Thatonejimmy's sprites

For rips or edits of PW:AA / GS game sprites and related art.
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

Hello, welcome to my sprite page. I'm updating this, as I want people to be able to use these sprites without anyone needing to contact me, seeing as I haven't been on here in like, years. I'm fine with anyone who wants to use these sprites, the only thing I ask is to credit any of the original creators of any edits I've made to the sprites, as well as myself.

I'd also like to apologize for being silent for like, three years, I've just been kinda busy with school, work, and everything else. It's not clear if I'm going to actually re-master any of these sprites one day, but feel free to do whatever you'd like with them.

anyways, without further ado, here are the sprites:
Spoiler: Raymond Shields Front sprites
Spoiler: Raymond Shields Objection sprites
Image Image Image
Spoiler: Blackquill Bench Sprites (Base by Raijin)
Spoiler: Blackquill Front Sprites (Face base by Anyare coat symbols by Mercurialsk
Spoiler: Youngquill Front sprites
Image
Spoiler: OC contest 2015 entry: Richard Gumshoe (will be updated as I make them)
ImageImage
Spoiler: Udgey's thinking line for Dual destinies phoenix (by Raijin)
Image
Spoiler: Mlg Kudo concept
Image
Spoiler: Papyrus DA (base by GloriusDay)
Spoiler: misc sprites
Stonequill/Blackquill breakdown:
Image
Gumshoe's heart attack:
Image
Child Edgeworth sprites:
ImageImage
laserquill/lazerquill:
Image
Random victim:
Image
[spoiler="Poketest/Lorenai Trainer Sprites]Image(Professor Cherry Woods)
Image(A Player's Character, based on Esteban from the Suite Life of Zack and Cody)
Image(Another Player Character, this one being an Amnesiac Trainer)
Image(Player Character with a Mysterious Past, coat based on Robin From Fire Emblem.)
Image(last Player Character, just a unique-ish trainer design)[/spoiler]
Last edited by ThatoneJimmy on Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:22 am, edited 50 times in total.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Awesome work! It's cool you learned to animate so quickly! Amazing work!
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

You should've tried linking ALL the sprites here, buddy. :yummy:
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Ace Pointer wrote:You should've tried linking ALL the sprites here, buddy. :yummy:
LOL Don't be rude, it's better than nothing! :redd:
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

Me. Rude. I said this 'cause Mercurial has posted at least two sprites then a link to the album. So I thought he should also do the same thing so the audience can see how the sprites look before we look at the complete album?
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Ace Pointer wrote:Me. Rude. I said this 'cause Mercurial has posted at least two sprites then a link to the album. So I thought he should also do the same thing so the audience can see how the sprites look before we look at the complete album?
I should probably give some context, This is his first time animating, so the fact he got this many done is good! Sorry, that's just how it came across. He's also still new so maybe he hasn't seen Merc's works yet?
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

I would have done the air quotes, but i had stuff to do, and my power was out for a full week. :oops:
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

other than that, I am working on the other sprites right now. I'll add them soon, hopefully :gymshoe:
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

Ace Pointer wrote:Me. Rude. I said this 'cause Mercurial has posted at least two sprites then a link to the album. So I thought he should also do the same thing so the audience can see how the sprites look before we look at the complete album?
fixed it.
I hope you don't mind, It isn't easy doing the sweaty sprites or the air quote ones, so i figured the ones i already had would do for now, then i could just add those in later. sorry for the inconvenience.
AJtheprogrammer
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:01 am
Custom Title: Lunackt
Location: anywhere.
Contact:

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by AJtheprogrammer »

What's with the graphic bits randomly appearing?
If all of them are happy, then I shall be happy too.

The end of nonsense is near.
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

AJtheprogrammer wrote:What's with the graphic bits randomly appearing?
I think that's supposed to be some sort of a Glitching Error that probably happened during the animating session...
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

Ok, I'm going to try to finish what raijin started and make some blackquill sprites myself. wish me luck.
:simon:
In other news, I may need a better sprite editing program than ms paint. any recommendations?
TheDoctor
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm
Custom Title: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by TheDoctor »

Paint.net is a good free option, as is GIMP, but I find paint.net a little bit easier to use.

Since paint.net isn't the name of the website though (strange, I know), here's the link to the site.

http://www.getpaint.net/index.html
Image
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

TheDoctor wrote:Paint.net is a good free option, as is GIMP, but I find paint.net a little bit easier to use.

Since paint.net isn't the name of the website though (strange, I know), here's the link to the site.

http://www.getpaint.net/index.html
Thank you, this is much better than Ms Paint. I've already started working on the spritesheet, and I'm liking how it's coming out so far. thanks for the reccomendation.
jmkrebs30
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:23 am
Contact:

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by jmkrebs30 »

Good luck with those Blackquill sprites. :will:
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Good luck with Blackquill's sprites! A good place to start is to get references of his poses from in-game screenshots. find walkthroughs, or use miiverse to screenshot the poses (If you have the game on 3DS) or else just screenshot like normal on iOS.
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

Oooh, I really wanna see some Prosecutor Blackquill sprites. Good luck making it, mac! :wave:
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

Ok, I have made some progress on the sprites. keep in mind that this isn't quite finished yet, so There will be updates.
Last edited by ThatoneJimmy on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

Ehm, you forgot to show the sprite on your post. The post above me, I mean.
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
jmkrebs30
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:23 am
Contact:

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by jmkrebs30 »

Check his first post.

Nice work so far, Jimmy. Looking great!
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

You Know what? I decided to finish the sheet. The sheet includes blackquill post DD and During The original trilogy. :simon: yes, I know i literally just updated it, but I worked pretty fast on the rest. edit: I'm not gonna do taka, someone else can edit the sprites to add taka, as long as they ask first.
Spoiler: Spoiler alert
I was not finished at that moment, for I had forgotten to do one thing...
Last edited by ThatoneJimmy on Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mayu Igiyooki
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2216
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 am
Custom Title: Winter Flag Trademark
Location: Igiyooki Manor, P/A.
Contact:

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by Mayu Igiyooki »

Awesome Blackquill Sprites!
Image
This account is dead. Link to my DeviantART.
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

I realized an inconsistency in the sprites, so I'm going to fix the sheet. Edit: fixed.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Great work so far! Still a little more neatening in the outlining and the hands, but otherwise you're doing well! If you're tracing over a reference, take your time getting the outline in as much detail as possible. Then begin colouring.
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

I fixed the ears and hands, if that's what you were talking about.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

ThatoneJimmy wrote:I fixed the ears and hands, if that's what you were talking about.
Hands are still lacking the definitions and some shading. Also the hair is shaded in clumps rather than in strokes (to make it look hair-like) I can try to edit a frame to show you what I mean?
Don't worry, you're doing really well with these so far! It's such an awesome thing you're doing making these!
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

hmm... I guess i could use a better example, so i could make the sprites better.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

I started redrawing a pose from scratch, I've done the harder parts (Like the hand and hair) all for you, but others not so much:
Image
feel free to use this as a base and fill in the blanks!
Just to note, look at the details and compare to yours. For example in the hand's outlining, your one made it look like his fingers were a bit too short, but they're just half closed, and so the detail in the outlines as well as the shading help fix that problem. Other things like the chin shape and arm as well.
Hopefully this will help you with improving! I admire your drive to make these!
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

Thank you for the advice and the example. I'll get these new sprites to you guys asap. :drew:
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

ThatoneJimmy wrote:Thank you for the advice and the example. I'll get these new sprites to you guys asap. :drew:
Take your time! The more time you spend on it, the better the result! :basil:
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

I guess you're right. I've been in a rush to get these done, so i can get them done before summer ends.
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

Quick Announcement: I might do some more edits after blackquill, of course.
Last edited by ThatoneJimmy on Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

Ok, Blackquill's sprites are done (well, the sheet, at least). I'll upload the young blackquill sprites separately, but they're just edits of these anyways. enjoy the sprites. :simon:
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Great work! I understand all the hard work you need to put into making a sheet!
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

Blackquill Animations are finished! If you want to edit them, contact me, and I'll give you permission.
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

Added The edit of udgey's thinking line with raijin's DD Phoenix. I'm not sure if you have to give udgey credit, but I know that you probably should just to be safe.
UdgeyWudgey
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:24 pm
Custom Title: "Justice!"

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by UdgeyWudgey »

ThatoneJimmy wrote:Added The edit of udgey's thinking line with raijin's DD Phoenix. I'm not sure if you have to give udgey credit, but I know that you probably should just to be safe.
Nah, that's fine! I'm not so hard on credit, but thanks for it! :D
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by Oliver »

ThatoneJimmy wrote:Quick Announcement: I might do some older Larry Butz sprites as well as some Godot edits after blackquill, of course.
If you're going to say Guess Who then don't spoil it! You just ruined my day. I hope you're happy. :sadshoe: :sadshoe: :sadshoe:
totally not a joke
ThatoneJimmy
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun May 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Custom Title: Kind of been offline for a while
Location: United States

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by ThatoneJimmy »

sorry.
I fixed it now, if that makes up for it.
Yes, I know it was a joke.
Oliver
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 2453
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 am
Custom Title: Great Revival
Location: Location

Re: Thatonejimmy's sprites

Post by Oliver »

Excellent...
I said it wasn't a joke!
Post Reply