Final Fantasy doesn't need an introductory post, so... FIRE DEM POSTS, LADDIES!
Status Report:
Localization of Final Fantasy Type-0 (formerly; Final Fantasy Agito XIII), is still in discussion, and from the looks of it, it won't come out. But one can always hope, eh? *sigh*
Spoiler: BIG Image. It's the logo for Final Fantasy XIII
It was released on the PS3 and Xbox 360 and one can now buy them both for $18 at Gamestop preowned.
BTW my all-time favorite is
Google the word Aurabolt and see what comes up ^_^
Think we can leave out that garbage from the banner XD Though it is quite impressive graphically and the characters are good, beyond Lightning and Hope.
Ok maybe I don't hate it that much but it's done cruel things to me! Two hours on multiple chocobos with no treasures!!! I didn't play the game for months after that.
Compare another semi-linear story FFX which is actually my favourite of the series even if Jecht should just stomp Tidus' whiney little face in XD
Thanks to Dissidia I can actually do that now
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
The very first Final Fantasy game I played was VII, and I loved the game so damn much. It was well made and great. Of course many people object to that, but it still remains in my heart, despite some of it's crappiness. Since then I started playing some of the others, the weakest to me either being X or XIII, the strongest being IV or VI, I'm kind of still deciding. But I guess I'll give you a list of my favorites and least favorites that I've played so far.
Favorite: I II III IV VI VII XII
I have yet to play: V IX
Least Favorite: VIII (Only a little, it was meh to me.) X XIII
Yeah so apparently they're making some rhythm based Final Fantasy for the 3DS or something... IDK, if it has RPG elements in it (kinda like sonic chronicles and elite beat agents crossover) I might consider getting it.
Hahex wrote:Yeah so apparently they're making some rhythm based Final Fantasy for the 3DS or something... IDK, if it has RPG elements in it (kinda like sonic chronicles and elite beat agents crossover) I might consider getting it.
That game is a spin-off of the Dissidia series. As in, it's the spin-off of a spin-off, lol.
Hahex wrote:Yeah so apparently they're making some rhythm based Final Fantasy for the 3DS or something... IDK, if it has RPG elements in it (kinda like sonic chronicles and elite beat agents crossover) I might consider getting it.
That game is a spin-off of the Dissidia series. As in, it's the spin-off of a spin-off, lol.
Wait what?! Got a link to something like this?
Dissidia's plot is all over the place....but why all the X hate Blitzball is amazing and no one I know IRL has complained about it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Oh, has anyone here played FF: The 4 Heroes of Light, for DS? I liked it, but never finished it (a bit too frustrating). The plot is a lot like FF5 (which if you ask me is a good thing) and it has the best Black Mage design ever.
Marche Tobaye wrote:Oh, has anyone here played FF: The 4 Heroes of Light, for DS? I liked it, but never finished it (a bit too frustrating). The plot is a lot like FF5 (which if you ask me is a good thing) and it has the best Black Mage design ever.
Spoiler: Spoilered for gentlemanliness
That's....so stylish for a black mage.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
I think it's real name is Black Pimp, lol. And songs such as Clash at the Big Bridge, and One-Winged Angel have been confirmed for the Dissidia spin-off (not like any of you weren't expecting these tracks to not make it, lol).
Scent wrote:I think it's real name is Black Pimp, lol. And songs such as Clash at the Big Bridge, and One-Winged Angel have been confirmed for the Dissidia spin-off (not like any of you weren't expecting these tracks to not make it, lol).
Yeah was furious to see Gilgamesh wasn't in Dissidia 1 because they used his theme XD swiftly remedied.
Though why is it a Dissidia spinoff and not just a final fantasy spin off? Is it connected to Chaos and Cosmos or something?
Oh god...imagine if they have dance offs....
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
The game is Dissidia Theatrynym (or something a long those lines), meaning it's a Dissida spin-off. And the plot; the forces of Chaos are threatening the crystals by stealing their musical power...
Scent wrote:The game is Dissidia Theatrynym (or something a long those lines), meaning it's a Dissida spin-off. And the plot; the forces of Chaos are threatening the crystals by stealing their musical power...
Mmmfffmmm....that's hilarious XD
We're seriously gonna have Kefka dancing off against like Squall
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Scent wrote:Oh my God, I never thought of Kefka. <3 Imagine a Carameldanssen type of game! :OOOOOOO
For me DDR comes to mind XD with two opponents on either side of the screen.
Oh god...Garland and Jecht....can they even dance? Or ExDeath?!
Though Kuja is probably squeeing in delight.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Scent wrote:Is it the game where the final boss is a king and he has more forms than Ditto?
Yup, that's the one. Using the instant CURE GLITCH on the Dark King gives a whopping damage on him.
:P Well you shouldn't use glitches.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
This is a bit of old news, but... Originally, Final Fantasies V and VI were supposed to be remade for the DS, but due to technical difficulties (meaning they wanted to pull a FFIV DS; completely 3D and voiced dialogues) they couldn't remake them. But with the 3DS rising from the horizon, do you think they may remake these two titles?
Scent wrote:This is a bit of old news, but... Originally, Final Fantasies V and VI were supposed to be remade for the DS, but due to technical difficulties (meaning they wanted to pull a FFIV DS; completely 3D and voiced dialogues) they couldn't remake them. But with the 3DS rising from the horizon, do you think they may remake these two titles?
Discuss.
I think they will...but I don't think Technical difficulties like those were what stopped them before.
Hell I've already said this XD check the 3DS thread.
What I'd like to see....bare with me here....
Is FFX portable....
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Scent wrote:This is a bit of old news, but... Originally, Final Fantasies V and VI were supposed to be remade for the DS, but due to technical difficulties (meaning they wanted to pull a FFIV DS; completely 3D and voiced dialogues) they couldn't remake them. But with the 3DS rising from the horizon, do you think they may remake these two titles?
Discuss.
I hope so. Especially FFV since I have already completed FFVI.
They can keep Kefka's voice actor (and Terra's too, I guess) in Dissidia for a FFVI remake, he was amazing. Though I wonder how they would pull off his glorious 16-bit laugh? Maybe they should keep it just for the nostalgia factor.
My favorite character in the series would be Setzer Gabbiani. I mean the real one...
Scent wrote:This is a bit of old news, but... Originally, Final Fantasies V and VI were supposed to be remade for the DS, but due to technical difficulties (meaning they wanted to pull a FFIV DS; completely 3D and voiced dialogues) they couldn't remake them. But with the 3DS rising from the horizon, do you think they may remake these two titles?
Discuss.
I hope so. Especially FFV since I have already completed FFVI.
They can keep Kefka's voice actor (and Terra's too, I guess) in Dissidia for a FFVI remake, he was amazing. Though I wonder how they would pull off his glorious 16-bit laugh? Maybe they should keep it just for the nostalgia factor.
My favorite character in the series would be Setzer Gabbiani. I mean the real one...
... and not the emo impostor from KH2.
I wouldn't have said he was emo in KH2 XD.
Though yeah Setzer's a cool cat.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Setzer was like the "leave it to Lady Luck" kind of guy, meanwhile, in KH2, we had some arrogant, and egocentric guy that underestimates everyone in his path.
Scent wrote:Setzer was like the "leave it to Lady Luck" kind of guy, meanwhile, in KH2, we had some arrogant, and egocentric guy that underestimates everyone in his path.
AND he cheats, don't forget that.
Then again Seifer never struck me as punkish as he was in KH2 either so I wouldn't look too seriously into their Kingdom Hearts interpretations.
=D Dream Drop Distance! Gonna be the shizzle.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Then again Seifer never struck me as punkish as he was in KH2 either so I wouldn't look too seriously into their Kingdom Hearts interpretations.
I view it like this;
Seifer's the bully, his lackies are part of his bullying gang (in which he's the only bully, while the big guy's the idiot, the silent girl gives squat about anything, and Vivi's the neutral one). Meanwhile, Roxas, Hayner, Pence, and Olette are the nerds that Seifer bullies. Hayner's the one that stands-out, but does nothing, Pence and Olette are the terrified nerds, and Roxas' the one that deals with the bully.
Then again Seifer never struck me as punkish as he was in KH2 either so I wouldn't look too seriously into their Kingdom Hearts interpretations.
I view it like this;
Seifer's the bully, his lackies are part of his bullying gang (in which he's the only bully, while the big guy's the idiot, the silent girl gives squat about anything, and Vivi's the neutral one). Meanwhile, Roxas, Hayner, Pence, and Olette are the nerds that Seifer bullies. Hayner's the one that stands-out, but does nothing, Pence and Olette are the terrified nerds, and Roxas' the one that deals with the bully.
Dunno man I never thought of the Twilight crew as nerds XD and give Hayner some credit I reckon he could take Seifer.
Also don't you know Fuijin and Raijin? (The big guy and silent girl). KH2 more or less got their personalities down to a T.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Scent wrote:I only played FF8 up until the point where you have to escape the machine enemy every time you encounter him because it might kill you.
Wow man ducked out quickly, not a fan?
Fuijin and Raijin are in the main game and recurring bosses.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
XD Really? Wasn't that bad. Some people even defeat it.
Just keep running and get an epic cutscene when you do escape it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
Pierre wrote:Just keep running and get an epic cutscene when you do escape it.
A la Indiana Jones? lol
Hmmm sort of, it does chase you down a narrow alleyway where the only escape is the far end.
Though you seriously stopped playing there? Tis a shame the game has quite a good if complex system.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
dullahan1 wrote:Final Fantasy 8 is a terrible game. I'd put it right there alongside 2.
Yet there is those who do like it. I thought it tried some interesting things albeit it's not a favourite I wouldn't say it was an unpleasurable experience playing it.
Made by Chesu+Zombee
You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.