimmy
oh, sorry, I should have read up on the rules. Maybe I'll make an update that adds a Christmas sweater, or something of that caliber, but no promises yet, as Midterms are coming up for me. :sadshoe:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:15 am
by SuperAj3
There are only 2 days left! Would you guys like to leave it open until then or begin voting now? Things have quieted down here, so I don't think anyone will enter within the next 48 hours.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:58 pm
by TheDoctor
I say leave it open until then. ThatoneJimmy was considering updating his entry, but wasn't sure if he'd have time.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:40 am
by SuperAj3
TheDoctor wrote:I say leave it open until then. ThatoneJimmy was considering updating his entry, but wasn't sure if he'd have time.
Yeah I'll leave it open. That means there's only 24 hours left! :edgey:

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:37 am
by ThatoneJimmy
Sorry, but I have an essay due on a teacher's website Tonight, and I'm only halfway done, so I don't think I'll be able to update it. Who knows, I might just be able to, though it's probably just going to be a recolor if i do.
Edit: Nevermind, I found some time to do it.

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:22 am
by ThatoneJimmy
Last minute Update!
Spoiler: No Backdrop
Image
Spoiler: With Backdrop
Image
(I used Hobo Standard as the font on Nick's hood, for obvious reasons)

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:34 am
by SuperAj3
ThatoneJimmy wrote:Sorry, but I have an essay due on a teacher's website Tonight, and I'm only halfway done, so I don't think I'll be able to update it. Who knows, I might just be able to, though it's probably just going to be a recolor if i do.
Edit: Nevermind, I found some time to do it.
I'm sorry if I took you away from your essay. That's much more important than this!
But anyways thanks a lot for updating your entry! I'll begin voting once I've modified the OP :basil:

Re: VOTING! Monthly Spriting Comp: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:44 am
by SuperAj3
OK GUYS IT'S VOTING TIME!
Good luck everyone! Instructions on voting are in the OP
This comp's tough! Each entry has a certain charm to it!

I'm gonna vote 4 and 5 for getting in some good entries last minute despite setbacks! Hard work pays off!

Re: Monthly Spriting Competition: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:03 am
by ThatoneJimmy
SuperAj3 wrote:
ThatoneJimmy wrote:Sorry, but I have an essay due on a teacher's website Tonight, and I'm only halfway done, so I don't think I'll be able to update it. Who knows, I might just be able to, though it's probably just going to be a recolor if i do.
Edit: Nevermind, I found some time to do it.
I'm sorry if I took you away from your essay. That's much more important than this!
But anyways thanks a lot for updating your entry! I'll begin voting once I've modified the OP :basil:
It's alright, I finished the essay earlier then I thought I would. My entry was really close, but I'm glad I improved it a bit before the deadline.
I'll cast my first vote for 2, not sure what other one I'm voting for yet.

Re: VOTING! Monthly Spriting Comp: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:05 pm
by Turnabout Dave
My votes go to 2 because of the original sprites for Maya and Pearl, and 5 because of the amount of detail in it (and Edgey in a Santa hat). Well done everyone.

Re: VOTING! Monthly Spriting Comp: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:47 am
by Hesseldahl
5 and 3.

Re: VOTING! Monthly Spriting Comp: Dec-Jan Holiday pics!

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:43 am
by SuperAj3
Voting's gone on for a week and it seems with 3 votes,
Lida_Rose has claimed 1st place!
2nd was Hessehl!

Congrats Lida! You get to pick the theme for the next contest! If you need any help with how that works, feel free to PM me!