This character was requested on DeviantART by a user, but I thought as it was an Ace Attorney sprite she wanted, I'll upload it here
SuperAj3's Sprites!
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
New Sprite!

This character was requested on DeviantART by a user, but I thought as it was an Ace Attorney sprite she wanted, I'll upload it here
This character was requested on DeviantART by a user, but I thought as it was an Ace Attorney sprite she wanted, I'll upload it here
-
mercurialSK
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 214
- Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
- Contact:
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
Oh, the shading on the shirt is nice, if a bit confusing around the chest. The sleeves are cute and the hair is pretty. The eyes appear a little blank since there's no real light in them, not sure if that's what you're going for. Is it referenced off anything?
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
This was the reference I worked off: linkmercurialSK wrote:Oh, the shading on the shirt is nice, if a bit confusing around the chest. The sleeves are cute and the hair is pretty. The eyes appear a little blank since there's no real light in them, not sure if that's what you're going for. Is it referenced off anything?
It was hard to draw from scratch, so I can only get better! (I find it easier to place each pixel separately rather than draw the image, hand drawing with a tablet, then trying to convert to sprite is hard for me, so I just use my mouse and place each pixel.)
-
mercurialSK
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 214
- Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
- Contact:
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
Oh, I see.
Heh, I agree. But recently my speedspriting method involves using the brush tool to paint a quick base, converting, then placing pixels one at a time. How long does it take you to do a sprite with your method?SuperAj3 wrote:(I find it easier to place each pixel separately rather than draw the image, hand drawing with a tablet, then trying to convert to sprite is hard for me, so I just use my mouse and place each pixel.)
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
About 2 hours or so. This last one was on and off, so it was around 3 hours. (I haven't actually seen how long I take when I sprite haha, but I know roughly the start and ending times.)mercurialSK wrote:How long does it take you to do a sprite with your method?
-
mercurialSK
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 214
- Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
- Contact:
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
Cool. That's pretty quick. Less than half the time of mine.
Congrats on 500 posts!
Congrats on 500 posts!
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
Haha, I just realised I had made 500 hahamercurialSK wrote:Cool. That's pretty quick. Less than half the time of mine.
Congrats on 500 posts!
-
ApolloGrimoire
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 272
- Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:16 pm
- Custom Title: Seasoned Animator
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
Why?
I think it looks fantastic!
I think it looks fantastic!
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
A new Sprite!!!
This one was done completely differently to how I usually make my sprites, and that is I drew this with my tablet at this size, then scaled down the colours. I think this method'll be the best for the future. (I kinda started off easy with AJ Nick)

This one was done completely differently to how I usually make my sprites, and that is I drew this with my tablet at this size, then scaled down the colours. I think this method'll be the best for the future. (I kinda started off easy with AJ Nick)

-
Yash K. Productions
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1496
- Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm
- Custom Title: Atuyhan Ihdamdhas
- Location: Tehm'pul Temple
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
Hey, since Rajin left C-R, do you think you can do an entire Athena sheet? (Including the "Gah!) I could use it for my fangame.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
I'm kind of busy at the moment with things outside, so I may not have time to, but if I could find some screens of Athena's emotions (I may have to look at playthroughs for her animations), I might try one or two.GyakutenFanatic wrote:Hey, since Rajin left C-R, do you think you can do an entire Athena sheet? (Including the "Gah!) I could use it for my fangame.
-
Nearavex
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 787
- Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm
- Custom Title: Y'know
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
You've made great job on the head, but something about the way his clothes look is weird...SuperAj3 wrote:A new Sprite!!!
This one was done completely differently to how I usually make my sprites, and that is I drew this with my tablet at this size, then scaled down the colours. I think this method'll be the best for the future. (I kinda started off easy with AJ Nick)
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
Thanks! I think the shading looks odd. I tried to base it off of his side-bench sprites in AJ, but that's not facing the same direction as AAI characters do.Nearavex wrote:You've made great job on the head, but something about the way his clothes look is weird...SuperAj3 wrote:A new Sprite!!!
This one was done completely differently to how I usually make my sprites, and that is I drew this with my tablet at this size, then scaled down the colours. I think this method'll be the best for the future. (I kinda started off easy with AJ Nick)
-
Yash K. Productions
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1496
- Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm
- Custom Title: Atuyhan Ihdamdhas
- Location: Tehm'pul Temple
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
I can take some screencaps on Miiverse then rip them from my computer, then I can send them to you.SuperAj3 wrote:I'm kind of busy at the moment with things outside, so I may not have time to, but if I could find some screens of Athena's emotions (I may have to look at playthroughs for her animations), I might try one or two.GyakutenFanatic wrote:Hey, since Rajin left C-R, do you think you can do an entire Athena sheet? (Including the "Gah!) I could use it for my fangame.
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
That's actually a smart idea! I can do that myself, don't worry, thanks for offering!GyakutenFanatic wrote:I can take some screencaps on Miiverse then rip them from my computer, then I can send them to you.SuperAj3 wrote:I'm kind of busy at the moment with things outside, so I may not have time to, but if I could find some screens of Athena's emotions (I may have to look at playthroughs for her animations), I might try one or two.GyakutenFanatic wrote:Hey, since Rajin left C-R, do you think you can do an entire Athena sheet? (Including the "Gah!) I could use it for my fangame.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
New OC!
This is an OC I made, who is a band member, and sports a Phony Phanty shirt:

This is an OC I made, who is a band member, and sports a Phony Phanty shirt:

Last edited by SuperAj3 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Anyare
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 100
- Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:02 pm
- Custom Title: Pixel Artist
- Location: Shadow Realm
Re: SuperAj3's sprites NEW! 16/3/2014
Wow. I can really see the improvement from your old works and your new ones. Keep it up!
You might want to anti-alias though. Smoothen the sharp edges a bit. Just a suggestion. (
)
I really like this one though. So much work for that one animation!SuperAj3 wrote:
You might want to anti-alias though. Smoothen the sharp edges a bit. Just a suggestion. (
-
mercurialSK
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 214
- Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
- Contact:
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
Heh, that's very nice. The shading on the arm really makes it and the Phanty looks pretty good. Perhaps there could be more contrast in the shades of the hair? It's a little too subtle.SuperAj3 wrote:New OC!
This is an OC I made, who is a band member, and sports a Phony Phanty shirt:
Edit: I take it's an AAI sprite? I'm not sure on the correct positioning for those but it looks a little too much in the centre...
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
Thanks a bunch! It is an AAI sprite, I just centre the sprite for animations, if I use it in a fan game (Which I might), I'll move the character more to the side. (Is that what you mean by too much in the centre?) As for hair shading, it took a while getting the colours to look right, I'll add some more contrast to it and see how it turns out! (I also need to fix his chin/mouth a little.)mercurialSK wrote: Heh, that's very nice. The shading on the arm really makes it and the Phanty looks pretty good. Perhaps there could be more contrast in the shades of the hair? It's a little too subtle.
Edit: I take it's an AAI sprite? I'm not sure on the correct positioning for those but it looks a little too much in the centre...
EDIT: On that note, how about this? (I also animated him talking)


ThanksAnyare wrote: I really like this one though. So much work for that one animation!
You might want to anti-alias though. Smoothen the sharp edges a bit. Just a suggestion. ()
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites NEW! 16/3/2014
New Pose:

I'm planning on touching this one up when I animate it, but I thought I'd post a still. (Trying to keep the character looking consistent with each pose is difficult!)

I'm planning on touching this one up when I animate it, but I thought I'd post a still. (Trying to keep the character looking consistent with each pose is difficult!)
-
mercurialSK
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 214
- Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
- Contact:
Re: SuperAj3's sprites NEW! 16/3/2014
It helps if you draw up some references for yourself.SuperAj3 wrote:(Trying to keep the character looking consistent with each pose is difficult!)
With a pose like that, I wonder what animation it could be...
-
Mary Faraday
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1230
- Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:38 pm
- Custom Title: Mrs. Jeon Jungkook ♥
- Location: Austria
Re: SuperAj3's sprites NEW! 16/3/2014
Yep, they look good, especially those smileys are so cute!
Hope to see more, keep up the good work!
Hope to see more, keep up the good work!
The beginning was quite fun, just with all the ups and downs
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions
But suddenly, we’re tired, from a waste of meaningless emotions
시작은 뭐 즐거웠었네 오르락내리락 그 자체로 어느새 서로 지쳐버렸네 의미 없는 감정소모에
Trivia 轉 : Seesaw
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites NEW! 16/3/2014
You're in luck! (But it's not all that special haha)mercurialSK wrote: With a pose like that, I wonder what animation it could be...
Updated pose for Dimitri:
EDIT: Accidentally deleted 2nd pose when updating my photobucket
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
Ropfa
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
- Custom Title: Dracarys!
- Location: In a courtroom, for some reason
Re: SuperAj3's sprites NEW! 16/3/2014
Hmm... In that left one, the wrist kind of jerks down as he brings his arm up. When he does that, it bends at a weird angle. It looks a bit like it's being dislocated.SuperAj3 wrote:Updated pose for Dimitri:
![]()
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites NEW! 16/3/2014
I wanted to make it like he was shaking his bracelet out of the way haha (like a mannerism)Ropfa wrote:Hmm... In that left one, the wrist kind of jerks down as he brings his arm up. When he does that, it bends at a weird angle. It looks a bit like it's being dislocated.SuperAj3 wrote:Updated pose for Dimitri:
![]()

Which one looks better as a start- up animation?
EDIT: After 4 hours of work, I've designed and sprited a new OC!

He's the lead of the band the "Guilt Trips" and Dimitri's senior. (Dimitri is the pink haired one above)
-
Hesseldahl
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 327
- Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
- Custom Title: Scratch spriter
- Location: Mexico
- Contact:
Re: AJ's Sprites! - New OC!
I really like the Maggey Byrde oneSuperAj3 wrote:Bump.
I found a bunch of old edits/sprites I made back in 2010 I thought I'd like to add here:Spoiler: OLD Works
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: AJ's Sprites! - New OC!
This isn't so much a sprite, but it is a WIP scene from my fangame. (I've made it DS size, but if there's anything out of place in terms of anatomy of the room and the victim, please comment. Things like finer details and shading will be added, they'll just take a lot longer than some initial outlines and colours.)
Spoiler: Murder scene
-
Hesseldahl
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 327
- Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
- Custom Title: Scratch spriter
- Location: Mexico
- Contact:
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
I really like Dimitri, It´s pretty original compared to a lot of OC´s here so i make a drawing, i want to know if i can upload this to my DA pageSuperAj3 wrote:New OC!
This is an OC I made, who is a band member, and sports a Phony Phanty shirt:
Spoiler: Dimitri Bastiel
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
That's totally Awesome!Hesseldahl wrote:I really like Dimitri, It´s pretty original compared to a lot of OC´s here so i make a drawing, i want to know if i can upload this to my DA pageSuperAj3 wrote:New OC!
This is an OC I made, who is a band member, and sports a Phony Phanty shirt:
I hope you like itSpoiler: Dimitri Bastiel
Sure you can upload it! Thanks for liking the character design!
-
Hesseldahl
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 327
- Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 am
- Custom Title: Scratch spriter
- Location: Mexico
- Contact:
Re: SuperAj3's sprites
I´m glad you like it!SuperAj3 wrote:That's totally Awesome!Hesseldahl wrote:I really like Dimitri, It´s pretty original compared to a lot of OC´s here so i make a drawing, i want to know if i can upload this to my DA pageSuperAj3 wrote:New OC!
This is an OC I made, who is a band member, and sports a Phony Phanty shirt:
I hope you like itSpoiler: Dimitri BastielI love it!
Sure you can upload it! Thanks for liking the character design!
-
TheDoctor
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 926
- Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm
- Custom Title: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...
Re: AJ's Sprites! - New OC!
The von Karma recolors are pretty sweet. Any chance for a full set?SuperAj3 wrote:Bump.
I found a bunch of old edits/sprites I made back in 2010 I thought I'd like to add here:Spoiler: OLD Works
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: AJ's Sprites! - New OC!
These were back when I was beginning to sprite, so I never made the full set, but I can recolour the other sprites some time soon!TheDoctor wrote:The von Karma recolors are pretty sweet. Any chance for a full set?
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAJ3's Sprites! (Update 6/6/14)
Another OC!

I've seen a few OC's attempt the afro, so I gave it a shot. (Those are drumsticks sticking out btw, it's convenient, no?
)
Any comments/criticisms are welcome!
I've seen a few OC's attempt the afro, so I gave it a shot. (Those are drumsticks sticking out btw, it's convenient, no?
Any comments/criticisms are welcome!
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAJ3's Sprites! (Update 6/6/14)
This was requested more than once, and at first I wasn't sure how to do it, but it actually came out nicely! I'm working on fixing the bench transition now.
Full Courtroom revamp with transition:
Also, I'm in the process of trying to remake the main characters' DS sprites using their HD sprites, I think I've found a working method (I'm also filling in the blank frames on the HD sprites as well, so if I finish a character, I'll add their HD sprite missing frames):


EDIT: More in 1st post on Page 1
Full Courtroom revamp with transition:
Spoiler:


EDIT: More in 1st post on Page 1
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
mercurialSK
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 214
- Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
- Contact:
Re: SuperAJ3's Sprites! (Update 6/6/14)
Wow, they look really good. It looks a little like the sprites might have a few too many colours since they're really smooth, but that's not really too big of an issue. The courtroom's come out really nicely as well. Awesome work.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: SuperAJ3's Sprites! (Update 6/6/14)
Thanks!mercurialSK wrote:Wow, they look really good. It looks a little like the sprites might have a few too many colours since they're really smooth, but that's not really too big of an issue. The courtroom's come out really nicely as well. Awesome work.
And yeah, the HD sprites when shrunk do have a lot of colours in the blending between the shades. These could be good for cases with all HD characters.
I'll try to finish as much of Maya tonight, I've got a bunch of free time now
















