Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay

Page 1 of 1[ 20 posts ]

Adrian Andrews Cosplay... a little help?Topic%20Title

pixel artist

Well, I've decided on going as Adrian Andrews (JFA incarnation) to Comic-con (or wherever the hell I'm going...). It'll be my first cosplay, so I decided to pick someone who didn't have a completely ridiculous costume. I managed to find pretty much everything I need online, all at reasonable prices, and then I came across a bit of a dilemma.
So, I was like 'omg shoes', and decided to look at Adrian's official art. the concept artbook didn't have anything, so I went to the artbook with the sprite-art.
Her pants are light blue? That's a bit different from what I figured they looked like from here. I thought they were white. Also, it shows her belt as silver, as opposed to the brown in the sprite.

tl;dr version:
1. Should I use sky blue or white for Adrian's pants?
2. What should I use for her shoes? I have black ankle-boots at home, as well as all sorts of sandals.
3. Should her belt be brown (as in the sprite) or silver (as in the artbook?)
4. Does anyone know of any small hardcover books that are pink when you take the book jacket off? I'll probably just be looking aimlessly at Borders, but...
5. How am I going to make those lines on her halter top? I could use fabric pen, but I don't have the steadiest hand...

Thanks all :adrian:
Re: Adrian Andrews Cosplay... a little help?Topic%20Title

A new hero with a heart burning blue

Location: If i told you that would not be very much fun now would it?

1. White is easier to get.
2. try platform-ish sandals
3. once again brown cause it is easier to get
4. Not really, try teen girls' novels (blech...)
5. Actually Adrian wears an around-the-neck tank top. make sure the top is a little loose. crease the lines and sew where the fabric pops up.

That's all I can say if you need any clarification PM me. Good luck, and send me pictures! :adrian:

-- Sincerely yours,
Ignatius Envieu :odoroki:
Making new sig...
half way to descisive witness...

pixel artist

Well, I'm planning on buying a top instead of sewing one (since my mom is and has always been extremely put off by the idea of sewing with machines), and I found the perfect one on ebay. So I'm guessing I could just crease at the lines and sew where it pops up, like you said.
the top. I can't believe I had such good luck.
If I'm committing some horrible cosplay crime by using this top, tell me. I can always commission a top, or work together with one of my neighbors/my grandma to sew one.
Also, the sandals seem like a good idea, since I have some espadrilles with dark blue on them at home... seems like something she would wear.
And I will definitly post pictures here when I get them/as I go! Thanks!

Mafia- Serious Business..lol

The top is fine :3

As for the belt the silver one is used for her return in T&T. Wear the brown one for JFA.
The belt goes around her waist, overlapping the blue shirt. She wears white pants. The book is usually printed before the sprite, but every Adrian Andrews cosplayer I've seen wears white pants, so I think you should do that :3
Random Ace Attorney 'Shipper From Hell approves of Franziska/Adrian >;D

As for the shoes, feel free to take a little license. Only picture I see of her shoes are for her TnT version and even then it's not a good picture. Something with heels perhaps to give that extra managerial look.

TLS Admin and Representative

Don't forget to purchase at least twenty pairs of spectacles in case you get caught lying at the conventions.

A new hero with a heart burning blue

Location: If i told you that would not be very much fun now would it?

AWESOME!!!!!!

oh btw I meant to buy the top and it is easier to buy simple materials than to make them...

Which con you goin' to?
Making new sig...
half way to descisive witness...

Rise and shine, Mr. Judge.

I CANT WAIT, SRSLY.
I <333333 ADRI.

pixel artist

Haruko: haha, alright.
Inagtius: Like I said in the beginning of my post, most likely Comic-con. I have friends in that area who I'd like to see. If not... some con in the northeast.
Aviv: Lol, awesome. :D

Anyways, I've bid on the auction and I plan to go out and get some reading glasses sometime this week... plus I'm probably buying the wig soon. I'll take pictures as I get them. :adrian:

Four is Death

Aviv wrote:
I CANT WAIT, SRSLY.
I <333333 ADRI.

I forsee a Sekaviv pairing soon :pft:

Don't know any plain covered pink books... maybe paint a notebook/diary-type book pink? Or colour it.

Be patient. It'll take until at least next year's Anime Boston, but I am planning a HakurOos since I plan to go to that as a secret character...

Spoiler: Avert your eyes if you want to be surprised for Anime Boston '09!
Luke Atmey!

pixel artist

Well, I managed to win the auction for the top, and it's a tad small, but I think I'll be fine. The only thing I really have to worry about with the top is the terrible shape my skin is in on my shoulders...
Well, nothing that a a backcial can't fix. :beef:
I also bought the glasses today.
One question: Is there anywhere that can make plain plastic/nonprescription glass lenses for glasses? I had to get reading glasses, and I think punching the lenses out would look kind of stupid, so...

Spoiler: Pic with the glasses and top

I think I look good. :adrian:

(and yes, I will be taking very good care of my face before Comic-con. Those stupid-looking scabs will be gone)

seka wrote:
Well, I managed to win the auction for the top, and it's a tad small, but I think I'll be fine. The only thing I really have to worry about with the top is the terrible shape my skin is in on my shoulders...
Well, nothing that a a backcial can't fix. :beef:
I also bought the glasses today.
One question: Is there anywhere that can make plain plastic/nonprescription glass lenses for glasses? I had to get reading glasses, and I think punching the lenses out would look kind of stupid, so...

Spoiler: Pic with the glasses and top

I think I look good. :adrian:

(and yes, I will be taking very good care of my face before Comic-con. Those stupid-looking scabs will be gone)

I have similar problems as you with Gant. My outfit I ordered is a suit size 50, but it's about 1-2 sizes too small, which means intense modification. Now, when I take off my glasses, I am legally blind in my left eye. (You know those Eye charts? My right eye can read the second line from the bottom. My left eye can only read from the second line from the top and even that is blurry.) Therefore, I'm gonna be walking around with poor perception the entire convention 'cause the sunglasses Gant wears aren't covered by my insurance... T_T

Finally, I also have a few specks of redness on my face, which means for the first time in my entire life, I have to use makeup. Then again, I kinda do anyway because Gant has a tan that I could not accomplish even if I tried to because if I did try, my hair would turn bleach blonde and i hate it when my hair turns that color in the sunlight because strangers think I'm some kind of surfer/hacker hybrid or my friends think I turned Super Saiyan... @_@;

That's sad.... just like my right eye~
Hakuro de Killer wrote:
My right eye can read the second line from the bottom. My left eye can only read from the second line from the top and even that is blurry.) Therefore, I'm gonna be walking around with poor perception the entire convention 'cause the sunglasses Gant wears aren't covered by my insurance... T_T

:keylady: Hmmmm... whatever, it is time to fly return~ :edgy:

(7o_o)7 Sprite Arts Game char Deja-vus? Chores AA char in 3D! Ryu CR!

People should live freely without constraints.
That's how life should be! -
Richard Wellington

Rise and shine, Mr. Judge.

Allan's Aokage wrote:
Aviv wrote:
I CANT WAIT, SRSLY.
I <333333 ADRI.

I forsee a Sekaviv pairing soon :pft:

Don't know any plain covered pink books... maybe paint a notebook/diary-type book pink? Or colour it.

>>>>>.....>>>>>>>>>
THE ONLY THING WE DID TOGETHER WAS A SPRITE, I SWEAR D:
..Oh.
Also, really cute, Seka :D

Hakuro de Killer wrote:
Now, when I take off my glasses, I am legally blind in my left eye. (You know those Eye charts? My right eye can read the second line from the bottom. My left eye can only read from the second line from the top and even that is blurry.) Therefore, I'm gonna be walking around with poor perception the entire convention 'cause the sunglasses Gant wears aren't covered by my insurance... T_T

You could get contacts. I have a pair of normal ones and blue ones just for cosplay. The contacts themselves aren't that expensive, but the eye exam is, so that may be a problem in terms of insurance. You should do something at least about your vision, because otherwise you'll miss out on so much at a convention (e.g. awesome cosplays, dealer goodies, events viewed from afar, etc.). If all else fails, you can carry around your own glasses and take them off when posing for pictures and such, but then you have to worry about holding onto your glasses and wouldn't be walking around in full costume as well (not that big a deal I suppose). I lost an old pair of prescription glasses at a convention doing the opposite - putting them on for pictures.

pixel artist

No, I haven't been abandoning this cosplay. I just don't really have any new photos, etc to share.
My question is: What would be the best wig for Adrian/easiest to style into her hair? I'm not an expert on fibers, but I'm trying to narrow my selection down. I've been looking at Amphigory (http://www.amphigory.com) and Cosworx (http://www.cosworx.com/) mostly, but I would be willing to buy from reputable eBay sellers. Any suggestions?
Oh, and according to my boyfriend, Adrian has light blue pants. Considering those are impossible to find and I probably don't have time/energy to sew them, I'm probably going to have to be a little less accurate with my white pants.
I bought the Comic-con tickets so I'll definitly be going, see you all (well, whoever is going) there! :adrian:

Hakuro de Killer wrote:
My right eye can read the second line from the bottom. My left eye can only read from the second line from the top and even that is blurry.) Therefore, I'm gonna be walking around with poor perception the entire convention 'cause the sunglasses Gant wears aren't covered by my insurance... T_T

I'm not sure if you can find them where you live, but... Here you can get "clips", by which I mean sun lenses with no correction that you clip on your regular correction glasses. If you can find something like that, you'd be able to see.

I need an avatar and sig... |:

I guess that in the shoes and pants this sprite can help a bit:

Avistew wrote:
Hakuro de Killer wrote:

I'm not sure if you can find them where you live, but... Here you can get "clips", by which I mean sun lenses with no correction that you clip on your regular correction glasses. If you can find something like that, you'd be able to see.

The only thing I have remotely close to that are a pair of very large, industrial-looking shades that are designed to be worn over a pair of spectacles, lenses, frames, and all. Not only are they too big, but they're also not tinted any special color. I wear them when I have stayed up over half the night or I find the sunlight to be a little too bright and give me a headache.

Anyway, it's no problem. I wore my Gant sunglasses in a video conversation with Oos-chan for good amount of time and didn't have any real problems, so I guess that's fine.
Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ] 

Board index » Present Evidence » Cosplay