Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Trip! Talk about stuff Boosted off of Cing's Hotel Dusk, AND Pirate Grandmas.
ashogo
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by ashogo »

payroo wrote:Hello, just finished this game 'bout a week ago. Love it to pieces, so I had to do some fanart.
Here ya go
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image

dude, I love the first one. The shadowy figures and the sunset are great.
super rough sketch, completely unoriginal:
Spoiler:
Image

his forehead kinda grew :eh?:
Zinle
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:05 pm
Custom Title: ...Hopefully someday... xD
Location: Suomi, Finland, Perkele!

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Zinle »

Naa...Forehead is good, but the head itself is kinda...short.
Anyone can explain this beeter?
Image
ImageImageImageImage
49thidentity
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:12 pm
Custom Title: PK Rockin'
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by 49thidentity »

Just beat Hotel Dusk, and I ended my longtime lurking to POST HERE. <3

Spoiler: terrible fanart
Image

I'M NOT SURE WHAT I WAS ON WHILE DRAWING THIS SECOND ONE. Just...go look up Heavenly Star on Youtube, and you'll get it...

I've completely blasphemed Kyle Hyde and I deserve to be hit on the head with a bottle of bourbon ;o;

Image
Image
Image
(previously Timcampy-chan; I...I forgot my password...)
Zinle
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:05 pm
Custom Title: ...Hopefully someday... xD
Location: Suomi, Finland, Perkele!

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Zinle »

Picture: Good
Idea: ...mommy...
Image
ImageImageImageImage
49thidentity
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:12 pm
Custom Title: PK Rockin'
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by 49thidentity »

The first one or the second one? XD
Image
Image
(previously Timcampy-chan; I...I forgot my password...)
Zinle
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3393
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:05 pm
Custom Title: ...Hopefully someday... xD
Location: Suomi, Finland, Perkele!

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Zinle »

No comments XD
Image
ImageImageImageImage
Barbossa
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 1:45 am
Custom Title: Room 299

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Barbossa »

I demand more hotel dusk fans. I bought this game a week ago, and I've only played up to where I got the bookmark for the writer... but i am already in love with it. deeply. also: needs more kyle in smily pose art.... that smirk is somehow mesmerizing when he nods o-o...
Brawldud
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:11 am
Custom Title: Shoulda been Brawldude, but was taken
Location: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Brawldud »

Wrestlemania wrote:And there's ALSO a Kyle Hyde trophy, which I will be attempting to aquire and post here.


And it's the only animated trophy!
Image
Click the sig to see my graphics topic!

My sig -is- original. Lots of people just make sigs similar to this one a lot.
Midnight Jasper
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: The Land of Layton

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Midnight Jasper »

I don't understand how this hasn't made it on here yet:
Spoiler:
Image

As well as all of those HD-style Phoenix Wright characters floating around dA.
This.
Spoiler: Big Wallpaper~
Image

I makez it. :phoenix:
Image
javiwepa
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by javiwepa »

file:///C:/Users/javi/Pictures/MP%20Navigator%20EX/2009_12_19/IMG.jpg

not so good at posting images. i couldnt put in the drawing so i put the link instead.
LyingColdly
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:21 am
Custom Title: Perfect whine record
Location: The Loser's Shack

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by LyingColdly »

javiwepa wrote:file:///C:/Users/javi/Pictures/MP%20Navigator%20EX/2009_12_19/IMG.jpg

not so good at posting images. i couldnt put in the drawing so i put the link instead.

:payne:
nacho
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:54 pm
Location: http://www.youtube.com/user/funkyfunfun

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by nacho »

javiwepa,

Something that's always worked for me is logging into Photobucket.com (completely free image uploading website), uploading the file from that address you got (which I assume came from a window), and copying that new link you get and pasting it here in a post.

It's pretty simple, even though I probably made it sound much worse :)

I can't wait to see the pic.
javiwepa
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by javiwepa »

thanks for the advice nacho. Image
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Wooster »

Bwhahaha! All of these were excellent. I can totally see Alan as a Pirate; the awkwardness of Melissa's mom meetup; and the coup de grace with Jeff's reunion. You my good pal. Are WIN.
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
nacho
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:54 pm
Location: http://www.youtube.com/user/funkyfunfun

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by nacho »

hahaha I got a kick out of that comic. It's pretty hilarious, and I think it should have been added as an alternate ending :P
NineIX
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:27 am
Custom Title: Artist
Location: France

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by NineIX »

Art Thread ? Why I haven't seen it earlier ?
*Get in*
New home. :shoe:

I loooooooooove Draw, so Hotel Dusk + Drawing = WIN for me !
I made too much sketches so... I'm just going to show 2 "Finished" drawings...

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9121/hotelduskkylehydebythei.jpg
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3097/mila2.png

I need to improve... Kyle don't look like Kyle (I should add a paperclip... :o) ) and Mila have a smile, an expression, too hard too catch. I wish I could draw her pretty smiling face with perfection. :/

GAH ONE DAY I WILL DRAW EPIC HOTEL DUSK FAN ARTS I SWEAR !
Image
Balrog
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3631
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:25 pm
Custom Title: Phff, You call this a Zombie apocalypse?
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Balrog »

The Art is good, but the colour throws off the Hotel Dusk feeling IMO.
Keep at it.
Image
Image
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.
NineIX
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:27 am
Custom Title: Artist
Location: France

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by NineIX »

Mmh colors huh ? :) Thanks for the Advice !
Image
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Wooster »

Balrog wrote:The Art is good, but the colour throws off the Hotel Dusk feeling IMO.
Keep at it.


Not necessarily. Hyde does appear in those colors in the water color art.
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Balrog
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3631
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:25 pm
Custom Title: Phff, You call this a Zombie apocalypse?
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Balrog »

Well, I said "IMO"
I'm sure there's others who disagree, I just think he looks better in black and white.
Image
Image
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.
cherii
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by cherii »

Wow, there are lots of pics that I haven't seen before. :) Thanks for making this thread. I have a few more (from Deviantart, probably) that haven't been posted. Sorry if a few of them have been posted already...I have really poor memory. Okay, I have a lot more than I expected...so I'm going to be using links for most of them. Everything's pretty safe, so don't worry about seeing anything you shouldn't be. :hotti:

NOTE: NONE OF THESE ARE MINE, NOR DO I CLAIM THEY ARE.

Kyle Hyde
http://img710.imageshack.us/i/kyle042vw9.png/
http://img710.imageshack.us/i/hotelduskbythengw.jpg/
http://img718.imageshack.us/i/hotelduskbycyntsu.jpg/
http://img718.imageshack.us/i/hotelduskkylehydebyeman.jpg/
http://img6.imageshack.us/i/hotelduskintroductionby.png/
http://img718.imageshack.us/i/hotelduskkylebyraidenok.jpg/
http://img687.imageshack.us/i/c44dd619f549ef36793e717.jpg/

Kyle and Bradley
http://img85.imageshack.us/i/hotelduskbyxreichix.jpg/

Mila
http://img718.imageshack.us/i/milahotelduskbyiori20xx.jpg/
http://img85.imageshack.us/i/milaunfinishedbyupontho.jpg/
http://img710.imageshack.us/i/milabysmallwood.jpg/
http://img193.imageshack.us/i/losthotelduskbyaniemae.jpg/
http://img710.imageshack.us/i/angelbypudaparty.jpg/
http://img718.imageshack.us/i/hotelduskroom215milabyy.jpg/

Kyle and Mila
http://img138.imageshack.us/i/72dpihotelduskfanartbyd.jpg/
http://img6.imageshack.us/i/hotelduskroom215bysaori.jpg/

Kyle and Melissa
http://img6.imageshack.us/i/hotelduskthebestduobyak.jpg/
http://img715.imageshack.us/i/hotelduskkyleandmelissa.jpg/

Comic Strips
http://img85.imageshack.us/i/hotelduskspoilersbysogg.png/
http://img6.imageshack.us/i/hoteldusknyoronbyj3prot.jpg/
http://img85.imageshack.us/i/extremehelenbysetzeri.jpg/
User avatar
shadowofedgeworth
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:03 am
Custom Title: Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by shadowofedgeworth »

Thanks so much for sharing these! :will:

My favorites were the first five Kyle Hyde ones, though I gotta say, I just can't see him as a smoker.

Wow, Mila is looking a little...suggestive in that fifth pic of her. :hotti:
Image
Totally not my sig...
User avatar
shadowofedgeworth
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 566
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:03 am
Custom Title: Real men are gray-haired in their 20s.

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by shadowofedgeworth »

Midnight Jasper wrote:I don't understand how this hasn't made it on here yet:
Spoiler:
Image

As well as all of those HD-style Phoenix Wright characters floating around dA.
This.
Spoiler: Big Wallpaper~
Image

I makez it. :phoenix:


Thanks so much for posting these, I've swiped BOTH of them to use for wallpapers. That second one in particular is awesome!
Image
Totally not my sig...
cherii
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by cherii »

No problem, shadowofedgeworth. This topic also drove me to find so many new artworks for Hotel Dusk, so I'm happy. :yogi: I found some more while looking for more recent deviantART artworks.

Spoiler: Hell of a lot of deviantART Hotel Dusk images
Kyle Hyde
http://nachansada.deviantart.com/art/So-noted-149380367
http://katerratheavatar.deviantart.com/art/Hyde-Sketch-151233379
http://universaltiger.deviantart.com/art/Kyle-Hyde-141408692
http://sylverkitsune.deviantart.com/art/Everyone-Hates-Clippit-139265294
http://greedofan.deviantart.com/art/Officer-Kyle-Hyde-136677339
http://sho-hyde.deviantart.com/art/Kyle-Hyde-136073516
http://sho-hyde.deviantart.com/art/Kyle-Hyde-2-136075126
http://meibiseiya.deviantart.com/art/I-get-a-little-hairy-133030826
http://rorii-tanu23ku.deviantart.com/art/detective-kyle-hyde-131681853
http://axel26.deviantart.com/art/Hyde-128222568
http://mazayka.deviantart.com/art/Happy-Birthday-Mr-Hyde-125380132
http://dj-rocken.deviantart.com/art/Kyle-Hide-117041456
http://susemi13.deviantart.com/art/Kyle-Hyde-113629472

Kyle Hyde & Bradley (not bl unless noted as such)
http://nathael.deviantart.com/art/Hyde-and-Bradley-151000482
http://trowicia.deviantart.com/art/Undercover-138462692 {bl}
http://xreichix.deviantart.com/art/Distance-113898722

Mila Evans
http://mithrilundomiel.deviantart.com/art/Mila-Evans-139047658
http://ocibisuke.deviantart.com/art/Mila-For-raz-137970980
http://sylverkitsune.deviantart.com/art/Girl-s-a-Butterfly-132884903
http://saori-wg.deviantart.com/art/Mila-124284606
http://wolfhound88.deviantart.com/art/Mila-122213370
http://crayoneyes.deviantart.com/art/Mila-120949887
http://dj-rocken.deviantart.com/art/Mila-Evans-117041590

Melissa
http://9na.deviantart.com/art/Melissa-113694233

Dunning
http://9na.deviantart.com/art/The-key-113695288

Jeff Angel Damon
http://fraufleischmann.deviantart.com/art/Jeff-Angel-nomeD-ffeJ-113568603
http://jensuki-chaa.deviantart.com/art/Jeff-Angel-148995827
http://bloodyuki.deviantart.com/art/Jeff-Angel-134435859

All or several characters
http://monkey-hero.deviantart.com/art/Room-215-125693666 (incl. all characters 'cept the dawgs over at Red Crown)
http://chibiyami.deviantart.com/art/Room-215-114478780

What A…?
http://9na.deviantart.com/art/What-a-113694869
http://sylverkitsune.deviantart.com/art/What-A-147810073

Crossovers
http://tigerboat.deviantart.com/art/L-is-for-138680037
http://bob-owe.deviantart.com/art/Objectionable-132249386
http://deadums.deviantart.com/art/Get-out-of-my-Toilet-Inspector-129853773

aaaaand..."Make your own Hotel Dusk Avatar" Tutorial - in two parts
http://pdonkeh.deviantart.com/art/Tutorial-Hotel-Dusk-I-116874056
http://pdonkeh.deviantart.com/art/Tutorial-Hotel-Dusk-II-117120876


I think that's enough for today. deviantART gets grilling after a while. xD If I could, I'd spoiler each category and incl. the actual images instead of the links. They just end up as "image", yet if I drag them to a window, the image shows...so...

@NineIX: I liked your artwork, especially Kyle Hyde. :) Hmm, regarding the colour issue...it doesn't bug me too much. It's refreshing to see more colourful pieces here and there.
NineIX
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:27 am
Custom Title: Artist
Location: France

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by NineIX »

Thank you Cherii for posting all of this wonderful art. *_* I dont really like the ones with Mila x Kyle but the rest is great. *_*

n_n Glad you like it !
:bellboy: I'm gonna draw moar Kyle... Just need more ideas...
Image
ashogo
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:32 am

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by ashogo »


Jesus, this one scares me.


this is really stupid. I laughed.
Jesswee
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:21 am
Custom Title: Hate is Bad :(
Location: La la land~
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Jesswee »

I made a cute little face for Hyde as you can see. It was effortless, just had to erase his face and paint a silly one on it, but I like it :3

Spoiler:
Image
Image
Midnight Jasper
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: The Land of Layton

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Midnight Jasper »

Thanks very much, shadowofedgeworth~!
@Jessweeee: THAT IS SO FRIKKIN ADORABLE I WANT TO ADOPT ONE :3
Image
TheUllas
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by TheUllas »

Jessweeee wrote:I made a cute little face for Hyde as you can see. It was effortless, just had to erase his face and paint a silly one on it, but I like it :3

Spoiler:
Image


Cool :) So nice :will:
Karmi-Sempai
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:57 am
Custom Title: Aspiring to Inspire
Location: Asia
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Karmi-Sempai »

Really lovely art, guys! Keep 'em coming!
.: Click on the pictures for links! :.

ImageImageImageImage
javiwepa
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by javiwepa »

i made a hotel dusk flipnote http://flipnote.hatena.com/5D7ECC701E4150CD@DSi/movie/4150CD_097D091D70AB2_000?in=user
and a trace memory flipnote too http://flipnote.hatena.com/5D7ECC701E4150CD@DSi/movie/4150CD_097D1225C25A8_000?in=user
(turn down volume a bit)
can somebody post the flipnotes from the last window website?
TheUllas
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by TheUllas »

Hi guys!
I 've got a new tablet, so let's celebrate with a quick but crazy Hotel Dusk doodle!

Spoiler: You wanna see it?
Image
Karmi-Sempai
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:57 am
Custom Title: Aspiring to Inspire
Location: Asia
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Karmi-Sempai »

XDDD Make more! I love it! <3 <3 <3
Last edited by Karmi-Sempai on Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.: Click on the pictures for links! :.

ImageImageImageImage
TheUllas
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by TheUllas »

You mean it? :redd:
Well, I can try to make more, I haven't drawn in years. Just three months ago, I returned into the musician world, so I have to become a good doodler, too! (does NOT make sense, but OK)
In other words: OK
Karmi-Sempai
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:57 am
Custom Title: Aspiring to Inspire
Location: Asia
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Karmi-Sempai »

Definitely. Plus, I thought it was ingenious that Kyle walks in to see some detective-looking dude from AA. XDD The appearances really made my day. :will:
.: Click on the pictures for links! :.

ImageImageImageImage
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Wooster »

http://DaWooster.deviantart.com/art/Pro ... -155314091

Tried Dusk-izing several of Prototype Phoenix's facial expressions.

Image
Click for the Full Version
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Karmi-Sempai
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:57 am
Custom Title: Aspiring to Inspire
Location: Asia
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Karmi-Sempai »

Wooster wrote:http://DaWooster.deviantart.com/art/Proto-Phoenix-2-Hotel-Dusk-155314091

Tried Dusk-izing several of Prototype Phoenix's facial expressions.

Image
Click for the Full Version

Now THAT is awesome! Sure beats mine...
.: Click on the pictures for links! :.

ImageImageImageImage
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Wooster »

Karmi-Sempai wrote:
Wooster wrote:http://DaWooster.deviantart.com/art/Proto-Phoenix-2-Hotel-Dusk-155314091

Tried Dusk-izing several of Prototype Phoenix's facial expressions.

Image
Click for the Full Version

Now THAT is awesome! Sure beats mine...


I could debate this point, but I think it's best worded with a mini RP.

*Desk Slam* Objection! Yes, mine is animated, but your style is practically straight from the game. Ergo, *Close-up zoom with zooming background* Yours is inherently superior.
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Karmi-Sempai
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:57 am
Custom Title: Aspiring to Inspire
Location: Asia
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Karmi-Sempai »

Wooster wrote:*Desk Slam* Objection! Yes, mine is animated, but your style is practically straight from the game. Ergo, *Close-up zoom with zooming background* Yours is inherently superior.

Image
Maybe we should make a thread for this. It'd be cool to see people trying to combine the art of both games. What do you think?
.: Click on the pictures for links! :.

ImageImageImageImage
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Hotel Dusk Art Thread

Post by Wooster »

A thread combining my two favorite Adventure game series? I'm totally in favor of it. Just can't add/work on anything new myself till my Computer's fixed.
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Post Reply