Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Page 4 of 60[ 2369 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 60  Next
 


Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Live life to the full

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:52 pm

Posts: 184

Mikker wrote:
Ryuko wrote:
I'd say that's more of a script typo than a misspelling.

Name: A man shot in the heart screams?
Type of cough-up: Alternate solution
Location: AA, Case 4, Edgeworth's confession-End of trial.
Description: Bullets in the heart wouldn't leave enough strength for Gregory to scream very loudly even if he didn't die instantly. But I imagine that he did.

(present DL-6 report)
OBJECT! Miles Edgeworth, what you've said contradicts the evidence.
Von Karma Again with the file? On what page does the contradiction lie?
Phoenix Try the 'Victim Data Page' Gregory Edgeworth was shot once through the heart. Death would be pretty instant don't you think?
Edgeworth What is it that you're trying to say Wright?
OBJECT! There was a second bullet, and it hit someone else in a non-vital area! That person was the one who screamed!


Once again, you only have the defendents word for it being correct. If Yanni Yogi agrees that he heard this too, then it passes as evidence: but he doesn't. Edgey could just as well have lied about it.


Objection

At this point Yogi had been put under arrest for the murder of Richard Hammond and taken away. He wasn't in the courtroom!

Anyway, I thought about it and here's an edited version.

Phoenix Please read the 'Victim Data', there are two things that come to mind, one, the murder weapon was fired twice, two, Gregory Edgeworth was shot in the heart. Bullets tend to kill pretty quickly, if not near instantly, when they hit a vital organ. Since the victim was shot in the heart he didn't have the strength to scream if he didn't die instantly.
:udgy: Mr Wright, if the scream wasn't from the victim, then who was it/
OBJECT! Who else? The murderer! The true murderer of DL-6 was shot in a non-vital area when the gun discharged!
Thus the scenario Phoenix suggest in the game begins.
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Struck by a blunt objection

Gender: Male

Location: Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm

Posts: 1472

Ryuko wrote:
Mikker wrote:
Ryuko wrote:
I'd say that's more of a script typo than a misspelling.

Name: A man shot in the heart screams?
Type of cough-up: Alternate solution
Location: AA, Case 4, Edgeworth's confession-End of trial.
Description: Bullets in the heart wouldn't leave enough strength for Gregory to scream very loudly even if he didn't die instantly. But I imagine that he did.

(present DL-6 report)
OBJECT! Miles Edgeworth, what you've said contradicts the evidence.
Von Karma Again with the file? On what page does the contradiction lie?
Phoenix Try the 'Victim Data Page' Gregory Edgeworth was shot once through the heart. Death would be pretty instant don't you think?
Edgeworth What is it that you're trying to say Wright?
OBJECT! There was a second bullet, and it hit someone else in a non-vital area! That person was the one who screamed!


Once again, you only have the defendents word for it being correct. If Yanni Yogi agrees that he heard this too, then it passes as evidence: but he doesn't. Edgey could just as well have lied about it.


Objection

At this point Yogi had been put under arrest for the murder of Richard Hammond and taken away. He wasn't in the courtroom!

Anyway, I thought about it and here's an edited version.

Phoenix Please read the 'Victim Data', there are two things that come to mind, one, the murder weapon was fired twice, two, Gregory Edgeworth was shot in the heart. Bullets tend to kill pretty quickly, if not near instantly, when they hit a vital organ. Since the victim was shot in the heart he didn't have the strength to scream if he didn't die instantly.
:udgy: Mr Wright, if the scream wasn't from the victim, then who was it/
OBJECT! Who else? The murderer! The true murderer of DL-6 was shot in a non-vital area when the gun discharged!
Thus the scenario Phoenix suggest in the game begins.


Objection

Von Karma : Mr. Wright, why are you inisting someone was.... screaming?

Nick : What.... what are you...

Edgeworth : ....!

Von Karma : Remember Edgeworth is a public prosecutor.

Von Karma : He would know how to mingle his way out of this.

Von Karma : There was no scream. The defendant is lying!

:udgy: : I.... I see!

Edgeworth : Great job, Wright! You just made it look like I was lying!

Ack : But! Me. Contrediction. ME GOOD BOY!

:udgy: : ...I think I'll just have to declare a verdict right now.
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Mighty Pirate, really!

Gender: None specified

Location: Insert Funny Location Here, Am Busy

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:30 am

Posts: 336

I still think the major problem with 1-4 is:

Phoenix - "The murderer could have taken the bullet from the crime scene!"

Von Karma - "Impossible! Then the murderer would have taken the bullet from Gregory Edgeworth!"

!!!

Ack - "..."

Wacky Edgy - "..."

Maya Shock - "..."

:udgy: - "..."

OBJECT! - "What kind of #*%#(*^ sicko are you, von Karma? Are you suggesting the killer would be digging into a dead man's body to retrieve a bullet?"
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Science: It's cuter than ever

Gender: Female

Location: Michigan

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:25 am

Posts: 999

Magmar's Fury wrote:
I still think the major problem with 1-4 is:

Phoenix - "The murderer could have taken the bullet from the crime scene!"

Von Karma - "Impossible! Then the murderer would have taken the bullet from Gregory Edgeworth!"

!!!

Ack - "..."

Wacky Edgy - "..."

Maya Shock - "..."

:udgy: - "..."

OBJECT! - "What kind of #*%#(*^ sicko are you, von Karma? Are you suggesting the killer would be digging into a dead man's body to retrieve a bullet?"


Edit: Wait, I misread that. Ignore this.
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:17 pm

Posts: 185

I found another one!

name: whoops!
type: spelling
location:2-4
description: might be a spoiler so:

Spoiler:
When you are explaining that engarde couldnt have done it, you say the murderer planted the button on engarde. then the judge says: "And... The real Murder is...?"
It should be murderer not murder!

Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Lady Luckless

Gender: Female

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:39 pm

Posts: 194

Name: Luminol is overpriced...
Type of cough-up: Inconsistency
Location: Rise from the Ashes, Gant's Office
Description: This one had me cocking an eyebrow. I redid Rise from the Ashes the other day out of sheer boredom and...
Spoiler: Case 1-5
Something struck me as odd. Unless I'm recalling the case incorrectly, the real murderer of Neil Marshall was Damon Gant, who impaled him on his own suit of armor. Why, then, does the armor fail to react when sprayed with Luminol? It couldn't have been due to age, as the blood was found over by Lana's desk. Could it be the metallic material somehow affected the blood's longevity?

"Show me an innocent... I'll show you a fairy tale."
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Official Chinami Fan

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:33 pm

Posts: 197

Well, it WAS the main murder weapon. It's obvious that over the years Gant has been polishing it over...and over...and over again.

Not only has it rid it of most (if not all) blood, it has given it a delightfully glossy finish.
Props to Clicky for the avatar! =3
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Science: It's cuter than ever

Gender: Female

Location: Michigan

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:25 am

Posts: 999

Gant's careful. He probably had that section of his office replaced, or at least VERY carefully washed if replacement wasn't possible. Remember, the blood on Lana's side was very dim after two years, and he wouldn't have tried to clean that side up well, so it's no surprise that his own side was blood-free.
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Live life to the full

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:52 pm

Posts: 184

Mikker wrote:
Ryuko wrote:
Mikker wrote:
Once again, you only have the defendents word for it being correct. If Yanni Yogi agrees that he heard this too, then it passes as evidence: but he doesn't. Edgey could just as well have lied about it.


Objection

At this point Yogi had been put under arrest for the murder of Richard Hammond and taken away. He wasn't in the courtroom!

Anyway, I thought about it and here's an edited version.

Phoenix Please read the 'Victim Data', there are two things that come to mind, one, the murder weapon was fired twice, two, Gregory Edgeworth was shot in the heart. Bullets tend to kill pretty quickly, if not near instantly, when they hit a vital organ. Since the victim was shot in the heart he didn't have the strength to scream if he didn't die instantly.
:udgy: Mr Wright, if the scream wasn't from the victim, then who was it/
OBJECT! Who else? The murderer! The true murderer of DL-6 was shot in a non-vital area when the gun discharged!
Thus the scenario Phoenix suggest in the game begins.


Objection

Von Karma : Mr. Wright, why are you inisting someone was.... screaming?


OBJECT! Do you have selective hearing!? Are you so desperate for a perfect record you'd trick the judge into overlooking a point in the defendant's own testimony!? Or maybe I should mention the 'flaw' caused by the victim himself!?

Von Karma You wouldn't!

:udgy: What's going on here?

OBJECT! Von Karma was present that day, in a trial, he won, but was accused of falsifying evidence, the accusation stood, and Manfred Von Karma was penalised for it! He was present at the courthouse on the day of the crime, and he has a clear motive!

Objection

Von Karma Phoenix Wright, why would I murder over a mere penalty? Do you have any proof that I did it?

Nick Sweat "Dammit! He's right!"

Von Karma Tsk Tsk Tsk, so sorry Mr Wright.

Maya Fey Hey Nick, I just remembered something Mr Grossberg mentioned.
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Live life to the full

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:52 pm

Posts: 184

Name: Phone call to Precinct
Type of cough-up: forgotten evidence
Location: Turnabout Sisters day 2- Trial, Gumshoe's testimony
Description: To serve as evidence if necessary, all 911 (Or, as it is in England, 999) calls are recorded, including the time at which they were recorded, that would have been a contradiction with the time of death.

Detective Gumshoe Hey pal, don't play dumb, you know who, the call came from a customer at the Gatewater Hotel next to the crime scene.
Phoenix And what time was this call?
Objection
Edgeworth Mr Wright, how would Detective Gumshoe know this.
Phoenix All emergency calls are recorded in case they are proven fake and used as evidence of course.
Detective Gumshoe Uh... let me see...

This is only an estimate, but on a September Night I imagine the body would've gone cold in about 10 minutes, so it was at least that.

OBJECT! So what was this so-called 'witness' doing at the time of the actual crime? I hardly call (insert time here) just having witnessed the event. But there's another contradiction here.
Wacky Edgy A-A-ANOTHER CONTRADICTION!!
OBJECT! Detective Gumshoe! You said you got there in time to prevent the murderer get away! Ten minutes is plenty of time to escape Fey & co. Law offices!

Name: Disappearing bandage
Type of cough-up: inconsistency
Location: Rise from the Ashes
Description: In the poses where Lana is smiling or when she is in desperation, the bandage on her right hand is missing.
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:17 pm

Posts: 185

Ryuko wrote:
Name: Disappearing bandage
Type of cough-up: inconsistency
Location: Rise from the Ashes
Description: In the poses where Lana is smiling or when she is in desperation, the bandage on her right hand is missing.



But isn't that because in the game, when she is in desperation you can't see her hand because of the witness stand...and when she is smiling, you don't see her hand at all. Eh?
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Struck by a blunt objection

Gender: Male

Location: Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm

Posts: 1472

name: Matt's phne
type: Plot inconsistancy
location:2-4
description: Matt is allowed to bring a phone in jail. Why is that? Maya wasn't allowed to get HER phone back after 1-2, and Phoenix has to lure it away from Suadeshoes. I know he's a movie star, but come on.
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Live life to the full

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:52 pm

Posts: 184

dansamol wrote:
Ryuko wrote:
Name: Disappearing bandage
Type of cough-up: inconsistency
Location: Rise from the Ashes
Description: In the poses where Lana is smiling or when she is in desperation, the bandage on her right hand is missing.



But isn't that because in the game, when she is in desperation you can't see her hand because of the witness stand...and when she is smiling, you don't see her hand at all. Eh?

When she's biting her thumb is when it's clearest, but if you look at the sprite rips and even on the official art it's gone.

Mikker: Then again, Matt's phone isn't that obvious, I'm surprised he gets signal in jail though.
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Legal Aid

Gender: Female

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 6:35 am

Posts: 199

Miker it's clear that Matt is big movie star he could have just used his influence or bribed a guard
(I bet a least one would have taken bribe money.) If your not satisfied with that then when maybe they arrested Matt Engard they didn't find a phone on him after all it think it look like a wrist watch.

There was one detail in AA case 5 that bothered me.

Name: Murder weapon?
Cough up: The size and blood
Location: Day 2: Trial, Final Day-Trial Latter 2

Somewhere in the beginning of the statement about the murder weapon that "killed" Goodman they mention that knife was 12cm.
When they brought up Edgeworth's knife they said it was 10cm. Why couldn't you have a raised an objection about this? Doesn't this contridict the facts? To me it meant that the Edgeworth's knife couldn't have been the one used to kill Goodman and the "tip could have broken off" can't be used as a excuse because as you can clearly see in the court record Edgeworth's knife is still intact.

In the Final Day-Trial Latter 2 when Demon Gant "confessed" that he uses the SL9 evidence knife to kill Goodman if you examine the knife in some point in the game it mentions that there is only dried blood on the knife. If Gant used the weapon to kill Goodman wouldn't there have still been some of his blood on the knife? Would Demon have the time to wipe the knife clean and deal with mess left by the murder at the same time? I think not.

Another point I want to bring up along the topic is that Lana has to get rid of the SL-9 weapon to make it look like she did it and Goodman's blood would most certainly be on the knife, even if she wrapped it around her muffler there would still be trace evidence on the knife and the scarf.

Then again Gant was the one who personally brought the evidence to the court he could have had the time to wipe the SL9 knife clean.
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Live life to the full

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:52 pm

Posts: 184

Typically, the story follows this structure:

-The crime
-Primary investigation
-First Day of trial

I'd say the time difference was one and a half days, more than enough time for blood to dry out.
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Location: Eetin ur cookiez :B

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 8:43 pm

Posts: 556

I'm not sure if this is a cough-up but.....


Name: The Feys.
Type of cough-up: Their name.
Location: All Phoenix Wright games
Description: If Misty Fey married and had Mia and Maya, how is Mia and Maya called Mia Fey and Maya fey. Shouldn't they take the father's surname?
Image
Vicki made my sig~<3 Click sig to go to PW art thread!
My art blog ~ http://pheokirby.blogspot.com/
Wanna Brawl sometime? PM me for friend code~ :>
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Official Chinami Fan

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:33 pm

Posts: 197

Well, the women of the fey clan have more or less more power in the Kurain village, so it's very possible they either:

A) Kept their name.
or
B) The roles are switched (husbands gain the last name of their wives).
Props to Clicky for the avatar! =3
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:17 pm

Posts: 185

Ryuko wrote:
dansamol wrote:
Ryuko wrote:
Name: Disappearing bandage
Type of cough-up: inconsistency
Location: Rise from the Ashes
Description: In the poses where Lana is smiling or when she is in desperation, the bandage on her right hand is missing.



But isn't that because in the game, when she is in desperation you can't see her hand because of the witness stand...and when she is smiling, you don't see her hand at all. Eh?

When she's biting her thumb is when it's clearest, but if you look at the sprite rips and even on the official art it's gone.


Do you mean it's clearest that it is or isn't there? Because is you mean it's clear it isn't there, you are wrong. You CAN see it, but the way she has her hand makes it hard to see.
I see what you mean for the official art, though.
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:17 pm

Posts: 185

Flowery wrote:
SilverZephyr wrote:
When he first came into the studio, he went through the woods so he wouldn't get caught. But he got lost in the woods, so when he finally found his way out he wouldn't just go back the way he came. He was already by the studios so he just went through the camera on his way out. He was also very out of sorts because of what he'd witnessed, so he didn't care about getting caught at that point.


But remember, his picture was taken *before* Hammer's was. Therefore, if it was taken on his way out, it couldn't still be labeled #1 like it was.


He said he came in through the forest so Oldbag wouldn't catch him. Oldbag has her post at the gate, so he probably came in, got lost, came out near the security camera and either didn't notice it (Nick and Maya don't notice it straight away) or didn't care that it was there and passed through the gate and went to studio 2.

Hope it makes sense Larry
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: Finlalaland~

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:54 am

Posts: 1001

Name: Evidence locker sensitivity questioned XD
Type: Mistake?
Location: 1-5, Evidence Lockarz
Description: Goodman's locker was open with the help of a rubber glove being stuck in there. Well, rubber is thin material. But why wasn't Jake Marshall's locker open when the jacket was stuck inbetween?

... and out of bad memory, who stuck the rubber glove between the locker? Was it Goodman's glorious mistake or was it Gant?
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Live life to the full

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:52 pm

Posts: 184

Take that

Image Image

Please take a look at the position of the handles, as a typical door for a large container, it is in the middle of the side opposite the hinges. I imagine that the sensors in question are within the large square area surrounding the handle. As you can see, the fabric is poking out from the bottom end, so it's not cutting the power at all.

Having said that it's highly unlikely that the glove was accidentally placed, as gravity would make it fall to the bottom. Also, the fragments are still inside as well as the glove, Gant obviously needed a means to get the pieces later.

You need to bear in mind that a good insulator of any thickness is all that is needed to break a circuit. Latex is thin, but it's a good insulator.
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Mighty Pirate, really!

Gender: None specified

Location: Insert Funny Location Here, Am Busy

Rank: Medium-in-training

Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:30 am

Posts: 336

Here's one for Case 2-2 that I've been thinking of for some time, right after Phoenix summaries how he thinks the murder actually took place (which is how it did).

Spoiler: Case 2-2
:phoenix: - "... And that's how the murder actually happened."

Franziska - "It's too complex."

Judge - "Right, too complex! I'm going to throw it out despite how it fits all the evidence."

Ack - "B-But Your Honor! Wouldn't that give Ini Miney the benefit of the doubt?! If the plan was complex, it would be harder for someone to guess that she did it!"

Judge - "Hmmm..."

Franziska - "Well then, tell me, Mr. Phoenix Wright, why did Ini Miney wait for so long before murdering Dr. Grey?"

Phoenix - "Because she's not as stupid as she pretends to me!"

Ini Mimi - "Why you dirty stinking... errr, I mean... like, what?"

OBJECT! - "If Ini Miney murdered Dr. Grey the very first day she got out of the hospital, the hammer would come down on her like a ton of bricks! Murdering the man who was rumored to drug her sister, resulting in Mimi's death and Ini's severe injuries and facial reconstruction!"

Ini Mimi - "Oh, so you think I waited until 'the heat died down'? Is that it?"

OBJECT! - "To put it in your words, 'like, YES'! You waited until the media had long forgotten about Dr. Grey and your sister! You waited until there could be someone you could pin this murder on! And you formed a complex plan with Morgan Fey so that it would be even more difficult to link it to you!"

Franziska - "And why would Morgan Fey assist her? It's her home and reputation!"

OBJECT! - "Morgan Fey would do it for Pearls... errr, I mean Pearl, her prodigy daughter! In two years, the leadership of the house goes to Maya Fey. However, if she is jailed or executed for this crime, the only person left to inherit it all is... Pearl Fey, Morgan's daughter!!"

Ini Mimi - "But... I thought she was, like, your daughter, the way she was following you around!"

Franziska - "Wha... what kind of foolish fool would assist in a murdering for their daughter? You really think she'd risk that?"

Phoenix - "Morgan Fey has nothing to lose! She can never become the inheritor! Why do you think she came into court today instead of yesterday? Because the case against the defendant, and she needed to buttress the falling bridge of her plan!"

Franziska - "Ri... ridiculous!"

OBJECT! - "Your Honor, Ini Miney has proven to be a liar on the stand! Lotta Hart's photo shows someone else dressed up as Maya! All the evidence points to my theory! You cannot just dismiss all this and say Maya did it, soley on the purpose that Ini and Morgan's plan is 'too complex'!"


Sadly, they'd still force you to prove it. The trouble is, no matter how many times a witness lies or breaks down on the stand, their words are still taken to be more truthful than God Himself/Herself, even if evidence and simple logic would be enough to prove them wrong. *le sigh*
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Male

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:17 pm

Posts: 185

Flowery wrote:
dansamol wrote:
He said he came in through the forest so Oldbag wouldn't catch him. Oldbag has her post at the gate, so he probably came in, got lost, came out near the security camera and either didn't notice it (Nick and Maya don't notice it straight away) or didn't care that it was there and passed through the gate and went to studio 2.

Hope it makes sense Larry


Good points made! But there's a little more to it... he mentioned specifically where he came out of the woods in his testimony, and it wasn't by the gate with the security camera. Lemme do a little copypasta with the script, lol... and I'm gonna go ahead and smush all of Cody's lines into one to save some space. =p

(6)
-Phoenix: You got lost in the woods?

Cody: Yeah. I couldn't figure out which way I was walking. Man, was I relieved when I saw the blue studio doors. But guess what happened next! When I came out by the studio, there was the Steel Samurai! He was standing by the studio gate. It looked like he was thinking about something before going in. Then he opened up the gate and went inside.

Phoenix: I see. What then?

Cody: It totally rocked! Right before my eyes, out came the bad guy!


This shows that the first place he emerged from the woods was by the Studio 2 gate, and not anywhere else. Still very far away from the camera.

One could also try to say that it was the gate by the security camera he was talking about. But if that were the case, remember that he said Hammer *opened* the gate himself. As we know, he came later than Cody did, and that would therefore mean the gate was closed at the time that Cody arrived. Cody wouldn't have chosen to pass through there if that were the case. Why would he go out of his way and risk blowing his cover, only to open a closed gate that had the same path on the other side? He wouldn't have a need to, especially since he could just go right past it with no problems if he kept walking through the woods! :3


Hmm... Well, that's my theory gone. It's because I never pressed that statement, I always went to the contradiction. Odoroki
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Live life to the full

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:52 pm

Posts: 184

Name: 'I can't believe he's dead!'
Type of cough-up: Inconsistency
Location: Turnabout Goodbyes, Yogi's testimony, Day 2
Description: If he murdered someone in cold blood, as the court was suggesting, then why on earth would Edgeworth say 'I can't believe he's dead'
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Official Chinami Fan

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:33 pm

Posts: 197

Ryuko wrote:
Name: 'I can't believe he's dead!'
Type of cough-up: Inconsistency
Location: Turnabout Goodbyes, Yogi's testimony, Day 2
Description: If he murdered someone in cold blood, as the court was suggesting, then why on earth would Edgeworth say 'I can't believe he's dead'


When you become angry, you become a different person. It's all phsychological. Basically their theory was Edgeworth became riled enough to come into extreme actions, but his usual personality afterwards caused him to go into momentary shock.

Well, i'm not too good at explaining things, but i'm sure you get the point.
Props to Clicky for the avatar! =3
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Live life to the full

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:52 pm

Posts: 184

That's true, but that wouldn't justify the nature of this murder, the appearance was supposed to be the idea that the murder was pre-meditated, if it was that sort of scenario, it would've been off-the-bat, and last time I checked prosecutors don't need pistols.
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Science: It's cuter than ever

Gender: Female

Location: Michigan

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:25 am

Posts: 999

Well, but you can plan for a murder, carry it out the next day, and then have an initial "oh god I actually went through with it" reaction, especially when you're the type of person that Edgeworth is. It's not out of the question, though the phrasing is a bit odd.
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 9:57 pm

Posts: 37

Ok, this has been bothering me for a while now so I'll point it out.

Spoiler: 3rd game's last case
Name: Channeling Hairstyles
Type of cough-up: Inconsistency
Location: PW:TaT Case 5
Description: Whenever Maya or Pearl summon Mia, their hairstyles remain the same. However, in 3-5, when Elise and then Maya summon Dahlia/Chinami, their hairstyles change to Dahlia's!
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Official Chinami Fan

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:33 pm

Posts: 197

They don't exactly stay the same, their bangs are usually changed, and the fact that everyone she has summoned has had really long hair is stays in the ponytail.

Chinami on the other hand, her braids sort of count as her bangs, and her hair is considerably shorter than Maya's (dunno who Elise is).
Props to Clicky for the avatar! =3
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Live life to the full

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:52 pm

Posts: 184

Spoiler: Elise (minor)
Elise Tenryuusai is a traveling illustrator and the victim of the final case you play as Phoenix. Like Dr Grey, you get to meet her before her death (she and Larry were visiting Hazakurain at the same time)

Image

I won't reveal more than that though.
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Struck by a blunt objection

Gender: Male

Location: Denmark

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:12 pm

Posts: 1472

Name: The Thunker
Type of cough-up: Plot Hole
Location: AA, Case 1
Description: Okay, so Larry pulls up a The Thinker out of his pocket. Right after leaving the court-room.

I'm sorry, but how (and why!) on EARTH did he bring that with him?!
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Science: It's cuter than ever

Gender: Female

Location: Michigan

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:25 am

Posts: 999

Didn't you know? ALL courts let the defendant carry a copy of the murder weapon into the trial. Duh.
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Lady Luckless

Gender: Female

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:39 pm

Posts: 194

I'm probably just missing something, but when mulling over 2-2 I noticed a peculiar logical flaw:
Spoiler: 2-2, obviously.
At the beginning of the trial, one of the pieces of evidence condemning Maya was Dr. Grey's pistol. It bore her fingerprints. To my knowledge, two people fired that gun - Dr. Grey, when aiming for Mimi, and Mimi, when finishing off Dr. Grey. Why and how were Maya's fingerprints on that gun? At that time, Maya was stuffed away in the clothing box. And since the gun belonged to Dr. Grey and not the Feys, the fingerprints could not have been preserved from a previous use.

"Show me an innocent... I'll show you a fairy tale."
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

"Too Awesome to Die"

Gender: Male

Location: New Arcadia

Rank: Prosecutor

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:01 pm

Posts: 712

Nova wrote:
I'm probably just missing something, but when mulling over 2-2 I noticed a peculiar logical flaw:
Spoiler: 2-2, obviously.
At the beginning of the trial, one of the pieces of evidence condemning Maya was Dr. Grey's pistol. It bore her fingerprints. To my knowledge, two people fired that gun - Dr. Grey, when aiming for Mimi, and Mimi, when finishing off Dr. Grey. Why and how were Maya's fingerprints on that gun? At that time, Maya was stuffed away in the clothing box. And since the gun belonged to Dr. Grey and not the Feys, the fingerprints could not have been preserved from a previous use.

Ths one has already been pointed out I believe. After knocking out Maya and shooting Grey (whilst holding onto the gun with her sleeve) Mimi put the gun in Maya's hand in order to leave the fingerprints.
Child of Lida_Rose and Aliucon. Married to yuzikichan0! Father of Ha³ and Apollo72.
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Live life to the full

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:52 pm

Posts: 184

She must've done the same with Grey if she wiped it first, but otherwise, it makes perfect sense.
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Gender: None specified

Rank: Decisive Witness

Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 10:27 pm

Posts: 299

Is it just me, or in Case 5 of AA, when you examine Gumshoe's ID card, does it say 'sergeant' above his name instead of 'detective'?
Image
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Built For The Kill

Gender: Male

Location: Massachussetts

Rank: Ace Attorney

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:24 am

Posts: 1559

Phantom Phoenix wrote:
Is it just me, or in Case 5 of AA, when you examine Gumshoe's ID card, does it say 'sergeant' above his name instead of 'detective'?


"Sergeant" is also a specific police rank, whereas "detective" is a more general term for investigators.
Image
I do not tolerate bullies. Good day.
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

The Green Haired Man

Gender: Male

Location: HERE

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:36 am

Posts: 5

:edgy: This is my first post!

My big objection was that in the begining of case 5 of PW:AA the length of Edgey's Knife and the stab wound recorded in the victim's autopsy were very contrictory. I think the knife was 9 in. long and the wound was made by a knife 12 in. long.
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title
User avatar

Gender: Female

Location: England

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 9:57 pm

Posts: 37

The Emerald Wind wrote:
:edgy: This is my first post!

My big objection was that in the begining of case 5 of PW:AA the length of Edgey's Knife and the stab wound recorded in the victim's autopsy were very contrictory. I think the knife was 9 in. long and the wound was made by a knife 12 in. long.


That's because the wound was made with a DIFFERENT knife.
Re: Phoenix Wright Cough UpsTopic%20Title

Investigative Reporter

Gender: None specified

Location: There and back again

Rank: Suspect

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:15 pm

Posts: 43

Response to "Ghosts not accountable?" in 2-2

One thing I got from that case, even though it was never stated outright, was the impression that the mediums in the Fey clan have at least some form of control over the spirits they channel depending on how strong the spirit is. Maya was expected to control the spirit on account that she was going to be the next master, but she believed that she didn’t have enough training and that was got Dr. Grey killed. This could count as either Depraved Indifference (Recklessly creating a situation where there is a grave risk of death to a person) or Criminal Negligence (the failure to foresee and so allow otherwise avoidable dangers to manifest). In other words Maya was prosecuted because she wasn’t strong enough to control the spirit of Mimi but went ahead with the Channeling anyway. Hope this clears it up.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Image
Page 4 of 60 [ 2369 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 60  Next
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

 Board index » Phoenix Wright » Defendant's Lobby

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list
Powered by phpBB

phpBB SEO