WinterCoat wrote:
Brandy chuckled, "Cast Away was a good picture -- that volleyball was my favorite part. Anyway, I s'pose that, yeah, since it is chained to you, you may as well humanize it a lil' bit and make it seem less... intimidatin'."
She fully sat down next to him. "Say, do you get bored easily?"
"Only boring people get bored." The way Benjamin said it sounded like he was quoting someone.
"... yes, I get bored easily. But I'm used to it, life hasn't been exciting for a long time. All you do in prison is eat crappy food, exercise, and sleep. There's some recreation and TV, but you have to stay away from it. That's how they institutionalize you. The best option is to read, but that only gets you so far. At the end of the day, you're living life without a purpose. And slowly you need to resign yourself to the fact that this is your life, and you're never going to see the outside world again." He didn't sound morose as he said any of that, he spoke it all matter-of-factly with very little emotion at all.