Silver's Sprites

For rips or edits of PW:AA / GS game sprites and related art.
SilverGS
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Silver's Sprites

Post by SilverGS »

Image

Some notes about using my sprites :
- Obviously, credit is mandatory
- Permission is required, except for sprites that are labelled free to use. For these, no need to ask permission. ^^
- If you use my sprites, I'd like if you could send me a link to where you used them. I like to see how people can use them !
- No hotlinking.
- I only take requests posted in the request topic, if I feel I'm able to do them
Image
All sprites in this section are free to use. Each character has its own spoiler tag.
Spoiler: Winston Payne
Trilogy Era :

Front sprites :

ImageImage

Close-up sprites :

ImageImage

3-1 appearance :

Front sprites :

ImageImage

Close-up sprites :

ImageImage
Spoiler: Kristoph Gavin
Young Kristoph as a DA :

Image
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler: Mia Fey
Old Mia as a DA :

Image
ImageImage
ImageImage

The sprites below were made by SuperAj3, I only animated them. If you use them, credit him as well.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler: Manfred Von Karma
Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spoiler: Herman Crab
Front sprites :

Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spoiler: Athena Cykes - Spoilers
The following sprites were animated by SuperAj3, in order to keep them consistent with the rest of the whole spriteset.

ImageImage
Spoiler: Ryuunosuke Naruhodo (DGS)
The following sprites were made using CE53's DGS rips and the pallette of SuperAj3's Ryuunosuke sprites.

Image Image
Spoiler: Kazuma Asõgi (DGS)
Front sprites :

Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image
The following OCs are free to use.

Image
Spoiler: Brian Stewart
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image
Spoiler: Vergil Silas
Image
ImageImage
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image
ImageImage
The following OCs are for my fangame, and therefore not free for use.
Spoiler: Alexandre Faith
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Front sprite :
Image

Civilian outfit :
Image
Spoiler: Ethan Black
Image
ImageImage
Image
Spoiler: F-Zero
Image
Captain Falcon

Image
Dr Stewart
Spoiler: Borderlands
Image
Claptrap
Spoiler: Umineko - Battler Ushiromiya
NOTE : This sprite set is free to use.

Image
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image
Image
Spoiler:
Image
Made for the Luck o' the Irish contest on AAO. Finished in 2nd place.

Image
Made for the Sound of Music contest on AAO. Finished in 3rd place.

Image

Made for the Bluecorp Employees contest here. Finished in 3rd place.

Image
A clown, made for the Wright Anything Agency Tryouts contest on AAO. Finished in 3rd place.
Image
Spoiler:
ImageImage
The prosecutor badges used were made by MercurialSK.
Last edited by SilverGS on Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Backburner26
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:08 pm
Custom Title: Prison Attorney. Thanks Mij!

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by Backburner26 »

Sweet! Great sprites man, Cant wait to see more from ya.
Backburner26. Currently working on Wolfgang Ace attorney, Visit this post here to find out more.
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =15&t=9894
Visit my Sprites page! I post regularly and whenever I finish a set that I am working on.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 12&t=30818
Ask Wolfgang a question.
http://backburner26.deviantart.com/
ImageImage
(The Wolf waits, looking for an opening.)
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Yay! A new spriter joins the boards! That Captain Falcon sprite is seriously incredible! Great work!
SilverGS
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by SilverGS »

Thanks guys !

Image
WIP of my next OC for my fangame, prosecutor Black. Head isn't quite consistent between front and prosecutor sprite but I'm still working on it.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

SilverGS wrote:Thanks guys !

Image
WIP of my next OC for my fangame, prosecutor Black. Head isn't quite consistent between front and prosecutor sprite but I'm still working on it.
Looking good so far! The front face gives off a menacing feeling. :simon:
Backburner26
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:08 pm
Custom Title: Prison Attorney. Thanks Mij!

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by Backburner26 »

Looks great, do you have a name for him yet?
Backburner26. Currently working on Wolfgang Ace attorney, Visit this post here to find out more.
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =15&t=9894
Visit my Sprites page! I post regularly and whenever I finish a set that I am working on.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 12&t=30818
Ask Wolfgang a question.
http://backburner26.deviantart.com/
ImageImage
(The Wolf waits, looking for an opening.)
SilverGS
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by SilverGS »

Not really, I only have the last name Black at the moment... But I have a lot of time to think about a name, because he won't appear until a while in the fangame (If I ever manage to release it XD). Thanks anyways !

Have some other sprites :

Image
A lot of people have probably already made that kind of sprite, but here's my version of Young Manfred

Image
One of my favourite characters from DD, Herman Crab. Still in progress, but I'll do a full set, just don't expect it to come fast.

Image
The head of another crossover sprite in progress, this time it's Samus Aran from Metroid.
Ropfa
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:00 pm
Custom Title: Dracarys!
Location: In a courtroom, for some reason

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by Ropfa »

Ropfa likes these sprites.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

OK your sprites are looking incredible!
Love your spriting style too! :basil:
Backburner26
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:08 pm
Custom Title: Prison Attorney. Thanks Mij!

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by Backburner26 »

Lookin good. Your a natural!
Backburner26. Currently working on Wolfgang Ace attorney, Visit this post here to find out more.
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =15&t=9894
Visit my Sprites page! I post regularly and whenever I finish a set that I am working on.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 12&t=30818
Ask Wolfgang a question.
http://backburner26.deviantart.com/
ImageImage
(The Wolf waits, looking for an opening.)
lx1.ica
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:54 am
Custom Title: ?
Location: MX

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by lx1.ica »

SilverGS wrote:
Image
Hello everyone, and welcome to my sprite topic ! I do most of these for fangames, and want to improve my spriting skills, so advice is greatly appreciated !

Some notes about using my sprites :
- Credit is, of course, mandatory
- Permission is needed, except for sprites labelled free to use

Image
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage

In order : Herman Crab from DD, a prosecutor for my fangame, and a scratch sprite of Samus Aran from the Metroid franchise.
Image
Spoiler:
Image
Image

Image Brian Stewart
Spoiler:
STATUS : Finished
Free to use.

Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage

My entry for the "Bright Age of the Law" contest on AAO.
Image Graham Silver
Spoiler:
STATUS : Unfinished, but have no interest in finishing it for now
Free to use.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Image
Image
Spoiler:
Image
Was just messing with some sprites and this was the result. Free to use.

Image
My entry for the "Sound of Music" contest on AAO, when you had to do a sprite based on a music. This one is based on the song Phoenix by Daft Punk. Finished in 3rd place.

Image
"How about a magic trick ?" Unfinished sprite of Shaco, one of my favourite champions from League of Legends. Free to use.

ImageImage
"Show me your moves !" Because Captain Falcon is my favourite Nintendo character, I tried to do a sprite based on him. It came out pretty nicely imo ^^
Image

Blade (A friend of mine and member of AAO) - Catherine Idea
Spoiler:
NOTE : Usable only by him

I first did it by scratch :
Image

But I couldn't see that sprite anymore because it looked so amateur-ish when compared with my latest sprites, so I totally redid it :
Image


I like your sprite concept for prosecutor Black also the scar is a curious detail.
Good work. hope to see more sprites in the future.
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

I like your spriting style, Silver. But what about completing Young Manfred's Sprite?
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
SilverGS
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by SilverGS »

You mean doing a whole spriteset of Young Manfred ? Already planned to do that, but I'm working on my fangame so I'll do it later. ^^

Anyways, did another young version of an AA character. This time, here's young Kristoph :
ImageImage
ShiroForever
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:49 am
Custom Title: Ha ha! I died again!

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by ShiroForever »

SilverGS wrote:You mean doing a whole spriteset of Young Manfred ? Already planned to do that, but I'm working on my fangame so I'll do it later. ^^

Anyways, did another young version of an AA character. This time, here's young Kristoph :
ImageImage
Woah! Looks awesome :acro: How about a young gumshoe :sadshoe:
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

SilverGS wrote:You mean doing a whole spriteset of Young Manfred ? Already planned to do that, but I'm working on my fangame so I'll do it later. ^^

Anyways, did another young version of an AA character. This time, here's young Kristoph :
ImageImage
Wait. Is that Defense Attorney Kristoph Gavin! He looks younger! Well, almost. Looks pretty nice, though. :kristoph: But do complete that young Freddy's sprite. There are some people whom wants to create a fangame about the prosecutor being Manfred von Karma.
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Ace Pointer wrote:Wait. Is that Defense Attorney Kristoph Gavin! He looks younger! Well, almost. Looks pretty nice, though. :kristoph: But do complete that young Freddy's sprite. There are some people whom wants to create a fangame about the prosecutor being Manfred von Karma.
LOL He said it was a Young Kristoff in his post. It's a nice clean edit! I like it a lot!

Also I'm sure I've seen someone on AAO make a set of young Manfred sprites. If you really need them maybe look there?
SilverGS
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by SilverGS »

Image

ImageImage

Finally managed to finish the first sprite of Dr. Crab !
Backburner26
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:08 pm
Custom Title: Prison Attorney. Thanks Mij!

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by Backburner26 »

Damn thats nice! Are you doing the other poses or just that one?
Backburner26. Currently working on Wolfgang Ace attorney, Visit this post here to find out more.
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =15&t=9894
Visit my Sprites page! I post regularly and whenever I finish a set that I am working on.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 12&t=30818
Ask Wolfgang a question.
http://backburner26.deviantart.com/
ImageImage
(The Wolf waits, looking for an opening.)
SilverGS
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by SilverGS »

I thought I already said it, but I'm going to do all his poses by using Mijumaru's iOS rips (big thanks to you for ripping the DD "sprites' by the way, mate !) It will take a while, though.
Backburner26
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:08 pm
Custom Title: Prison Attorney. Thanks Mij!

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by Backburner26 »

Sweet, cant wait to see more from ya.
Backburner26. Currently working on Wolfgang Ace attorney, Visit this post here to find out more.
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =15&t=9894
Visit my Sprites page! I post regularly and whenever I finish a set that I am working on.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 12&t=30818
Ask Wolfgang a question.
http://backburner26.deviantart.com/
ImageImage
(The Wolf waits, looking for an opening.)
SilverGS
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by SilverGS »

ImageImage

Made the second pose of Dr. Crab.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Wow! These Crab sprites are looking incredible! Really nice detailing you do on your sprites!
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by mercurialSK »

I'm really liking how you're using the antialiasing shade to make the illusion of gradients in the Crab sprites. That effect is one of my favourites XD

Is he meant to be angry in the latest two? That looks like there's an anger mark there in his hair but it's hard to see and I'm not sure if it's shadow in the hair...
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
SilverGS
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by SilverGS »

mercurialSK wrote:Is he meant to be angry in the latest two? That looks like there's an anger mark there in his hair but it's hard to see and I'm not sure if it's shadow in the hair...
Yes, that was meant to be an anger mark, but I see why you can mistake it for a shadow. I tweaked it a little, that should look better :
Image
______________

Update time : I made a paper-reading sprite for Young Kristoph this morning :
ImageImage
Backburner26
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:08 pm
Custom Title: Prison Attorney. Thanks Mij!

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by Backburner26 »

They look really good silver!
Backburner26. Currently working on Wolfgang Ace attorney, Visit this post here to find out more.
http://aceattorney.sparklin.org/forum/v ... =15&t=9894
Visit my Sprites page! I post regularly and whenever I finish a set that I am working on.
http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 12&t=30818
Ask Wolfgang a question.
http://backburner26.deviantart.com/
ImageImage
(The Wolf waits, looking for an opening.)
SilverGS
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by SilverGS »

Thanks ^^

Those will be the last sprites I'll post until a while, because my university exams are approaching. First, I animated the sprite made by Mijumaru of DA Old Mia :
ImageImage

Then, here's my entry for the current contest on AAO : "Luck O' the Irish". It's based on a Leprechaun.
Image

And finally, some sprites I'll work on after my exams :
Image
Extremely WIP zoom sprite for Old Mia (Zooms are just awful to edit btw X_X), Objection sprite for Young Kristoph, and some OC.
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by mercurialSK »

SilverGS wrote:
mercurialSK wrote:Is he meant to be angry in the latest two? That looks like there's an anger mark there in his hair but it's hard to see and I'm not sure if it's shadow in the hair...
Yes, that was meant to be an anger mark, but I see why you can mistake it for a shadow. I tweaked it a little, that should look better :
Image
Huh. I see the colour change, but maybe consider moving it some? Mostly because that's the location where the penguin is, so if the sprites are used in a game it could look like the penguin just buried itself there, I mean.

Good luck on your exams XD
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
AnastasiaGavin
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:52 pm
Custom Title: Ace Attorney-As Evil As Kristoph Gavin.

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by AnastasiaGavin »

once th ekristoph section is finished may i use those sprites on google in hangouts and posts? I play a kristoph account
Image
Image
SilverGS
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Re: Silver's Sprites

Post by SilverGS »

mercurialSK wrote:
SilverGS wrote:
mercurialSK wrote:Is he meant to be angry in the latest two? That looks like there's an anger mark there in his hair but it's hard to see and I'm not sure if it's shadow in the hair...
Yes, that was meant to be an anger mark, but I see why you can mistake it for a shadow. I tweaked it a little, that should look better :
Image
Huh. I see the colour change, but maybe consider moving it some? Mostly because that's the location where the penguin is, so if the sprites are used in a game it could look like the penguin just buried itself there, I mean.
Well, in-game the anger mark is exactly at that location so I don't really think that's a big problem. Still, I may do a "start-up animation" so that the transition from one sprite to this one doesn't look weird.
AnastasiaGavin wrote:once th ekristoph section is finished may i use those sprites on google in hangouts and posts? I play a kristoph account
As long as you follow the conditions on the first post, go ahead and use them ! :will:
____________

Update time : I've updated the front post :

- Conditions for using my sprites are more clear
- Added the "Crossover sprites" and "Contests sprites" sections
- Updated the banners for each section
- Added a note to each sprite / sprite set. That way, it's easy to see what sprites are free to use

And here's some more sprites :

ImageImageImage
Objection sprite for Young Kristoph. I think it came out pretty well.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Two more poses for Old DA Mia. I totally didn't do these because the zoom sprite is so hard to do

Image
Front sprite of Akbey Hicks from AAI-2.

Image
Hobo Phoenix with his jacket. This was inspired by concept art, and I tried a different style on this one.
jmkrebs30
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:23 am
Contact:

Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)

Post by jmkrebs30 »

Old DA Mia is looking pretty good! Keep it up!
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)

Post by SuperAj3 »

These are all looking really great! I can't wait to see the rest of the Old Mia DA as well!
TheDoctor
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm
Custom Title: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)

Post by TheDoctor »

I'm glad that Older!Mia is being worked on. It really fits her much better for the role I'm giving her in Shattered Glass.
Image
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)

Post by SuperAj3 »

I was looking at the Older Mia sprites, and looking at this one, I noticed you didn't change her belt.

Her belt is different in the older sprites It's more of a clip, rather than a buckle you thread the belt through.

Other than that they look great! Keep up the good work!
Last edited by SuperAj3 on Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
SilverGS
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)

Post by SilverGS »

Nice catch, I totally forgot about the belt :oops:
I placed the sprites on the defence benches and the belt isn't visible. So I'll change it at some point, but after the set is finished ^^
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

It took you a long time to create the other poses of DA Old Mia, Right? They look nice though...
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Ace Pointer wrote:It took you a long time to create the other poses of DA Old Mia, Right? They look nice though...
He took over from me a week ago. I take the blame for the time gap.
SilverGS
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)

Post by SilverGS »

Image
Credit MercurialSK as well for the Athena sprite used in this.

And a quick tutorial for doing that kind of fades, if people are interested (at least one XD). For this one, we'll do the same image as above, but with Klavier instead of Athena.
Spoiler:
NOTE : I'm using paint.NET, so some options may have different names depending on the software you use.

Open your software, and put your sprite and a background on two separate layers. A background isn't necessary for doing that, but it helps to see if you did the fade right.

Step 1 : Making the character sprite white

Image

First of all, you'll need to make your sprite entirely white. An easy way to do it is to go to "Hue/Saturation" and increase the "Lightness" to the maximum.

Step 2 : Prepare the fade effect

Now that your sprite is white, select it using the "Magic Wand" tool. After that, you'll have to create a new layer, but be sure to keep the selection. You'll get something like this :

Image
(Don't be afraid of that window "Calques" next to the image : It's the french equivalent for layers !)

Normally, at this point, you have a background as your first layer, your white sprite in the second, and you just created a third one.
Now, we'll go to the "colors" :

Image

You can select two colors in this window. For the primary one, pick whatever you want, but for the secondary, be sure that "Opacity - Alpha" is set to 0, like in the image above !

When you did all of that, it's time to do your fade !

Step 3 : Making the fade

Before you do the fade, uncheck the layer with your white sprite (the second one). Otherwise you won't see the fade you've done.
Now, you just have to use the "Gradient" tool on your third layer. With the selection you made earlier, your gradient will take the shape of the sprite !

Image
(You should get something like this)

Finally, I messed a little bit with opacity and the feather effect and this is the end result :

Image

I hope it's understandable, it's not the easiest thing for me to explain (especially since I'm not a native english speaker) :payne:
mercurialSK
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 am
Contact:

Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)

Post by mercurialSK »

Here's an anti-aliased version of the silhouette if you'd like it :)

Nice tutorial. Would the Sharpen filter help with the fuzz that comes from blurring/feathering?
AAO general / C-R dead-ish / deviantart slowly filling
Image
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)

Post by SuperAj3 »

Thanks for making this! I was thinking more of how you edited out the other character's silhouettes, but I noticed you scratched the background as well! (silly me)
Now any one making a fancase who wants their HUD to have a custom character can now work out how to make the effect! This will be very useful!
SilverGS
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Re: Silver's Sprites (Requests : Off)

Post by SilverGS »

mercurialSK wrote:Would the Sharpen filter help with the fuzz that comes from blurring/feathering?
I'm sure it could, I'll mess with it to see if it's possible to get a cleaner result ^^ (Thanks for providing an anti-aliased silhouette btw, I'll revamp the original image using it !)
SuperAj3 wrote:Thanks for making this! I was thinking more of how you edited out the other character's silhouettes, but I noticed you scratched the background as well! (silly me)
Actually, I didn't scratch the background : It's the AJ defense bench with minor edits x)
Post Reply