Page 1 of 2
Graphiction~Updated 4/20
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:01 am
by Graph
.................
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:41 am
by freyathedark
I read the interview with Godot one ^^ I can't remember if I reviewed it or not... And I read My Peeps. That was really good ^o^
<< >> If you write a fic with just Diego and Mia in it, I'll love you forever... and add it to a ff.net community...
I can't believe I've stooped to bribing various authors to get my OTP fix >.<
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:48 am
by Graph
Don't worry. I share your burning desire to write Miego - it shall be done! And, thank you.
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:55 am
by freyathedark
Hahahah!! I await it with baited breath! You keep writing, I'll keep reviewing ^___^
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:13 pm
by Gregory Wright
Good Miles/Franziska fics! I like what you've got going here. Right now I'm a bit occupied with Crime and Punishment, but I suspect you'll be a bit of a formative influence on my work in this domain when I start it.
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:39 pm
by KingMobUK
Hm. If you're intending to pair off Fran and Miles, I think you should probably spend more time exploring how and why their feelings are changing. Part One of "Taming" is extremely heavy on the brother/sister thing and then suddenly they're looking at each other with new eyes. I tend to think that if they had been regarding each other as brother and sister for over 15 years up until this point there might be more introspection and consideration required about how this has changed. Just my two cents.
It's not a pairing I like generally as I do regard them as completely a sibling couple regardless of legal paperwork. But I've read good birth-sibling incest fic before and it doesn't bother me as subject matter provided the case is clearly made. While I accept that they are not birth-siblings they have been raised as brother and sister for certainly almost as long as Fran has been alive so I still think you need to take the time to make the case as it is a huge mental leap for them both I would think.
I'm also not sure Miles would be that clumsy around Fran generally. To my mind she's one of the few people that actually he can relatively be himself with as she has seen him grow up. I would imagine that would be part of the attraction to him, in fact, given the way you're writing him.
Poor Manfred. He's quite the ogre here.

Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:03 pm
by Graph
I don't support that pairing quite as much as I used to. Miego is much, much easier to justify, and I may not finish TAWM.
Still, thanks for all of your comments. It's nice to know that my fics are being read!
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:07 pm
by KingMobUK
Also, Miego is fun XD If I could get my head round Diego I would try it myself but his patterns of speech and bizarre metaphors don't come naturally to me at all.
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:11 pm
by Graph
Trust me, I have sympathy for you.
As difficult as Godot was to accurately imitate, I found Franziska, despite the fact that she is one of my favorite characters, almost impossible. As awesome a character as she is, she's essentially my opposite, and I STILL can't get rid of her lingering OOC in my fics.
Thank God for caffine and Thesaurus.com.
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:20 pm
by KingMobUK
Yeah, Fran is tough to write if you need to make her more human than caricaturish. It's not helped by the fact that a lot of her screentime is on the silly side.
I had to rope in back-up to write an argument between her and Miles in my ongoing as I couldn't make her work at all. I admire those who can pull off her character perfectly. Same goes for Larry actually who's another problem area for me.
Someone wrote me a Young Miles/Diego fic that was PERFECT and I just know I'll never get that good with Diego. Sigh.
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:26 pm
by Graph
I'm rather lucky in the sense that Diego comes far more easily to me, but, as I hail from the darkness of the Horror genre, I find ANYTHING involving romance a bit difficult. Still, I'm getting better, and I plan to attemp a pre-mortum Miego in the near future (after a few angsty things, finishing the above fics, and a series about blind dates and crack pairings).
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:17 pm
by freyathedark
I can give you romance help

It's kinda my niche that I read/write when it comes to fanfiction ^_^
Lemons on the other hand... that might take some doing...
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:04 am
by Graph
Oh, no no no.
DID NOT mean it that way.
I'll get better on my own, but thanks. <3
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:07 am
by freyathedark
Hahahahahahaha, that's too bad :3 XD
Seriously, though, if you need help with Diego's voice, just let me know ^^
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:32 am
by Graph
Nope, I'm really good, thanks. 0_o;
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:34 am
by freyathedark
I scared you, didn't I...
I was only kidding, pal...

Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:42 am
by Graph
...Yeeeeaaaah.
I really don't want to know how one would teach someone else to write lemon.
Teacher: Hello, class. Please [censored] and remove [censored] from your [censored].
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:47 am
by freyathedark
XD I was thinking more "Cruel Intentions" style myself.
Of course, you could just read a whole lot of it...
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:50 am
by Graph
Eh, I dislike PWP.
It's not really fiction; just another vessle for pr0n.
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:56 am
by freyathedark
I agree to a point. I have actually read some where there was a lot of plot, build up, and general development of the characters before anything happened. Those are great, if well written. PWP... eh, not so much. I suppose it could be alright, if it gave background or something, otherwise... eh.
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:57 am
by Graph
Yeah. I don't mind Pr0n with Plot as much.
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:10 am
by Konkmeister
I loved Rainfall. So...so beautiful.

You have talent. Well done and keep up the good work

Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:14 am
by Graph
Thank you...

I saw your review on Objection. <3 A few Miego things are coming soon... So yeah.
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:22 am
by Konkmeister
Sw33t! I can't wait to read them. I wonder...what motivates you to write fanfiction? I've wanted to write fics ever since PW1 but i just can't bring myself to do it.
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:32 am
by Graph
Well, writing has always been my thing. I have never been able to draw well, so, when I was a little kid, I had to find a different way to tell stories. It comes naturally to me, like athletics come easily to others (I still can't do a pull-up).
I got off lucky. A lot of people study for years before they start writing, and I pity them. But, I think you should go for it! I mean, look at my first fic. It's awful. Yet it's my most-liked story on Objection. You'll never know how good you are until you try.
Now, I suffer from disabling writer's block, so this may not help, but when I want to write something...
Sad? Crank up the tearful tunes. If I can get into the character's mind, y'know, feel what they would've felt... It's a rare experience.
Funny? Hang out with my friends. They're hysterical, and put me in a good mood so a crackfic doesn't turn emo.
Ohh, it seems I've ranted. -shot-
Hope this helps, and I'd love to read it!
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:41 am
by Konkmeister
THATS IT! Im gonna quit procrastinating and write me a fanfic. You've inspired me

Its gonna take me a while seeing as i have the imagination of a wet flannel
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:36 am
by Graph
Nonsense. You like Miego, right? <3
I usually start by picking a setting. From there, it tends to write itself.
Good luck.
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:58 am
by KingMobUK
Hey Graph, thanks for the kind words on OBJECTION!
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:40 pm
by Sebastian Stark
Good stuff - never really thought much about reading AA fic as of late, but then again when done well, it's quite freaking good.
You have a good style going, and I could read plenty more...
as a Writer myself by nature and lover of the series, I've personally got a burning desire to write a little Godot/Mia Fic myself, because I'm continually told that I've been able to capture the essence of Diego well in Rp, and have always wanted to take a crack at something like that...
Heck, who knows - only gonna take copious amounts of Coffee, a few too many listenings to Godot's theme, a little inspiration and a whole lotta luck to be in the right place at the right time when I start writing something, heh.
(Ha - I can still hear the bitterness calling me to arms even now, heh...)
Miego - the sweetest, bitterest drink...and perhaps, simply the most addictive too.
Will be awaiting more of the same!

Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:18 am
by Graph
Glad you liked it, Stark. Moar Miego's on my list o' things to do.
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:31 am
by PhoenixTears
I love them!!
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:49 am
by Tifa
Graph, your fanfiction is some of the best I've read. They're funny (or in some cases, well portrayed as dark and dismal), but in any case, addicting.
Heck, if I could read 17 of your fanfictions per day, I would.
Keep going! <3
~TiFA
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:50 am
by Graph
...Meep.
((Where did that come from...?))
Um. Thanks, Teef...

Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:17 am
by Graph
UPDATED: Haze.
(Will someone please tell me how to edit the topic title...?)
Re: Graph's Poorly-Planned Fanfiction
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:51 am
by Gregory Wright
Ah...editing the topic title? I just learned that recently myself. You edit the first post in the thread. To alter the title, change the text in the "Subject" line. Presto! New title!
Re: Graphiction~Updated 1/28
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:48 pm
by SerenityBlue
You write some fun things, Graph. I'll have to read some more (only read Catching the Bus thus far I'm afraid) when I get a chance.
Re: Graphiction~Updated 1/28
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:52 pm
by Graph
Thanks! Been having a bit o' writer's angst lately; it's nice to have a review or two.
Re: Graphiction~Updated 1/28
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:42 am
by Gregory Wright
Just read Rainfall, kitten.

Very touching. You just made me like Miego a little bit more. I just have one very minor wording correction: as Phoenix is male, he should technically be referred to as Mia's "protégé". It's extremely pedantic and people confuse noun genders like that all the time, but I thought you might want to know. Still, that was a wonderful story. You did fandom a good turn writing it.
Re: Graphiction~Updated 1/28
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:25 am
by Mia_Fey
Nice work! "Rainfall" is my personal favorite. It was just so sweet and sad. "An Interview With Godot" was interesting as well (although you may want to check the link to it as it seems to take you to "Taming A Wild Mare"). I look forward to more stories.
Re: Graphiction~Updated 1/28
Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:26 am
by SerenityBlue
Writers angst happens to the best of us, Graphy. I'm glad I could perk your spirits, though Gregory completely on-uped me on the complements department. *fist waggle* Curse you inability to speak pretty without a pencil!
EDIT: "Do not question my methods. Just give me the damn candy."
That is beautiful. If I could draw I would have been inspired to sketch.