Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [RESULTS!]

For rips or edits of PW:AA / GS game sprites and related art.
ann-nna
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:50 am
Location: Russia

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [EXT!]

Post by ann-nna »

Here's my long anticipated (not) entry. XD Was going to make her shoulders rise, but I've been struggling with her arms long enough already. D| It's been a pretty one-sided battle, too. XD Oh well, maybe later.
Image
And now for the useless trivia which, I thought, was a good alternative to spoiling her story. 8D
Spoiler:
Her earrings are mood, well, earrings. XD
Is intergender, but prefers to be addressed as a female rather than “they”.
Has a fiancée.
Used to drink occasionally, once got roaring drunk at the graduation partyXD, but since becoming a nanny dropped the habit altogether.
Loves children and despises everyone who mistreats them.
Prefers verbal annihilation to brute force, but is not above using the latter.
Takes singing lessons from her friend.
Her cousin’s an American, yet it wasn’t until middle school that she started learning English. The sole reason being, it seemed like the easiest language the Japanese games get translated to.
Since I inserted her into the canon world and briefly made Edgeworth's assistant Hannah got fear of crowds solely so that her existence wouldn't contradict nobody being on the prosecutor's side in the courtroom.
Owes her life to Gumshoe in more than one way.
Hates Lotta's guts.
Owns a tamagotchi, collects stuffed toys, manga and anime DVDs.
Loves stickers, glitter, glow-in-the dark stuff.
Lind
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 5484
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
Custom Title: i feel pretty
Location: Milton Keynes, England

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [EXT!]

Post by Lind »

ImageImage

Ladies and Gantlemen, welcome the father of Kristoph and Klavier Gavin... Kurtis Gavin!

For reference, the old version:
Image


For reference, an even older version:
Image

Father of the Gavin brothers, and head of the Gavin & Co. Law Offices during the events of Kristoph Gavin: Ace Attorney. An avid painter and enthusiast of the arts, a trivia buff, and an all-round nice guy (sometimes too much for his own good).

This was actually one of my earliest OCs, dating back to before I even played the Ace Attorney series. He was obviously quite different at first - he wasn't a Gavin, for one (his original name was Curtis Lycinder). And of course, he didn't sport the Gavin drills. He was originally in a fantasy series that was essentially a ripoff of Harry Potter mixed with Final Fantasy elements. It was terrible, but some of my early character concepts have come with me, and Kurtis is one.

In this remake I strove to make him as distinct as possible from the other two Gavins whilst still making him strikingly similar. The addition of purple to his palette (a different shade to his sons) to keep him more thematically in line was used. I also gave him a bowtie to make him a little more distinct from his body base (Apollo). Effort was also made to make him noticably taller and more imposing than his sons. Besides changing details of the face (originally Kristoph's with elements of Klavier added), I also changed his skin tone and made his hair neater than his sons. I'd like to think I did a pretty good job establishing his design as his own whilst still making him plausibly canon.
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [EXT!]

Post by SuperAj3 »

D-D-D-DOUBLE ENTRY!
(On mobile atm so I'll see if i can edit these into the OP)
All your background info is so interesting! Always cool to learn about their background or how you came to create them!
PhoenixAA
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:49 pm
Custom Title: Peace and Love!
Location: France

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [EXT!]

Post by PhoenixAA »

6 entries! It's great!

I love Alexei Bogard, I think he would make a perfect duet with Mike Meekins! :megaphone:
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [EXT!]

Post by SuperAj3 »

I think with this, Entry time is OVER!
Voting will begin within the next 24 hours or so (I have something planned :hotti: )
Spoiler: A preview of what's to come
Image
50% complete. Should all be done by tomorrow
Darth Wiader
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [EXT!]

Post by Darth Wiader »

PhoenixAA wrote:I love Alexei Bogard, I think he would make a perfect duet with Mike Meekins! :megaphone:
If he joined the force one day, I could imagine them as a comedy duo like Bulk and Skull :D. Or a new cast for the next Police Academy movie (or 13 posterunek, a Polish sitcom).
SuperAj3 wrote:I think with this, Entry time is OVER!
Voting will begin within the next 24 hours or so (I have something planned :hotti: )
Spoiler: A preview of what's to come
Image
50% complete. Should all be done by tomorrow
It's funny, because for the character that I originally wanted to sprite such a wonderful cut-in would actually come in handy.
Well, I guess it can’t be helped.
Image
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [VOTING!]

Post by SuperAj3 »

VOTING HAS BEGUN!!!
Image

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
VOTING HAS BEGUN!

To enter, please copy and paste the cut-in (from above) of your TOP 2 FAVOURITE ENTRIES !
(You can also vote for a single entry as well)

Because this was a comp for everyone's fave OC, I decided to make a thank you present for everyone! You can use these cut ins for your OC for whatever project you'd like! (With credit, please XD)
ann-nna
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:50 am
Location: Russia

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [VOTING SOON!]

Post by ann-nna »

Hannah Flower: the most unlikely Ace Attorney. XD Least she'd be good at stalling for time with her stuttering. >w>
I vote for him - Image
And I just couldn't not vote for this guy. XD Image
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [VOTING!]

Post by SuperAj3 »

This comp's tough.... After drawing them all I like all of the entries now XD
I think my votes will go to;

Image
Image
Southern Corn
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 4741
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:42 am
Custom Title: Happy Maria

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [VOTING!]

Post by Southern Corn »

Image Image

Definitely.
Image
Image
Aeliren
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:56 pm

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [VOTING!]

Post by Aeliren »

Image Image
Darth Wiader
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [VOTING!]

Post by Darth Wiader »

Tough decision. As much as I like Gladys, I'll give my votes to:

Image Image
Image
Lind
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 5484
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:50 pm
Custom Title: i feel pretty
Location: Milton Keynes, England

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [VOTING!]

Post by Lind »

I agonized over this choice. This is a really good comp.

ImageImage
SilverGS
Desk Jockey
Desk Jockey
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Somewhere in France

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [VOTING!]

Post by SilverGS »

I'm so glad this comp got all these amazing entries! I vote for:

ImageImage
Nicky Boy
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:48 pm
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [VOTING!]

Post by Nicky Boy »

Crap, I would've made Isaac a sprite for this especially if I knew you would make a zoom in and save me some time XD, but I completely missed it!

Anyway, I vote for:
Image Image
PhoenixAA
Suspect
Suspect
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:49 pm
Custom Title: Peace and Love!
Location: France

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [VOTING!]

Post by PhoenixAA »

It's hard to choose! But I am going to vote for:

Image and Image

Thank you Super Aj3, I will surely use it in my trial!! :pearl:
SuperAj3
Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney
Posts: 3288
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:23 am
Custom Title: Art Person
Location: Making Sprites

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [VOTING!]

Post by SuperAj3 »

Voting has CLOSED!
AND THE WINNER IS.......
Image
Spoiler: The Winner
DARTH WIADER! - 6 votes
Image
Spoiler: Remaining results
In Tied 2nd place were:
SILVER GS AND PHOENIX AA! - 4 votes

In 3rd was LIND! - 3 votes

In 4th, ANN-NNA! -1 vote

And Last, but not least
ROPFA! - 0 votes


Thanks for playing everyone! (I'll update OP later)
Darth Wiader
Medium-in-training
Medium-in-training
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Spriting Comp! OC ALL STAR SHOWDOWN! [RESULTS!]

Post by Darth Wiader »

Thank you for all your votes. The new competition is ready.
Image
Post Reply