Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 5 of 18[ 718 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next

Re: Parental Responses to PWTopic%20Title

pal!

xfma_addictx wrote:

My parents don't really... care, I guess. They love me, but they know that the game isn't rated M and so therefore I can play it.

I always talk to my Dad about the DS though and all it's technology. XDD

Second
Son of Gordon Frohman and Tifa grandson of VioletBlu and PhoenixAshes.

(ace attorney gremlin mode activated)

Mii wrote:
xfma_addictx wrote:

My parents don't really... care, I guess. They love me, but they know that the game isn't rated M and so therefore I can play it.

I always talk to my Dad about the DS though and all it's technology. XDD

Second

Duhh, you're my brother >_>

I've gotta teach you how to use the internet :payne:
My (not spoiler-free) Ace Attorney doodle blog

Destination: anywhere but here.

火曜日 wrote:
That's great...well, I know my parents just don't want me "waste" any time on playing games ("You can be better, right? So focus on yours study."). I know it's impossible to buy a DS ( I don't have pocket money, if I wanna buy something, I have to make a report of what it is and how much it costs, and then they will decide if I can get the money) so I didn't even raise it to any of them.

I don't like this kind of life though... I'd love to share my happiness with my parents but there is something between us that neither of us can overcome.

However, I successfully convinced quite a few friends (we connect to each other by internet) to play PW. PW is really popular in China that almost every student has heard it more or less so they are easy to get convinced. XD Actually I was really surprised to find that many of my friends are PW fans... it's just great that now we have a new topic to discuss about.

Well, I'm glad that you can find something that makes you happy like PW. I've heard about China and how strict it is there. No offense to China at all; I'm sure that the people there are just doing what they think is best. But it's kewl to meet (Well, we're not really meeting) someone from China.

And I totally understand when you say there's something between you and your parents that you can't overcome. I... Have a lot of things that seperate me from my parents. I just happen to know what most of them are. But y'all don't need to hear me go all emo on you, so I'll restrain myself.

操纵距离程度的能力

Thank you~yeah, I'm lucky that I can always have something for fun, thanks to my friends^-^
Well...In China,let's say,you swim or sink.No choice, that's all.So I'm not blaming on my parents but feeling sad that we have never known each other very well. :sadshoe:

Now I get an idea, maybe I should try to do something to change that. I will tell my parents about PW when I go back to visit them in April. Wait for my reply~ :godot:
You can call me whatever you want:3

Man of Mystery

I've mentioned the game on the occasional trip back home, and my folks are somewhat interested in the idea... this might have something to do with my having couched it as "Perry Mason, but a video game." :will:
The courtroom is a crucible.
In it, we burn away deceptions and irrelevancies
until we are left with a pure, perfect product:
the Truth, for all time.

- Captain Picard (slightly paraphrased)

LOLWHUT.

I got my friend giggling over the games too.

We discuss facts like:
Miles Edgeworth = fine wine
Klavier Gavin = vodka

SUCCESS.
"Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers." - Stephen Fry.

King of Braves

Me: *Playing game* "Objection!"
Dad: "OBJECTION! TAKE IT! HOLD THAT!"
Me: *Groans and moves to another room*

Yeah, generally my parents are indifferent to my obsession with it. They know how I get. They do, however, enjoy poking fun at my seemingly random outbursts at my DS. Generally, they're not gamers, though I have gotten my mom and sister hooked on We <3 Katamari, and pretty much everyone in the family uses the Wii (Or used to, anyway. It seems that ever since I picked up Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, I've been the primary user). If they gave it a chance, I think I could get them to see the light.

I have one friend, Michael, who I let borrow the first game. I don't think he ever finished it, and he's in basic training for the Army Reserves right now, so I doubt he'll be getting the chance anytime soon. However, when he did play it, he apparently liked it. My other friend, Sushi, hasn't played the games, but has recently expressed mild interest in them. I think I could convert them. I managed it with Metal Gear Solid somehow.

some sort of diabolical mastermind

Hmm... my parents aren't generally interested. My brother has played it, likes it but isn't really into it. People from school, however, refuse to believe that it is a good game, which sparks conversations like this:
Quote:
Person A: Why would you want to play a lawyer game?
Me: You obviously have no clue what the actual game is.
Person A: But it sucks!
Me: Have you played the game? No, so shut the fuck up and stop spouting bullshit about a game you've never played.

That man later became Cooper Lawrence :godot: .

PCHOOO

LordQuadros wrote:
Me: *Groans and moves to another room*

That sounds EXACTLY like something my dad would say! He always tends to get things like that mixed up.

Also, I posted a while back that I'd try to get my parents to play PW. Unfortunately... I have failed. My mom cites business (which is probably true) and my dad claims he can't read the text on the DS screen (which could be true I guess...). Oh well...

On the bright side, my dad has recently become very interested in Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. (Not in playing it of course... he doesn't have 60 hours of time or the patience) I've told him the entire story and he's even enjoyed watching me play it. There is still hope!

AreYouInsane.NET

LordQuadros wrote:

i'm sorry, but thats both hilarious and awesome. next time u see ur dad, tell him some random poster on the internet says he's awesome with a capital W.
AreYouInsane.NET

Stalker Horse?!

My parents don't really care. My Mum has a DS herself, so if she was about to say anything about me playing a game on a handheld she also has... :p
My dad's okay with me and video games, so PW isn't any different.

I wanna study YOUR beauty

This topic is epic.

I actually told my dad he should play it. But he gives me the look when he hears "OBJECTION!" or "HOLD IT!" every two seconds from the DS.

Nothing too epic yet because I havent actually made them play it.

Aw the Beatles were so innocent!

They've never noticed me yelling at my DS. Probably because I always play it in my bedroom with the door shut so that the sound won't bother us all so much. My mom has noticed me saying things to the DS when I used to play Nintendogs.
Image Image Lovely Rita

My parents are okay with it, they just think it's weird when I start to yell 'OBJECTION!' at random points throughout the day.

I may or may not be here.

I never used the mic for PW. It never would take my voice until like 50 tries.
ImageImage

Donald Serrot wrote:
I never used the mic for PW. It never would take my voice until like 50 tries.

Wow, Phoenix Wright is the only game where it actually accepts my voice easily.
Image Image Lovely Rita

PCHOOO

I use my mic for every Objection and Take That so my family is quite used to it by now. I rarely do it for Hold It however, because I always press every statement, so that would take too long.

I wanna study YOUR beauty

I don't use the mic, the defaults give the characters saying them well... character. XD

you never know till you try, pal!

My dad is the one who talked me into buying the first game to begin with. After I finished playing it, I told him he had to play it for himself...
Now we're both hooked.

My mom doesn't get it. :udgy:

"Battle is my forte!"

My mom is interested in it, cause she's a lawyer herself, but she hasn't played it yet.

I made my dad play 1-1 the other day and halfway through Mia's whole BELIEVE IN YOUR CLIENT PHOENIXX~! speal he was like: ...Does this ever end? XD It was funny. Then he saw me playing 1-5 later and said it was a game you had to think a lot about. I was like: ...yes. Yes it is.

I don't use the mic hardly ever cause it always takes a few tries to pick up my voice and I feel kind of ridiculous. XD [only a little bit though]

I will get my mom to play it...one day. XD

Ha ha when nobody's home I like to scream "OBJECTION!" at the top of my lungs or in a crazy growled voice.
Image Image Lovely Rita

操纵距离程度的能力

I don't really dare to yell at home,my home stay parents are old people and I don't want them get heart attack...=_=

火曜日 wrote:
I don't really dare to yell at home,my home stay parents are old people and I don't want them get heart attack...=_=

Yeah, I never really yell like that when people are actually at home. :D
Image Image Lovely Rita

Objection!

Maori.san wrote:
My parents are okay with it, they just think it's weird when I start to yell 'OBJECTION!' at random points throughout the day.

lol same! i always yell objection, even really late at night. its my favorite one out of the three statements. now my whole family yells objection to me randomly, even when im not playing. :larry2:

Bitch Attorney

My mom played the first half of the first game and loudly proclaimed that it was confusing and Defense Attorney's suck and you should be able to play the prosecutor because they ‘have the right idea.’.

Then my Dad saw Edgeworth and said he could ‘totally beat him up.’
Fabulous Hat is Fabulous

Teh insane Arteest

I've used PW as a topic for discussion for various philosophical questions, like with case 3-5. My mom really enjoys that kind of thing. She's glad then that I'm not wasting my time with a worthless game and that it actually makes me think, so it's good for my head. Or something.

I do know she's very amused by all my obsessions. XD
ImageImage

One K, one R, two V's. Gawd.

Mom- Hey, did you put your homework in your bag?
Me- No.
Mom- Hunh?
Me- I ate it. It was kinda big, so I had to chew it into little pieces first, but yeah...
Brother- *roflolcopter*
ImageImageImageImage
Married to Don- Mom to Obby, Wassa, Gavinner, and someone whose name starts with a C... :P
Comics Updated August 13th

Teh insane Arteest

Sklarvv wrote:
Mom- Hey, did you put your homework in your bag?
Me- No.
Mom- Hunh?
Me- I ate it. It was kinda big, so I had to chew it into little pieces first, but yeah...
Brother- *roflolcopter*

XDDDDDDDDDD
ImageImage

XD

"roflolcopter" has become my new favorite acronym. :D

Dark Magician

My parents have absolutely no idea what kinds of games I'm playing and I think they wouldn't be interested in them, so I don't talk about the games at home :payne: My brother isn't interested in them as well, although he told me once, that there is a guy in his class who is an obsessed PW-freak (this guy actually yelled "Objection!" during English class and then he used the Chewbacca-defense-line to make his point clear. The teacher was like WTF!?!)

I myself made quite recently a presentation for English class: "The Ace Attorney Series". I used a laptop and a beamer and it consisted of a main powerpointpres (including Screenshots from different sources and Objection voice clips) and some music in the background. At the end of my presentation I showed two videos: The first was from gametrailers and included the psyche-lock breaking of Mia in 2-2, the other one was about the second cross-examination of Dahlia in 3-1.
Spoiler: 3-1
When :chinami: appeared and started talking, I pointed at her and said "I hate that bitch so much!" oh my gawd, the class had a ball during that lesson xD My teacher lold about the butterflies and Dahlia
I was so afraid that my presentation would be a total desaster, but I was wrong :gant: I got an A!! 8D

Last edited by Zante on Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zante, i am jealous of you. I wish my class was that cool.

What was the presentation supposed to be about? :)

Dark Magician

Well, usually each week one of the students has to make a presentation about the news (you know, war and devastation all over the world - pretty depressing), but I talked with him two months ago and asked him, if I could make one about a video games series. He said that the presentations are just oral trainings for us and we should talk about what we're interested in. So I had free choice! And naturally I picked Ace Attorney 8D

The candle has spoken!

Oh man, you are so lucky...

My parents, well... Hmm. It's kind of hard to tell where they stand. I think my mom would enjoy it, if video games weren't the bane of her existence (she's been better about that recently, though. :D), because she likes the mystery genre a lot. Haven't worked up the nerve to bring it up yet, though, cause I'm kinda afraid of her being all "Oh is that another stupid game?" Don't know if there'd be any return from that with her. :yuusaku:

Whenever anyone brings it up around my dad this is what happens:

"So anyway blahblahlawyersblahblahobjectingblahblahEdgeworthblahblahblah"
"WHAT IS THE TITLE OF YOUR PERSONAGELOLOLOL :redd: "

That, of course, is a big exaggeration, but still. He says that every time. I don't even think he likes the game all that much, but he loves that line. Ah, well. Could be worse, I guess. :nick:
Sig made by the wonderful Trabztress!

My friends who know very little about the games helped me with 3-1, telling me to present the evidence on Dahlia's "I didn't hear any noise" rather than "I didn't see Feenie push Dougie". (Stupid finding contradictions in statements after you clarify things with a dug up statement...) After that I blazed through it, and they got to see the burning butterflies :D

And they kept calling it afterwards 'The Case of the Electrified Man'. XD

操纵距离程度的能力

Zilvyc wrote:
Oh man, you are so lucky...

My parents, well... Hmm. It's kind of hard to tell where they stand. I think my mom would enjoy it, if video games weren't the bane of her existence (she's been better about that recently, though. :D), because she likes the mystery genre a lot. Haven't worked up the nerve to bring it up yet, though, cause I'm kinda afraid of her being all "Oh is that another stupid game?" Don't know if there'd be any return from that with her. :yuusaku:

Whenever anyone brings it up around my dad this is what happens:

"So anyway blahblahlawyersblahblahobjectingblahblahEdgeworthblahblahblah"
"WHAT IS THE TITLE OF YOUR PERSONAGELOLOLOL :redd: "

That, of course, is a big exaggeration, but still. He says that every time. I don't even think he likes the game all that much, but he loves that line. Ah, well. Could be worse, I guess. :nick:

Oh poor girl...my dad always do that, too. Of course, the long complainning will be up to an end of my bust out and going back to my homework Image

"Allakazooooomg!"

Location: Stalking Valant and learning the ways of his magicz!!

OMG!!! My mom....after she heard about the game a lot from a certain someone *COUGH...Rhia....COUGH* then she bought all three for me. And the next thing I knew was she also wanted to play it!! My reaction: ".................Okay" ^_^

So yeah...and my step-dad could care less (maybe more than he does now) for video games...so....yeah.

:udgy:

Cat wrote:
OMG!!! My mom....after she heard about the game a lot from a certain someone *COUGH...Rhia....COUGH* then she bought all three for me. And the next thing I knew was she also wanted to play it!! My reaction: ".................Okay" ^_^

So yeah...and my step-dad could care less (maybe more than he does now) for video games...so....yeah.

:udgy:

Haha. My Mother only plays really simple puzzle games such as Tetris, Dr. Mario, Bejeweled. :meekins:
Image Image Lovely Rita

Moi kid won't play it....

*points at pet*

roflmaocopter~

:keylady: Hmmmm... whatever, it is time to fly return~ :edgy:

(7o_o)7 Sprite Arts Game char Deja-vus? Chores AA char in 3D! Ryu CR!

People should live freely without constraints.
That's how life should be! -
Richard Wellington

OHEMJEEE.

My dad saw me making two pairs of 3-D goggles into a Godot visor.

:juan: (Him) Um... What are you doing...?

:uramidn: (Me) It's a long story.

:juan: Lemme guess. Godot vision?

:uramidn: (sigh) Yeah...

:juan: Does he have laser vision?

:uramidn: Um, no...

:juan: Can he see through walls? Infra-red? X-Rays?

:uramidn: ...Um, no, he can just see normally... People say he has a toaster on his face.

:juan: He can see toasters really well? That's a funny idea. (laughs at own joke)

:uramidn: ...
Pairings: Miego, FeenRis, EdgeyFran, KlavEma, CloTi, Zerith, Vincrecia.
Just a note, all: I haven't been on in a while, so I'm trying to get my little persona here back in order. I won't be on as much in the future, maybe a few times a week. Sorry!

In justice we trust!

My parents aren't really interested in games. Well, my dad is kinda interested, but I don't really think that he'd like PW. I haven't really tried convincing them to play PW, because they're always busy and they don't have the time to play. They don't know much about what I like at all. :sadshoe:
Click on Kamila to go to my Sprite Thread!
Page 5 of 18 [ 718 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next

Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby