Page 1 of 2

It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:05 am
by Tifa
So we have our headstrong, admirable Defense Attorney, Phoenix Wright.
Then the dashing, cravat-wearing genius Prosecutor, Miles Edgeworth.
And, of course, no one forgets the charming Fey sisters (with Pearly as an exception).

But what of Larry? Otherwise known as Masashi Yahari. The all-around good guy with bad luck, a junior high education, and the will to start over whenever things get bad.
:butz:
Sure, he might screw things up for Phoenix, and maybe he does make things a lot harder for you, but you have to admit that he's one helluva comic relief.

Is there any other love for Larry?Otherwise known as Masashi Yahari. Teh huggable, lovable loser? :larry2:

Some pictures of said doofus. :D

Spoiler: Is that dirt on his face? Still huggable anyways.
Image


Spoiler: Larry sure can strike a pose...
Image



Spoiler: What has he gotten himself into this time? (AA Spoiler)
Image


Spoiler: Larreh Sleeve Dance and more.
ImageImageImageImage


Image = <3

(Yes, yes I know that Larry first appeared in the first Phoenix Wright, but I like him a bit more in Trials and Tribulations.) :butzthumbs:

Re: It's Usually The Butz - Larry Thread

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:30 am
by Mia_Fey
I think Larry is adorable. Okay, he's an idiot, but he's a cute and sweet (usually) idiot. I thought that the scenes with Larry were some of the funniest in the game. I also find the friendship aspect between him, Phoenix, and Miles (whether or not he wants to admit it) to be adorable.
Now some fanart. Sources are under the pics.
Spoiler: Saving Space
Pretty friendship art in the first two.
Image
Source: http://753.tyanoyu.net/
Image
Image
Source: http://sling.client.jp/
Image
Source: http://equal.fool.jp/
Image
Source: http://www.geocities.jp/kinoko_kaihatsu/top.html
Image
And another friendship one because I'm a sucker for it
Image
Source: http://syoppaieokiba.bake-neko.net/

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:33 am
by Tifa
Thanks.
That's some awesome fanart.

And yes, I agree. I think that the friendship built between the three is utterly adorable. :larry2:

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:50 am
by MoronSonOfBoron
His two best friends are ambiguously gay. No wonder he has such bad luck with women.

For such a klutz, indeed, a screw-up, I always found it interesting how Larry has untapped creative talents. He's something of an idiot savant, really.

In the first game, he is introduced to us as... a clock-maker. Sure, it's not his actual day job, but putting a clock together and a wrought metal statue to put it in is no simple task. And it had moving parts. With electronics. And voice. Take into account that Larry probably does not have a lot of people who owe him anything, so he would probably have had to make the clocks himself. Yes, not just one, but two. The man is an freakin' engineer. I doubt there are many manuals that describe "How to Assemble and Program An Electronic Talking Clock."

In the second game... wait, he's not in JFA? SCANDAL.

In the third game, we see him as a budding artist, and indeed while his wonderful sketch of the burning bridge isn't exactly what you'd call Monet or Van Gogh, but it's obvious by the awfully accurate and vivid depictions in the ending credits sketch that he's developing rather quickly.

Oh, Larry... will you ever find a girl who can appreciate your dorkiness AND your hidden talents?

The following piece was posted in the "Official GS Cute Couples" thread. If you remember the girl's name, you win a cookie.
Spoiler: Collaborative drawing on PChat between myself and Ethed.
Image

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:39 pm
by lalalei2001
It's Penny Nichols :)

And I like Larry too! He's such an adorable dork. ^_^ And he does have artistic abilities.

Hey...

I'm lazy, self-centered, and antisocial.

I'M AN ARTIST TOO! :-p

And I love getting answers wrong in his Psyche-Locks. His reactions are hilarious :D

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:10 pm
by Donald Serrot
For some reason I think of Ty Pennington when I see Larry's face.
Spoiler: Seperated at birth?
ImageImage

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:32 pm
by tehrach
Actually, I couldn't believe how good he looked

Spoiler: situational spoiler
in his sercurity uniform


I remember me saying "hello" in a really lustful voice in my head. >.>
I swear this game messes with my brain.

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:23 pm
by Mia_Fey
Donald Serrot wrote:For some reason I think of Ty Pennington when I see Larry's face.
Spoiler: Seperated at birth?
ImageImage

Wow. They do look rather similar. I'm amused.

Okay, I found some time to do a more thorough look through of my fanart collection. Here's a few more of just Larry, but most of the stuff I've collected is friendship stuff (I'm sorry! That aspect really is one of my favorite parts of the games so when I find those pics I tend to save them immediately). Sources are under pics.
Spoiler: Saving Space
Image
Source: http://9981.kakurezato.com/
Image
Source: http://kirazu.crap.jp/
Image
Source: http://naise.web.fc2.com/
Image
Source: http://mtamaki.hp.infoseek.co.jp/
Larry's a bad influence. To be fair, you probably need to be drunk to listen to him rant.
Image
Source: http://www.geocities.jp/kinoko_kaihatsu/top.html
Image
Larry is so about to get his butt kicked and knowing him, he probably deserves it.
Image
Image
Source: http://www15.plala.or.jp/no_909/

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:51 pm
by Quizer
The following piece was posted in the "Official GS Cute Couples" thread. If you remember the girl's name, you win a cookie.
Wow, that's actually pretty hot.

Larry is a pretty great character and his antics never fail to crack me up. His cross-examination in the last case of the series is one of my favorites. It's pretty mean, but we all love to make fun of the Butz!

Thanks, MoronSonOfBoron, for your insightful comments about Larry's hidden talents. I figured the artist thing out on my own, but I never thought that far when it comes to his 'mad engineering skillz'. It gives the poor dude some real depth and a great asset that any girl you want to pair him up with might appreciate, emphasizing that he is in fact not a total loser. (Even if those clocks seem to have a curse on them, having both been used for murder...) I'm totally going to use that in my fanfics if I need to portray Larry's character.


Quizer

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:57 pm
by Donald Serrot
Donald Serrot wrote:For some reason I think of Ty Pennington when I see Larry's face.
Spoiler: Seperated at birth?
ImageImage

A quick something I just put together.

Image
Alright everybody! LETS BUILD THIS HOUSE!

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:13 am
by Tifa
Donald Serrot wrote:
Donald Serrot wrote:For some reason I think of Ty Pennington when I see Larry's face.
Spoiler: Seperated at birth?
ImageImage

A quick something I just put together.

Image
Alright everybody! LETS BUILD THIS HOUSE!


Wow, there is a great similarity between the two! (And nice sprite. :D)
-reminds self to watch show more often-

Image
It's Gangsta Butz.


Spoiler:
Image


Spoiler: How's that for friendship?
Image


(Found randomly on Photobucket. :larry2:)

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:19 am
by Mii
I like it and I like Gangsta Butz.

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:32 am
by MoronSonOfBoron
Tifa wrote:
Image
It's Gangsta Butz.

Spoiler: Fixed.
Image

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:36 am
by Immortal FeatherLLS
No joke, there was someone on the news named Jason Butz who was found guilty of robber and attempted rape. Laughed my ass off, he was beaten and knocked out before the police got there to arrest him.

Didn't think the name Butz was around, plus I didn't bother to look it up either.

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:03 am
by Mia_Fey
Tifa wrote:
Spoiler: How's that for friendship?
Image


(Found randomly on Photobucket. :larry2:)

That is just fantastic! I laughed so hard. Very nice find. Edgey looks a bit scary though. What is with the wooden stick?

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:06 am
by MoronSonOfBoron
I think they left him swinging blindly at the pinata while they snuck off for watermelon.

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:44 am
by Dark Maylee
I love Larry and I was disappointed to not see him in JFA since he is an important character even though he's not a main character. There needs to be more fan fiction and fan art of Larry.


(P.S. I just had a thought: it would be somewhat... interesting if Larry won the lottery 7 years after T&T and became mad rich.)

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:42 am
by Graph
This topic is made of WIN.

Larry (AKA Laurice, AKA Larreh) is just too adorable to not hug.

He and Teef = <3.

Nice arts, all. :larry2:

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:59 am
by Mia_Fey
This topic is definitely excellent. Poor Larry is so unappreciated. *Goes to scrounge up more fanart to contribute.*

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:06 am
by Tifa
Very unappreciated. Hmm... Larry needs hugs.
Hugs for Larry? :D -hugs-

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:18 am
by Graph
-huggleglomp-

If you do not hug the Larry-ness, you are not human.

About that shirtless Larry pic...

Teefa got a nosebleed when she saw it. For serious.

You need to draw him, Teef, so we can see. :larry2:

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:25 am
by Tifa
Larry Hugs- 2
Moarrr~! :D

-mental note-
(Draw Larry!)

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:27 am
by Sister White
Larry is awesome :butzthumbs: My boyfriend's super cute dog is named Larry and so is my uber amazing economics prof, not that it has to do with anything :larry:

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:29 am
by Tifa
Nah, it's fine! :D
Thanks for sharing the Larry Love. :larry2:

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:32 am
by Donald Serrot
Larry FTW!

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:39 am
by Mia_Fey
More love for Larry!
Spoiler: Saving Space
Image
I can't translate it, but knowing Larry its either about him being rejected by Iris, Mia, Maya, and Franny or he's in his normal delusional state and is trying to decide between them (because he has a shot there). Larry's just being Larry. :larry2:
Image
Now more friendship stuff.
Image
Image

Source for all here

I was replaying 3-2 earlier and I both laughed and felt bad for him when Desiree made fun of his flirting. That's a pretty typical reaction for me though as far as Larry goes. He's just so cute and goofy.

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:40 am
by Graph
OHMUHGOD.

Larry has SORA SHOES.

The CAPS LOCK. IT BUUURNS.

-ker-shotshotshot-

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:43 am
by Tifa
Ha...! :godot:
Larry can work Sora shoes.

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:47 am
by Donald Serrot
Larry and Sora shoes! WIN!

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:55 am
by samthesham
It was ages before I realized that Larry wasn't just wearing an orange long-sleeved shirt over a t-shirt, but an actual orange suit jacket. That's about ten times more hilarious.

The Butz ain't got no fashion sense.

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:02 pm
by MoronSonOfBoron
For me, the silliest part of Larry's attire was always his pants. For some reason they remind me of this:
The 40 Year Old Virgin wrote:David: You know how I know you're gay?
Cal: How? How do you know I'm gay?
David: Because you macramed yourself a pair of jean shorts.

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:37 am
by Tifa
Really? I thought the fact Larry doesn't wear socks was the silliest part of his attire (or lack thereof). :D
-goes off to search for more Larry pics-

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:10 pm
by Mia_Fey
Because Larry is awesome, I managed to dig up a few more pics.
Spoiler: Saving Space

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:22 pm
by kaitouX
Mia_Fey wrote:Because Larry is awesome, I managed to dig up a few more pics.


Oh my god, that first one is totally adorable <3

And Larry is hilarious, really. And I like his expressions, they're always so funny xD But sometimes he scares me. Not so long ago I had a dream in which I was talking with Larry...About websites and computer games, or something like that, then he randomly hugged me. Yay for my PW-ish dreams.

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:28 pm
by Quizer
And Larry is hilarious, really. And I like his expressions, they're always so funny xD But sometimes he scares me. Not so long ago I had a dream in which I was talking with Larry...About websites and computer games, or something like that, then he randomly hugged me. Yay for my PW-ish dreams.
See, even your subconscious thought Larry is lovable! :larry2: I would totally love having a dream with PW characters in it. Although, seeing as how I'm a guy, I'd rather have one of the girls randomly hug me ( :wave: )

But if I was a girl, I would totally go for Larry!


Quizer

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:30 pm
by VGK
Larry is quite possibly my favorite character besides the obvious choices.

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:50 am
by Tifa
New Window'sPaint picture by Tifa. :D
About... well, you should know who.

Edit: Er... taken away by request?

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:51 am
by Graph
It... It scares me.

Take it away. Please.

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:55 am
by Yuu-chan
Despite the trouble he makes, Larry is a good character. Didn't get much development like Nick and Edgey did though, with his absence in JFA. But oh well.

I think that artist outfit was cute on him. x3 Pink suits him well.
And his pants kinda remind me of Lupin's....hmm..

Re: It's Usually The Butz

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:20 am
by MoronSonOfBoron
Yuu-chan wrote:And his pants kinda remind me of Lupin's....hmm..

And what's in 'em, eh?