Apparently, nobody created a thread about the new game.
In fact, while i was watching Nintendo Direct....some people hated that game.
Should Paper Mario Color Splash be released in North America?
i've been waiting so long to play that game for Wii U!
Paper Mario Color Splash
-
DimensionalHero
- Suspect

- Posts: 20
- Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:16 am
- Custom Title: Sensitive Player
- Location: WaraWara Plaza
- Contact:
Paper Mario Color Splash
Growing tired of playing games...
i can be easily sensitive over Miiverse.
i can be easily sensitive over Miiverse.
-
Butz the Klutz 52
- Medium-in-training

- Posts: 332
- Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:47 pm
- Custom Title: Ace Procrastinator
- Location: USA
Re: Paper Mario Color Splash
I personally hate the direction the series is going in. I enjoyed the first 2 games, the 3rd was meh, and Sticker Star was atrocious
-
DoMaya
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 3481
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm
- Custom Title: The Real Human Being
-
TheDoctor
- Prosecutor

- Posts: 926
- Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm
- Custom Title: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...
Re: Paper Mario Color Splash
Yeah, that video pretty much hit the nail on the head. Overall, I love the new design aesthetic, but the gameplay is nothing like the Paper Mario I loved. I'll admit, the puzzles in Sticker Star weren't half bad, but the battle mechanics were awful, the music wasn't very good, and the lack of story was atrocious. If all we can expect is more of the same, that's pretty sad.
-
Justice1
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 220
- Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:42 am
- Custom Title: The Trial to the Truth begins
- Location: New York, USA
- Contact:
Re: Paper Mario Color Splash
I'll judge this game by my own merits. When I get it, I'll find out for myself.

Avatar made by Purple Angel and Signature done by Vicki-chan. ^^
I thank them both so much! The Trial to the Truth has begun.
Dual Destinies Playthrough: Here
- Smithee
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 204
- Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:54 pm
Re: Paper Mario Color Splash
From what I've heard and seen so far -- it's still not as good as the original 3, but it's nevertheless an improvement over Sticker Star.
Last edited by Smithee on Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
-
dullahan1
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 6664
- Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm
- Custom Title: Do you see the black one...or the white?
- Location: IN SPACE!
- Contact:
Re: Paper Mario Color Splash
I saw it played on Twitch. Aside from the battle system, the game looked highly interesting to me. Personally, I'm glad to see it's better than I thought it would be.
On April 3, 2016, Court Records Forums experienced a miracle upon that day.
CatMuto wrote:I feel the samePierre wrote:Man...that looks dull...this actually makes me worried for KH3 (since that team worked on the battle system)
-
linkenski
- Ace Attorney

- Posts: 1637
- Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:04 pm
- Custom Title: "I'm so sick of Khura'in!"
- Location: The localized equivalent of Denmark
Re: Paper Mario Color Splash
Sometimes I look at credits from games randomly, and while I fail to recall the names right now, I think just as the last two Zeldas had a new director, which shows on good and bad IMO, the Paper Marios also had a new director taking the helm starting with Sticker Star. As much as Miyamoto is infamous for telling them to "cut down the text!" I have a feeling that the reason the series shifted away from RPG is just as much the change of project leadership.
That said, Miyamoto is notorious. He also kept Koizumi from adding more plot to Mario Galaxy. He said the storybook sequences were pushing it and wanted it cut down because apparently he just hates story in games.
That said, Miyamoto is notorious. He also kept Koizumi from adding more plot to Mario Galaxy. He said the storybook sequences were pushing it and wanted it cut down because apparently he just hates story in games.
This is the Dark Age of the Ace Attorney
- Smithee
- Decisive Witness

- Posts: 204
- Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:54 pm
Re: Paper Mario Color Splash
Huey > Kersti.

