Let's Talk About The New School Year

Chatterbox for non-PW related talk.
Post Reply
kaisap112
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:53 pm
Custom Title: The AA-LPer
Location: Playing Ace Attorney or making LPs! No, actually, Finland.
Contact:

Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by kaisap112 »

Didn't find a topic for this, so here goes nothing! :keiko:

I got started on my third and last year of high school on Thursday, August 12th, 2010.
(Or well, I'll only have to spend less than six months at the school and then I'm out for good! :garyuu: )

What do I expect from the year? More tests and exams than should be legal, studying my head off and keeping my fingers crossed that my brother (high school freshman, same school) will get his act together and start studying seriously. Also, a top-score from the English matriculation examination is a must-have.

So how do you all feel about going back to school, whether it's any level of school, college, university etc.?
Got any goals to reach or tests to go through this year?

I'd say all school-ranting for 2010-2011 is allowed here. :adrian:

PS. Go check out PHD Comics, for the true side of the world of school and studying!
Image
Check my Ace Attorney Let's Plays and more on my Youtube Channel!
My Sigs, Wallpapers etc. Topic
The happy wife of Meenyman and mother of Dawn, Madame Sho and Dark Coffee Drinker
Louise
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7882
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Louise »

The topics in this section just get more and more exciting don't they.

I hate when the kids go back to school, the bus takes longer to get to work.
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage
Image
BSX
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 970
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:15 am
Custom Title: The member who doesn't swear much
Location: I'm Scotland and I live in Scottish. Wait...
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by BSX »

I don't start 'till Wednesday. We Scots start way earlier than the English because our holidays start earlier.

It's my fifth year of high school (and second last), so I'm excited. Plus I get to see my girlfriend 5 days a week! Whoo!
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

Image
I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.
ThePRPD
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by ThePRPD »

I start my senior year of High School next month. --'

I'm going to try to be on my school's Senior Planning Committee and I'm already on the yearbook committee.

I might double up on some classes as well.
kaisap112
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:53 pm
Custom Title: The AA-LPer
Location: Playing Ace Attorney or making LPs! No, actually, Finland.
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by kaisap112 »

ThePRPD wrote:I start my senior year of High School next month. --'

I'm going to try to be on my school's Senior Planning Committee and I'm already on the yearbook committee.

I might double up on some classes as well.


I'm in the student body (and my brother is too). Basically we just sit around in the breakroom (our supposed-to-be-library, but it's not) and a few people do anything.

Other than that we don't really have that kind of committee/club system as all the other countries seem to have. :sadshoe:
Another reason for me to envy the Japanese.
Image
Check my Ace Attorney Let's Plays and more on my Youtube Channel!
My Sigs, Wallpapers etc. Topic
The happy wife of Meenyman and mother of Dawn, Madame Sho and Dark Coffee Drinker
J-Max Holmes
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:05 am
Custom Title: evil monkey is watching you.
Location: U.S. of A.

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by J-Max Holmes »

I feel old being a college student amongst all you high school kids :sadshoe: .
Image
I PITY THE FOO'S FOO WHO FOOLS FOOS WHO FOOLISHLY ACCEPT THE FOOLISHNESS OF A FOO'S FOO.........FOO!
nekonohime
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2276
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 4:09 pm
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by nekonohime »

Me too, I graduated from high school, like, 2 years ago :meekins: . I'm starting classes at my new university in 2 weeks. It's huge compared to the tiny community college I went to before O_O

I got signed up for a lecture Chemistry class (Which is HUGE! 300 people... *sweats*), a Women's Studies class (Which is only 20-30 people... What's with the inconsistency of the class sizes?!) and an online class for something, I can't remember the name of it at the moment :/
Dawn
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 989
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:47 am
Custom Title: Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!
Location: Will I actually tell you? Maybe for some cake. :P
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Dawn »

I feel too young amongst you. :/

Starting school on the 1st of September. And I'm going to both middle school and high school, meaning that I have to wake up at 6 in the morning to go to my Geometry class at the high school, and to make matters worse, the classroom's at the far end of the school from the bus loading area. ... I don't really want to be run over by high schoolers that are way taller than I am.

Ah well... at least I still have band and Spanish. Yay.
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3
Meenyman
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1877
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:35 am
Custom Title: Ahh...Coffee...
Location: EARTH
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Meenyman »

I go back to school on the beginning of September, and it'll be my first year of high school.

Feeling a bit nervous, yet excited. I've already gotten my schedule and all that stuff by mail.
If I get lost in the school, I'm screwed. Yay...
Image
Click my sig to see my YouTube channel! AA music is found here!
CarChaseCityMan and Arkillian's son, Franzika Von ehmpke5 ,Lida_Rose and angel_of_nature's brother.
"If you don't have any shadows, then you're not standing in the light."
End Quote
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:22 pm
Custom Title: "I'm End Quote." end quote.

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by End Quote »

I'm going to the 4th year of... middle school?
Basically 10th grade in US I guess. Or 11th I dunno, such a confusing system they have...

I'm doing science :sassy:

Though it might sound nerdy, most of the people who take it are the ones who are not good at the other branches. We even have people who fail miserably at physics, biology and chemistry, the most important stuff we have. (Not me ofcourse, I pwn)
:keiko: WARNING: SIG CONTAINS LAME JOKE
ImageImage
Dawn
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 989
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:47 am
Custom Title: Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!
Location: Will I actually tell you? Maybe for some cake. :P
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Dawn »

Meenyman wrote:I go back to school on the beginning of September, and it'll be my first year of high school.

Feeling a bit nervous, yet excited. I've already gotten my schedule and all that stuff by mail.
If I get lost in the school, I'm screwed. Yay...


Sho-woop, that's going to be me this year or the next. :/ ... Wait, if I'm taking math classes at HS, does that mean it's my first year, even though I'm in middle school?

And End Quote, 10th grade here in my school district is the second year in my high school.
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3
Dark Coffee Drinker
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 657
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Dark Coffee Drinker »

Just started Wednesday.

So far, the year has been pretty good. I really enjoy Geometry. (Yes, I enjoy math. XD) Chemistry has got to be the best though. (A bit confusing at times.) I finally got in both Industrial Technology classes and got in German III. I hope this year goes like I want it to.
Image
Clickie the sig to go to my sprites! (Updated 10-14-10!)Court Records - The Game!
Thanks to PandaPrinzessin for the signature!
Son to Meenyman and kaisap112! Plus, brother to Madame Sho and Dawn!
Electroboy
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2066
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:27 pm
Custom Title: Time for you to sleep.
Location: Working with Alice on a project of FUN!

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Electroboy »

Still got until the end of the month.

*kicks back*

Entering second year of secondary school, which is... 10th grade in America I believe.
Image
Parents: Chloe, CoffeeProsecutor Brothers: K_V_N, Auraion, OriginalBubs Son: Rarikou
Thanks to Midnight Jasper for the stuff.
Dawn
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 989
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:47 am
Custom Title: Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!
Location: Will I actually tell you? Maybe for some cake. :P
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Dawn »

Electroboy wrote:Still got until the end of the month.

*kicks back*

Entering second year of secondary school, which is... 10th grade in America I believe.


:ack:

We could be in the same math class if I was in your school. And it would be awkward.
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3
Yellow Magician
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1914
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:47 pm
Custom Title: Zoinks

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Yellow Magician »

Finished school this year (great, now I feel old too). I'm heading to university in a couple of months to study Chemical Engineering (hope to make Mako reactors for a living); not sure which yet, results coming out this Thursday (I'm like totally freaking out).

I wish I could turn back time and choose a musical instrument or something because my time at school was very incredibly boring (note to those starting high school - please please please choose an extracurricular activity)
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |
dullahan1
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6664
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm
Custom Title: Do you see the black one...or the white?
Location: IN SPACE!
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by dullahan1 »

Fifth year of college, starting Tuesday. Thank god I'm finally graduating next Spring. Really can't stand our Education department. After graduation, I'm spending the rest of my life in school as a teacher. Oh joy.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)
I feel the same
kaisap112
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:53 pm
Custom Title: The AA-LPer
Location: Playing Ace Attorney or making LPs! No, actually, Finland.
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by kaisap112 »

Yellow Magician wrote:Finished school this year (great, now I feel old too). I'm heading to university in a couple of months to study Chemical Engineering (hope to make Mako reactors for a living); not sure which yet, results coming out this Thursday (I'm like totally freaking out).

I wish I could turn back time and choose a musical instrument or something because my time at school was very incredibly boring (note to those starting high school - please please please choose an extracurricular activity)


I shouldn't be thinking about entrance exams before spring, but I'm already freaking out about university or whether I get in at all.
Mako reactors? Weren't they destroying the planet?! :ack:

My time at school IS incredibly boring. I read, either good books or test-material (six courses worth of history, not a small cake I've sunk my teeth in).

Extra-curricular activities! Though we don't have those at my school, we have to go to other sources for such nonsense.
But I am starting Japanese lessons outside school, does that count? :sassy: Better be prepared for the real studies at uni!
Might get a translator's position in a game company someday if I work my butt off. (Atlus? Capcom? *hint hint*)
Image
Check my Ace Attorney Let's Plays and more on my Youtube Channel!
My Sigs, Wallpapers etc. Topic
The happy wife of Meenyman and mother of Dawn, Madame Sho and Dark Coffee Drinker
xFlame990
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:47 am
Custom Title: To the Batmobile!
Location: On a computer
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by xFlame990 »

ACK.

I don't want to go to school. -__-

I'm starting seventh grade. /is very lazy
Dragons ♥ Website[closed]
Image
You might know me from Dragon Cave Forums or Orange on my website. :) ~ Set by me
Siren
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Siren »

I'm starting at the university this year. Also, I'm moving out of my parents' house to live at the college campus. I find it a bit new and scary, but I'm also really looking forward to it!
Dawn
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 989
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:47 am
Custom Title: Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!
Location: Will I actually tell you? Maybe for some cake. :P
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Dawn »

xFlame990 wrote:ACK.

I don't want to go to school. -__-

I'm starting seventh grade. /is very lazy


7th grade is fine. ^^ You start moving around classes right?
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3
Dylia
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:31 am
Custom Title: Wherever you go, I will be there.
Location: Tachibana Dynasty, Koga

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Dylia »

I'm starting my career as guidance councillor.
With pay.
So I feel even older.
Image
Signature by Myself
Sister of BSX and ChocolateXCheese
EmilyMarkham
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 123
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:15 pm
Custom Title: I'm a Zebra, betch~
Location: Japanifornia

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by EmilyMarkham »

Startin' college on the twenty-third! I feel old, too~ Just went through my freshman orientation yesterday. I'm nervous but excited, since one of my oldest friends is going to the same college. We've been friends since preschool, so it's really cool.

I'm exciteeeeeeeeeeeeeeed~ There's a Video Game club, and I'm planning on joining and getting the current members addicted to Ace Attorney. MWAHAHAHA. :godot:
Image
I'm a Zebra, betch, and don't you forget it~
BSX
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 970
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:15 am
Custom Title: The member who doesn't swear much
Location: I'm Scotland and I live in Scottish. Wait...
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by BSX »

EmilyMarkham wrote:Startin' college on the twenty-third! I feel old, too~ Just went through my freshman orientation yesterday. I'm nervous but excited, since one of my oldest friends is going to the same college. We've been friends since preschool, so it's really cool.

I'm exciteeeeeeeeeeeeeeed~ There's a Video Game club, and I'm planning on joining and getting the current members addicted to Ace Attorney. MWAHAHAHA. :godot:

I wish we had that at our school. But the Uni course I'll do is Video Game Design, and they have a gaming room at the uni I want to go to. So yay.
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

Image
I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.
xFlame990
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:47 am
Custom Title: To the Batmobile!
Location: On a computer
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by xFlame990 »

Dawn wrote:
xFlame990 wrote:ACK.

I don't want to go to school. -__-

I'm starting seventh grade. /is very lazy


7th grade is fine. ^^ You start moving around classes right?

Yup. :<
Which is very, very, very depressing.
Dragons ♥ Website[closed]
Image
You might know me from Dragon Cave Forums or Orange on my website. :) ~ Set by me
User avatar
ChocolateXCheese
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:54 am
Custom Title: The Midnight Lurker

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by ChocolateXCheese »

Just started high school on the 11th. Yes, I am freshmeat. So far, it's exactly the same as middle school, but much more classrooms, better teachers, and it's crowded. My Honors Geo/Phys [*cries for not getting into Biology*] teacher seems alright. I used to have a PE teacher that said "All you have to do to get an A in my class is come here, dress out, and act like you're participating". But they switched my teacher at the last second. D= My Health teacher already hates the class because we're too quiet. Wtf. Any teacher would kill for a quiet class. My Pre-AP English teacher is so fruity, but awesome. And he wears a Pokewalker every day. In plain sight too. My Geometry teacher is alright. And my Spanish teacher looks like a strict old lady, but she's actually pretty nice. I may go to Theater Club occasionally. Maybe. I dunno, just depends. And I'll probably be dragged to the Anime club by my friends. So...yeah, that's it.
Dawn
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 989
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:47 am
Custom Title: Bam! Wait. That's a fish?!
Location: Will I actually tell you? Maybe for some cake. :P
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Dawn »

xFlame990 wrote:
Dawn wrote:
xFlame990 wrote:ACK.

I don't want to go to school. -__-

I'm starting seventh grade. /is very lazy


7th grade is fine. ^^ You start moving around classes right?

Yup. :<
Which is very, very, very depressing.


Why so?

And it will be more depressing if you have to dissect frogs.
[Signature in construction until I make a new one]
I'm back, mate! Still lurking like a ninja but whatevs :3
H4RDMEISTER
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 529
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:36 pm
Custom Title: Holy whack! Unlyrical lyrics Andre
Location: North-East England

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by H4RDMEISTER »

I start on the 4th of September or something like that. I'm going into year ten (I dont know what that is in America, Its 14-15 year-olds) and I cant wait. I am doing Graphic Products and it's going to be awesome because I'm a computer whiz :)
Image Image
Percei
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1607
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:47 pm
Custom Title: My name is Judge.
Location: Just Outside Your Peripherals

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Percei »

Start my Junior (11th) Year of School (3rd year of High School) this coming Thursday, and frankly I'm excited. I got into the classes I put on there (even Honors Pre-Cal which I was nervous about because I did less than stellar on the Algebra II Finals), and got a couple of the teachers I wanted too. With the extra-curriculars and co-curriculars I'm in it's shaping up to be a great year.

10th grade is your 2nd year of High School AKA Sophomore Year.
Meenyman
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1877
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:35 am
Custom Title: Ahh...Coffee...
Location: EARTH
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Meenyman »

Dawn wrote:Why so?

And it will be more depressing if you have to dissect frogs.

Dissecting frogs is not terrible at all. And trust me, 7th grade will be much better than your previous years.

@Percei: Sounds like you're gonna have a fun year, don't we all wish that could happen. Being new to the high school, I don't exactly know who the good teachers are.

Oh I forgot to mention. I got "Miles" as my homeroom teacher.
Image
Click my sig to see my YouTube channel! AA music is found here!
CarChaseCityMan and Arkillian's son, Franzika Von ehmpke5 ,Lida_Rose and angel_of_nature's brother.
"If you don't have any shadows, then you're not standing in the light."
Louise
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7882
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Louise »

Meenyman wrote:Dissecting frogs is not terrible at all.


lmao -__-
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage
Image
J-Max Holmes
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:05 am
Custom Title: evil monkey is watching you.
Location: U.S. of A.

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by J-Max Holmes »

EmilyMarkham wrote:Startin' college on the twenty-third! I feel old, too~ Just went through my freshman orientation yesterday. I'm nervous but excited, since one of my oldest friends is going to the same college. We've been friends since preschool, so it's really cool.

I'm exciteeeeeeeeeeeeeeed~ There's a Video Game club, and I'm planning on joining and getting the current members addicted to Ace Attorney. MWAHAHAHA. :godot:


AWESOME! good luck :)
Image
I PITY THE FOO'S FOO WHO FOOLS FOOS WHO FOOLISHLY ACCEPT THE FOOLISHNESS OF A FOO'S FOO.........FOO!
User avatar
ChocolateXCheese
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:54 am
Custom Title: The Midnight Lurker

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by ChocolateXCheese »

.:looby:. wrote:
Meenyman wrote:Dissecting frogs is not terrible at all.


lmao -__-

It really isn't that bad. All I got to do was tear its skin off since I was absent the last two days, but I had fun. And dissecting a lamb's eyeball was cool too even though the guy I was working with made me do all the work. Yeah, the guy was too grossed out to cut it up and made the girl do it. The best part was emptying out the eye with the scalpel and pulling all the leftover flesh and eyelashes off. Yes, I'm a rather sadistic person.
Louise
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7882
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Louise »

ChocolateXCheese wrote:Yes, I'm a rather sadistic person.


And a gross idiot :gant:
Imagesee how it withers before my flower of justiceImage
Image
Dylia
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:31 am
Custom Title: Wherever you go, I will be there.
Location: Tachibana Dynasty, Koga

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Dylia »

ChocolateXCheese wrote:
.:looby:. wrote:
Meenyman wrote:Dissecting frogs is not terrible at all.


lmao -__-

It really isn't that bad. All I got to do was tear its skin off since I was absent the last two days, but I had fun. And dissecting a lamb's eyeball was cool too even though the guy I was working with made me do all the work. Yeah, the guy was too grossed out to cut it up and made the girl do it. The best part was emptying out the eye with the scalpel and pulling all the leftover flesh and eyelashes off. Yes, I'm a rather sadistic person.


You're very blood thirsty - aren'tcha?
I threw up and fainted that day.
And I left.
And the stain was on my clothes.
And for some reason, it sounds like bombs are going off outside my window so excuse me one moment...
Image
Signature by Myself
Sister of BSX and ChocolateXCheese
Electroboy
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2066
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:27 pm
Custom Title: Time for you to sleep.
Location: Working with Alice on a project of FUN!

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Electroboy »

I'm actually looking forward to going back. The only problem is that I'm terrified of missing the bus and being late, and I'm worried because I should still be on my medicinal course starting school, and my bag could kill me. Other than that, It'll be fine. I didn't have any problems last year, and I really want to see everyone again. If only just to remember what my crush actually looks like.

(Loobs, what's that in your signature?)
Image
Parents: Chloe, CoffeeProsecutor Brothers: K_V_N, Auraion, OriginalBubs Son: Rarikou
Thanks to Midnight Jasper for the stuff.
Yellow Magician
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1914
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:47 pm
Custom Title: Zoinks

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Yellow Magician »

kaisap112 wrote:I shouldn't be thinking about entrance exams before spring, but I'm already freaking out about university or whether I get in at all.

I started thinking about uni really early too, like two years ago. Probably a good idea seeing as how I changed my mind about what course I was going to take only last September!

kaisap112 wrote:Mako reactors? Weren't they destroying the planet?! :ack:

Just speeding up the inevitable, haaaaah. Nah, I'd rather work in the food industry - my ticket to, er, free food!

kaisap112 wrote:Extra-curricular activities! Though we don't have those at my school, we have to go to other sources for such nonsense.
But I am starting Japanese lessons outside school, does that count? :sassy: Better be prepared for the real studies at uni!
Might get a translator's position in a game company someday if I work my butt off. (Atlus? Capcom? *hint hint*)

I guess so. I'm in full support of people doing whatever they want to do, so good luck~

BSX wrote:I'm exciteeeeeeeeeeeeeeed~ There's a Video Game club, and I'm planning on joining and getting the current members addicted to Ace Attorney. MWAHAHAHA. :godot:
I wish we had that at our school. But the Uni course I'll do is Video Game Design, and they have a gaming room at the uni I want to go to. So yay.


Why not Computer Science? From what I've heard it's much more desirable for employers than video-game degrees. Plus you've got loads of other job options if you need them.
3DS Friend Code: 5129-1407-0950

| -#courtrecords- | -Last.fm- | -Twitter- |
BSX
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 970
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:15 am
Custom Title: The member who doesn't swear much
Location: I'm Scotland and I live in Scottish. Wait...
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by BSX »

Because I want a job specifically in game design.
Married to KSAT~. Super Cammy (known as Cammyflage) sprite in avvie by Looby.

Image
I Do LPs. Here's a link to watch them on my channel on YouTube.
ThePRPD
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:09 pm
Location: New York City

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by ThePRPD »

Dawn wrote:it will be more depressing if you have to dissect frogs.

I remember dissecting frogs when I was in the ninth grade.

...I loved it. I remember going a little crazy on the frog. :hobohodo:
P!ATD
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1130
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:56 am
Location: Dublin
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by P!ATD »

I'm starting Transition Year on the first of September. That's basically this year where you don't do any work, and get to do fun stuff for most of the year in school. Can't wait, it should be fun. :redd:
Image
☆KrazyKaro and Romeo's Daughter☆
☆Godot_Blend_#107, Tap and Jaron's Sister☆
Meenyman
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1877
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:35 am
Custom Title: Ahh...Coffee...
Location: EARTH
Contact:

Re: Let's Talk About The New School Year

Post by Meenyman »

P!ATD wrote:I'm starting Transition Year on the first of September. That's basically this year where you don't do any work, and get to do fun stuff for most of the year in school. Can't wait, it should be fun. :redd:

No way, I think I just read the impossible.
Image
Click my sig to see my YouTube channel! AA music is found here!
CarChaseCityMan and Arkillian's son, Franzika Von ehmpke5 ,Lida_Rose and angel_of_nature's brother.
"If you don't have any shadows, then you're not standing in the light."
Post Reply