Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 11 of 115[ 4571 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 115  Next

Re: Danganronpa F4: One-Way Ticket to Ride (Ch1 Daily Life)Topic%20Title

The Doots Ring Eternally Within My Mind

Collin1002 wrote:
Upon seeing the familiar face (well, mask), Bryan's previously worried expression turns into his signature grin. "Oh, phew, it's just you, Bren. Got a little scared for a sec! And yeah, that's my talent. Why do you ask?"

"So you must spend a lot of time on the streets too. Then you understand how I feel, right? About those empty streets, y'know? It's just..."

Boetius crosses his arms. He seems to be failing to think of a good description.

"... It's just weird. You don't think whoever set this all up could really 'rent' a whole city, do you? How much money and influence would that even take?"

diddle my bumhole

DootDootDoot wrote:
Collin1002 wrote:
Upon seeing the familiar face (well, mask), Bryan's previously worried expression turns into his signature grin. "Oh, phew, it's just you, Bren. Got a little scared for a sec! And yeah, that's my talent. Why do you ask?"

"So you must spend a lot of time on the streets too. Then you understand how I feel, right? About those empty streets, y'know? It's just..."

Boetius crosses his arms. He seems to be failing to think of a good description.

"... It's just weird. You don't think whoever set this all up could really 'rent' a whole city, do you? How much money and influence would that even take?"

He nods in response, putting his hands on his hips. "Yep, I usually go out every day. And it is really weird. You'd think that we'd hear and see cars on the street, people on the sidewalk, but... there's nothin'. How could someone just... get a city for the sake of this 'killing game'?"

He shrugs his shoulders, a look of confusion on his face. "I feel ya, man. But that announcement did say that one of us made this whole thing. Whoever it is must have a ton of money and influence."

"Finding anything helpful in getting out of here." He says to Irene. "All of them just the same few things we saw during the tour."
Signature loading, please wait...

Cesar Zero wrote:
Raul, who had been busy searching the other floors, steps out of the elevator into the lounge, oblivious to what had been going on previously and having managed to not run into any of the others until now.

"No luck with any of the hotel rooms." He sits in one of the couches. "What about you guys? Have you made any progress yet?" He said, not being able to read the mood in the room at all.

"Nope," Urumi called from her seat. "All we really learned here is we aren't allowed to surgically remove the... bombs." She seemed to struggle a bit in getting the last word out. "Oh, and Clement is still pushing his stupid 'Let me kill someone and get away with it so I can come back with help' idea."

Truly unfortunate.

"I see." She says, frowning lightly. "I... did not find anything either in my first observation of the skyscraper. It is truly unfortunate-- perhaps we are stuck here until someone notices one of us missing. If there is nothing to help us escape, then there is nothing to help us escape, I am afraid."

And now I am the dead

KamiPanda wrote:
All alone until just then, Keri danced slowly in the middle of the room to music coming out of the kickass boombox, lost in her own world far removed from the conflict one floor down. Hearing Alex arrive, she called over "greetings. Are you here for some music? They have quite the collection."

"Howdy, Keri!" Alex said, greeting the environmentalist. "I'm mostly just looking around, but listening to some music sounds like it could be fun! What are ya listenin' to?"

lcarus wrote:
"45, 45... And here we are!" Oscar steps off the elevator and enters the ballroom, eager to scope the room out. Spotting Keri and Alex already there, he grins and wastes no time approaching the two.

"Hello, hello! Glad to see more people are taking the time to explore. A grand place, isn't it? And I hear you've already got the boombox running. Exactly what I came to check out myself."

Alex waved to Oscar as he joined the two girls. "Hey Oscar! Glad to see more people are joining us!"

Shy guy

"I am listening to hip-hop." Keri replied happily. "It is a style of music I am largely unfamiliar with, and so I have taken the opportunity to try some now, while we are equipped with the high-end facilities to do so."

"It is good to see you, Oscar." She then said, heralding his arrival with a spin in his direction in time with the music. "I imagine this is rather your area of expertise? Please feel free to examine the machine to your heart's content."

"I see. Well, no matter, a group like us surely won't just give up so easily and do something like kill to escape...and we will just have to keep an eye on those who would." He said, not so subtly looking towards James as he said that.

Thank you, valued customer

Spoiler: 7:50 A.M.
“...” Everyone’s bracelet crackles for a moment, before the voice begins speaking, “Hello everyone, this is your Sky Vista Cruises representative speaking. It is time for an important announcement. Please gather in the ballroom as soon as possible.”

“Trust me, nerds, this announcement is gonna blow the last one out of the water!” He laughs before hanging up.

“O-oh no. I don’t think the last announcement was very good…” Abby shudders.

“I concur, I haven’t been impressed so far at all,” James huffs “Totally derivative stuff, this whole ‘killing game’. Not to mention how amateurish this announcer guy comes across as. He’s totally directionless.”

“Anyway! Koichi and I should go to this meeting, since we are trained in combat!” Raul commands. “Of course if there’s any sign of trouble, we’ll make it back immediately to report! You hear me Koichi!?”

“Y-yes sir! My expertise will be essential to-”

“Quit kissing ass,” Mitzi cuts Koichi off. “We’re all going, you idiots are over-complicating things. If we fight back we’re dead, so let’s just get in and out as quickly as possible.”

Raul blushes. “You’re right! We must all go!”

“Oh, Mitzi! You humbled Raul’s passionate heart!” Circe gushes as everyone begins to make their way to the ballroom.

In the ballroom, the passengers are greeted by Otto, flitting about in front of a stack of what looks like eighteen tablets.

“Oh-ho! There you are!” Otto zooms uncomfortably close to the passengers and leers at them. “What took you so long? My warranty doesn’t last forever, you know!”

V.A.L. says, “Bzzt, time elapsed since initial message: ten minutes and forty-two seconds.”

“Exactly! That’s about ten minutes we could have saved if you all hadn’t been dilly-dallying!” Otto continues, “We at Sky Vista Cruises operate on a very strict schedule! And that is precisely why we brought you all here today!”

“So you called us all here just so you could complain about your scheduling problems?” Urumi asks.

“No! …Well, yes.” Otto replies, “The point is, our journey can’t continue with all eighteen of you. And our schedule called for someone to get murdered approximately…” Otto trails off, producing a watch from inside his chassis and looking at it. “…right now. And there are eighteen passengers in this room. Do the math.” Otto shakes around erratically. “Do you see the problem here?!”

“Indeed, I do.” James says, “Your game is shoddily run and horribly ineffective.”

“And that is quite excellent, I must say,” Irene says, “We may yet escape before a single incident occurs.”

“Bzzt, calculation,” V.A.L. says, “18 - 18 = 0. Zero passengers have been murdered.”

The room goes silent as everyone stares at V.A.L.

“I was only trying to help, bzzt.”

“Uhh… In any case, we’ll not stand for any more of this boring bon-amie!” Otto flies back over to the stack of tablets. “Allow me to show you.”

Otto passes around the tablets, and soon everyone has one. A few of them press what seems to be the power button, turning it on. The only thing that shows up is a large display in the center of the screen. “23:34”... and then “23:33”... and on down.”

“A c-countdown?” Abby says.

“But… a countdown to what?” Koichi asks.

“Try tapping the screen! That’ll give you a bit of a clue!” Otto explains.

The display changes to show 18 smaller screens, displayed in a six by three array. Tapping on the screens enlarges them. The passengers soon notice that they all seem to feature houses… A huge variety of them, in fact. One is an apartment above a convenience store called “Smiley’s”. Another building looks like it’s in a tropical setting, perhaps in the Caribbean. Others look like they’re showing parts of a mansion or a castle.

Inevitably, the students eyes widen in surprise as they pick out something from among the many screens… Their own place of residence.

Boetius voices everyone’s concerns. “Wh- What… You know where we live?

“Yep!” Otto replies, “Not only that, but we also planted a few bombs in those buildings. Remember those countdowns? Once they reach zero, we’ll blow a random one to smithereens!”

Within an instant, the room is filled with a cacophony of enraged or horrified shouts. However, all of the passengers’ enraged reactions are drowned out by the general outcry.

“Whoa, whoa! Calm down guys, it gets better! After one detonation, the countdown starts again… but this time, we’ll blow up two buildings! And that number gets multiplied by two each consecutive time the timer ends… which doesn’t work out evenly, unfortunately… so once two are left, we’ll just blow them up too.”

Kyle’s voice comes in through the bracelets. “Oh, uhh… In case you didn’t pick up on it… that puts the detonation at around eight AM tomorrow. The bad news about that… it’s pretty early, so anyone else who lives there… might still be hanging around. The good news is… that puts the detonation at around eight AM tomorrow. …Wait, what just happened?”

Catching on to the implications of Kyle’s poorly-organized comment, Bryan shouts, “Wh- What? You mean… you’re going to try to kill our families?! Y- You goddamned monsters!”

“Bzzt, calculation,” V.A.L. interjects once again, “18 - 2 = 16. Log2(16) = 4. After four days, all bombs will be detonated.”

“Four days?!” Florian shouts, “That’s barely any time!”

“H- Hold on,” Oscar says, “I- It’ll be fine! M- Maybe the houses will be empty when the bombs go off!”

“Well, you can take that gamble if you want…” Otto says, “But I wouldn’t bet on it. These things are pretty powerful, anyway! They’d have to be to do a decent amount of damage to something as big as a mansion, after all…”

“Wh-What are you getting at?” Abby asks.

“All I’m saying is…” Otto flies over to the pad Abby was looking at and taps one of the smaller screens, pulling up a feed showing an apartment in an urban environment, with numerous people walking or driving on the street below. “…it’s not just your friends you should be worrying about…”

The message is clear. If the bombs were really as powerful as Otto claimed they were, there was no telling how much damage one would do if it went off in a crowded place.

“N- No way! This is absolutely ridiculous!” Koichi shouts, “I bet they’re just making this up to make someone kill! There’s no way they’ve actually done this, right?”

“Well, you guys can believe that if you want…” Kyle adds, “You’ll find out for sure tomorrow morning, anyway… assuming nothing happens before then, at least.”

“In any case, that’s all for the meeting!” Otto chirps. “I hope you’re all looking forward to the next leg of your journey. Until then, farewell!” Otto flies out of an open window in the back of the ballroom and disappears.

"T-This is a predicament, indeed!" Koichi stammered nervously. "As I thought, the coordinators had something planned..."

Koichi clutched his chin with a trembling hand. "While I trust General Tachibana to take care of the situation, there's no telling...the amount of possible damage..."

"Alright, let's make sure to not lose our heads here." Jack suggested. "Maybe...look at the bright side?"

"Yeah!" Rinea chimes in. "I lived in a crappy apartment anyways, and everyone else in my building were as smart and entertaining as moss, so I've got nothing to lose!"

The Doots Ring Eternally Within My Mind

"I... I uh..."

Boetius looks around frantically.

"... It's a bluff, right? You guys don't believe it, do you?" there's clear uncertainty in his voice. He begins backing away from the group, placing his back against a wall. "You wouldn't kill someone over this, right?"

After a few seconds of staying silent, he takes off running towards the elevator.

"I'm going back to my room." he states uneasily as the elevator's doors shut.

JesusMonroe wrote:
"Alright, let's make sure to not lose our heads here." Jack suggested. "Maybe...look at the bright side?"

"As I analyze this situation, I cannot locate a 'bright side...'"

diddle my bumhole

Bryan bites his lip, nearly drawing blood due to how forceful his bite is. "S-So if one of us doesn't kill someone, one of our houses will blow up, and it keeps on going until none of them are left..."

He clenches his fists up, ready to punch a wall to alleviate his anger, his eyes getting slightly watery. "Goddammit! T-Those... Those monsters! Why are they doing this to us...?"

And now I am the dead

"Now what in tarnation could be the bright side here?!" Alex shouts. "Something's gonna get blown up! And by the sound of those bombs, it won't just be our families... Oh god, all those lives... I-I think I'm going to be sick..."

Shy guy

"That they could plant bombs here of all places..." Keri said softly, staring intently at her section on her screen. "I have underestimated the power of our captors." Like the time the killing game was first announced, she was strangely calm, yet simultaneously quietly freaking out at what she was seeing. "We... this... they cannot possibly be allowed to get away with detonating even a single one of these bombs. The loss of life from an unconstrained explosion, without proper planning to try and minimise casualties, can be devastating..."

KamiPanda wrote:
"That they could plant bombs here of all places..." Keri said softly, staring intently at her section on her screen. "I have underestimated the power of our captors." Like the time the killing game was first announced, she was strangely calm, yet simultaneously quietly freaking out at what she was seeing. "We... this... they cannot possibly be allowed to get away with detonating even a single one of these bombs. The loss of life from an unconstrained explosion, without proper planning to try and minimise casualties, can be devastating..."

"Sure, so how do we do anything about it?" Urumi hissed through ground teeth. "Either we take out whoever's running this sick game in 24 hours, or..."

"Thinking about this pragmatically...it's better for us to follow James' plan than to let one of those bombs go off." He shuffled his feet. "Not to say I agree with it, just throwing it out there...uhh I need some time to think."

"Yeah definitely need time to think." Jack stated again for some reason.

Shy guy

"I do not believe James to be the best choice for a killer, but, should the need arise... I do not mind dying if we cannot find another solution before the 24 hours are up." Keri declared quietly. "I do not wish to play our captors' game but neither can I let this loss of life happen. My residence that they have targeted is also the base of operations for my organisation. Should I perish they will remain and can carry on my legacy, and I am at peace with that."

"Bzzt, our current predicament can be likened to the trolley problem, bzzt," V.A.L. said. "A trolley is moving down a track that splits in two. On the main track are five people. On the second track, bzzt, is one person. If you do nothing, the five people will be killed. However, if you pull a lever and divert the train, it will kill the single person on the second track, bzzt."

"Bzzt, logic dictates we kill one person to save the rest. However, human ethics and emotions dictates finding another solution, bzzt."

Raul clenched his fist after hearing the announcement, not quite freaking out but obviously not being calm anymore. "Hijo de... How could you do something like this?! You...you have to have help from them, right? Who else would be willing to put all those lives at risk, just for... "

He took a deep breath to calm himself down.

"Ok, not all hope is lost yet. We just need to figure out who is running this, right? If it's really one of us, then we just have to find them and the game has to stop after that, right? We can do that, can't we?!" He said to the others, practically pleading.

SiRReN wrote:
"Bzzt, our current predicament can be likened to the trolley problem, bzzt," V.A.L. said. "A trolley is moving down a track that splits in two. On the main track are five people. On the second track, bzzt, is one person. If you do nothing, the five people will be killed. However, if you pull a lever and divert the train, it will kill the single person on the second track, bzzt."

"Bzzt, logic dictates we kill one person to save the rest. However, human ethics and emotions dictates finding another solution, bzzt."

"Oh yeah! There's a variation too, where the trolley is heading towards a group of people and the only way to stop it is to push a fat person in front of the train. For some reason more people prefer that solution than switching the track to kill the one guy..." Jack's eyes dart towards Jerry.

"Logical conclusion, Jack! Well done!"

V.A.L. beeped worriedly, eyes flashing with distress as it shook it's head. "Bzzt, I do not think we should kill anyone, bzzt."

[put something witty here]

"This is... well... situation has changed dramatically. Hoo boy..." Oscar groans, running a shaky hand through his hair. "If we're going to talk strategy, guess now's as good as any time to do it. Trolleys or no, can we at least agree to save this murder talk as a last resort?"

"Don't be idiots. Even if James were to kill someone, and Keri would be okay with being the victim, we still need everyone to agree to not vote for James. And even then, we've got know way of knowing who else would die to make it happen! Do you really think everyone will be okay with putting their own lives at risk, just so that mouthbreathing director can escape?" Rinea tilts her head as she asks the question to everyone in the room.

"There's no way I'm going to risk my own life just to let some scumbag escape and forget all about rescuing us."

Cesar Zero wrote:
"Ok, not all hope is lost yet. We just need to figure out who is running this, right? If it's really one of us, then we just have to find them and the game has to stop after that, right? We can do that, can't we?!" He said to the others, practically pleading.

"Well, it's not me!" Urumi shouted helpfully. "So that's one suspect down!"

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
Cesar Zero wrote:

"Well, it's not me!" Urumi shouted helpfully. "So that's one suspect down!"

"Very good. Now, would the rest of the innocents please move to the back of the room?"

Rinea skips over to the back of the room at Koichi's command.

Shy guy

Kachu wrote:
"Don't be idiots. Even if James were to kill someone, and Keri would be okay with being the victim, we still need everyone to agree to not vote for James. And even then, we've got know way of knowing who else would die to make it happen! Do you really think everyone will be okay with putting their own lives at risk, just so that mouthbreathing director can escape?" Rinea tilts her head as she asks the question to everyone in the room.

"There's no way I'm going to risk my own life just to let some scumbag escape and forget all about rescuing us."

"Someone trustworthy would have to be the culprit." Keri agreed. "It would be our last resort in any case, I truly do not wish for this to come to pass, for the killer's hands would remain forever bloodied... However the alternative is unacceptable. I would sooner force someone's hand to strike me down than allow so many lives to be lost." She said darkly, staring at the other players. "It is a matter of practicality over idealism."

At Koichi's command, she turned to walk silently over to the indicated area.

And now I am the dead

"It ain't me." Alex says, as she heads to the back of the room.

diddle my bumhole

With nary a word, Bryan steps to the back of a room at Koichi's order, still shocked at the turn of events that just occurred.

[put something witty here]

"What's this supposed to prove? Nobody would freely admit to being the mastermind. If we're going to take action, playing 'not it' won't get us any closer to solving this mess!"

Despite his protests, Oscar still politely moves to the back of the room as commanded.

Raul doesn't question the logic and just quickly moves to the back of the room.

Jack had stopped paying attention, so he missed Koichi's order. In fact while pacing he actually ended up stepping forward a bit.

"Well I can't believe I gotta be the one to say this, but the trolley dilemma is only applicable if you're assuming every human life is equal. And they're not. I know I'd put my life over all of you. And everybody outside this blimp is kind of...ancillary. So the best course of action is to do nothing, I think."

[>.>]

Truly unfortunate.

Irene's smile fades into a frown after the announcement. Despite that, she seems to retain her calm.

She quietly moves to the back of the room as Koichi ordered. "I do not think it is just to stay and watch, however I... cannot come up with a better solution, sadly..."

V.A.L. rolls over to join the others at the back. "Bzzt, perhaps it would be wise to investigate the locked area at the back of the blimp, bzzt?"
Page 11 of 115 [ 4571 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 115  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus