Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Fan run trials, both serious and not so much.
Post Reply
Little_Thief
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:34 pm
Custom Title: Prolific Writer

Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by Little_Thief »

Greetings one and all, and welcome to Spirit's Turnabout. All who are interested may come here and apply for a role in this most perplexing and supernatural tale.

Story Recap:

Two Kurain nuns, Sister Ember and Sister Myst, take the Special Course together at Hazakura Temple, supervised by Sister Iris. When the training is over, Sister Myst is mysteriously found dead. There was a sign of a struggle, but besides unnaturally pale skin, her body is in perfect condition.

Soon after, Sister Ember is brought before a tribunal of spirits for using forbidden powers to kill a fellow nun. If found guilty, she will be sentenced to an existence in-between life and death. But is it what she deserves?

Cast:

Judge: Ami Fey :ami:

Founder of the Kurain Channeling Technique. She is very wise and knowledgeable, an ideal judge.

Defendant: Sister Ember of Hazakura Temple (Played by Little_Thief)

A Kurain nun who was initiated into the Kurain sisterhood the month prior, even though she is but twelve years old. She has been accused by the spirits for this foul deed, and is currently in Ami Fey's custody.

Victim: Sister Myst of Hazakura Temple

Another young Kurain nun who grew up with Sister Ember in Kurain Village. What motive would Ember have to kill her...?

Defense Attorney: Mia Fey :mia: (played by hinata2000100)

A famous defense attorney who pursued many a difficult case, ultimately leading to her death. Now that she has been summoned by her distant ancestor, can she brush aside her biases and fight for the truth?

Prosecutor: Manfred von Karma :karma: (played by JabberwockSlayer)

In life, he was the perfect prosecutor, only losing twice in his whole career. Now that Ami Fey has summoned him to preside over this trial, will his perfection carry on in his death?

Witnesses:

Sister Iris Hawthorne :ayame: (TruthHurts2.0's second choice)

A veteran Kurain nun who has very little spiritual talents. She was supervising Sister Ember and Sister Myst at the time of the murder, and is the only witness who isn't a spirit.

Dahlia Hawthorne :delilah-hair: (Detective Luke Atmey's second choice)

Sister Iris' spiteful twin sister. Hanged eight years ago on the charge of murder, and harbors a deep grudge against the Kurain.

Terry Fawles :onamida:

A naïve, tragic man who killed himself over his love for Dahlia. Just like in life, he seems a bit unsure of himself about what happened.

Dr. Turner Grey :grey: (Played by Detective Badd)

A grumpy doctor with a terrible bedside manner and bad luck with the weather. He was killed by Mimi Miney, and the current Kurain Master, Maya Fey, was framed for his murder.

Jury:

This is going to be an optional position, and it won't be carried out if not enough people join it. Basically, the tribunal of spirits are all characters who were previous victims in the Phoenix Wright games (excluding the witnesses and the judge). Anyone from Cindy Stone to Ka-Shi Nou is playable in this category, but only if enough people want the position. Their job will be to work with Ami Fey towards reaching a verdict.

On Jury so far:

Neil Marshall :neil2: (Played by Detective Luke Atmey)

Ini Miney :ini: (Played by TruthHurts2.0)

Byrne Faraday (Played by Edgeworth1001)

Now with all that out of the way, the casting call for Spirit's Turnabout is now open. Let's get right to it.

Oh, and one more thing. If you're going to have an OC take up the defense or the prosecution, be sure to give a brief bio of the character (name, personality, etc.). Also, if you have any other questions, feel free to post them here or PM me. Alright, let's get this show on the road!
Last edited by Little_Thief on Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout
User avatar
JabberwockSlayer
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:06 am

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by JabberwockSlayer »

Would love to try :chinami: ,but I don't think I could pull her off...might I take the prosecutor spot, perhaps as :karma: or :Godot-object: , assuming he was executed?
Foalish foal who foalishly dreams of foalish dreams....
Image
Little_Thief
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:34 pm
Custom Title: Prolific Writer

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by Little_Thief »

JabberwockSlayer wrote:Would love to try :chinami: ,but I don't think I could pull her off...might I take the prosecutor spot, perhaps as :karma: or :Godot-object: , assuming he was executed?


Well, my theory is that Godot died of health complications, but that's neither here nor there. Make a decision between Manfred and Godot, and then you're in.
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout
User avatar
JabberwockSlayer
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:06 am

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by JabberwockSlayer »

I think I'll be taking Manfred, if only because I'm more familiar with him! :acro: Thanks so much, I've been looking for a good Phoenix Wright roleplay for ages!
Foalish foal who foalishly dreams of foalish dreams....
Image
P.B. Crudstache
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:37 pm
Custom Title: Too bad. Waluigi Time.
Location: 667 Dark Avenue

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by P.B. Crudstache »

I would like to be a jury member, Neil Marshall.
Little_Thief
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:34 pm
Custom Title: Prolific Writer

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by Little_Thief »

Detective Luke Atmey wrote:I would like to be a jury member, Neil Marshall.


Keep in mind the position of jurist will not be used if not enough people apply for it. I recommend you have a second choice if the jurist section goes unused by the time the case starts. Otherwise, you're in.
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout
P.B. Crudstache
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:37 pm
Custom Title: Too bad. Waluigi Time.
Location: 667 Dark Avenue

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by P.B. Crudstache »

Okay, I'll be Turner Grey if we don't have jurors.
hinata2000100
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:49 am
Custom Title: I shall aid the soul of this sinner.

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by hinata2000100 »

Little_Thief wrote: Defense Attorney: Open (can be OC)
Oh, wow, Defense is still open? Wouldst thou mind if I brought Mia into this?

(Even though I'm new to the forums. :P)
Little_Thief
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:34 pm
Custom Title: Prolific Writer

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by Little_Thief »

hinata2000100 wrote:
Little_Thief wrote: Defense Attorney: Open (can be OC)
Oh, wow, Defense is still open? Wouldst thou mind if I brought Mia into this?

(Even though I'm new to the forums. :P)
It's no problem at all. You're in!

I guess my patience paid off. :edgy:
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout
hinata2000100
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:49 am
Custom Title: I shall aid the soul of this sinner.

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by hinata2000100 »

Little_Thief wrote: It's no problem at all. You're in!

I guess my patience paid off. :edgy:
I guess it did. :pearl:
Detective Badd
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Custom Title: Homicide Division
Location: Texas

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by Detective Badd »

I could play Gregory Edgeworth as a juror. I could also be Turner Grey as a witness.

:grey: The weather in this afterlife is atrocious! I thought I could get a decent afterlife, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:gregory: Quit your whining. You could be stuck in hell, you know.

:grey: It might as well be hell for all the lies about this place I got before I came in here!
Image
Little_Thief
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:34 pm
Custom Title: Prolific Writer

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by Little_Thief »

Detective Badd wrote:I could play Gregory Edgeworth as a juror. I could also be Turner Grey as a witness.

:grey: The weather in this afterlife is atrocious! I thought I could get a decent afterlife, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:gregory: Quit your whining. You could be stuck in hell, you know.

:grey: It might as well be hell for all the lies about this place I got before I came in here!
Okay, I got a chuckle out of that. :gant:

We already have someone who has Dr. Grey as a second choice if there aren't enough jurists. Do you have a preference? Just a note, three jurists is the minimum for the jurist section to be fully utilized.
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout
Detective Badd
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 9:35 pm
Custom Title: Homicide Division
Location: Texas

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by Detective Badd »

I'd prefer Turner Grey.

:grey: Now I get this joker wanting to portray me!? Where does this afterliving nightmare end!?
Image
Little_Thief
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:34 pm
Custom Title: Prolific Writer

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by Little_Thief »

Detective Badd wrote:I'd prefer Turner Grey.

:grey: Now I get this joker wanting to portray me!? Where does this afterliving nightmare end!?
You're really into role playing, aren't you? :keiko:

Detective Luke Atmey, do you happen to have a third choice if there aren't enough jurists?
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout
TruthHurts2.0
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:46 pm
Custom Title: When punching won't work, use the TRUTH!

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by TruthHurts2.0 »

Hm...Is this still open to join? If so, I'll take either Meekins :mike-salute: as a witness, or Ini Mimi :ini: as Jury if there's no room for witnesses.
Little_Thief
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:34 pm
Custom Title: Prolific Writer

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by Little_Thief »

TruthHurts2.0 wrote:Hm...Is this still open to join? If so, I'll take either Meekins :mike-salute: as a witness, or Ini Mimi :ini: as Jury if there's no room for witnesses.
Um, Meekins is not among the witnesses listed. Also, the Jurist position is not going to be fully utilized if not enough people apply for it. If you prefer a jurist, that's fine, but make sure you have a backup choice.
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout
TruthHurts2.0
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:46 pm
Custom Title: When punching won't work, use the TRUTH!

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by TruthHurts2.0 »

Oh, I thought that the witnesses listed are the witnesses already chosen, not the ones available...
Sorry, I would like to have Ini as a jurist still, And I'll go with Iris as a back-up.
P.B. Crudstache
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:37 pm
Custom Title: Too bad. Waluigi Time.
Location: 667 Dark Avenue

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by P.B. Crudstache »

Sorry for being inactive the last couple days. My third choice would be Dahlia.
User avatar
Edgeworth1001
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:15 pm
Custom Title: Objection overruled!

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by Edgeworth1001 »

Are applications still open for witnesses and jury?
Little_Thief
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:34 pm
Custom Title: Prolific Writer

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by Little_Thief »

Edgeworth1001 wrote:Are applications still open for witnesses and jury?
They sure are. :edgy: The position of Judge is also open if your interested.
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout
User avatar
Edgeworth1001
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:15 pm
Custom Title: Objection overruled!

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by Edgeworth1001 »

Little_Thief wrote:
Edgeworth1001 wrote:Are applications still open for witnesses and jury?
They sure are. :edgy: The position of Judge is also open if your interested.
Okay, I guess I'll be Bryne Faraday as a jurist.
Last edited by Edgeworth1001 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Little_Thief
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:34 pm
Custom Title: Prolific Writer

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by Little_Thief »

Edgeworth1001 wrote:
Little_Thief wrote:
Edgeworth1001 wrote:Are applications still open for witnesses and jury?
They sure are. :edgy: The position of Judge is also open if your interested.
Okay, I guess I'll be Bryne Faraday as a witness.
You mean as a jurist? All of the witnesses are listed above, and I'm sorry to say the Byrne isn't one of them.
Some call me eccentric. I call myself creative.
My Fanfiction
My Fan Trial, Spirit's Turnabout
User avatar
Objection!Knight
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:08 pm
Custom Title: The Knight in Shining Armor (Take That!)

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by Objection!Knight »

Would there be an available slot for the defense's counsel? If there is, I would like to apply as :phoenix: Phoenix. :D)))

If there isn't though, I would still like to try a role. :) I don't really know if I can pull old Udgey off. :)
Serko Aspelbuk
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 0
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:06 am
Custom Title: Present your respects!

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by Serko Aspelbuk »

Can I be fawles?

:terry: I-I'm telling the truth!
O-Okay, I j-just lied a l-little bit
I AM THE FOREVER RULER OF THE INTERNET!!!!
justafan
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:10 am
Custom Title: logic can lead you so far

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by justafan »

Well seeing as no one has asked to be the judge, I apply to play Amy fey, that is if yo don't mind.
MoonWhip
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:32 am
Custom Title: Foolish fooling fools of foolishness HA!
Location: Singapore

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by MoonWhip »

Could I have the role as :dahlia: please? Thanks :)
Image
"I grow tired of the foolish
foolery of the foolish fools
of this foolish country..."

"A fool is a fool who will only
listen to the foolish opinions
of other foolish fools..."
Miles:
"I object! That was...objectionable!"
MoonWhip
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:32 am
Custom Title: Foolish fooling fools of foolishness HA!
Location: Singapore

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by MoonWhip »

.
Last edited by MoonWhip on Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
"I grow tired of the foolish
foolery of the foolish fools
of this foolish country..."

"A fool is a fool who will only
listen to the foolish opinions
of other foolish fools..."
Miles:
"I object! That was...objectionable!"
MoonWhip
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:32 am
Custom Title: Foolish fooling fools of foolishness HA!
Location: Singapore

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by MoonWhip »

Could I have the role as :dahlia: please? Thanks :)
Image
"I grow tired of the foolish
foolery of the foolish fools
of this foolish country..."

"A fool is a fool who will only
listen to the foolish opinions
of other foolish fools..."
Miles:
"I object! That was...objectionable!"
User avatar
SharpshooterJoey
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:49 am
Custom Title: [Rookie]Attorney-in-law
Location: At the Courthouse's Library

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by SharpshooterJoey »

I would like to apply the position of Jury as Bruce Goodman[Detective killed in Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney Case 5] if it is still possible.If it is impossible then I would like to apply as a random person from the crowd.
Bella-Trixie
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:47 am
Custom Title: Apparently,this is California.
Location: Brazil

Re: Spirit's Turnabout (Applications Open)

Post by Bella-Trixie »

Can I be :that-b-word: ?
If taken,can I be :ami: ?
*insert signature here*
Post Reply