Crack Theory Thread!

For all chat related to Phoenix Wright/Gyakuten Saiban. Please use the spoiler tag!
Post Reply
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Going for Miles »

Intriguing...!
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by WaitingforGodot »

That surely is a cause of headaches, at least if you're dehydrated.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Rubia Ryu the Royal
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6180
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
Location: LA, Japanifornia

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Rubia Ryu the Royal »

Hey, guys, apparently dijon mustard contains trace amounts of alcohol.

Now that I think about it, is the judge actually drunk all this time? He's been having too much of them foods before a trial.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by WaitingforGodot »

Oui! Everybody knows that judges love dijon mustard!
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Going for Miles »

That would, again, explain a lot.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by WaitingforGodot »

Right before falling asleep, in a semi-conscious state I thought "perhaps Ben is the puppet". Yes, he certainly is. I mean, it's perfectly legit to assume that Trilo is a tiny little man who has his (walking) puppet's hand up his butt (or back or clothes or something) for no reason and who can make his own head fly off now and then. So now I'm certain; Ben truly is the puppet.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Going for Miles »

WaitingforGodot wrote:Right before falling asleep, in a semi-conscious state I thought "perhaps Ben is the puppet". Yes, he certainly is. I mean, it's perfectly legit to assume that Trilo is a tiny little man who has his (walking) puppet's hand up his butt (or back or clothes or something) for no reason and who can make his own head fly off now and then. So now I'm certain; Ben truly is the puppet.
I'm getting metaphorical, quasi-philosophical vibes right here.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by WaitingforGodot »

Well, I did sit on a meadow, waving my arms very slowly, playing with my fingers in the air when I wrote it (with my toes). (That's what you do when you're being quasi-philosophical? Right? Wright?)
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Going for Miles »

Really? I write all my posts like that :ron:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by WaitingforGodot »

Uh-oh. :eh?:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Nurio
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Custom Title: A Kirby and AA fan
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Nurio »

WaitingforGodot wrote:Right before falling asleep, in a semi-conscious state I thought "perhaps Ben is the puppet". Yes, he certainly is. I mean, it's perfectly legit to assume that Trilo is a tiny little man who has his (walking) puppet's hand up his butt (or back or clothes or something) for no reason and who can make his own head fly off now and then. So now I'm certain; Ben truly is the puppet.
Interesting! But how do you explain that Ben can move on his own and Trilo can't?
Image
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by WaitingforGodot »

I'll explain it when I come up with a reason to why he can make his head fly off! :pasta:
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Rubia Ryu the Royal
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6180
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
Location: LA, Japanifornia

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Rubia Ryu the Royal »

Guys, isn't it obvious? Trilo is actually a Ghost with Tricks and can manipulate his body freely.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Going for Miles »

Oh. OH.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by WaitingforGodot »

But of course! Very obvious in hindsight!
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Going for Miles »

Speaking of ghosts and tricks, I love the theory about
Spoiler: DD
Apollo getting killed off in 5-1 and Clay using ghosttricks to save him :larry:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Rubia Ryu the Royal
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6180
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
Location: LA, Japanifornia

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Rubia Ryu the Royal »

Fist of Justice wrote:Speaking of ghosts and tricks, I love the theory about
Spoiler: DD
Apollo getting killed off in 5-1 and Clay using ghosttricks to save him :larry:
I personally always thought
Spoiler:
the real reason Phoenix survived his plunge into the freezing cold waves of Eagle River was because Mia was there to help him. She was always watching. Maybe she had ghost tricks too.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Going for Miles »

Aww. I thought a bit about Mia and ghost tricks as well, like
Spoiler: 2-4
that De Killer somehow left the super important videotape behind. Maybe he didn't forget it but rather it disappeared on him... somehow...
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
AireyVerkhovensky
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 812
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm
Custom Title: Cause of death is being dummy
Location: Metropolitan Atlanta
Contact:

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by AireyVerkhovensky »

Spoiler:
So Larry carved the Thinker clock out of a chunk of Temsik?
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Going for Miles »

Yes! :larry2:
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Nurio
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Custom Title: A Kirby and AA fan
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Nurio »

I... I wouldn't even put it past him.
Image
tiger_festival
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1706
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:18 pm
Custom Title: I've felt worse.
Location: I'm at soup.

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by tiger_festival »

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Spoiler:
So Larry carved the Thinker clock out of a chunk of Temsik?
But what about Cinder Block Cindy Stone?
Image
"It's never too late to learn that growing old doesn't have to mean growing up. Stay curious, stay weird, stay kind, and don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't smart or brave or worthy enough." -Stanford Pines, Gravity Falls
Rubia Ryu the Royal
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6180
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
Location: LA, Japanifornia

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Rubia Ryu the Royal »

sumguy28 wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:
Spoiler:
So Larry carved the Thinker clock out of a chunk of Temsik?
But what about Cinder Block Cindy Stone?
Not everyone gets the power to manipulate.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
dimentiorules
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1959
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm
Custom Title: You know, a Mario game!
Location: Canada, eh?

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by dimentiorules »

Is it even confirmed that Ghost Trick is set in the same universe as Ace Attorney? I mean, you never see blue skinned people in the Ace Attorney series, do you? I personally believe that they are set in 2 separate universes, as there's nothing in either game that suggests they take place in the same world, other than a few references such as Jowd's coat resembling gumshoe's, but by that logic Dead Rising takes place in the same world as Mega Man Legends because of the servbot masks.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
AireyVerkhovensky
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 812
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm
Custom Title: Cause of death is being dummy
Location: Metropolitan Atlanta
Contact:

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by AireyVerkhovensky »

Didn't Shu Takumi explicitly confirm that?
dimentiorules
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1959
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm
Custom Title: You know, a Mario game!
Location: Canada, eh?

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by dimentiorules »

AireyVerkhovensky wrote:Didn't Shu Takumi explicitly confirm that?
But if it DOES take place in the same universe, why don't we ever see blue people in Ace Attorney?! That's my biggest question.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
Nurio
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1032
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 pm
Custom Title: A Kirby and AA fan
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Nurio »

Shu Takumi did confirm it. But also, this is the Crack Theory thread. You don't need explicit confirmation for a crack theory.
dimentiorules wrote:But if it DOES take place in the same universe, why don't we ever see blue people in Ace Attorney?! That's my biggest question.
Different art styles, I imagine.
Image
AireyVerkhovensky
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 812
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 12:23 pm
Custom Title: Cause of death is being dummy
Location: Metropolitan Atlanta
Contact:

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by AireyVerkhovensky »

dimentiorules wrote:
AireyVerkhovensky wrote:Didn't Shu Takumi explicitly confirm that?
But if it DOES take place in the same universe, why don't we ever see blue people in Ace Attorney?! That's my biggest question.
I don't think the foriegners in Ghost Trick were literally blue-skinned; I think it was just stylistic. AA and GT are done in very different styles, and AA is the more realistic of the two....
Rubia Ryu the Royal
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6180
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
Location: LA, Japanifornia

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Rubia Ryu the Royal »

Suddenly, I have the feeling that all those "blue-skinned" people are actually people in masks. What a sensational story it makes for them to be mistaken for aliens, though.

It'd be like that GK2 CD drama, but much better.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by WaitingforGodot »

I like the mask-idea. Plot twist:
Spoiler: DD-5
Phantom actually has blue skin underneath his masks.

If it wasn't for that photo, though...
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Ash
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 am
Custom Title: 迷探偵

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Ash »

Nurio wrote:Shu Takumi did confirm it.
Just curious, could someone link me up to a direct source for this? All I can find now is Takumi's own tweet where he simply says he can't say whether the two share the same world at the moment (it was tweeted just before GT's release).
"One dumbbell, Watson! Consider an athlete with one dumbbell! Picture to yourself the unilateral development, the imminent danger of a spinal curvature. Shocking, Watson, shocking!" - The Valley of Fear
Rubia Ryu the Royal
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 6180
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:17 am
Custom Title: Racing through the sky like a Missile
Location: LA, Japanifornia

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Rubia Ryu the Royal »

I'm coming up short. Sadly, the links to the ONM interview he had back in 2013 have all been removed, so I can't return to the page. In any case, he didn't explicitly state they were held in the same universe and only considered the idea of a crossover.

I don't remember where the original source is, but this notion of a shared universe has been running around as a baseless rumor even before PLvsAA was released.

But we can hope it will eventually come to pass in a GT x AA game.
The home of the Gyakuten Saiban vs Ace Attorney blog: http://gyakutengagotoku.tumblr.com
1/3/19 edit: The project has officially been moved to a new blog at https://gsvsaa.blogspot.com/ Further updates will be pending.

AA fanfiction archive: http://forums.court-records.net/viewtop ... 11&t=31369
Yakuza/RGG fanfiction archive: https://archiveofourown.org/users/rubia ... /rubia_ryu
My misc translation and work promos here at http://rubiaryutheroyal.tumblr.com
luck
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 477
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:38 pm
Location: Spain

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by luck »

The Phantom is Apollo's father. He faked his death in order to assume a new identity. And while we're at it, he's also Athena's father (yep, they're half-siblings, too). He got close to Metis in order to gather information about secret government's projects.
dimentiorules
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1959
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm
Custom Title: You know, a Mario game!
Location: Canada, eh?

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by dimentiorules »

Most crossovers aren't canon anyways. Smash Bros. isn't canon to any of the series represented, Mario & Sonic At The Olympic games certainly isn't canon, and I'm pretty sure PLvsPWAAA isn't canon either.

Anyways, to get back on topic, here's my crack theory. There are 2 plains to the afterlife, the lesser plain and the greater plain. The lesser plain is where spirits dwell when they have unfinished business, and the greater plain is where they go to once all of their unfinished business is taken care of. Only spirits in the lesser plain can be channeled, as they are closer to the physical world. This explains why Pearl never tries to channel Mia in GS5, because after GS3, all of Mia's unfinished business was taken care of.
My let's Play channel! Shameless plug!
Current Project: Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus
My Twitter Account
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by WaitingforGodot »

"The red pencil behind Gumshoe's left ear is a leftover from an intended character trait where he was supposed to be a fan of horse racing."

So: He still is. That's why he's so poor, not because his salary is living-on-the-bare-necessities-low. He just spends most of it betting on the wrong horses. :sadshoe: (Hm. This is more a headcanon than a crack theory for me, really.)
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Going for Miles »

Kristoph's breakdown was nothing shocking for Klavier - that was the face and voice volume he used to have every time he yelled at Klavier when they grew up together.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by WaitingforGodot »

Yup. Of course it isn't the first time he used those pipes of his. And that's why Klavier looks all tinnitus-ish while stressed, not because of his rock music and loud speakers, but because he annoyed his brother with the true chords of steel one time too many during his younger years.
Never bother Kristoph during his beauty sleep.
Last edited by WaitingforGodot on Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Klonoahedgehog
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2022
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:20 am
Custom Title: Gardevoir lover
Location: Puerto rico

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Klonoahedgehog »

dimentiorules wrote:Most crossovers aren't canon anyways. Smash Bros. isn't canon to any of the series represented, Mario & Sonic At The Olympic games certainly isn't canon, and I'm pretty sure PLvsPWAAA isn't canon either.

Anyways, to get back on topic, here's my crack theory. There are 2 plains to the afterlife, the lesser plain and the greater plain. The lesser plain is where spirits dwell when they have unfinished business, and the greater plain is where they go to once all of their unfinished business is taken care of. Only spirits in the lesser plain can be channeled, as they are closer to the physical world. This explains why Pearl never tries to channel Mia in GS5, because after GS3, all of Mia's unfinished business was taken care of.
...Image
Image
My DA account can be found here: http://klonoahedgehog.deviantart.com/
WaitingforGodot
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7320
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 am
Custom Title: [Whip the cream!]
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by WaitingforGodot »

Well, since Godot is good at imitating people... On rare occasions he forgets himself and goes on with it.

*in a high-pitched, feminine voice:* "...darker and more bitter than hell itself... that is..." *clears throat, normal Godot-voice:* "... coffee."
Gimme a "P"! Gimme an "I"! Give me a "P" and an "E"! What's that spell?! Pipe!
Going for Miles
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 7747
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:22 pm
Custom Title: The video game boy; the one who wins
Location: Sweden

Re: Crack Theory Thread!

Post by Going for Miles »

The coffee Phoenix got from Godot was actually poisoned, but after eating that bottle he is pretty much immune, so nothing happened.
(......Ack! I've run out of snide comments!)
Post Reply