Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Trip! Talk about stuff Boosted off of Cing's Hotel Dusk, AND Pirate Grandmas.
Jesswee
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:21 am
Custom Title: Hate is Bad :(
Location: La la land~
Contact:

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Jesswee »

TheBaronAndEma wrote:
shadowofedgeworth wrote:Even if North America had gotten a localization, the boxart probably would have been substantially different. Not that Hotel Dusk's was bad. I loved it! But it was still very different from the original, so it's nice to see that this didn't stray too much.

I was thinking the same thing. HD's Japanese and USA/EU boxarts are quite different so I was wondering how they'd go about LWs. Thankfully, they didn't change it too much apart from making it look like it was a different time of day.



I'm glad it didn't change much! I'd hate it if it got the MOBILE LIGHT FORCE treatment xD

Spoiler: Off topic: What I mean by MLF Treatment
Japanese Box Art:
Image

Characters:
Image

Gameplay:
Image

US Box Art:
Image

As you can see, the characters in the US box art are not at all featured in the game, that location is not in the game, those weapons are not in the game, and those enemies are not in the game. The US box are for Mobile Light Force looked exactly the same, except there was obviously no "2" at the end. The difference between the two games is Mobile Light Force is a localization of Gunbird, and Mobile Light Force 2 is a localization of Shikigami no Shiro. Two completely different games that play somewhat similarly. It'd be like localizing Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest as Fantasy Quest I and II.
Image
Caelestis
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 598
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:46 pm
Custom Title: Sig and Avie created by awesome Vicki!!
Location: If I'm Online, I must be at my computer (duh)

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Caelestis »

THIS September!!?? YESSS!! *dances around like a shwasted monkey* ((yes, there's a difference between drunk and shwasted... shut up XD))

So, erm, anyone wanna tell this poor American the cheapest, and SAFEest, way to import this from Europe (like a website or anything)? :edgy: I know there's always the free, illegal way, but I'd like to give some money to this poor, bankrupt company :payne:
Image
NEW:V-Day Drabbles! | Flawless Achievement | These Wounds Can Heal | When the Wall Crumbles
Daughter of Xero and Mystic Mina. Sister of Lana & Ulala
TheBaronAndEma
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1403
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:24 am
Custom Title: 世界中
Location: 秘密
Contact:

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by TheBaronAndEma »

^ Play-Asia, eBay and any European game site which allows international delievery. :edgy:
Mia oh Maya!
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 147
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Mia oh Maya! »

All I can say about this topic is hell YES.
And thank GOD for Play-Asia. :'D
L~A
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by L~A »

Don't expect anything from Play-Asia, they don't have European games (there are exception, but they are so exceptional, you simply can't expect anything from them at all), nothing but Japanese/Asian/US games. As for other websites, I don't know of a single one which is allowed to ship games outside the European Union, as Nintendo doesn't want its European/US games to be shipped overseas.

But if you know of a website which can ship Nintendo games overseas, please tell me, as I also have a friend who'll want to get this game. And I won't pretend I know all the existing European websites xD
Though, I've already planned to have it delivered to my place, and then sent the game to her, in the US.

Of course, there's still eBay, but I really don't like this website.
ImageImageImage
patientsoul
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:55 pm

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by patientsoul »

Play Asia is indeed going to be selling this game.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-y7- ... -3wkg.html
L~A
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by L~A »

And to think I checked P~A just a few days ago... but that's just awesome they're gonna have it, though I'm really surprised.
Man, it's gonna be so easy for my friend to get it then :D
ImageImageImage
Pandonetho
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:33 am

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Pandonetho »

Too bad this is coming out AFTER I start school again. Noooooo!
Image
Mr. Brown
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:34 pm
Custom Title: Good evening gentlemen
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Mr. Brown »

This is wonderful, truly wonderful news!
Caelestis
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 598
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:46 pm
Custom Title: Sig and Avie created by awesome Vicki!!
Location: If I'm Online, I must be at my computer (duh)

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Caelestis »

Blegh, fifty bucks :payne: maybe I should wait for the price to drop... or for more money... lol

Still, I want to get this game sooo badly. :yuusaku:
Image
NEW:V-Day Drabbles! | Flawless Achievement | These Wounds Can Heal | When the Wall Crumbles
Daughter of Xero and Mystic Mina. Sister of Lana & Ulala
Lirkassemand
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:12 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Lirkassemand »

Wohoooo i just got the Game with the mailman

I live in Denmark :gant:
Marche Tobaye
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
Location: Sweden

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Marche Tobaye »

It's out tomorrow.

In just one day I'll be enjoying this game.

"My body is ready." - Reggie Fils-Aime
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
The Sandwich
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4848
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich
Location: The land of Leprechauns and alcoholism.
Contact:

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by The Sandwich »

Playing it right now. Dylan's lack of chin scares me. ;_;
fuck
Croik
Admin
Admin
Posts: 5255
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am
Custom Title: nuuuuu, stoooooop
Location: America
Contact:

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Croik »

The Sandwich wrote:Playing it right now. Dylan's lack of chin scares me. ;_;


Don't be mean to Dylan, he's like, the best character, seriously. :keiko:
ImageImage
Marche Tobaye
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
Location: Sweden

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Marche Tobaye »

Dylan grew on me when he
Spoiler:
told Mags that the fire alarm thing was just a test.

Nice save, dude.


Spoiler: On a different note...
The 4th hallway is even scarier than Rosa's satanic "I knew it!" face and Dunning's hidden basement put together. Srsly.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
Midnight Jasper
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: The Land of Layton

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Midnight Jasper »

Aaaahh, I love this game =D

BECAUSE KYLE CONDITIONS.
Image
The Sandwich
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4848
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich
Location: The land of Leprechauns and alcoholism.
Contact:

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by The Sandwich »

Croik wrote:
The Sandwich wrote:Playing it right now. Dylan's lack of chin scares me. ;_;


Don't be mean to Dylan, he's like, the best character, seriously. :keiko:


I must admit, he's beginning to grow on me because of Chapter 2. Going from 'i am skulking around fixing your doors 8)' to the whole fire alarm thing was a nice turnabout of character from kinda creepy to pretty cool dude.
fuck
Marche Tobaye
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
Location: Sweden

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Marche Tobaye »

Spoiler:
The whole Christmas chapter was very heartwarming. Seeing Mila again, and Tony's reaction to Kyle calling him a friend (I had Belief on the jukebox in the café which made it even better). I lost all three games of billiards though, lol

I'm now on chapter 9. Will White is an interesting character.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
Nose
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 1138
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:50 pm
Custom Title: Mostly human
Location: Blighty, old chum.

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Nose »

I've been playing through this since I bought it on Friday. Started off a bit slow but the revelations in the later chapters really turned things up a notch. I was blazing through the last chapter and then I hit a snag, and as there's no walktroughs about yet I'm out of luck.

Spoiler: Chapter 10
I've been trying to do the elevator puzzle for a while now, but I'm stumped. The heads of the birds seem to be relevant in determining which order to press the buttons but it's not clear what the buttons refer to; "3R" for example could refer to 3 presses of R or pressing 3 then R. I've read that some of the buttons are just red herrings and I've tried the sequence in various ways but the buzzer always goes off after 4 clicks. Any help would be appreciated.


Spoiler: On a more general note (spoilers; Chapter 8, Another Code R)
I was a bit dissapointed with Rex in the end, his part in the story was almost too similar to the Sunglasses guy in AN:R; both were built up as the villain but both turned out to be slightly underhand reporters looking into the truth of a friend's death. It seemed a little lazy, but at least they kept their personalities distinct.
Midnight Jasper
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: The Land of Layton

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Midnight Jasper »

Spoiler: Stuck on Chapter 4 'cuz I'm stupid
Um, just ran into Tony and Frank arguing because Frank's lost his cassette tape. They've both gone back into their rooms and won't come out. Searched everywhere and can't find the damn thing; also knocked on every door in the building. (Kyle's horrible buzzer-related puns never get old XD ). Ran around for a bit, hoping Rachel would page or someone would appear or something. Halp?
Image
Nose
Moderators
Moderators
Posts: 1138
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:50 pm
Custom Title: Mostly human
Location: Blighty, old chum.

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Nose »

Spoiler: response
Check in the basement's washroom, you should have better luck there.
Croik
Admin
Admin
Posts: 5255
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am
Custom Title: nuuuuu, stoooooop
Location: America
Contact:

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Croik »

Nose wrote:I've been playing through this since I bought it on Friday. Started off a bit slow but the revelations in the later chapters really turned things up a notch. I was blazing through the last chapter and then I hit a snag, and as there's no walktroughs about yet I'm out of luck.

Spoiler: Chapter 10
I've been trying to do the elevator puzzle for a while now, but I'm stumped. The heads of the birds seem to be relevant in determining which order to press the buttons but it's not clear what the buttons refer to; "3R" for example could refer to 3 presses of R or pressing 3 then R. I've read that some of the buttons are just red herrings and I've tried the sequence in various ways but the buzzer always goes off after 4 clicks. Any help would be appreciated.


Spoiler:
I don't think you have to press any button more than once. But I know that when it comes to 3R, only the R matters. I think the answer to this is already on Gamefaqs if you're still stuck.
ImageImage
Marche Tobaye
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
Location: Sweden

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Marche Tobaye »

That's some coincidence, I'm stuck on the exact same puzzle as well.

Spoiler:
So... Dylan was part of Nile, huh?
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
The Sandwich
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4848
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich
Location: The land of Leprechauns and alcoholism.
Contact:

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by The Sandwich »

That fucking music box. |: |

Also:

Spoiler: HUGE Chapter 9 spoilers
EVERYONE'S WORKING FOR NILE AAAAAAAAA
fuck
Marche Tobaye
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
Location: Sweden

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Marche Tobaye »

I give up. Could anyone help me?

Spoiler: Chapter 10
I've unlocked the 4th elevator button, which activates a puzzle. There's this cryptic code and I have no idea what it's trying to tell me.

I looked it up on GameFAQs and the explanation didn't really clear up things. Just what am I supposed to do?


EDIT: Never mind, I did it myself. I've finished it now. Awesome game.
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
blinq
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2792
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:59 pm
Custom Title: lol boobs.

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by blinq »

Someone please help me with this? ;__;

Spoiler: chapter 10
I just talked to Frank and he told me to investigate the crime scene some more. So I get back to Room 406, but there's nothing.
And when I try to get closer to the safe I get a game over. |: |
I've already checked all the other rooms too, but there's nothing. (?)


What am I missing here? D8
Image

"also you meant: Are you from Germany, sorry on the one hand I am not sure about English grammar on the other hand I am a grammar nazi" - Coffee Prosecutor
Marche Tobaye
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:16 pm
Custom Title: Call me Ishmael.
Location: Sweden

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Marche Tobaye »

^ Hmm...

Spoiler:
Is that after or before the confrontation with Margaret?
Wife: sparkleranger78, daughter: feedmechocolate247
blinq
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2792
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:59 pm
Custom Title: lol boobs.

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by blinq »

Marche Tobaye wrote:^ Hmm...

Spoiler:
Is that after or before the confrontation with Margaret?


Spoiler:
I haven't confronted her yet. After Kyle and Tony get attacked, Kyle suspects Frank and then finds the rope in his room. =/ And then I went back to Room 406..
Image

"also you meant: Are you from Germany, sorry on the one hand I am not sure about English grammar on the other hand I am a grammar nazi" - Coffee Prosecutor
Lusankya
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1047
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Lusankya »

blinq wrote:
Marche Tobaye wrote:^ Hmm...

Spoiler:
Is that after or before the confrontation with Margaret?


Spoiler:
I haven't confronted her yet. After Kyle and Tony get attacked, Kyle suspects Frank and then finds the rope in his room. =/ And then I went back to Room 406..


Spoiler:
Margaret attacked you, you should confront her. I never found any rope, so I don't know what you should do with it.
blinq
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2792
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:59 pm
Custom Title: lol boobs.

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by blinq »

Lusankya wrote:
Spoiler:
Margaret attacked you, you should confront her. I never found any rope, so I don't know what you should do with it.


Spoiler: *facepalm*
lmao I didn't realize you could already confront Margeret at this point.
I just went to talk to the first person I thought of . XDDDDD
Thank you!
Image

"also you meant: Are you from Germany, sorry on the one hand I am not sure about English grammar on the other hand I am a grammar nazi" - Coffee Prosecutor
Alice
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:59 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Alice »

blinq wrote:
Lusankya wrote:
Spoiler:
Margaret attacked you, you should confront her. I never found any rope, so I don't know what you should do with it.


Spoiler: *facepalm*
lmao I didn't realize you could already confront Margeret at this point.
I just went to talk to the first person I thought of . XDDDDD
Thank you!

Spoiler: Chapter 10
If you go to Frank instead of Margaret, you get to a dead-end from what I've seen some other people do. Just get the game over and retry, and go to Margaret instead.

I actually thought of going to either, but went to Margaret because she seems more suspicious.
Proud shipper of FeeniexIris, ApolloxEma.
Lirkassemand
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:12 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Lirkassemand »

Yay beat the game!! I must say that together with Hotel Dusk, Last Window is the Greatest game out for the DS
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Wooster »

=D Guess what surprised me in my mailbox today!

Made it to chapter 3 thus far. Man, where are the skeletons in peoples' closets? I'm about ready to go plant some at this rate. I also noticed how a few sound effects, references, and sequences made there way in from Another Code: R.

I poked around in the novel. It's actually almost the sort of thing that I'd check out from the library. Except, the DS is not optimized to be an eReader. I I just couldn't read it very far. May see if I can't just extract the script and read it that way.
Image
Bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump - bump
Midnight Jasper
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: The Land of Layton

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Midnight Jasper »

Spoiler: Stuck on Chapter 4 AGAIN. Derp.
Umm... how do I fix the casette tape? I don't see any pencils lying around...
Image
Bolt Storm
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3303
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm
Custom Title: 元・超会社員級の管理人
Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk
Contact:

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Bolt Storm »

Spoiler: Chapter 4
Put it in Kyle's answer phone and rewind it somewhat (not too much or it'll break). Then pause it, and hit play and fast-forward and unpause it.


@Wooster: Don't worry, the game speeds up after chapter 3.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!
Wooster wrote:If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
Jesswee
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:21 am
Custom Title: Hate is Bad :(
Location: La la land~
Contact:

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Jesswee »

I hate being unemployed :(

Need monies so I can fuel my expensive hobbieeees.
Image
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Wooster »

Alright, I've beaten CiNG's last game. I'll post my thoughts later, but first, any one figure out what the reward is for not opening the classified files? I seem to be missing some songs at the end of the JukeBox.

Speaking of the classified files, I actually invite you to take a peek at them, should you feel brave. You'll learn interesting trivia about Hyde, Including his TEN HOUR SWIM around manhattan. The dude needs a better hobby.

Oh and the Epilogue, it brought some closure to Rex and Dylan's storylines not covered in the main game. Some day later I'll read the actual novel, but it's difficult. It's written halfway decent, but the monologue dialogue and narration has a somewhat broken flow to it, arbitrarily flowing between the three. Never mind that it's a retelling of the game.


I am really going to miss these games. I really love Hyde's interrogations and the music that goes with it.
L~A
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1109
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by L~A »

Alright, I've beaten CiNG's last game. I'll post my thoughts later, but first, any one figure out what the reward is for not opening the classified files? I seem to be missing some songs at the end of the JukeBox.


I believe the reward is the epilogue. And you're not missing any song at the end. You had ??? for the songs that were still unlocked.

I haven't taken a peek at the classified files yet, I'll do so only when I'm done with reading the whole novel. I like it so far. I agree, it's not some great literature, but it's still a nice way to 'review' the story and notice little tid bits you might have missed (or just overlooked) when playing the game.

It's written halfway decent, but the monologue dialogue and narration has a somewhat broken flow to it, arbitrarily flowing between the three.

Yeah, I kinda agree with you on that one (despite the fact I really enjoy reading that 'novel'), but I wonder: was it like that in the original Japanese version, or is it a 'side-effect' of the translation?
ImageImageImage
Midnight Jasper
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 846
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: The Land of Layton

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Midnight Jasper »

It's written halfway decent, but the monologue dialogue and narration has a somewhat broken flow to it, arbitrarily flowing between the three.

Yeah, I kinda agree with you on that one (despite the fact I really enjoy reading that 'novel'), but I wonder: was it like that in the original Japanese version, or is it a 'side-effect' of the translation?[/quote]

Mentioned before, but maybe it's written badly because it's a work of everyone's favourite failauthor~
Image
Wooster
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3449
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:36 pm
Custom Title: Deputy of Self-Esteem
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Localisation Confirmed

Post by Wooster »

Personally, I suspect that the broken flow is due to the author reading from the in game script. The broken flow happens almost exactly during moments in game where Hyde has a monologue in the middle of a conversation, for instance. I suspect it had more to deal with deadlines then writing a good standalone eBook.
Post Reply