RP Proposal Thread
-
Reverie
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:38 pm
- Location: UK
Re: RP Proposal Thread
What's the interest in RPing like nowadays? It doesn't look like the board's been very active as of late, but I'm more than willing to write something up if other people want to take part.
-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: RP Proposal Thread
I watch for every RP that comes through here.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
Reverie
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:38 pm
- Location: UK
Re: RP Proposal Thread
If I were to work on a fantasy genre RP, utilising OCs, would that appeal to anyone?
-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: RP Proposal Thread
That's like my standard MO when it comes to RPs so it's fine with me.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
Reverie
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:38 pm
- Location: UK
Re: RP Proposal Thread
Good, okay. The initial setting is pretty simple. It's set on multiple continents controlled by a number of nations at war. Each nation has its own system of government, religion, culture, etcetera. For this reason, different weapons, magic, armour, and items exist in different places. There will be proper classes, but only after the introduction, and an emphasis will be put on individuality. Nobody, for example, will just be a lancer or a mage. Traditional classes will become archetypes and a character's "class" will be unique to them, fitting under a traditional archetype. In addition, some weapons will be unique and others won't be. Unique items aren't easy to come by, but a unique item will be given to each character early on.
Since war and politics play an important role in the setting, characters may choose an allegiance, but don't have to. Each nation has their own motives and desires, but there will be two sides to the conflict: the parties to have broken the peace and the parties to have retaliated.
In truth, the whole idea is inspired by multiple JRPGs, but battle is played out in regular RP format. To begin with, there will likely only be one group of characters moving together, but this will change as events play out and more characters are introduced. Characters can be self-inserts or OCs from thin air, it doesn't really matter. I also don't want to give players a set objective, because I find that doing so makes the destination seem a lot more important than the journey. I'm happy to keep world-building in more detail as new territory is explored. Lastly, the exact rules aren't set in stone but I have a good idea of what they'll be.
Since war and politics play an important role in the setting, characters may choose an allegiance, but don't have to. Each nation has their own motives and desires, but there will be two sides to the conflict: the parties to have broken the peace and the parties to have retaliated.
In truth, the whole idea is inspired by multiple JRPGs, but battle is played out in regular RP format. To begin with, there will likely only be one group of characters moving together, but this will change as events play out and more characters are introduced. Characters can be self-inserts or OCs from thin air, it doesn't really matter. I also don't want to give players a set objective, because I find that doing so makes the destination seem a lot more important than the journey. I'm happy to keep world-building in more detail as new territory is explored. Lastly, the exact rules aren't set in stone but I have a good idea of what they'll be.
-
General Luigi
- Admin

- Posts: 4215
- Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm
- Custom Title: In Justice We Trust
- Location: Southern California
- Contact:
Re: RP Proposal Thread
Is combat going to have proper mechanics or is it more a matter of everyone trusting one another to not god-mode?

I'll always love you, Max.
-
Reverie
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:38 pm
- Location: UK
Re: RP Proposal Thread
To put it simply, stats will be given to each character beforehand and players should use those as reference. For example, if your character's speed is high, your dodging will usually be successful against the average enemy. If it's low, you can expect to get hit a fair bit more. Since most battles will be against mooks and bosses, I'll be able to say whether or not an attack misses or hits and how much damage it does to the enemy, etcetera. And I'd rather present that kind of thing descriptively, as opposed to using raw numbers which might not mean a lot to players and aren't always easy to keep track of.
I'll be keeping a close eye out for actions that contradict one's stats, but my expectation is that I should only have to say something about it during the introduction, which will serve as a kind of tutorial so that players can have a practice against weaker mobs and I can advise anyone who isn't sure about battling or is godmodding without realising. It won't be complicated, mind you. Players will get a feel for their characters strengths and weaknesses, which will be assigned according to their preferences and style of play anyway.
I made that sound a lot more complicated than it is, but my point is that it won't be difficult to manage.
I'll be keeping a close eye out for actions that contradict one's stats, but my expectation is that I should only have to say something about it during the introduction, which will serve as a kind of tutorial so that players can have a practice against weaker mobs and I can advise anyone who isn't sure about battling or is godmodding without realising. It won't be complicated, mind you. Players will get a feel for their characters strengths and weaknesses, which will be assigned according to their preferences and style of play anyway.
I made that sound a lot more complicated than it is, but my point is that it won't be difficult to manage.
-
General Luigi
- Admin

- Posts: 4215
- Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm
- Custom Title: In Justice We Trust
- Location: Southern California
- Contact:
Re: RP Proposal Thread
I see. Well, I look forward to seeing a more detailed plan laid out. I'm generally fond of fantasy, so I might join the RP myself.

I'll always love you, Max.
-
Reverie
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 534
- Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:38 pm
- Location: UK
Re: RP Proposal Thread
I hope it lives up to expectations. Either way, I'll carry on fleshing out the mechanics until we have enough interest to get it started.
-
Spider
- Suspect

- Posts: 36
- Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:07 am
- Custom Title: Sylph of Doom
Re: RP Proposal Thread
How active is this forum with roleplays? How many posts are usually in a roleplay per day? I would be interested in joining if I knew there would be other at-least-somewhat-committed people. 

Yours in Eternity
-
Mister Gruel
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 194
- Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:04 pm
- Custom Title: Danksgiving
Re: RP Proposal Thread
check the post above yours for a rough number
-
Spider
- Suspect

- Posts: 36
- Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:07 am
- Custom Title: Sylph of Doom
Re: RP Proposal Thread
I'm not sure what that tells me... about a post a day, then no post until mine some months later... Pretty sorry place to look for roleplay then, if I go off that alone, then...

Yours in Eternity
-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: RP Proposal Thread
Eh he's just being miserable.
I like a good roleplay but a lot of your questions are really specific and hard to answer. "Posts per day" ain't something I imagine many people seriously measure.
As for activity its definitely dropped but that might be due to a lack of RPs. Some have started up before but have struggled to last.
I like a good roleplay but a lot of your questions are really specific and hard to answer. "Posts per day" ain't something I imagine many people seriously measure.
As for activity its definitely dropped but that might be due to a lack of RPs. Some have started up before but have struggled to last.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
Mister Gruel
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 194
- Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:04 pm
- Custom Title: Danksgiving
Re: RP Proposal Thread
asking someone roughly how many times they can post each day is very commonplace in setting up roleplaysPierre wrote: I like a good roleplay but a lot of your questions are really specific and hard to answer. "Posts per day" ain't something I imagine many people seriously measure.
.
-
Spider
- Suspect

- Posts: 36
- Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:07 am
- Custom Title: Sylph of Doom
Re: RP Proposal Thread
Yeah like, I love roleplays where you can just sit at a computer for hours with a couple characters having a nice discussion, or fight scene, or some very good comedy (I was in a hilarious Black Butler roleplay as both Ciel Phantomhive and Arthur Wordsmith). But then come across other roleplays where you post in a thread once, maybe twice, a day... maybe wait longer for someone else to respond... that's a very much dying rp. 

Yours in Eternity
-
Slezak
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 352
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
- Custom Title: Wibbly wobbly timey-wimey stuff
- Location: In front of you
Re: RP Proposal Thread
I used to be big on roleplaying around here, though I'd always use the same one or two OCs based on myself. I'd love to return to RPing as soon as one starts up. As one can expect, because of the scarcity of RPs at this time, I wouldn't even be picky. Would give me a great chance to dust off the ol' writing skills. I'd assume it's pretty clear from this post that I have no problem writing a lot.
Thank you for reading. I hope you have a wonderful day.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.
100% pure Joy.
Excellent source of puns.
Refrigerate after opening.
-
Spider
- Suspect

- Posts: 36
- Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:07 am
- Custom Title: Sylph of Doom
Re: RP Proposal Thread
Maybe we could start one then? I mean, some of my best roleplays had only two or three people, so long as they posted often. I'd be willing to think something up if I knew another person was on board. Make a goal of at least three people maybe? AA canon characters or OCs? Or a fandom mash-up, those are pretty fun. (Like having characters from different games, anime, TV series, etc. meet in one roleplay. At one point I was Beyond Birthday from the Death Note prequel novel and Grell Sutcliff from Black Butler.) I'm up for something different.Slezak wrote:I used to be big on roleplaying around here, though I'd always use the same one or two OCs based on myself. I'd love to return to RPing as soon as one starts up. As one can expect, because of the scarcity of RPs at this time, I wouldn't even be picky. Would give me a great chance to dust off the ol' writing skills. I'd assume it's pretty clear from this post that I have no problem writing a lot.

Yours in Eternity
-
Anthony
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 am
- Custom Title: d
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Re: RP Proposal Thread
Yeah, we need a new RP, my RPing skills are rusty an been quite bored recently with no RPing in my life.
-
Spider
- Suspect

- Posts: 36
- Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:07 am
- Custom Title: Sylph of Doom
Re: RP Proposal Thread
Ok, we can work on one together. Maybe start with a little vote on what kind of roleplay?
-Ace Attorney Canon
-Ace Attorney - with OCs
-Other Fandom
-Other OCs
-Fandom Mash-Up (each character of a different franchise from any media)
Work from there.
-Ace Attorney Canon
-Ace Attorney - with OCs
-Other Fandom
-Other OCs
-Fandom Mash-Up (each character of a different franchise from any media)
Work from there.

Yours in Eternity
-
Spider
- Suspect

- Posts: 36
- Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:07 am
- Custom Title: Sylph of Doom
Re: RP Proposal Thread
Does anyone like Creepypasta? I've been looking for somewhere to roleplay a kind of OC for that fandom.

Yours in Eternity
-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: RP Proposal Thread
I got real into creepy pasta a while back. Not sure how you'd roleplay that though.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
Mister Gruel
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 194
- Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:04 pm
- Custom Title: Danksgiving
Re: RP Proposal Thread
you dontNot sure how you'd roleplay that though.
-
General Luigi
- Admin

- Posts: 4215
- Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm
- Custom Title: In Justice We Trust
- Location: Southern California
- Contact:
Re: RP Proposal Thread
At long last, Version 2.0 of my Fire Emblem RP is ready to be unveiled. I am open to suggested changes to some of the rules, provided I can trust the person suggesting the change to actually be interested in participating in the RP. Regrettably, I need to be up early for jury duty tomorrow, so unless some of you are really quick readers, I probably won't see any responses until a little over nine hours from now at the earliest (and that's assuming I have time to look over responses before I have to leave).
There are also some other ideas I have that I want player input from. Whether or not I go ahead with the ideas in the spoiler box below depends on what the players think.
Of the six remaining kingdoms, only two are powerful enough to have any chance of uniting Anatolia through force of arms: Paphlagonia and Chaldia. War between the two was almost inevitable. All it took was one sufficiently ambitious ruler, and King Damian of Paphlagonia was long thought to be that ruler. However, in 1079, the situation was turned on its head: Paphlagonia suddenly and unexpectedly found itself at war with the neighboring Bear Laguz kingdoms of Arka and Zemar. With the majority of the Paphlagonian army occupied fighting the Bear Laguz invaders, King Emmanuel II of Chaldia (nicknamed “Emmanuel the Golden”) seized the opportunity, gathering a large force of mercenaries to bolster his own forces and declaring war on Paphlagonia the following year. This, in turn, led Jaffa and Seleucia, Paphlagonia’s allies, to get involved. It is likely that whoever wins this war will ultimately rule over a united Anatolia, dramatically shifting the balance of power in Duat.
Also, to help reduce the likelihood of early-game TPKs, I am going to allow for the presence of a single crutch character. Whoever offers to control the crutch character first will get to design and play as the crutch character unless they were only making an “if no one else wants to, I’ll do it” offer. This character may be a Laguz class, a second-tier Beorc class, or a third-tier Beorc class. Regardless of their choice, their true level will be 21, they will have more weapon experience, and they will be able to start out with more expensive weapons and items that are currently off-limits to other characters. Because of their true level, I advise having them be either a second-tier Beorc class with twenty bottom-tier levels or a Laguz class. A crutch character who starts out as a third-tier Beorc class will almost inevitably be a Jagen (and not of the Oifey variety, either). In the beginning, the crutch character’s true level will not affect what level new characters start out as. Once the starting true level is close enough to the crutch character’s true level, I’ll start taking the crutch character’s level into account. Being the crutch character is an important responsibility; you need to observe restraint so everyone else can gain experience and catch up, yet you also need to be in a position to save the day if the party gets in over their heads. If I plan out the battles properly, a crutch character won’t even be necessary. This is just a precaution in case something goes wrong in the earlier chapters, such as me making the enemies too strong, the RNG being in a bad mood, or the party making a really bad tactical decision.
Battles are carried out “behind the scenes” in the OOC thread. During battles, players take turns choosing what their characters do in each phase of a battle. We all work together on planning out the posts that will be made in the narrative thread. This is purely so there isn’t an excess of extremely short posts that only mention someone’s character taking out a generic enemy. In addition, I will be employing a session system. All participants must specify the times they are available and what time zone they are in. We might be unable to schedule sessions unless at least one of us is able and willing to adjust their schedule. I ask that all participants be prepared to adjust their personal schedules to accommodate the RP if necessary, but only within reason. When stating the times you are available, please only mention your general sleep schedule and any times you flat-out cannot attend under any circumstances. You might be asked to stay up a bit later or wake up a bit earlier than usual, but only within reason and only if we can’t schedule a session without you making that kind of sacrifice. We’ll try to arrange for sessions that are most accommodating to the people who can least afford to make sacrifices. For example, if we have to choose between a session that requires five people to wake up an hour earlier than usual and a session that requires one person to stay up four hours later than usual, we’ll go with the first option unless the one person in the latter option personally volunteers to stay up late and they can afford to do so.
Currently, I plan on carrying out battles over Skype, as it allows us to communicate more efficiently and also has a screen-sharing function, so I can provide all players with a view of the map and their possible actions during battles (though I’ll need to do something a little different for battles in which visibility is limited). If Skype is not an option, I will look into CyTube and the possibility of streaming my screen. In the worst-case scenario, I’ll set up a CyTube channel with no connection to CR and use that for our sessions. Sessions will definitely be carried out during Battle Posting, but they will also be used during Story Posting to prevent people from getting lazy about moving the story along between battles.
Spoiler: tl;dr version
Fire Emblem: Ruler of the East
Testing Phase
At this point, the only things I don’t have ready are some maps of Duat, some Lore entries, and other things that, while helpful, are not necessary. I don’t want to keep everyone waiting any longer than I’ve already made them wait, though, so I figured I’d kill two Wyvern Riders with one arrow here by carrying out test battles while finishing up the extra stuff. This will also allow everyone to get used to the way the RP’s combat system works and also allow me to catch any problems with the RP’s mechanics that I failed to notice beforehand (or noticed, but didn’t expect to be a problem). There are some homebrewed mechanics I’m considering, so testing them out is crucial lest they turn out to be more trouble than they’re worth. Worst-case scenario, any ideas that don’t work out will just be flat-out nixed. Considering how many test battles I plan on running, I don’t plan on having experience carry over from them into the RP. These test battles also provide players with a convenient excuse to test out various classes and items without having to keep them. One final benefit of test battles is that they allow me to gauge how tough I should make the enemies, how good I should make the enemy’s tactics, and so on. To that end, I ask that you all perform to the best of your abilities. If you intentionally make really bad decisions in the hope that I’ll make the RP easier to compensate, you may find yourselves bored in later missions due to the relative lack of any real challenge.Testing Phase
Spoiler: Things to test
Spoiler: Ideas
Story
The prospect of a united Anatolia has often permeated conversation in the Beorc courts of the east. Rarely has more than a few years passed without at least one of the kingdoms in the region finding itself at war with a neighboring Bear Laguz kingdom. If Anatolia were to unite into a single state, only a fool would dare attack. No one has denied this. The main reason it hasn’t happened is disagreement over the answer to a predictable question: Who would rule a united Anatolia? This disagreement has ensured that a united Anatolia would be little more than a dream for a long time. After the Bear King’s Wars ended almost three hundred years ago, Anatolia consisted of twenty-seven kingdoms. Over the centuries, that number dwindled to six; some kingdoms were subjugated by Hellas or Calis to the west while others were conquered by their brethren.Of the six remaining kingdoms, only two are powerful enough to have any chance of uniting Anatolia through force of arms: Paphlagonia and Chaldia. War between the two was almost inevitable. All it took was one sufficiently ambitious ruler, and King Damian of Paphlagonia was long thought to be that ruler. However, in 1079, the situation was turned on its head: Paphlagonia suddenly and unexpectedly found itself at war with the neighboring Bear Laguz kingdoms of Arka and Zemar. With the majority of the Paphlagonian army occupied fighting the Bear Laguz invaders, King Emmanuel II of Chaldia (nicknamed “Emmanuel the Golden”) seized the opportunity, gathering a large force of mercenaries to bolster his own forces and declaring war on Paphlagonia the following year. This, in turn, led Jaffa and Seleucia, Paphlagonia’s allies, to get involved. It is likely that whoever wins this war will ultimately rule over a united Anatolia, dramatically shifting the balance of power in Duat.
Spoiler: Political Map of Duat (screen-stretch warning)
Starting Out
This section is currently only relevant to people who join before the RP formally begins, so it will be changed once the RP begins. You and the other players need to decide on a few things. The big one is how you all got involved in the war between Chaldia and Paphlagonia. I’d prefer if your first character and the other initial players’ first characters were all part of a small mercenary company that signed a contract with either King Emmanuel of Chaldia or King Damian of Paphlagonia. I favor this because it allows for much more freedom of movement with regards to where your characters are from without making it seem odd that, say, several Western Beorc and Crocodile Laguz are in a region inhabited mostly by Eastern Beorc, Bear Laguz, and Eagle Laguz. If you can all agree on an alternative, I’m open to it if it works. Naturally, you also need to agree on which ruler you’re fighting for, as I am currently not willing to manage two campaigns simultaneously. In the worst-case scenario, if part of the party wants to switch sides, the two sides will fight and I’ll manage the campaign of the winning side (the losing side would be at the winning side’s mercy, though, up to and including being killed by them).Also, to help reduce the likelihood of early-game TPKs, I am going to allow for the presence of a single crutch character. Whoever offers to control the crutch character first will get to design and play as the crutch character unless they were only making an “if no one else wants to, I’ll do it” offer. This character may be a Laguz class, a second-tier Beorc class, or a third-tier Beorc class. Regardless of their choice, their true level will be 21, they will have more weapon experience, and they will be able to start out with more expensive weapons and items that are currently off-limits to other characters. Because of their true level, I advise having them be either a second-tier Beorc class with twenty bottom-tier levels or a Laguz class. A crutch character who starts out as a third-tier Beorc class will almost inevitably be a Jagen (and not of the Oifey variety, either). In the beginning, the crutch character’s true level will not affect what level new characters start out as. Once the starting true level is close enough to the crutch character’s true level, I’ll start taking the crutch character’s level into account. Being the crutch character is an important responsibility; you need to observe restraint so everyone else can gain experience and catch up, yet you also need to be in a position to save the day if the party gets in over their heads. If I plan out the battles properly, a crutch character won’t even be necessary. This is just a precaution in case something goes wrong in the earlier chapters, such as me making the enemies too strong, the RNG being in a bad mood, or the party making a really bad tactical decision.
Posting Policy and Schedule
This RP will cycle between two separate posting systems. The first system, Story Posting, is observed whenever the party is not participating in a battle. Players are free to post in the narrative thread at any time under this system. The second system, Battle Posting, is observed whenever the party is participating in a battle. Under this system, players are to cooperate in the OOC thread and plan out posts beforehand; posting in the narrative thread without my permission is forbidden. I will announce changes between Story Posting and Battle Posting in the OOC thread.Battles are carried out “behind the scenes” in the OOC thread. During battles, players take turns choosing what their characters do in each phase of a battle. We all work together on planning out the posts that will be made in the narrative thread. This is purely so there isn’t an excess of extremely short posts that only mention someone’s character taking out a generic enemy. In addition, I will be employing a session system. All participants must specify the times they are available and what time zone they are in. We might be unable to schedule sessions unless at least one of us is able and willing to adjust their schedule. I ask that all participants be prepared to adjust their personal schedules to accommodate the RP if necessary, but only within reason. When stating the times you are available, please only mention your general sleep schedule and any times you flat-out cannot attend under any circumstances. You might be asked to stay up a bit later or wake up a bit earlier than usual, but only within reason and only if we can’t schedule a session without you making that kind of sacrifice. We’ll try to arrange for sessions that are most accommodating to the people who can least afford to make sacrifices. For example, if we have to choose between a session that requires five people to wake up an hour earlier than usual and a session that requires one person to stay up four hours later than usual, we’ll go with the first option unless the one person in the latter option personally volunteers to stay up late and they can afford to do so.
Currently, I plan on carrying out battles over Skype, as it allows us to communicate more efficiently and also has a screen-sharing function, so I can provide all players with a view of the map and their possible actions during battles (though I’ll need to do something a little different for battles in which visibility is limited). If Skype is not an option, I will look into CyTube and the possibility of streaming my screen. In the worst-case scenario, I’ll set up a CyTube channel with no connection to CR and use that for our sessions. Sessions will definitely be carried out during Battle Posting, but they will also be used during Story Posting to prevent people from getting lazy about moving the story along between battles.
Absences and Late Arrivals
If you expect to be unable to attend a scheduled session or believe there is a risk of you being late, you must say so before the session is scheduled to begin. Unannounced absences and late arrivals will be punished with penalties to the rate at which your characters gain experience. I’ll give some leeway with late arrivals as long as you’re no more than ten minutes late and your frequent tardiness doesn’t become a habit. The penalty will increase for each session you miss or arrive late to unless you told us beforehand of your expected absence or tardiness. The penalty will decrease each time you attend a session on time or announce your expected absence/tardiness beforehand. Three unannounced absences in a row or six unannounced late arrivals in a row will be punished by permanent stat decreases at a rate of one point in a random stat (two points if it’s HP) for every one unannounced absence or every two unannounced late arrivals. This is in addition to the aforementioned penalties to experience gain. Should you choose to relinquish control of your penalized character(s) and make someone new, the penalties will be moved over to your new character(s).Character Creation
You may have a maximum of two characters in this RP. The policy may change to one character (albeit not retroactively) if enough people join the RP. I’m allowing a maximum of two characters to join each chapter save for in the first chapter. I’m allowing every player to bring one character into the party for the first chapter. Your character must be approved by me before he/she is allowed to be in the RP. Please refer to the “Format for submitting a character” spoiler tab for the standard character submission form. If your character has a mount, I consider the mount to be an NPC under your control rather than one of your two characters.Spoiler: Format for submitting a character
Spoiler: Starting Level
Spoiler: Bottom-Tier Beorc Classes (screen-stretch warning)
Spoiler: Mid-Tier Beorc Classes (screen-stretch warning)
Spoiler: Top-Tier Beorc Classes (screen-stretch warning)
Spoiler: Laguz Classes (screen-stretch warning)
Spoiler: Laguz Mechanics and Comparison to Beorc
Spoiler: Assets and Flaws
Spoiler: What I won’t accept
Spoiler: Advice
The Factions
Currently, there are only two factions. Neither Chaldia nor Paphlagonia is inherently good or bad; both have problems that they need to address, but they both also have advantages that make them attractive to certain people. I will admit to having a preference, but I don’t want to force the party to side with a country they might rather oppose (unless you think both countries are horrible, in which case you’re out of luck). I will provide opportunities to switch sides under certain circumstances, but please keep in mind that treason will not go over well with your former allies in such a scenario (i. e. getting captured by your former allies will almost certainly mean being executed). Also, as I mentioned before, you and the other players need to agree on which side to fight for.
Spoiler: Chaldia
Spoiler: Paphlagonia
Items
Each character has eight item slots: four for weapons and four for other items. Your character may have one weapon equipped at any given time. The equipped weapon is always at the “front” of the list of weapons your character has on him/her. Should your character’s equipped weapon break, he/she will automatically equip the next weapon on that list. Most items (i. e. not weapons) are things to be used manually, not equipped. There are some items which can be equipped, but they provide a passive effect and do not break, meaning that they will be equipped until you unequip them. As with weapons, only one equippable item may be equipped at any given time.
Spoiler: Dropped Items
Spoiler: Storage and Supply Wagons
Spoiler: Customization
Spoiler: Enchantment
Spoiler: Repairs and Broken Items
Spoiler: Starter Shop
Spoiler: Crutch Starter Shop
Combat
Combat in this RP is handled the same way as in the Fire Emblem games, with most of the mechanics being from Radiant Dawn. The maps will require a little imagination on your part, but I’m confident they’ll be understandable. When your character engages the enemy, I run a series of calculations to determine what happens as far as the mechanics are concerned. You are, of course, free to describe combat as more than what the calculations say happened. For example, if I say your Swordfighter attacks an enemy Swordfighter and scores a hit while the enemy’s counterattack misses, feel free to portray the fight as more than that. That said, portraying every fight as an epic multi-paragraph struggle will likely bog down the narrative very quickly, which is why the current plan is for all of us to work together on making the combat posts. Generally speaking, anything goes when it comes to how you portray a fight; I’ll only intervene if I feel your character does something especially outlandish, such as using a Bronze Sword to bisect a Champion in full plate armor. Speaking of bisection, please avoid overly graphic descriptions of blood and gore. We don’t need to read about how your Swordfighter’s finishing blow caused the enemy’s blood and intestines to spill out of a gash in his abdomen.
Spoiler: Status Conditions
Spoiler: Battlefield Conditions
Spoiler: Stealing
Spoiler: Rescuing
Spoiler: Shoving
Other Features
Spoiler: Weapon Level
Spoiler: Skills
Spoiler: Death, Wounds, and Capture
Spoiler: Religion
Spoiler: Support
Spoiler: Romance
Spoiler: Marriage

I'll always love you, Max.
-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: RP Proposal Thread
I'm working now and so don't have a chance to read but you can basically consider me interested for now
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
Shadowsleuth
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 144
- Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:41 pm
- Custom Title: professional megalomaniac
- Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location
- Contact:
Re: RP Proposal Thread
oh dear god that is so many words
-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: RP Proposal Thread
Mostly read it now, I'll submit a character but it seems like this RP would benefit from.a good number of people. A dedicated Fire Emblem Fansite might appreciate it more but we'll see.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
General Luigi
- Admin

- Posts: 4215
- Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm
- Custom Title: In Justice We Trust
- Location: Southern California
- Contact:
Re: RP Proposal Thread
I'd probably get a lot more takers on Serenes Forest, yes, but starting a new account on a new forum just to run an RP strikes me as rather silly--not to mention a Fire Emblem fansite would probably already have plenty of Fire Emblem RPs. There's also the matter of there already being users here whom I could reasonably expect to be interested in my idea.Pierre wrote:A dedicated Fire Emblem Fansite might appreciate it more but we'll see.

I'll always love you, Max.
-
Anthony
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 am
- Custom Title: d
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Re: RP Proposal Thread
How is it Version 2.0?
-
General Luigi
- Admin

- Posts: 4215
- Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm
- Custom Title: In Justice We Trust
- Location: Southern California
- Contact:
-
Anthony
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 2818
- Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:40 am
- Custom Title: d
- Location: USA
- Contact:
Re: RP Proposal Thread
Ah. Two things I thought one was it was just on Hiatus. The other would include new classes. 
-
General Luigi
- Admin

- Posts: 4215
- Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm
- Custom Title: In Justice We Trust
- Location: Southern California
- Contact:
Re: RP Proposal Thread
New weapons have been introduced, some of the classes have been renamed, most of the classes have been tweaked for what is hopefully better balance, new skills have been introduced, some old skills have been removed or changed, new mechanics have been introduced, the RP takes place in a different location and time, the story is different... and those are just the changes that occur to me off the top of my head.

I'll always love you, Max.
-
Shadowsleuth
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 144
- Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:41 pm
- Custom Title: professional megalomaniac
- Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location
- Contact:
Re: RP Proposal Thread
Back on AAO, we ran a couple Fire Emblem RPs and they were pretty cool. Our user Kwando came up with some handy generators that calculated leveling and battles, which I think I could get if you wanted.
In the interim, holy jeez is that a lot of text. That is gonna be hugely intimidating to anyone looking to join, regardless of if they're a fan or not. I haven't gone through it all despite the fact that I am interested, but if you can find any way to make that thing easier to read, that would really help.
For example, the story section makes it difficult to tell what's going on beyond "countries fighting". I know the plot doesn't really matter in Fire Emblem, but you should consider simplifying the presentation there too. Generally (pun intended) speaking, there's too many proper nouns that make a reader stop and think "wait, what's that" before continuing.
In the interim, holy jeez is that a lot of text. That is gonna be hugely intimidating to anyone looking to join, regardless of if they're a fan or not. I haven't gone through it all despite the fact that I am interested, but if you can find any way to make that thing easier to read, that would really help.
For example, the story section makes it difficult to tell what's going on beyond "countries fighting". I know the plot doesn't really matter in Fire Emblem, but you should consider simplifying the presentation there too. Generally (pun intended) speaking, there's too many proper nouns that make a reader stop and think "wait, what's that" before continuing.
-
General Luigi
- Admin

- Posts: 4215
- Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm
- Custom Title: In Justice We Trust
- Location: Southern California
- Contact:
Re: RP Proposal Thread
I'll see about putting together a "tl;dr" version that covers the basics.

I'll always love you, Max.
-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: RP Proposal Thread
Mediaeval Kingdoms! Fighting! Beast People!
Romance!
Fire emblem is pretty standard fare in its story.
Romance!
Fire emblem is pretty standard fare in its story.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
General Luigi
- Admin

- Posts: 4215
- Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm
- Custom Title: In Justice We Trust
- Location: Southern California
- Contact:
Re: RP Proposal Thread
Spoiler: tl;dr version

I'll always love you, Max.
-
Spider
- Suspect

- Posts: 36
- Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:07 am
- Custom Title: Sylph of Doom
Re: RP Proposal Thread
I really wish I looked here sooner... when few people responded to me about even the possibility of a rp here, I didn't bother looking here for about a week I think. Regrets... 
Anyways, I would look into playing the Fire Emblem rp, but, as I just mentioned in the Fire Emblem thread, I'm looking to just get into the series now, meaning I'd be missing out on a lot of story elements. I'm also used to more casual rpgs. I mean, with dedicated people yeah, but not with a lot of mechanics thrown in. The most complicated I've done was a Pokémon rpg.
Also, to address something that came up earlier in this thread, yes, it is possible to roleplay Creepypasta. It just had a bad reputation because of fangirls. I think it's very possible to have a game set up with canon or original monster characters that don't detract from the source material or the purpose of them being scary. It's just done really badly a lot of the time.
Anyways, I would look into playing the Fire Emblem rp, but, as I just mentioned in the Fire Emblem thread, I'm looking to just get into the series now, meaning I'd be missing out on a lot of story elements. I'm also used to more casual rpgs. I mean, with dedicated people yeah, but not with a lot of mechanics thrown in. The most complicated I've done was a Pokémon rpg.
Also, to address something that came up earlier in this thread, yes, it is possible to roleplay Creepypasta. It just had a bad reputation because of fangirls. I think it's very possible to have a game set up with canon or original monster characters that don't detract from the source material or the purpose of them being scary. It's just done really badly a lot of the time.

Yours in Eternity
-
Shadowsleuth
- Desk Jockey

- Posts: 144
- Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:41 pm
- Custom Title: professional megalomaniac
- Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location
- Contact:
Re: RP Proposal Thread
I've been in an RP mood lately and I've yet to get this one off the ground. So hey, figured I'd give it a shot here. I've basically already written up the OP, so this is just that with all the extras taken out.
Spoiler: The Mercurial Peace
-
General Luigi
- Admin

- Posts: 4215
- Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:31 pm
- Custom Title: In Justice We Trust
- Location: Southern California
- Contact:
Re: RP Proposal Thread
Looks good to me. You're technically free to start an OOC thread now, but I recommend waiting until you've got some interested parties.

I'll always love you, Max.
-
Pierre
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 14363
- Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:30 pm
- Custom Title: Gettin' Old!
- Location: Scotland
Re: RP Proposal Thread
I'm pretty interested in something like that.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.
-
Spider
- Suspect

- Posts: 36
- Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:07 am
- Custom Title: Sylph of Doom
Re: RP Proposal Thread
Yeah, again I'm not familiar with the content. I know the World Ends with You, though I wasn't that impressed by it. I've only seen the first episode of Durararara and only seen about a few gameplay episodes of Persona 4 and kinda dropped it. Not my kind of thing...

Yours in Eternity











[/URL]