Virt's Sprites

For rips or edits of PW:AA / GS game sprites and related art.
Post Reply
Virt
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 5:02 pm
Custom Title: The Pokémon Prof
Contact:

Virt's Sprites

Post by Virt »

Hi! Some people here might know me from AAO as I post art there sometimes. Anyway, here are some of my sprites. They include scratch sprites, edits, and a few "traces" (drawn over models, concept art, etc)
Bizarro Wright (based on a comic I saw):
ImageImage
Image "APPROVAL!" ImageImage
Front View DD Phoenix Wright:
ImageImage
ImageImage
AA4 Concept Payne:
Image
DA Maya:
Image
Angry Phoenix (inspired by an expression in PLvAA):
ImageImage
Zoom Phoenix Style Test:
Image
A Spirit Medium OC who just wants to direct (for a sprite contest on AAO):
Image

Also, I'm running a poll to see who I should make a full sprite set of: http://www.strawpoll.me/10182137 (as of posting this, May 11, 2016)

So yeah, I hope you enjoy! :hair-flip:
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Hey Virt! You joined!
Your sprite work and artwork are AMAZING! The quality's on par with the official sprites in-game!
Tilemahosbra
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:16 pm
Custom Title: *wonk*
Location: I moved under your bed now
Contact:

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by Tilemahosbra »

I'm not sure if I have any words to describe your work.

I guess "Amazing" will have to do for now. :redd:
yes
TheDoctor
Prosecutor
Prosecutor
Posts: 926
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:05 pm
Custom Title: Wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey...

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by TheDoctor »

Really looking forward to revamped Phoenix. Keep up the good work!
Image
ohzaru97
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 1:27 pm
Custom Title: An attorney with iluminaty powers!
Location: Spain

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by ohzaru97 »

It's good to see you here too! :will:
I love your sprites and your draws!good job with all! :basil:
"The law has a lot of contradictions, but we're going to fix the law!"
Virt
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 5:02 pm
Custom Title: The Pokémon Prof
Contact:

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by Virt »

Thank you all for the kind words!

Also, the poll results are in. I'll first be spriting Simon Blackquill (freed, meaning no cuffs/shackles).
One sprite down, a bajillion to go...
Image
ohzaru97
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 1:27 pm
Custom Title: An attorney with iluminaty powers!
Location: Spain

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by ohzaru97 »

Virt wrote:Thank you all for the kind words!

Also, the poll results are in. I'll first be spriting Simon Blackquill (freed, meaning no cuffs/shackles).
One sprite down, a bajillion to go...
Image
awesome first srpite! :will:
and I saw the results,Phoenix Co DD was so close to Blackquill jajaja xD

and he looks so awesome,seriously,good job! :basil:
"The law has a lot of contradictions, but we're going to fix the law!"
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Virt wrote:Thank you all for the kind words!

Also, the poll results are in. I'll first be spriting Simon Blackquill (freed, meaning no cuffs/shackles).
One sprite down, a bajillion to go...
Image
Oohh Nice! Best of luck making the set! :butzthumbs: :butzthumbs: :butzthumbs:
Tilemahosbra
Decisive Witness
Decisive Witness
Posts: 158
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:16 pm
Custom Title: *wonk*
Location: I moved under your bed now
Contact:

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by Tilemahosbra »

OH MY GOD

THIS IS BLOODY BEAUTIFUL
yes
Spongesonic IN COURT
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:17 am
Custom Title: The Man of Potassium
Location: ↑ & ↓ & ↻

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by Spongesonic IN COURT »

I always admired your talent, Virt. Keep up the good work!
Image
Misc. Information
Skype: superspongesonic
Steam: spongesonic
Youtube: SpongesonicPictures
deviantART: spongesoniccomics
Virt
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 5:02 pm
Custom Title: The Pokémon Prof
Contact:

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by Virt »

Got distracted from Simon by Phoenix... oops
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Obviously the last few are still WIPs
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

I love the shocked and the "what?" faces you've drawn, they really look like Nick's poses!
Virt
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 5:02 pm
Custom Title: The Pokémon Prof
Contact:

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by Virt »

ImageImage
Thanks!
ohzaru97
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 1:27 pm
Custom Title: An attorney with iluminaty powers!
Location: Spain

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by ohzaru97 »

Virt wrote:ImageImage
Thanks!
I love the expressions!It's too Nick jajaja good job!
"The law has a lot of contradictions, but we're going to fix the law!"
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Virt wrote:ImageImage
Thanks!
How do you render the images to get the same colour palettes and lines the official sprites get? Do you draw them out and decrease colour depth or do you draw them all with the pencil tool?
Virt
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 5:02 pm
Custom Title: The Pokémon Prof
Contact:

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by Virt »

I draw them out at 4x time resolution (8x for Simon) and then resize them and put them into Index Color mode in photoshop.
This is what the surprised pose looks like in full:
Image
And this is what the sprite looks like before any clean up:
Image
Typically there's quite a bit of clean up that needs to be done to get it to look just right (or in this case... just like Wright)
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

XD Ahh nice! Thanks for sharing!
That's similar to how I draw mine out. I draw them at 10x the size, then I downsize the image and Index colour. I guess the sharpness is all in the time spent cleaning up!
HeroMan66475
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:21 pm
Custom Title: um...hi your honour?
Location: YouTube, Deviant art, FanFiction.net and Discord

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by HeroMan66475 »

Wow! These look really good. Are you done spriting Feenie? I wanna know what the set looks like! :will:
User avatar
Nate
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:53 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by Nate »

djfnsidjfnsdjf im love these
Good evening. Nate here.
LuigiBoi
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:15 pm
Custom Title: Luigi Time!

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by LuigiBoi »

Is it ok if I use the Phoenix Witness sprites for an Attorney Online character?
Yours Truly
Tramon81
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:35 pm
Custom Title: Artist Student

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by Tramon81 »

Wow, those sprites are really good, may I ask how you go about doing them?
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by SuperAj3 »

Tramon81 wrote:Wow, those sprites are really good, may I ask how you go about doing them?
Not sure if Virt still visits here.
Tramon81
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:35 pm
Custom Title: Artist Student

Re: Virt's Sprites

Post by Tramon81 »

SuperAj3 wrote:
Tramon81 wrote:Wow, those sprites are really good, may I ask how you go about doing them?
Not sure if Virt still visits here.
Oh...
Post Reply