Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station

Page 10 of 32[ 1245 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 32  Next

Re: The Legend of Zelda seriesTopic%20Title

Let it go and move it move it

CatMuto wrote:
Scent wrote:
Really? I can't remember there being any mention of sorts regarding the sea being filled with monsters, just that the Goddesses decided to flood it because it was too corrupted.

Only time I remember it being mentioned that no thing can live in the waters is Ganon(dorf.... the game keeps switching) during the second stint at the Fuck Fortress.

Waker's OST was... alright, I guess. Some of them are very nice, but I know that the BGM for the Earth Temple bugged me a lot after a short while. And the music while sailing! Aaaaaaaaargh, it's a fucking earworm that I don't want! :meekins:

C-A

I love the music played when sailing. It feels relaxing, while also being heroic. I thought it worked well on the sea. I would have enjoyed the sailing much less if that music wasn't there.
Within Temptation

Lucy wrote:
I love the music played when sailing. It feels relaxing, while also being heroic. I thought it worked well on the sea. I would have enjoyed the sailing much less if that music wasn't there.

I think I disliked the music so much because I had to hear it so often and for so long. And because there was nothing really interesting to look at while the music was going on. Then again, it's not the only time I felt like a Zelda track didn't appeal to me. I didn't like the encounter music in the Twilight Realm. Sounded like complete cacophany to me.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Lucy wrote:

I think I disliked the music so much because I had to hear it so often and for so long. And because there was nothing really interesting to look at while the music was going on. Then again, it's not the only time I felt like a Zelda track didn't appeal to me. I didn't like the encounter music in the Twilight Realm. Sounded like complete cacophany to me.

C-A

I agree with you on that. But I suppose I disliked the Twilight Realm in general. Collecting bugs is rather tedious and having to do it three times is just annoying. It would be good if the music for each area was different. Perhaps they could speed it up to make it feel more exciting, as you progress through the game.
Within Temptation

Do you see the black one...or the white?

CatMuto wrote:
Lucy wrote:

C-A

That's one that I can completely agree with you on just being a complete horrible piece of music right there.

I really like the sailing music, but my favorite rendition of it has to be when you're sailing on the sea while cursed. I really like how they mix it up and throw in Ganondorf's theme into the sailing theme. Guess I'm a fan of things like this, because while I feel Twilight Princess's songs are okay save for a few pieces which I love, one of the ones I'm fond of is the song that plays in Hyrule Castle. It's a mix of the Hyrule Castle theme mixed with Ganondorf's theme and I really like how Ganon's theme starts to take over more and more the closer you are to the end of the dungeon. Something I really like when games do it correctly.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:
Pierre wrote:
Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)

I feel the same

dullahan1 wrote:
It's a mix of the Hyrule Castle theme mixed with Ganondorf's theme and I really like how Ganon's theme starts to take over more and more the closer you are to the end of the dungeon. Something I really like when games do it correctly.

That was a pretty cool part.
But then, Twilight Princess has the problem that Nintendo tried to make it Ocarina of Time 2, but failed. They tried to make it like Ocarina, to appeal to the older players who were kids when Ocarina originally came out, which resulted in some features being kinda bleh. I like the wolf, but it could be developed better.

And why the hell did they put that stupid plot arc about Ilia in? I don't care about her, she has no personality, why should I care that she has no memory? And what's the freaking point of that stupid Horse Call she gives me that late in the game, when I've been teleporting wherever I needed to go for half the game already?

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
dullahan1 wrote:
It's a mix of the Hyrule Castle theme mixed with Ganondorf's theme and I really like how Ganon's theme starts to take over more and more the closer you are to the end of the dungeon. Something I really like when games do it correctly.

That was a pretty cool part.
But then, Twilight Princess has the problem that Nintendo tried to make it Ocarina of Time 2, but failed. They tried to make it like Ocarina, to appeal to the older players who were kids when Ocarina originally came out, which resulted in some features being kinda bleh. I like the wolf, but it could be developed better.

And why the hell did they put that stupid plot arc about Ilia in? I don't care about her, she has no personality, why should I care that she has no memory? And what's the freaking point of that stupid Horse Call she gives me that late in the game, when I've been teleporting wherever I needed to go for half the game already?

C-A

Perhaps Nintendo thought the player would be interested in what is happening to Ilia. I couldn't care less about what happened to her, but other people might think differently.

As for the horse call coming in late, I have no idea why they did that. It annoyed me also.
Within Temptation

Lucy wrote:
Perhaps Nintendo thought the player would be interested in what is happening to Ilia. I couldn't care less about what happened to her, but other people might think differently.

Probably, but if they wanted majority of the players to care about Ilia, they went at it all the wrong way.
It's the same problem I have with Skyward Zelda.

Ilia appears on-screen for about 5 minutes and is shown as a horse-obsessedlover and a tsundere who will gladly lash out at her own father and Link for not treating Epona well. And she gets kidnapped... we don't see her for a long time.

She disappears off-screen for a good portion of the game. We meet her, we learn she has lost her memory... and is now obsessed worried about this Zora kid. And we're only helping him because his mom told us to, not because we care that Ilia has lost her memory or that helping him would somehow help her.

Flash-Forward to another chunk of the game, she isn't important. And yet now we get this big quest to go on to restore her memory because somehow this is supposed to help us with our plot, like she was all that important to begin with. Granted, the only good thing that comes from this is the shoot-out in the Hidden Village but I think we would've found the Hidden Village, had they let us look long enough.

And as said, the Horse Call is absolutely pointless by the time you get it. You're practically at the end of the game, you do not need to go anywhere anymore except the pen-ultimate and ultimate dungeon, and one of those you can't even get to with Epona! And even if you still had to go somewhere, like for the Golden Bugs, you could get there much faster simply by teleporting.

I'm guessing they wanted to get the player emotionally involved and have us care about her... but as I said, they went at it wrong. How am I supposed to care about this bland character I see for about 5 minutes before I'm off, being way too busy fighting monsters, solving puzzles and crawling through dungeons?

Same problem with Skyward Zelda, I just can't care for someone who I'm simply told to care about because I'm told she's my childhood friend. But the fact that I think Skyward Zelda is the worst one to be created to date is a help in not caring about her at all.

C-A

Apollon Flame

See, a lot of people bother with all the details, I just enjoy things the way they are and not bother with the details.
A King

in name

alone...

Scent wrote:
See, a lot of people bother with all the details, I just enjoy things the way they are and not bother with the details.

Why do you think I don't give a fuck about the timelines? I don't care any timelines, they don't make any sense to me, anyway. And they actually don't add anything to the game, so why should I bother trying to decipher which Zelda or Link I'm currently looking at.

It's just when something inside the game's plot does not make sense that I focus on it.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Lucy wrote:

Probably, but if they wanted majority of the players to care about Ilia, they went at it all the wrong way.
It's the same problem I have with Skyward Zelda.

Ilia appears on-screen for about 5 minutes and is shown as a horse-obsessedlover and a tsundere who will gladly lash out at her own father and Link for not treating Epona well. And she gets kidnapped... we don't see her for a long time.

She disappears off-screen for a good portion of the game. We meet her, we learn she has lost her memory... and is now obsessed worried about this Zora kid. And we're only helping him because his mom told us to, not because we care that Ilia has lost her memory or that helping him would somehow help her.

Flash-Forward to another chunk of the game, she isn't important. And yet now we get this big quest to go on to restore her memory because somehow this is supposed to help us with our plot, like she was all that important to begin with. Granted, the only good thing that comes from this is the shoot-out in the Hidden Village but I think we would've found the Hidden Village, had they let us look long enough.

And as said, the Horse Call is absolutely pointless by the time you get it. You're practically at the end of the game, you do not need to go anywhere anymore except the pen-ultimate and ultimate dungeon, and one of those you can't even get to with Epona! And even if you still had to go somewhere, like for the Golden Bugs, you could get there much faster simply by teleporting.

I'm guessing they wanted to get the player emotionally involved and have us care about her... but as I said, they went at it wrong. How am I supposed to care about this bland character I see for about 5 minutes before I'm off, being way too busy fighting monsters, solving puzzles and crawling through dungeons?

Same problem with Skyward Zelda, I just can't care for someone who I'm simply told to care about because I'm told she's my childhood friend. But the fact that I think Skyward Zelda is the worst one to be created to date is a help in not caring about her at all.

C-A

And in those first five minutes all you see is a bland character, whose personality is seen all the time. She has no character development and frankly, she seemed kind of shallow.

Now that I think about it, Skyward Zelda's character is very similar to Ilia's. It's almost as if Nintendo can't be bothered to think of anything original. But, I suppose, a character with feelings for Link and a typical personality will go down well with everyone, of course.
Within Temptation

Lucy wrote:
And in those first five minutes all you see is a bland character, whose personality is seen all the time. She has no character development and frankly, she seemed kind of shallow.

Now that I think about it, Skyward Zelda's character is very similar to Ilia's. It's almost as if Nintendo can't be bothered to think of anything original. But, I suppose, a character with feelings for Link and a typical personality will go down well with everyone, of course.

My main reason for disliking Skyward Zelda ranges from her appearance up to how useless and pointless she feels in the game.

And I disagree. I haven't met many people, but some of them do not like Skyward Zelda. My husband and I despise her. Others dislike her for other reasons, but mine is she is pointless to the game... screw it, make the girl kidnapped Peatrice, the Item Check girl, and I would totally be up in Link's court and telling him to go rescue her already!

C-A

Scent wrote:

I agree. I never really cared too much into the story line of any Zelda games,I just enjoy the beautiful artwork and the dungeon scrolling part of any Zelda game.

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
I agree. I never really cared too much into the story line of any Zelda games,I just enjoy the beautiful artwork and the dungeon scrolling part of any Zelda game.

Story? Zelda games had stories in them? Well, they probably did, but not very detailed or thoughrough ones that served as more than background information before it disappeared until it was convenient again.
That's another thing people complain about in Skyward.
The story being disappointing.
The story wasn't deep. It was basically, "There's this Goddess. And this Triforce Ultimate Power. And Demise Waaaaaants eeeeeeet Pweciousssss...! And everybody lives in the sky." And then we got to the heart of Zelda games: Puzzles, Monsters and Dungeons, Oh My!

I mean, it isn't the first time a story was set up in a Zelda game and it served no purpose. In Ocarina of Time, you hear that stupid story about the Triforce and the Goddesses and Hyrule's Creation, like, 3 or 4 times. Does it add anything? No, it explains things that you don't really care about - who cares how Ganondorf got into the Sacred Realm. For one, I can guess myself how he can do that. Two, it doesn't matter how, what matters is that he did.

C-A

PS: That's another thing with trying to make timelines in Zelda games. If they really did try to make Skyward the absolute origin story, why is the Triforce not just the Power and Wisdom part, like it was in that first Zelda game released, before Zelda II where Link, like, created the Courage part or whatever.

Apollon Flame

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
Scent wrote:

I also see into the characters and appreciate how Nintendo is slowly making more and more interesting characters.
A King

in name

alone...

CatMuto wrote:
PS: That's another thing with trying to make timelines in Zelda games. If they really did try to make Skyward the absolute origin story, why is the Triforce not just the Power and Wisdom part, like it was in that first Zelda game released, before Zelda II where Link, like, created the Courage part or whatever.

Because Link didn't create the Triforce of Courage? It was sealed away in the Great Palace so evil forces couldn't get to it.

The original game is one of the last to occur chronologically, with Zelda II taking place a couple years later.

aka Ami <3

Gonna preface this with a comic I just drew about it.

http://genoblades.deviantart.com/art/A- ... -417801957

Just beat the game with everything but the red mail. Forgot to pick it up previous to the final fight.

I concur. What held this game back was its lack of creativity. Its use of the A Link to the Past over-world? That's okay, in my book. However, there's almost nothing done with it other than some updated parts to work with current puzzles.

The bosses that were new were nice. The bosses that were old were nice. However, the re-used old bosses don't really have much more to offer, and it felt... less of a "they're back, and we tweaked them to work with the game better", and more "you remember how to defeat this guy, we're just slapping him here with updated graphics".

While we're on the subject of bosses, the last boss has a part of it that... irks me somewhat. It's the last arrow. The first arrow, we can easily figure out that shooting an arrow in the opposite direction DOESN'T work, and that to get him to stay still, we have to shoot arrows at him so he blocks it, and then we can go around. Then he starts charging, which led to the simple deduction that we're supposed to wait for him to pass us, then merge and shoot. The last one requires that you do exactly what DOESN'T work, because now it works. There's no indication of why it works now (the walls, scenery, etc. doesn't change and no one says anything about the bow gaining strength or anything), just that it does. This is a common symptom of adventure games running out of solutions, so they make up one that you will get only if you guess.

The game's difficulty curve works strangely in this game. Some dungeons are incredibly easy (the majority of second-tier dungeons), while others take incredible focus to find the mechanics of or have easily missable solutions. (Dark Palace, Ice Tower).

The plot was... well, it actually had a twist I didn't see coming.

Spoiler: LoZ:ALBW
Lethargic Link opener? Check.
Princess Zelda kidnapped? Check.
Sages? Checkaroo.
Master Sword? Check.
Finding magic macguffins in a first 3, then 6/7/8 pattern? Check.
Eleventh hour deus ex machina? Check.
Recent trend of dark anti-villain betrayed by actual villain? Check.

Oh hey, Ravio, looks like he's the routine comedic relief greedy merchant. He's kinda fun, I guess. I like his look, he looks like that thing from the recent Super Mario Bros. Wii games.

Alright, now time for Zelda to convince Hilda that she's wrong.

And... is that Ravio?

What.

I also like the fact that despite this was a top-down game, I had to think three dimensionally. Sometimes Link has to go upwards (towards me), sometimes link has to stick to walls. This was a tad annoying at times when floor/column levels weren't readily apparent, and the solution was to merge onto uneven flooring, when it looks perfectly even.

As far as it goes when it comes to dungeons. Ravio's shop took a lot of exploration and wonder out of the dungeons. While having everything accessible through the shop made it easier to understand each item, and how they'll be used in puzzles, there are some downsides. The discovery of a new item in a dungeon has purpose.

In the new dungeon in older titles, there was a clear obstruction that Link has no capabilities to cross. So you find the new item. Hooray, you can cross it! But this was the sneaky part on the part of developers: by forcing you to use the item over and over for a full dungeon (and possibly the boss fight), you get used to how the item works in puzzles. Then similar puzzles appear in later dungeons, but they are impassable. Then you get a new item! Then you have to learn how to use that item while remembering what the previous ones did.

In this title, having it right away ensures that you take as many as possible with you. I actually thought I'd discover my own versions, and not have to permanently purchase the items. Maiamai dispelled that way of thinking.

If you don't have hte right tool, you have to backtrack through the dungeon, and then go all the way back to the shop, pay the rental/purchase fee, and then go all the way back to where you were. Quite frustrating.

There's upsides and downsides, but this system could be tweaked for future installments.

All in all, an enjoyable, somewhat challenging experience. Now off to playing Persona 3 Portable (more)!

genodragon1 wrote:
If you don't have the right tool, you have to backtrack through the dungeon, and then go all the way back to the shop, pay the rental/purchase fee, and then go all the way back to where you were. Quite frustrating.

I...don't think this happened? IIRC, you couldn't even enter the dungeons that required a specific item unless you had said item; hammer posts in front of the Tower of Hera, bomb block in front of Dark Palace, hookshot points to reach Swamp Palace, etc. Even if you made it to the dungeon entrance without the required item, there was always a weather vane nearby for easy saving and warping.

aka Ami <3

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
genodragon1 wrote:
If you don't have the right tool, you have to backtrack through the dungeon, and then go all the way back to the shop, pay the rental/purchase fee, and then go all the way back to where you were. Quite frustrating.

I...don't think this happened? IIRC, you couldn't even enter the dungeons that required a specific item unless you had said item; hammer posts in front of the Tower of Hera, bomb block in front of Dark Palace, hookshot points to reach Swamp Palace, etc. Even if you made it to the dungeon entrance without the required item, there was always a weather vane nearby for easy saving and warping.

I didn't really notice them. I just went with a hoarding strategy, just in case. >_>;;

The King of All

To anyone who's played the game, how good is Link Between Worlds?
The king of all, Sir Duke

I posted my thoughts on the previous page, but to sum them up 10/10 goty go buy it

aka Ami <3

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:
I posted my thoughts on the previous page, but to sum them up 10/10 goty go buy it

Definitely worth the purchase, though I wouldn't give it a perfect score. It's a solid game, with some flaws, but at the end of the day, I believe it was money well spent.

CatMuto wrote:
Lucy wrote:

My main reason for disliking Skyward Zelda ranges from her appearance up to how useless and pointless she feels in the game.

And I disagree. I haven't met many people, but some of them do not like Skyward Zelda. My husband and I despise her. Others dislike her for other reasons, but mine is she is pointless to the game... screw it, make the girl kidnapped Peatrice, the Item Check girl, and I would totally be up in Link's court and telling him to go rescue her already!

C-A

I was being sarcastic, but I suppose I didn't express that well in text...

Anyway, I also thought Skyward Zelda was pointless, however, I think if she a little more character development, then maybe she would be more interesting. Perhaps she could admit she has feelings for Ghirahim xD
Within Temptation

Lucy wrote:
Perhaps she could admit she has feelings for Ghirahim xD

Ewww, no way, Ghirahim and Link are totally gay for each other...! And I'm not just saying that as a Yaoi Fangirl, I thin it's the truth for Skyward, ahahaha! I mean, Ghirahim obviously has a really unhealthy obsession with Link. And Link did seem to get rather used to Ghirahim touching him, sticking his tongue out at him, talking about he'd make Link's ears bleed with the sound of his own screams, and diving between his legs to appear behind him.

Seriously, they really layed on the gay between those two in that game. :gant:

Although for hetero, I would ship Skyward Link with Peatrice. But I am not a big ZeLink shipper to begin with, I never saw anything in any of the previous Zelda games, nor do I see any of it properly done in Skyward.

C-A

CatMuto wrote:
Lucy wrote:

Ewww, no way, Ghirahim and Link are totally gay for each other...! And I'm not just saying that as a Yaoi Fangirl, I thin it's the truth for Skyward, ahahaha! I mean, Ghirahim obviously has a really unhealthy obsession with Link. And Link did seem to get rather used to Ghirahim touching him, sticking his tongue out at him, talking about he'd make Link's ears bleed with the sound of his own screams, and diving between his legs to appear behind him.

Although for hetero, I would ship Skyward Link with Peatrice. But I am not a big ZeLink shipper to begin with, I never saw anything in any of the previous Zelda games, nor do I see any of it properly done in Skyward.

C-A

I suppose feelings between Ghirahim and Link are possible, but the relationship would be so...strange. It would be interesting to see how it would work out, what with Ghirahim being an enemy and all.
Within Temptation

Apollon Flame

Lucy wrote:
CatMuto wrote:
Lucy wrote:

C-A

I suppose feelings between Ghirahim and Link are possible, but the relationship would be so...strange. It would be interesting to see how it would work out, what with Ghirahim being an enemy and all.

Ghirahim's a masochist, he liked being used by Demise. :v
A King

in name

alone...

Lucy wrote:

Oh I do not really think that love could blossom between Ghirahim and Link. As said, Ghirahim has an obvious and unhealthy obsession with Link. And Link may end up as a pet or slave, but get stockholm syndrome or his mind broken so much that he starts to enjoy... whatever Ghirahim will do to him. Heck, In Too Deep is a nice fanfic about Link getting emotionally attached to Ghirahim.

Ghirahim is the masochist? Scent, what makes you think that? I mean, he obviously is the sadist. He constantly longs for bloodshed and enjoys the idea of torturing and hurting Link, making him deaf with his own screams~

C-A

Apollon Flame

CatMuto wrote:
Lucy wrote:

Oh I do not really think that love could blossom between Ghirahim and Link. As said, Ghirahim has an obvious and unhealthy obsession with Link. And Link may end up as a pet or slave, but get stockholm syndrome or his mind broken so much that he starts to enjoy... whatever Ghirahim will do to him. Heck, In Too Deep is a nice fanfic about Link getting emotionally attached to Ghirahim.

Ghirahim is the masochist? Scent, what makes you think that? I mean, he obviously is the sadist. He constantly longs for bloodshed and enjoys the idea of torturing and hurting Link, making him deaf with his own screams~

C-A

He liked being used by Demise, a strong and bulky god, pressuring the hilt of his sword (which God knows what part of Ghirahim's body represents the hilt). But yeah, I think Ghirahim enjoyed more being a sword than an actual being because he can savor the blood more as a blade, seeing as how he directly goes through people's bodies and can see the action close and personal.
A King

in name

alone...

Glorious.

Apollon Flame

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Cool... I guess. '_'

Have any of you listened to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFA4j2K1eRk
A King

in name

alone...

Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

I agree all the way!

Gettin' Old!

Scent wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Cool... I guess. '_'

Not bad, would be better as a rap I think
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Apollon Flame

Pierre wrote:
Scent wrote:
Franzise Deauxnim wrote:

Cool... I guess. '_'

Not bad, would be better as a rap I think

. . .
'_'
Really?
A King

in name

alone...

Gettin' Old!

I don't much like rap XD but I like light little soft female singing voices less :kristoph:
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Apollon Flame

Pierre wrote:
I don't much like rap XD but I like light little soft female singing voices less :kristoph:

OH LOL I guess you don't like Ke$sha much, then. xDD
A King

in name

alone...

Gettin' Old!

Scent wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Who's that?

Also how about that Hyrule Warriors game?

I swear someone at Nintendo is just rolling dice with franchise names on them and making a crossover as they go.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Pierre wrote:
Scent wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Who's that?

I swear someone at Nintendo is just rolling dice with franchise names on them and making a crossover as they go.

I never really liked Dynasty warriors so im alittle afraid on how the game is gonna play out :nick-sweat:

Apollon Flame

Pierre wrote:
Scent wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Who's that?

Ke$sha

Pierre wrote:
Scent wrote:
Pierre wrote:

Meh, it's definitely worth a try.

Shelly_De_Killer wrote:
I never really liked Dynasty warriors so im alittle afraid on how the game is gonna play out :nick-sweat:

It's Nintendo putting out one of their game-selling icons into a different sort of genre, they won't do it wrong, they're going to do something to make it a worthwhile experience.
A King

in name

alone...

Oh my God, I just saw this post on my friend's tumblr! I find this hilarious! Oh my God, Ahahahahahaha!

As for that Dynasty Warrior-Zelda game... to be honest, when I saw screenshots of it, I thought those were simply mods for the Dynasty Warrior game. But it's actually real. Well, it looks kinda cool... but I'll wait to see more of it before I decide whether it's a game worth fighting for.

C-A

Gettin' Old!

CatMuto wrote:
Oh my God, I just saw this post on my friend's tumblr! I find this hilarious! Oh my God, Ahahahahahaha!

As for that Dynasty Warrior-Zelda game... to be honest, when I saw screenshots of it, I thought those were simply mods for the Dynasty Warrior game. But it's actually real. Well, it looks kinda cool... but I'll wait to see more of it before I decide whether it's a game worth fighting for.

C-A

Yeah I'm quite a fan of both franchises so it's interesting for sure. Though I do think they'll run out of characters, unless their emphasis is on different loadouts and tools for link in battle changing his playstyle rather than multiple characters.

Of course playable Ganondorf would be excellent.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Only thing I'll complain about is that blue scarf. OmG, it like so totally doesn't fit him. Make it gold or so, just something that blends with his green attire.

C-A
Page 10 of 32 [ 1245 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 32  Next

Board index » Non Phoenix Wright » Police Station