Board index » Present Evidence » Games

Page 22 of 22[ 880 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Re: [LuAA] Nintendo DS CasemakerTopic%20Title

It's good to see you're making such progress, B12Core :)

It's a good thing I have AAI to keep me waiting :edgeworth:

LuAA Developer

Found a fix for the memory issue. :)

Also announced a new project which will be in-sync with LuAA's development -- kahLua. kahLua will be the new base for LuAA and will also be a Lua backend I will be releasing to the DS homebrew community as well.

priceless.

I'm really interested in learning how to homebrew games for the DS.
Will this project be open source? I know the main page says it will be, but to what extent?
The source code for the engine or just case files?

Regardless, this is an amazing project.
Thank you for your hard work; I can't wait to try it out.

LuAA Developer

rockonground wrote:
I'm really interested in learning how to homebrew games for the DS.
Will this project be open source? I know the main page says it will be, but to what extent?
The source code for the engine or just case files?

Regardless, this is an amazing project.
Thank you for your hard work; I can't wait to try it out.

The source code for the complete Lua wrapper and the C engine behind it will be included.

I sprained my wrist while skating today :p, typing with one hand atm. development will be delayed :(

priceless.

LuAA Developer

LuAA is still in the works, guys.

Just been caught up with some real life business. Will get back to work ASAP.

priceless.

The kind of judge you can trust

Still very much looking forward to this! My DS awaits <3

Thanks for letting people know you're still working on it, B12

Ace Ancestor

I am definitely looking forward to this project!

Just curious though: I own a DSi and can't run the ds.gba demo ROM provided.
Any way it can be converted to .nds somehow?

Also, if you need help with the code let me know!
I've got some background with C programming. =]
You can quote me on that!

I have returned!

Lang Zi wrote:
I am definitely looking forward to this project!

Just curious though: I own a DSi and can't run the ds.gba demo ROM provided.
Any way it can be converted to .nds somehow?

Also, if you need help with the code let me know!
I've got some background with C programming. =]

Just hange the extension to .nds, worked for me. :beef:

Ace Ancestor

Attorneyatlawl wrote:
Just hange the extension to .nds, worked for me. :beef:

Thanks for the reply!
I've tried, but unfortunately my DSi won't take it.
Given the extension, I would guess that the ROM was made to work with the DS and DS-Lite consoles, which support GBA?
I could be wrong however. Did you get yours to work on a DSi? If so, how did you set up your flash card?

Edit: Did some research and got this:
http://www.ndshb.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=27 wrote:
ds.gba is a binary for the Nintendo DS designed to run from GBA ROM. It usually consists of a small loader, a .nds file, and zero or more appended data files. The code in the ds.gba file reads from the appended data files using reads from GBA ROM space. Flash carts, M3, and SuperCard support this.

I'm trying to load the game from a menu loader, which I can't do. I presume I'm supposed to load this off the GBA slot directly, which is a problem given that DSi's don't have one!
If there is indeed a .nds file embedded, would it be possible to post that instead?
Again, I'm still rather new at DS homebrew and could be completely off track here. =P
You can quote me on that!

Sorry, I know nothing about menu loaders. All I can tell you is B12's previous releases have run perfectly fine on my DS Lite using both my DS Simply and my AceKard 2. Those are both Slot-1 devices, didn't even have anything in the GBA slot.

What's a menu loader, anyway? Does this mean they've got a way to run homebrew from the SD card slot on the DSi? :o

Newb Attorney

B12Core, I want to make a game using LuAA. Will I have to wait or can I just ask for a link that I won't share with anyone?

Edit: Also, what are the variables? (stuff like <character:Mia Fey/frames 77/sfx 7>? <--I made that up.)

That lovable troll.

Sup B, its been a while. Love the sig btw.
I remember when CR was cool and Croik was the only one in charge.

I also remember when we used to have respectable members. :(

Heya, it's been about 6 weeks, any chance we'll get a status update soon? :)

Shinkinrui wrote:
Heya, it's been about 6 weeks, any chance we'll get a status update soon? :)

B12 hasn't been on CR since March 16 and that was only because I asked him on MSN if he abandoned LuAA. :S

You can check his blog for updates but he hasn't posted anything about LuAA in quite some time.

So, has B12Core given up on this ? :(
It's too bad to give up so close to finishing it !
I wish he could at least release what he's done so far, just so it doesn't go to waste...

"...Naturally."

Ugh. Great. Just great. Guess my game won't be on LuAA after all. :zenitora:
Engaged to Reiji!
Credit to Nadindi for the awesome sig! :D

LuAA Developer

B12CORE wrote:
I've been currently active in the community, just inactive in programming this.

Long story short, the engine I was previously using to program LuAA with was unstable. I had been testing the engine solely on the emulator and not on actual hardware, which subsequently lead to memory leak issues when loaded onto a flashcard. Thus, I had decided to program my own variation on a Lua engine, 'tequiLua'. It was within a month, however, that fincs (the maintainer of PALib) had plans of his own Lua engine. I felt that he was a better candidate to take on this job, there really was no point in both of us doing the same job and I am currently waiting on the release of his engine to continue working on LuAA.

If he so happens to cancel his project or delay the project past August 1st, 2010, I will do my part and continue 'tequiLua' in order to get LuAA back up and running.

It's unfortunate that things have come to this, I know I've let a lot of people down, but I will get back on this and hopefully help you guys get the casemaking engine you seek. Feel free to look at PyWright, Ace Attorney Online and PWLib, casemaking engines for the PC, during the meantime.

I have no idea what you guys have been told (why would I quit?!). But yeah, just a clarification.

priceless.

AIGE/PWLib Casemaker Developer

No one told anyone anything, really. The community itself concluded you give up because when release was close, you vanished. Twice. And always "something came up". You should inform people better to avoid them concluding stuff incorrectly. Or just give up on LuAA at once.
PWLib 1.2 Under Development

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

LuAA Developer

KSA_Tech wrote:
No one told anyone anything, really. The community itself concluded you give up because when release was close, you vanished. Twice. And always "something came up". You should inform people better to avoid them concluding stuff incorrectly. Or just give up on LuAA at once.

Been caught up with life, a lot of stuff has been going on since I stopped working on this (took on two part-time jobs, working towards my license, high school) and although I have no excuse for not posting a reply, LuAA was honestly not one of my greatest priorities at the time.

How have you been doing?

priceless.

As always, thanks for your classy and well-reasoned response, KSA_Tech. You sure told him! Man, what would we do if you weren't around to provide such a shining example of how great this community can be? If people can't devote their lives to a hobby, they're obviously worthless and should give up at once. Thanks for the perspective.

Glad you found a little time to post, B12. Hope to see a complete case maker at some point :)

Instead of looking at what i said and looking at it with the "bad" eyes, just say "welcome back" to "him" and let's get on with it.
And I never wanted to make this community look great, because it isn't.

PWLib Casemaker (Version 1.1) at http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=8788

Okay. Although I don't see why you're so down on the community. I suppose there is a slight problem with people who make unnecessarily mean posts or try to stamp out competition and then act like they're the victim when people retaliate. Other than that, I think this community is pretty cool.

"Welcome back" to "you," B12.

I prefer to refrain from giving a full and proper answer to avoid creating problems.

Better then discuss, let's forget about it and move on. In the end we will discuss and ending up with everything the same. I tend to forget this is CR after all.

Foedus Obrepit Errabundus

Shinkinrui wrote:
As always, thanks for your classy and well-reasoned response, KSA_Tech. You sure told him! Man, what would we do if you weren't around to provide such a shining example of how great this community can be? If people can't devote their lives to a hobby, they're obviously worthless and should give up at once. Thanks for the perspective.

Shinkinrui wrote:
I suppose there is a slight problem with people who make unnecessarily mean posts or try to stamp out competition and then act like they're the victim when people retaliate. Other than that, I think this community is pretty cool.

Couldn't have said it better myself. No, really. I would get banned for flaming if I tried.

For those who don't know/don't care how B12core is really like...

I tried to reason once with the community, and it really didn't matter if I was right or wrong. That is what makes this community bad at a point. If you argue here, you get antagonized because you pointed something wrong at someone. And even if you're right, people won't care.

There are a lot of decent people here, so CR isn't a totally bad community. But as I said, people won't read and/or care about what I write anyway...

Mostly human

Give it a rest KSA, if you come into a thread acting hostile or back-chatting about the project (particularly when you have a long history of it) don't be surprised when people are hostile back to you.

It's this kind of behavior that's made the Games section a far less friendly place than it should be, so if we want to talk about "what's good for the community" one of the first things would be for you to stop stirring up trouble in "rival" threads.
If you've actually got any genuine queries about LuAA or any other casemaker please keep them to PM, at least then we'll have the illusion of a peaceful community.

Ok, sorry for my inconvenient later posts.
I will refrain myself from posting here to keep the community looking peaceful.

LuAA Developer

I had offered my school a website to replace our current one. I'm currently their webmaster, which is a paid position, so I will have to complete this. However, since I've taken LuAA back on, I will make sure I spend minimal time on the website and maximum time on LuAA. It's already long overdue after all. The site should be prepared by August, but just in case it isn't, I'll be working on LuAA despite its progress.

priceless.

FINE

B12Core wrote:
I had offered my school a website to replace our current one. I'm currently their webmaster, which is a paid position, so I will have to complete this. However, since I've taken LuAA back on, I will make sure I spend minimal time on the website and maximum time on LuAA. It's already long overdue after all. The site should be prepared by August, but just in case it isn't, I'll be working on LuAA despite its progress.

Good news everyone!
It's awesome to hear you're working on it again :D

LuAA Developer

I've attempted to contact the guy who currently maintains DSLua, the engine we are to use for LuAA. However, he is unavailable, it seems.

Thus, I will simply take on the project myself sometime in August (I have some other projects that I'm working on currently) and work on it from there.

Also, leaving for a flight going to the States in 30 minutes! See you in a week ;)

priceless.

Here for my yearly login

B12Core wrote:
I've attempted to contact the guy who currently maintains DSLua, the engine we are to use for LuAA. However, he is unavailable, it seems.

Thus, I will simply take on the project myself sometime in August (I have some other projects that I'm working on currently) and work on it from there.

Also, leaving for a flight going to the States in 30 minutes! See you in a week ;)

Jesus, you're committed to this project, updating this just before your flight.

(Apparently, the original message sounded sarcastic, so I edited it sound less like that. Sorry if you have mobline internet, and thought I was being mean :( )
Signatures are hard...

LuAA Developer

Fincs wrote:
Status update
Filed under: DS homebrew — fincs @ 8:36 pm

Yay for this two month hiatus.

No, I’ve not abandoned, it’s just that:

* There is a non-DS-dev-related project I want to take care about.
* I was ending the school year.
* General lazyness.

I now have a summer break so I should be able to work on DS homebrew, including a PAlib-to-libnds transition layer. A sneak peek of what’s coming:

(yes, that’s a pacifier)

For those who are worried about the Lua port, it’s indeed in my project list. The source code for the latest test R4i knockoff bootstrap will also be released once I clean it up (requested by Steve).

Source : http://fincs.drunkencoders.com/

He is currently working on the Lua engine as of July 10th, 2010. Thus, I will not be commencing plans on working on an engine of my own. LuAA will be based off his, whenever he so chooses to release it.

priceless.

"Rabbits Attorney!"

sorry.. newbie coming.. hehehe..

is there any.. well, complete guide about the basis of LuAA? It hard for me to find the exact source.. hehehe

Behold my rabbits...
ImageImageImageImageImage

Newb Attorney

Maybe there should be a wiki with an explanation on LuAA's API?

LuAA casemaker has now been open-sourced within the following link:

:: Source

Description:

LuAA is a mobile visual novel application programmed in an open-source distribution of the extensible language, Lua, namely MicroLua. MicroLua is designed for ARM hardware architecture, specifically for an ARM7/ARM9 processor configuration found in the Nintendo DS. Thus, it disallows allocation of memory past 4MB, internally. It is packaged with the compiled (proprietary) ARM7/ARM9 binaries to prevent user manipulation. However, the front-end programmed in MicroLua is powerful enough for user customizability (re-compile all included files using NDSTool -> Pack to compile a .nds file). LuAA placed 1st in the Neoflash Spring Coding Competition 2009, originally named AceAttorneyDS (http://www.neoflash....hp?topic=5557.0), winning a $300 prize.

It is still a tad buggy (graphical issues), but most of the functionality is there. As an open-source project, I hope you guys play with it and see where you go! I'm unfortunately busy with university now and cannot continue working on this. Good luck!

The programming discussion thread can be found on the MicroLua page.

Everyone's favourite culprit!

Location: A room with only one door and one window. Both are currently locked.

I can't use it. Could you tell me how to make games with this. Do you just plonk the whole folder into the R4i?

Yesterday's Tomorrow

^The folder doesn't include a .nds file, so I doubt that would work...
I have read through some of the files, and they mention something about using ndstool to compile an .nds file...

Two more games coming up soon

x711Li > Great to know this is still alive =)

Out of curiosity, are you the one who sent me an email?
Creator of Apollo Justice Case 5: Turnabout Substitution: Trailer - Download
Co-creator of New Year's Turnabout, Turnabout Revolution, and At Dawn's Break

Everyone's favourite culprit!

Location: A room with only one door and one window. Both are currently locked.

Thursday wrote:
^The folder doesn't include a .nds file, so I doubt that would work...
I have read through some of the files, and they mention something about using ndstool to compile an .nds file...

But I can't get NDStool to work. :payne:

POW! Ha ha!

Call me dense, but...
So, this won't be updated again... ever? Not even in four years?
Page 22 of 22 [ 880 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22

Board index » Present Evidence » Games