Forum Rules

Forum Rules and Guidelines. READ THIS FIRST BEFORE POSTING.
DomSaxton
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:59 pm
Custom Title: Go Super Dragon!

Re: Rules

Post by DomSaxton »

andrx wrote:any idea when jfa spoiliers will be legal?


They Are
Image
My Brawl Code:1977-0094-1900Don't Bother Anymore
The Sandwich
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4848
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:15 pm
Custom Title: The foxy ladies can't resist my sandwich
Location: The land of Leprechauns and alcoholism.
Contact:

Re: Rules

Post by The Sandwich »

Bleachlover wrote:Another question, did you guys have an irl somewhere?


I lol'd.
fuck
ParrotMan01
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:11 am
Location: Nevada

Re: Rules

Post by ParrotMan01 »

I already know it's IRC, I messed up.

Anyway, I think that the debate thread should come back up. It gives people a place to debate and argue there, instead of other places.
Don't mind me, just passing through.
Kenjimurasame
Donor
Donor
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:30 am
Custom Title: Paddy O'Reily O'Shwartzenburg
Location: Hotel Moscow

Re: Rules

Post by Kenjimurasame »

Considering the behavior of most of the users in the other forums lately, I don't see that being likely for a while.
ParrotMan01
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:11 am
Location: Nevada

Re: Rules

Post by ParrotMan01 »

That's a point, I have noticed harsh tensions and horrid behavior. (Talking as whole)
Don't mind me, just passing through.
General Luigi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 4215
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm
Custom Title: In Justice We Trust
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Rules

Post by General Luigi »

Wooster wrote:-ADVERTISING IS ONLY PERMITTED IN THE PRESS CONFERENCE. Do not advertise for your boards/games/home pages anywhere else or it will be removed.

Sorry if this has been covered in this thread already, but...

Does that apply to signatures, too? In other words, would putting an external link in one's signature be against the rules?
Image
I'll always love you, Max.
ParrotMan01
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:11 am
Location: Nevada

Re: Rules

Post by ParrotMan01 »

No that's fine. Advertising as in something that has nothing to do with the site. Like promoting bands, and other interesting websites.
Don't mind me, just passing through.
General Luigi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 4215
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm
Custom Title: In Justice We Trust
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Rules

Post by General Luigi »

Well, I intended for it to link to a story that I also have posted at fanfiction.net. However, since I didn't know if that would break the rules, I linked it to the thread here that has the same story.
Image
I'll always love you, Max.
ParrotMan01
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2739
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:11 am
Location: Nevada

Re: Rules

Post by ParrotMan01 »

Well, aren't you going to put some text under it saying "click on my sig to go to original fanfiction" or something?

It's allowed, I think.
Don't mind me, just passing through.
andrx
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 874
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:24 pm
Custom Title: I can't believe its me either!
Location: Unknown. (Seriously, Where am I?)
Contact:

Re: Rules

Post by andrx »

Bleachlover wrote:Well, aren't you going to put some text under it saying "click on my sig to go to original fanfiction" or something?

It's allowed, I think.


from a technical standpoint, it's legal, but the admins will probably frown upon it
Image
Croik
Admin
Admin
Posts: 5255
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am
Custom Title: nuuuuu, stoooooop
Location: America
Contact:

Re: Rules

Post by Croik »

As long as your sig is small enough and not blaringly offensive/links to adware or something, it's okay.
ImageImage
QuiteTheOddfellow

Re: Rules

Post by QuiteTheOddfellow »

(Not sure if this is the right topic)

Regarding posting in older topics, I've seen quite a few people going off their because of various month old topics being brought to the front page.

So, I have... two questions.


I) Is it acceptable to post in an older topic if you do actually something to add to the conversation? Or would it be a better idea to make a new topic instead?

2) How old is too old?
Croik
Admin
Admin
Posts: 5255
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am
Custom Title: nuuuuu, stoooooop
Location: America
Contact:

Re: Rules

Post by Croik »

It's usually better to revive an old topic than to create a new one, provided you actually have something new and meaningful to say about it. "Too old" might depend on the topic, but anyhing more than a few weeks is probably old news that most people won't be interested in bringing up again.
ImageImage
Ryu
Donor
Donor
Posts: 4838
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: I AM BACK, LURKING~
Contact:

Re: Rules

Post by Ryu »

If that's so, exactly how many weeks can be considered as 'old'?
:keylady: Hmmmm... whatever, it is time to fly return~ :edgy:

(7o_o)7 Sprite Arts Game char Deja-vus? Chores AA char in 3D! Ryu ♥ CR!

People should live freely without constraints.
That's how life should be! -
Richard Wellington
Super Muffin
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Rules

Post by Super Muffin »

I would think that if a topic is three to five weeks old and/or it's fallen far back enough to where no one's posting in it, it would be too old. At least, that's what I thought Croik was getting at.
Image Image Image Image Image
"Last daughter of your royal house/ Go I, his prisoner, because I honoured/ Those things to which honour truly belongs." Antigone, Antigone.
GavinnerRock
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:45 am
Custom Title: Going fangirl over Larry Butz
Location: The awesomest place you can think of.

Re: Rules

Post by GavinnerRock »

Um, I have a question.

1) What does it take to be a mod?

Sorry, it wasn't posted anywhere, so I don't know what it takes to be one...
Ryu
Donor
Donor
Posts: 4838
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: I AM BACK, LURKING~
Contact:

Re: Rules

Post by Ryu »

You should've asked this in the FAQ thread.
ApolloJusticeRocks wrote:Um, I have a question.

1) What does it take to be a mod?

Sorry, it wasn't posted anywhere, so I don't know what it takes to be one...
:keylady: Hmmmm... whatever, it is time to fly return~ :edgy:

(7o_o)7 Sprite Arts Game char Deja-vus? Chores AA char in 3D! Ryu ♥ CR!

People should live freely without constraints.
That's how life should be! -
Richard Wellington
Croik
Admin
Admin
Posts: 5255
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am
Custom Title: nuuuuu, stoooooop
Location: America
Contact:

Re: Rules

Post by Croik »

When the team decides we need a new mod, we get together and ask around if we know anyone on the board we think would be suitable. We have a ton of members now, but we do notice and keep track of users who are the most visible. Then we ATTACK!!

*ahem* I mean, approach them.

So the best way to get picked up as a mod is to become known as a thoughtful, sensible poster, someone the mods are familiar with and think will do a decent job.

Just don't come to us begging to be a mod, because that's a big turn off.
ImageImage
GavinnerRock
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:45 am
Custom Title: Going fangirl over Larry Butz
Location: The awesomest place you can think of.

Re: Rules

Post by GavinnerRock »

Ok, gotcha Croik!
Balrog
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3631
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:25 pm
Custom Title: Phff, You call this a Zombie apocalypse?
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: Rules

Post by Balrog »

I thought I remembered a rule about no "What if" threads, but now when I look for It I cant find it. Where is it, if it still exists?
Image
Image
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.
Croik
Admin
Admin
Posts: 5255
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:16 am
Custom Title: nuuuuu, stoooooop
Location: America
Contact:

Re: Rules

Post by Croik »

Balrog wrote:I thought I remembered a rule about no "What if" threads, but now when I look for It I cant find it. Where is it, if it still exists?


The rule is that we'd rather you not post them, especially if they're really random, generic ones (like "What if pigs really could fly!?") or Phoenix Wright related ones that deal with very AU topics ("What if Phoenix was really a garbage man!?"). Things like that.

If you can think of an honest, serious "What if" topic it might be allowed, but in general the "What if" game has gotten old around here. :sadshoe:
ImageImage
Balrog
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3631
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:25 pm
Custom Title: Phff, You call this a Zombie apocalypse?
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: Rules

Post by Balrog »

Sorry, I wasn't quite clear, I dont want to make one. Its just that I'd like something to be able to quote when noobies come around and start posting them. Cause simply saying "there not allowed" most often isn't enough...
Image
Image
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.
Velotican
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:50 am
Custom Title: Jammin' like it's 2024
Location: UK

Re: Rules

Post by Velotican »

I believe you're referring to this, Balrog.

This rule appears to be relevant only to the Wright & Co. forum.
Does we even do these things anymore?
Balrog
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3631
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:25 pm
Custom Title: Phff, You call this a Zombie apocalypse?
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: Rules

Post by Balrog »

Thank you, thats exactly what I was looking for. ^^
Image
Image
Gyakuten Phoenix wrote:Yeah, well maybe if I wasn't so much better than everyone else, I wouldn't have to talk about it so much.
Penny_Nickels
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:15 am
Location: Somewhere taking a nap

Re: Rules

Post by Penny_Nickels »

Would a Gant raep be adult content in an avatar?Nothing explicit,just the ones like in the Gant can do it all thread.
Image
Image
Ryu
Donor
Donor
Posts: 4838
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:06 pm
Location: I AM BACK, LURKING~
Contact:

Re: Rules

Post by Ryu »

NO. From what I recalled, it's not allowed in here because avatars don't have spoiler tags (unlike posts in that thread).
Croik wrote:nothing explicit allowed
Penny_Nickels wrote:Would a Gant raep be adult content in an avatar?Nothing explicit,just the ones like in the Gant can do it all thread.
Spoiler: Penny_Nickels
Besides, he KILLS... not rapes. :damon:


_________________
Image
CLICK ON THE BANNER Sig User is still under construction
Bolt Storm
Admin
Admin
Posts: 3303
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm
Custom Title: 元・超会社員級の管理人
Location: Hiding beneath the judge's desk
Contact:

Re: Rules

Post by Bolt Storm »

Bumping with an update and a reminder: KEEP IT PG-13. If you're going to post something NSFW, clearly mark it and either link or spoiler it. Be reasonable with your language; cluster F-bombs aren't necessary. And even as a joke, racist, homophobic, transphobic, or other slurs are not acceptable. The golden rule: we're not 4chan.
Hi! I've largely stepped back from C-R due to life stuff. Please contact one of the other staff members for help!

Wooster wrote:If there was such a thing as the "Wooster Seal of Approval", this post would get it.
General Luigi
Admin
Admin
Posts: 4215
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm
Custom Title: In Justice We Trust
Location: Southern California
Contact:

Re: Rules

Post by General Luigi »

Yes, the rules have been updated. Please read them if you haven't already.
Image
I'll always love you, Max.
Locked