SuperAj3's Sprites!
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Here's what I've done of Maya at the moment.
All of them have required me to draw extra frames (I'm surprised just how incomplete the HD sprites were. They cut corners as much as possible). Most are for the blinking, but her nod animation was missing an entire frame, so that mid-bow was drawn in:
AlbumHERE
All of them have required me to draw extra frames (I'm surprised just how incomplete the HD sprites were. They cut corners as much as possible). Most are for the blinking, but her nod animation was missing an entire frame, so that mid-bow was drawn in:
AlbumHERE
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
-
Nearavex
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 787
- Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm
- Custom Title: Y'know
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Great job on these, they look really great =D
My only nitpick might be the timings, though. They are waay slower from the original, in some cases, which I can't say I'm sure is a good thing.
My only nitpick might be the timings, though. They are waay slower from the original, in some cases, which I can't say I'm sure is a good thing.
-
jmkrebs30
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 104
- Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:23 am
- Contact:
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Now these are amazing. Excellent job! 
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Thanks!
I've sped them up, and fixed all the links in this page!Nearavex wrote:My only nitpick might be the timings, though. They are waay slower from the original, in some cases, which I can't say I'm sure is a good thing.
-
Nearavex
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 787
- Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm
- Custom Title: Y'know
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Started working on Athena Court sprites!
Here's also a comparison:

For consistency, I'm following Rajin's art style, and how he had made them, in order for those needing both front and court sprites of Athena to be consistent.(The individual sprite is a little more updated than the one in the comparison.)
Here's also a comparison:

-
venser
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 165
- Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:35 am
- Custom Title: Can I hear an "Objection!"?
- Location: Britannia
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Hurray! We finally have someone working on finishing Athena's court sprites! The preview sprite you made looks awesome, and I cannot wait to see the rest of her court sprites!
No hurry though...
Mr. Edgeworth, do you realize if we played by the rules, we'd be in court right now?

(My father spent three years restoring this car...)
-
Yash K. Productions
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1496
- Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:04 pm
- Custom Title: Atuyhan Ihdamdhas
- Location: Tehm'pul Temple
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
At last! Now I can use these for my fangame once they're done (With credit, of course!) 
POHLKUNKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
-
neoartimus
- Suspect

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:23 am
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Looks great so far! You'll make so many people happy if you manage to finish them, I know tons of people who have been dying for the new DD characters in sprite form. Don't rush perfection, though 
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Oh... OH!... My smileys are now on the list! thena-hair justice junie taka tonate
Those first 5 don't have the ": :" on either end so be careful with works like "Justice" because typing it normally pops up like this justice
Those first 5 don't have the ": :" on either end so be careful with works like "Justice" because typing it normally pops up like this justice
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
I was procrastinating from study, and took one of the sprite requests I thought'd be interesting, so here's Edgeworth's "emo" (according to the CR animations page) pose in AAI!

This needs a little touching up, which I'll do when I animate it later.
EDIT: Corrected the pose (I'll keep the old one here too.)


This needs a little touching up, which I'll do when I animate it later.
EDIT: Corrected the pose (I'll keep the old one here too.)

-
GamerHomer1909
- Suspect

- Posts: 49
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 4:23 am
- Location: On my computer.
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!

It looks great, but somethings not right...
I'm pretty sure you notice as well(I think.
When I look at the arm, there is a strange cut-in right there at the end of the arm and makes it look awkward.
I'm just pointing it out right now.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Yeah, this was just a quick fix to the sprite XD Thanks for pointing it out! (I'm trying out a new method in photoshop with AAI sprites, and this was my little test XD)GamerHomer1909 wrote:
It looks great, but somethings not right...
I'm pretty sure you notice as well(I think.), but his arm is weird looking and its also kinda skinny when you look at it.
When I look at the arm, there is a strange cut-in right there at the end of the arm and makes it look awkward.
I'm just pointing it out right now.
-
GamerHomer1909
- Suspect

- Posts: 49
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 4:23 am
- Location: On my computer.
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
A new method? I'd say your doing great on it!Mijumaru wrote:(I'm trying out a new method in photoshop with AAI sprites, and this was my little test XD)
Oh yeah, and Edgeworth's mouth shows teeth a little(Just being more detailed, almost feel like a von karma

-
mercurialSK
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 214
- Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
- Contact:
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
I honestly like this one more just because it looks better for the angle. The way it looks is more important than the accuracy, even in canon. (Just ask Apollo about the way he crosses his arms.)Mijumaru wrote:
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
I think that version shows off the pose better XD (Apollo's arms? Does he cross them differently from AJ to DD?). I've just noticed Edgeworth objects with his right arm in the PW games, but with his left in AAI, so the arm he uses maybe doesn't matter? Either way, there are both versions for people to use! (I'll fix both up when I have a slot of free time.)mercurialSK wrote:I honestly like this one more just because it looks better for the angle. The way it looks is more important than the accuracy, even in canon. (Just ask Apollo about the way he crosses his arms.)Mijumaru wrote:
-
Nearavex
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 787
- Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:51 pm
- Custom Title: Y'know
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
I still think something just doesn't look right about it. Hm, maybe I'll try drawing it on paper or something, if you want?
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Sure! Any help's good help!Nearavex wrote:I still think something just doesn't look right about it. Hm, maybe I'll try drawing it on paper or something, if you want?
-
GamerHomer1909
- Suspect

- Posts: 49
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 4:23 am
- Location: On my computer.
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
NICE JOB! That's some awesome looking sprites! It does look better that way.Mijumaru wrote:Here's a more revised and animated version:
![]()
And oh yeah, remember you made these back a while ago?


I was thinking on making an overview of the court, aid stand, and the judge's seat in AAI or GK style. You know what I mean right?
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Thanks! And you mean like this?:GamerHomer1909 wrote: NICE JOB! That's some awesome looking sprites! It does look better that way.
And oh yeah, remember you made these back a while ago?
I was thinking on making an overview of the court, aid stand, and the judge's seat in AAI or GK style. You know what I mean right?

If you wanted, you could get away with using the AJ one.
-
GamerHomer1909
- Suspect

- Posts: 49
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 4:23 am
- Location: On my computer.
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
I would do that, but I'd got an idea.Mijumaru wrote: Thanks! And you mean like this?:
If you wanted, you could get away with using the AJ one.
What if I use the background of this:

and make it a aide background with some edits.
And then this:

to make make it more AAI or GK like you know? (I can tell you right now my head hurts from thinking.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
The AAI Prosecutor's bench could probably work as an aide's bench as is. Maybe just copy the Aide's actual bench part.
I do understand you though! You want AAI styled aide's benches and a Judge's bench for the Frontward facing sprites (The PW ones)? As well as the overview. (I'm not on a computer right now, so I can't make a mockup to help, sorry.)
I do understand you though! You want AAI styled aide's benches and a Judge's bench for the Frontward facing sprites (The PW ones)? As well as the overview. (I'm not on a computer right now, so I can't make a mockup to help, sorry.)
-
GamerHomer1909
- Suspect

- Posts: 49
- Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 4:23 am
- Location: On my computer.
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Yep, that's basically what I'm saying.
Edit: I got a another idea, and it's easier. (maybe...)
Edit: I got a another idea, and it's easier. (maybe...)
-
Internetakias
- Suspect

- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:55 am
- Custom Title: Ace Procrastinator
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Maybe it's just me, but it looks like his hair should be drawn from a higher viewing angle and tilted a bit to the leftMijumaru wrote:Here's a more revised and animated version:
![]()
I'd also suggest to make the hand smaller. Miles's hands are pretty big, but not that big.
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Thanks for the suggestions! I think it's too late for me to edit these in terms of changing sizes, but I'll try touching them up when I get the chance.Internetakias wrote:Maybe it's just me, but it looks like his hair should be drawn from a higher viewing angle and tilted a bit to the leftMijumaru wrote:Here's a more revised and animated version:
![]()
I'd also suggest to make the hand smaller. Miles's hands are pretty big, but not that big.
Also...
My entries to the OC competition are finally finished! Have at you!
Spoiler: Character 1
Spoiler: Character 2
Spoiler: Character 3
-
BlackquillSilence
- Suspect

- Posts: 14
- Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:51 am
- Custom Title: Silence, forumer-dono!~
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
[quote="Mijumaru"][/quote]
I would just like to say that you are an absolutely amazing sprite maker and artist, you should be very proud.
I would just like to say that you are an absolutely amazing sprite maker and artist, you should be very proud.
-
venser
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 165
- Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:35 am
- Custom Title: Can I hear an "Objection!"?
- Location: Britannia
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Awesome! Glad to finally see all the poses for those characters, great sprite work.
I must ask though... does someone actually throw a bucket of water at Dimitri's face (assuming these in used in a game of sorts) or is it just part of a comical breakdown similar to the items that fall on the culprit in GK2-1? Because if it is the former, I would be interested in seeing that scene's preceding conversation.

I must ask though... does someone actually throw a bucket of water at Dimitri's face (assuming these in used in a game of sorts) or is it just part of a comical breakdown similar to the items that fall on the culprit in GK2-1? Because if it is the former, I would be interested in seeing that scene's preceding conversation.
Mr. Edgeworth, do you realize if we played by the rules, we'd be in court right now?

(My father spent three years restoring this car...)
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Glad you like them! The reason for that animation will be made clear in my fan case that I'm making with these charactersvenser wrote:Awesome! Glad to finally see all the poses for those characters, great sprite work.
I must ask though... does someone actually throw a bucket of water at Dimitri's face (assuming these in used in a game of sorts) or is it just part of a comical breakdown similar to the items that fall on the culprit in GK2-1? Because if it is the former, I would be interested in seeing that scene's preceding conversation.
Thanks so much!BlackquillSilence wrote: I would just like to say that you are an absolutely amazing sprite maker and artist, you should be very proud.
-
Ucha Nekome
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 296
- Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:43 am
- Custom Title: The law is full of contradictions.
- Location: LAokio
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
I'm planning a web series for Phoenix Wright in the same vain as Turnabout Storm only All Phoenix Wright. It takes place after DD so as you can imagine I need a sprite maker. But it's your choice if you want to accept. Here's the information about it below.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 10&t=30688
I'll give you some time to respond. I really like your Athena sprite so I'm hoping beyond hope that you'll help me out. But as I said that's your choice.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 10&t=30688
I'll give you some time to respond. I really like your Athena sprite so I'm hoping beyond hope that you'll help me out. But as I said that's your choice.
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
If it's just Athena sprites you need, they're my next intended set of sprites, and they're for everyone, so feel free to use them when I've finished making them! (I haven't picked them up since before the OC competition, but I will sometime soon get around to starting them again.)Ucha Nekome wrote:I'm planning a web series for Phoenix Wright in the same vain as Turnabout Storm only All Phoenix Wright. It takes place after DD so as you can imagine I need a sprite maker. But it's your choice if you want to accept. Here's the information about it below.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 10&t=30688
I'll give you some time to respond. I really like your Athena sprite so I'm hoping beyond hope that you'll help me out. But as I said that's your choice.
What other sprites do you need? I'm now getting into the middle of my Uni semester, so I'll be quite busy, but I'll see what you need sprites for before making my decision
-
Ucha Nekome
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 296
- Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:43 am
- Custom Title: The law is full of contradictions.
- Location: LAokio
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Ok...I need Phoenix Post DD courtroom sprites (you know with the suit), some forward facing sprites of him as well... and Apollo forward facing sprites and that's fine for now. However if your busy that's perfectly all right. I need to write the script first. As of right now me and my sister are in the scripting process which might take a month to three months to complete the first case alone. So, no hurry. But as I said before if you don't want to do it you don't have to. It's just as far as I can tell you are one of the best at making sprites here.Mijumaru wrote:If it's just Athena sprites you need, they're my next intended set of sprites, and they're for everyone, so feel free to use them when I've finished making them! (I haven't picked them up since before the OC competition, but I will sometime soon get around to starting them again.)Ucha Nekome wrote:I'm planning a web series for Phoenix Wright in the same vain as Turnabout Storm only All Phoenix Wright. It takes place after DD so as you can imagine I need a sprite maker. But it's your choice if you want to accept. Here's the information about it below.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 10&t=30688
I'll give you some time to respond. I really like your Athena sprite so I'm hoping beyond hope that you'll help me out. But as I said that's your choice.
What other sprites do you need? I'm now getting into the middle of my Uni semester, so I'll be quite busy, but I'll see what you need sprites for before making my decision
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"
-
ApolloGrimoire
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 272
- Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:16 pm
- Custom Title: Seasoned Animator
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Like the creator of Final Fantasy, I'm better at telling a story.
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter
If you need help animating Ace Attorney sprite sheets, I'm your man.
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Project Justice - Co-developed with Hesseldahl
Case 1 - Nursing the Turnabout: Trial Former, Trial Latter
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Oh hey, thanks!
@Ucha Nekome: (The DD Phoenix sprites were already made by a member named 'Rajin', and that link seems to have a good base for sprites!)
-
Ucha Nekome
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 296
- Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:43 am
- Custom Title: The law is full of contradictions.
- Location: LAokio
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Oh wow thank you! You really helped me out there! Ok then scratch that...Other than the Athena sprites I would like some Courtroom and non courtroom Simon and Juniper ones.
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Hmm... When do you need them? Each pose takes me about 4-5 hours to do, then maybe 1/2 - 1hr to animate, so I can't say I can do all them quickly. I'll see how long it takes me to finish off Athena's sprites first. Is that alright? Don't worry, I've had another request for Blackquill, so I'll try to see what I can get done!Ucha Nekome wrote:Oh wow thank you! You really helped me out there! Ok then scratch that...Other than the Athena sprites I would like some Courtroom and non courtroom Simon and Juniper ones.
-
Ucha Nekome
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 296
- Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:43 am
- Custom Title: The law is full of contradictions.
- Location: LAokio
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
No hurry, just take your time. I'd rather have good sprites you've taken your time on then rushed ones. Another thing is if you're busy feel free to get what you need done first. I still need to find voice actors and other things. So don't worry and take your time. :)Mijumaru wrote:Hmm... When do you need them? Each pose takes me about 4-5 hours to do, then maybe 1/2 - 1hr to animate, so I can't say I can do all them quickly. I'll see how long it takes me to finish off Athena's sprites first. Is that alright? Don't worry, I've had another request for Blackquill, so I'll try to see what I can get done!Ucha Nekome wrote:Oh wow thank you! You really helped me out there! Ok then scratch that...Other than the Athena sprites I would like some Courtroom and non courtroom Simon and Juniper ones.
"Follow Your heart out of the darkness! Stand up and rise from the ashes! Back to the start, far from the madness. Come alive again! Break off the chains of hesitation! Your voice will be your salvation! Look to the light of liberation waiting at the end!"
-
Internetakias
- Suspect

- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:55 am
- Custom Title: Ace Procrastinator
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
I looked at this bigger version of your Dimitri OC a few moments ago and I realized the the head looks a bit off considering the angle it's drawn from, so I looked up some references of how real life people look from this angle. Hope this helps!
Spoiler: Second image is really big
-
SuperAj3
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3288
- Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
- Custom Title: Art Person
- Location: Making Sprites
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
Thanks! Although I'm not really able to see the issue with it, but I'll take this into mind for future sprites/art!Internetakias wrote:I looked at this bigger version of your Dimitri OC a few moments ago and I realized the the head looks a bit off considering the angle it's drawn from, so I looked up some references of how real life people look from this angle. Hope this helps!
-
Internetakias
- Suspect

- Posts: 36
- Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:55 am
- Custom Title: Ace Procrastinator
Re: Mijumaru's Sprites!
For starters, I think the cheekbones should be a tiny bit more prominent and the chin should be more flat and angled a bit higher, I guess? Kind of hard to put it into words.Mijumaru wrote:Thanks! Although I'm not really able to see the issue with it, but I'll take this into mind for future sprites/art!Internetakias wrote:I looked at this bigger version of your Dimitri OC a few moments ago and I realized the the head looks a bit off considering the angle it's drawn from, so I looked up some references of how real life people look from this angle. Hope this helps!










