Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus

Page 35 of 39[ 1538 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Re: NG9 Game Thread (Round 7: The Emissary Game)Topic%20Title

Gettin' Old!

Maximillion looked up from the harp as he was trying to figure it out with confusion "Strange... perhaps this is more morphogenetic madness." His eyes lit up as he clocked on the title for a new game he would develop.

"I can assure you you were not present as my wedding was a very private ceremony." He said returning his attention to the harp.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

Sleeping is my life.

Hazel doesn't seem convinced by Max's claim that she wasn't at his wedding.

"Are you sure, Max?" Hazel asked as she rubs her chin with her free hand. "I remembered a bit more of the wedding that I attended. More specifically, there was a small ceremony and I listened to my great-granddaughter make her wedding vows. I don't remember much of anyone else being there... Only that I associated you with it, Max."

“At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if the old bag was the one who married him.” Luka grumbled. “But not for nothing, we do know that Forrest Carroll is married. So if it comes to voting for the keykeeper I say we should do Max—we know something about everyone else but him, we know Max is an engineer too. It’s a safe bet for me.”

1000% Knight

"And who do you suppose his third acquaintance is?" Astrid asked.
Credit to Evolina for the sig+avatar!

Max sits down next to the harp. He fiddles around with the strings for a few seconds. He peeks at a sheet of music and tilts is head thoughtfully.

He sits down and plays a little song.

A few minutes later, Stella finds a note on the underside of the chess board:

Code:
Round 8: The Dead End

Each player chooses privately either to STAY or RUN.

Those who RUN will earn $370,000 and they will be able to leave all of this at peace, but they must predict all other players who will RUN.

Those who STAY earn $50,000 for each person who stays.
Re: NG9 Game Thread (Round 8: Time to Go)Topic%20Title

Ember stepped away from the screen after a moment. She stood in a corner very pointedly not looking at the screen for a while, until Luka spoke.

"... Max had to be the key keeper. At this point, saying anyone's here for this game by coincidence is absurd, so he must have some connection to this whole mess."

1000% Knight

"If the game has started, there's not much point in discussing it now," Astrid said. She looked at the rules with excitement. "Is there any reason we shouldn't all stay? We'd each get $450,000."

Ember quickly looked down at her fingers and realized she made a really embarrassing mistake calculating the payout for this game even a third grader could get right on the first try. I'm glad it was all her fault and not mine. "... Right. If we all stay, I'm pretty sure most of us can win right now. I don't think anyone would want to run, right?"

Gettin' Old!

Maximillion smiled and he sings the backing music in a beautiful feminine voice totally unlike his usual while playing piano noises on the harp somehow.

When he finishes he just idly plucks the strings “Cousteaus song is certainly an interesting one.” He plucked another note “But my dear Ember, even if I bore some connection here that you have not yet found, that does not mean I am necessarily the keykeeper.” He plucked more strings “We know others have used fake names and have enough acquaintances already, the resident of this home could be a lie.” He plucked away at the harp “Naturally, as time passed, Jason’s parents would have died and he might have inherited this building normally would be one possibility.” He tilted his head along to his tune, convinced that it wasn’t a secret musical code but enjoying the sounds anyway “Alternatively there are still great unknowns with who is actually controlling Luka and Anna is or who those others through the wall are though they are unlikely to be the keykeeper as neither of those shadows were around when the keg appeared.” He stopped playing and rested his hands on his lap.

“While the keykeeper plays on people’s minds...to consider the other game for a moment...I agree with Astrids assertion. Even if some people are too tortured to stay here...” he glanced at Luka to see if he was still freaking out “We still receive a significantly large payout as if someone defects the price for such poor performance will be paltry compared to losing on a run option.” Maximillion said nodding along with Astrid,
Made by Chesu+Zombee

You thought you could be safe in your courts, with your laws and attorneys to protect you. In this world only I am law, my word is fact, my power is absolute.

1000% Knight

"There's no incentive to run--you reduce your payout from $450,000 to $370,000. And if someone else decides to run as well, there's a decent chance you'll earn $0 instead," Astrid said.

"The incentive is presumably not having to find out what happens next," Stella added with a frown. "Though I'd think there would be more to it than that if we're okay with these revelations to have stayed this long..."

Sleeping is my life.

"Well..." Hazel said as she thinks for a moment. "If we came this far after all the revelations we had seen... Then why did we kept playing this game? How did we get this far in the game?"

"And there's still questions that have to be answered..." She quietly adds on.

Shy guy

"I'm staying," Jason said, unsurprisingly. It didn't seem he had much more to say on the matter.

“I’ll stay too.” Luka nodded. “It’s a little too easy of a decision, actually, so I’m suspicious. I’m kinda worried about what’ll happen.”

Code:
Those who RUN will recieve their money first. Those who STAY will get their shares of money after an honest discussion.

1000% Knight

“Of course there’s more to it,” Astrid grumbled. “Well, I still think staying is the best course of action.”

Gettin' Old!

Concern flicked across Maximillion's face as the new rules were revealed. "Au contraire my most astute Astrid for this arrangement aggravates me amazingly." he rose and left the harp.

"Consider...we know that Zero is out to stop us. If Zero is within victory's grasp as some of us are, then this would allow them to win before other people ending the game before those who agree to stay. If we all commit to staying, Zero might leave us all in the dust as a result and we'd never get what we wanted."
Made by Chesu+Zombee

1000% Knight

Astrid considered this. “If someone successfully RUNs and hits $1,000,000, does that preclude those who STAY from winning? If it does, then if you throw Zero into the mix, then... this entire thing falls apart. If we all decide to STAY, then Zero can screw us by RUNning, but if we all decide to RUN, Zero can screw us by STAYing. And if we can’t coordinate, then RUNning is pretty much impossible.”

"I knew there had to be a catch," Stella grumbled. "So now what? Should we try to figure out who Zero is, or maybe the keykeeper?"

1000% Knight

“I don’t think the keykeeper matters anymore,” Astrid said. “Zero, on the other hand...”

Sleeping is my life.

Hazel nods after hearing Astrid talk about her concerns regarding Zero.

"That's true, Zero is our main concern... Although, it concerns me that some of us already revealed what their decision is..." Hazel said, looking a bit concerned.

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Well, I'm choosing stay, so!"

Iris grimaces a bit. "I've got no doubts that at least someone's going to run, though..."

ASCEND

“I will be staying as well, of course,” Iris’s sister remarked, suddenly remembering that she hadn’t posted anything yet. “I certainly won’t be leaving...not when I’m this close to the truth of what happened to Iris.”

Vivienne’s expression hardened. “In any case, staying still seems like the best option, even with Zero to consider. At the very least it’s a way to control the damage they deal.”
Vesti and Lauren's Interdimensional Investigations
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

The group waits a few minutes anxiously.

After what seems like too long, they hear the final result:

Code:
Round 8 has ended.

Everyone has chosen to STAY.

As per the rules, each player will recieve $450,000 after a short break.

Thank you all so much for staying.

Code:
In this game, there were two types of players. There were seven of one type, and three of the other. There exists a vital difference between them, but the morphogenetic field helped blur that line.

There is also the matter of the center of this. Four of you sit in the direct radius.

Sleeping is my life.

"Well... I guess we all decided to stay... Can't say that I'm surprised." Hazel said.

Meanwhile the 2nd Hazel look over her shoulders before she looks at the group. "Actually, I think I didn't mention where Iris and I are right now, right? We appears to be in a living room. There's a..... What was it called again? The portable movie thingy?" The 2nd Hazel said before she paused for a few seconds. "The room is familiar, like I visit it often. It's a nice house, but it's not really my house. I wonder whose house it belongs to..."

1000% Knight

Astrid let out a huge sigh of relief. “We did it she said,” almost to herself.

“So we just need to figure out what Zero is talking about here? It seems fairly likely that the last part is talking about everything that happened with Jason.”

ASCEND

"I'm honestly surprised that nothing at all happened," Vivienne remarked, "It's as if Zero had simply thrown in the towel...Ah, well. I'm certainly not complaining, even if that extra money won't make much of a difference to me."

"I can't really make much sense of these clues though," Vivienne mumbled, "Perhaps we need to consider some of the mysteries we've been held up on during this game through this perspective of having 'two types' of players. The fact that the two groups don't add up to ten is very concerning..."
This CYOA follows Vesti Gates and Lauren Tehra, two detectives who search for the truth, whether in their own dimension or otherwise.

Shy guy

"So we all stayed after all." Jason sounded sad rather than relieved by this news, for some reason. Some of the players might have noticed him talking quietly with someone during the lead up to the decision.

"A radius has a centre. Perhaps our aim is to identify it. There's a reasonable chance a lot of this stemmed from what happened at that combine harvester years ago, although I'm not sure there are four of us here who were 'directly' affected by that."

ASCEND

"I can't think of any other event that has been more of a focus of this game...not even Iris's death. Zero made certain to call our attention to the combine in the yard, after all," Vivienne replied, "Still, I can't fathom how four people here were in its 'radius.' It seems that only you and Miss Hawthorne were connected to it."

"Maybe Maximilion is secretly Wesley," Stella suggested dryly. "It wouldn't even surprise me at this point."

Gettin' Old!

Maximillion wiggled excitedly before grabbing Ember and Vivienne in a kind of group hug and emitting an excited squeal "OH I'M SO DELIGHTED! Not a one betrayer among us! That is so delightful to see hee hee!" he chirped as he swung them with surprising strength in a waltz around the room. He eventually released them and dabbed his eyes with his scarf "I just...I thought for sure Zero would try and usurp us at this final moment, or someone else would to seize their own victory. The thought itself had crossed my own mind after all." he sniffed paying next to no attention to the cryptic musings of Zero.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Code:
The point from which everything connects is Jason Church. Four of you here suffered badly for his sake. I do not think this is the result of some "curse". Hazel attempted to curse him, but there's no scientific basis for the curse at all.

Additionally, it appears there is a winner.

Sleeping is my life.

Hazel seems confused by the latest statement.

"Four of us were badly affected for Jason's sake...?" Hazel muttered to herself. "I think I might be one of those four, but I'm not really sure..."

Gettin' Old!

"I imagine that includes only the people here as Jason's criminal actions probably upset far more people than four." Maximillion said with fists clenched in anticipation "But enough about that! Announce the results!" He said hopping with excitement.
Made by Chesu+Zombee

Ember had been about to say something, but Maximillion's group hug ended up forcibly taking priority.

After a colorful parade of yelps and requests for personal space eventually led to her being released, she joined in asking for the winner. "That says there is a winner. That doesn't mean it's only one person, right? With four hundred and fifty thousand, most of us should have more than a million by now!"

ASCEND

Vivienne stumbled away from Max's group hug, loudly dropping her parasol on the floor and aklmost collapsing into the wall.

"Err...Hmm...Anyway..." Vivienne stammered, a look of bewilderment on her face (probably for several reasons). "None of us have actually received that money yet, right? This implies that someone already crossed a million, which should be impossible, seeing as no one ran."

Sleeping is my life.

"........ Wait." Hazel said, a sudden realization occurring to her. "Do you suppose the winner managed to talk one of us into giving them the money needed to hit the million dollar mark?"

"Even if someone did, you can only give fifty thousand each round." Ember said. "Even if they got multiple people to pay, which I doubt, they'd need to be at almost one million already."

No other way than to make this mistake.

"Isn't it more than one? Four hundred and fifty five puts a lot of people past the finish line." Iris remarks.

Sleeping is my life.

Hazel shakes her head.

"True, Iris, except we'd get the $450,000 after a short break. It's a possibility that the winner hit the million dollar mark before the short break was up." Hazel theorized. "Though, the real question is... Why?"
Page 35 of 39 [ 1538 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Board index » Roleplay » Berry Big Circus