Page 1 of 1

Paper Mario Color Splash

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:33 pm
by DimensionalHero
Apparently, nobody created a thread about the new game.
In fact, while i was watching Nintendo Direct....some people hated that game.
Should Paper Mario Color Splash be released in North America?
i've been waiting so long to play that game for Wii U!

Re: Paper Mario Color Splash

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:44 pm
by Butz the Klutz 52
I personally hate the direction the series is going in. I enjoyed the first 2 games, the 3rd was meh, and Sticker Star was atrocious

Re: Paper Mario Color Splash

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:00 pm
by DoMaya

Re: Paper Mario Color Splash

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:12 pm
by TheDoctor
Yeah, that video pretty much hit the nail on the head. Overall, I love the new design aesthetic, but the gameplay is nothing like the Paper Mario I loved. I'll admit, the puzzles in Sticker Star weren't half bad, but the battle mechanics were awful, the music wasn't very good, and the lack of story was atrocious. If all we can expect is more of the same, that's pretty sad.

Re: Paper Mario Color Splash

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:49 pm
by Justice1
I'll judge this game by my own merits. When I get it, I'll find out for myself.

Re: Paper Mario Color Splash

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:53 am
by Smithee
From what I've heard and seen so far -- it's still not as good as the original 3, but it's nevertheless an improvement over Sticker Star.

Re: Paper Mario Color Splash

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:17 am
by dullahan1
I saw it played on Twitch. Aside from the battle system, the game looked highly interesting to me. Personally, I'm glad to see it's better than I thought it would be.

Re: Paper Mario Color Splash

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:16 pm
by linkenski
Sometimes I look at credits from games randomly, and while I fail to recall the names right now, I think just as the last two Zeldas had a new director, which shows on good and bad IMO, the Paper Marios also had a new director taking the helm starting with Sticker Star. As much as Miyamoto is infamous for telling them to "cut down the text!" I have a feeling that the reason the series shifted away from RPG is just as much the change of project leadership.

That said, Miyamoto is notorious. He also kept Koizumi from adding more plot to Mario Galaxy. He said the storybook sequences were pushing it and wanted it cut down because apparently he just hates story in games.

Re: Paper Mario Color Splash

Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:47 am
by Smithee
Huey > Kersti.